[Drama 2014] The Spring Day of My Life/My Spring Day 내 생애 봄날

Admin

I was so happy for her when I first heard they were going to be in the same drama. Imagine working with your favorite actor ? It's such a big honor. That's why I hope and know she is going to show a good performance because who would want to disappoint its favorite actor ? Hahaha.
But seriously, I giggled when Hwang Jung Min picked her as his favorite SNSD member. I freakin' love that man. I watched Dancing Queen and New World and he is seriously good. I really want her to work with him someday. It would be pretty awesome.Funny anecdote is that she was supposed to work with his New World co-star, Lee Jung Jae in a drama called Speed but sadly, the drama never happened. I looooove him too since I have watched NW. He was fantastic and he has such a powerful charisma.
P.S. I know it was expected but I am a little sad and jealous that sites like dramabeans and koalasplayground don't upload much news about the drama compared to its rival timeslots.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@asiiatdu82 I just realized I missed your three posts.. idk what's wrong with me these days.. sigh..
I just went to read some of Sooyoung's Cyrano interviews and I think she seems to have this 'perfectionist-ism' (<-- sorry for my lack of vocab) in her acting. There was a scene in Cyrano when Gong Minyoung discovered Master's true identity. The reporter told her that scene left a good impression and yet Sooyoung wasn't satisfied with the outcome. I think Sooyoung's acting in My Spring Day will be alright. She's the type that went to the director/writer to understand more about her character's background. That's how (I think) she maintains her character background consistency throughout the 16-20 episodes. It makes people like me, who is easily get bothered with contradict personalities between scenes, could watch the drama without any sort of annoyance. *for example, the female lead is a strong person in the beginning of the show but once she falls in love, she became a freaking weak someone else*
Let's just ignore the beauty standard. I read someone posted in AKP before that there are some SONEs who went all the way to search the identity of these knetz commenters who kept writing about Sooyoung being ugly. Those apparently were just highschooler girls that bashes almost all female idols and complimenting their beloved oppa to heaven. Sooyoung is their favorite target, so don't be too upset about the comments. Just like my friend constantly telling me, knetz do not represent the whole Korean population. The fact that a quite number of famous actors are Sooyoung's fan already tells you that she is indeed a very pretty young lady.
Shin Hyun Joon? I like him. He's a very versatile actor. Give him any roles, I think he nailed it somehow. But so far, I like his works with action movies. idk about comparing him to Sooyoung... hehe.. Sooyoung really needs to be athletic in order to be like him. lol. Sooyoung said she's been hitting the gym, so I guess that's a good start.. 
In my opinion, My Spring Days is going to be just fine. My friend who said about the power of ahjummas told me beforehand that the story isn't going to appeal to the younger generations who watched dramas through internet. Her prediction so far seems right and I'm really hope her guess about the success of this drama will be true as well. So let's not worried about it too much.
Yes! Sooyoung even said that Park HaSun is well-known because of her character in Pabo. Idk what will happen if Sooyoung got the role.. The fact that she's a performing arts and theater student in Chung-Ang University already indicates that she is learning acting from the best. The reason why people are skeptical against idols acting because idols tend to have busy schedules and couldn't prepare themselves properly for a certain role. For example, idols couldn't put on weight to fit their drama roles because they'll be dancing and singing in their idol schedules.. Sometimes, I do think perhaps Sooyoung might be a better actress if she didn't debut as a SNSD member.. but not the kind of actress that gets main leads.. maybe a very talented co-star.. It will perhaps going to take more than 7 years to get her into a main lead because of her "so-called-underrated' looks.
Yes~ OMG. I'll be the happiest if I got to act along with my favorite actor too. And it's a huge plus on Sooyoung side that KWS is playing her character's love partner~ hohohohohooooo~  Working with your all time favorite actor also means that she is getting a huge pressure/burden and perhaps that will improve her acting? Let's wait and see~~~
I didn't know Lee Junjae was offered a role in Speed. I only knew about Kim HyunJoong rejected the role and the drama went silent and after several months, I heard Sooyoung finally rejected the role because it could no longer fit her schedule.. Oh well.. I think it's fine because Sooyoung was acting in The Third Hospital along with Kim Seungwoo (who constantly praised Sooyoung for her acting).. which later landed her into another role in Cyrano.... and now.. this drama.
I went to dramabeans and koalaplayground a lot to check on their reviews. It's funny how the author was really against the Iron Man at first but now she/he seems so attached to it. lol. But so far, My Spring Days reviews from both sites are good.. Maybe they knew the drama will be doing fine so there isn't really anything to talk about.. :D

@jibjibjibHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG~!! The scene!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3HHNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG~~I think I might get paralyzed tonight. Thank you.. thank you so much~ 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ0a0S1aOJM

Kill me now.

EXCITED AND EXCITED AND EXCITED. SHE LOOKS GOOD. THEY LOOK GOOD TOGETHER. THE STORYLINE LOOKS GOOD TOO.
Gosh', I already like their bickering :) I really don't want to set my expectations too high in case it disappoints me later like Cyrano. So yeap', I just need it not to be boring and cheesy and I am all for a ride ;)

New stills~

cnidQgT.jpg

VQB3yaI.jpg

Also just wanna touch a little on the tving thing @asiiatdu82 mentioned. Tving ollehtv onplus etc etc is those online tv services. The reason why Discovery of Romance has really low ratings (5-6%) but does well on online services is example of the type of audience that are watching tv. Shows like DoR and It's okay its love are doing really good on online services and always high on search ranking and talked alot on message boards but it doesn't translate in ratings. The current mon/tues wed/thur number 1 shows are both sageuk dramas. These dramas are the type you can watch with your family and i guess a wider audience. Shows like DoR i guess cater to a much smaller audience maybe young adults or middle aged women younger audience who are not always at home at night so they watch these shows on their phone, on their computers etc etc. Someone posted something about My Lovely Girl being number 1 on search rankings after the preview was aired and My spring days not even trending top 10 and laughing. What i wanna say is the people that are searching on the internet/  taking interest and doing searches, commenting etc are those kind of people and it does not translate to ratings. For example, is your mum or dad or grandma gonna be bothered to search up a drama on their phone to read artcles and give comments? So just wanna say don't be discouraged by bad comments, or if it seems like this drama isn't receiving attention it doesn't mean anything. Let's wait till the first ep airs and see the results. My Spring Days Fighting! haha

Annddd i saw a post on the production cafe about the presscon and they use the word 'next week's press con'. So next week it is then haha~

@asiiatdu82 I have a feeling there's going to be a bit of cheesiness on this drama.. lol
@LavelyShai I was surprised~ I know SY and KWS will overcome the age gap by their acting.. but I wasn't expected them to look THAT good together~! OMG
@jibjibjib I agree about DoR and IOIL.. but about the sageuk dramas...idk.. recently, Gunman Joeson is on the last place for wed-thurs time slot. But they aren't that far.. I would say a tiny bit lower than It's Okay It's Love (stable at 10%). FTLY is on the first spot nowadays.. That's the reason why I hope the Spring Days to get all the viewers from this drama. There's also another reason why She's So Lovely is on the first search ranking - the fans. Fans are the one who will do all the research for their favorite idols and like you said, these fans are the ones on the internet and not the one who really contributing to the ratings. This is also the same reason why we get to see idols winning popularity awards when their drama is bad at ratings. I really like that the second trailer shows a bit more on Dongha's family side and the chemistry between him and Lee BomYi. These are the kind of trailers that would grab family audience attention to watch them.p/s: I heard Sooyoung is actually quite well-known to the public because of her appearance in hanbam. That's a good start for the first week 'battle' between Iron Man and My Spring Days. lol.
Oh! So it's true then that presscon will be held on Sept 4th~ Nice to know that~

@mylovegyoza No no Joseon Gunman is number 1. where did you see that JG was last? It's been number 1 for many weeks maintaining 11% ratings. Fated to Love You managed to inch above a couple of times but it's been number one for awhile now. It's okay its love has never been number 1. it was fighting for 2nd place with fated to love you when they first started but its been last these few weeks. Sageuk dramas tend to do well in ratings. example of recent ones are empress ki and jeong do jeon. But yes i agree about the part about fans bumping up search rankings. plus MLG has lots of idols.

ironman is not playing fair they Lee Dongwook topless scenes lol

Ahh i get my sources from nielsen i think it is more accurate even daum uses nielsen ratings. Joseon Gunman  If you click on 시청률 it shows the ratings also the current ratings of other rival shows example last night's episode JG and FTLY got 11.5% and IOIL got 9.7%

Ironman has Lee Misook we have Shim Hyejin keke.

Does LJH have the body to go topless tho? lol

Edit: Omg i keep pressing the comment button accidently when i still haven't finished typing. Anyways does anyone else feel like Jang Shinyoung isn't getting any love i mean there aren't any bts pic or vids of her. I'm really curious to see how shes gonna play Jiwon. I can only see glimpses of her in the bg or at the side in previews.

Ohhhh~!!!! Alright. I'm going to keep my eyes on that rating site. Thanks!
I thought LJH looks kind of buff during the script-reading. Isn't male actors tend to have much better body after joining the army? 
If LJH is not enough, SY is there to help....or not... LOL.tumblr_nb0w3nhQDU1r61yvqo1_500.gifcr: s-ooyoungs
*I think I sound really pervert right now..
I don't think it's Jang Shinyoung not getting much love, but probably because Yang Jinsung left the production after script reading. News about Jang Shinyoung joining the cast was somewhere at the end of July and we all know that The Spring Days filming started way earlier than that. I think they might need to do a lot of catch up scenes with JSY later and plus with the editing process and everything.. I'm hoping that we'll be able to see her somewhere in the next trailer.. LJH didn't appeared much either in these two trailers..so..

I mean you can see her in the LJH interview vid she was with LJH shooting the bar scene. And even in the 2nd preview the part where Bomi kicks Dongha you can see her standing by the hospital entrance lol. I mean i know she was casted late but they've been filming for over a month with her now. Is there not even 1 bts pic for her? She is 2nd lead after all and LJH has bts pics and an interview vid. I wanna see Myunghee too.

I liked that part the most i think Bomi is showing her surgery scar to that granny patient lol. I bet that granny is refusing to eat so she is trying to convince the granny to eat her hospital food.

I'm analysing that 2nd preview trying to map out some of the scenes cause i have nothing better to do haha.

-Bomi (wearing the checkered shirt) she goes to the market in the morning as seen from fantaken pics, then goes to the hospital to work and then that open shirt scene.

-Dongha in suit by the sea with flashback of him in hospital shouting at Dongwook to save his wife.

-Bomi in Udo Island she is here to look for her donor's family she asks Sujeong to tell her how she should live her life and then falls into the sea. Dongha and the kids watching at the side. Bomi meeting the kids at the ice cream shop could be somewhere before or after. In 1st preview Bomi/Dongha scenes could be around this time too.

-Bomi kicking Dongha calling him a fraud. lol this could be after her initial Jeju trip? So she assumes Dongha is some cattle farmer in Jeju only to meet him at Hyegil Hospital dressed really nicely and finds out he is some rich ceo guy?

-Bomi at the meat shop asking the meat guy to apologise, he "accidentally" (maybe on purpose haha) bumps Bomi causing her to fall and hurt her elbow.

-Bomi giving flowers to Dongha. She is wearing a one-piece hair in ponytail. Her left elbow is bandaged i assume from the fall at the meat mart. The production cafe says ending scene of ep 1 is Bomi picking flowers from Dongha's garden. Lol she picks flowers from his garden and gives it to him as a sign of apology?

-Bomi having dinner with Dongha, Pureun, Bada and Gildong. Bomi and Dongha get drunk and fall asleep by the rocks. Production cafe puts the getting drunk and falling asleep part at ep2.

Ahhh ive gone crazy already. must. stop. too. obsessed.

@jibjibjibWait a minute.. wait a minute... almost everything in the trailer is in the first episode~??!! (O_O)
Ahh.. I missed JSY in that scene. I thought she'll be appearing later or something. Oh well.. This is just the second teaser. I think they'll show more of her in the next trailer.. I really like that we are obsessed with this upcoming drama. lol. It feels more exciting rather than just sitting around waiting for the time to be aired. This thread needs more love.
p/s: Remember when we talked about SY's tone in the script reading clip? Is Sooyoung intonation in the second trailer is sounds fine to you? 

@LavelyShaihaha... that's because somewhere before jibjibjib mentioned about they were already filming episode 7.. so I thought those scenes could be taken from somewhere in a range of larger episodes like from 1 to 5?..idk... lolBut you're right. Most trailers are from episode 1 anyway.. I might be too excited..
Edit: @vitmup mirageknight has colored the fan-art~ hehe1zldmra.jpg

@mylovegyoza I think she really is a perfectionist when it comes to her MC and acting jobs (for good reasons, she kind of gave up on her singing lol). You can feel it when you read her interviews. If she says she is gonna do her best, she is doing it. I really loved when she mentioned that she doesn't feel any regrets when it comes to her acting because she wanted to make it right to her character and the production team. I like that mindset :)
I am feeling relieved somehow lol. I know I know, Knetz don't represent the whole Korean population but y'know, it's sad how they are being so mean to her. It makes me wonder if she happens to cry in a corner/be depressed for a moment when she reads those comments. I know her mother felt really really bad. Just imagine a bunch of people trashing/bashing your daughter online. It really must hurt.
I mentioned Shin Hyun Joon because he is a really successful entertainer in acting and MCing. I would love her to be like him, in a sense, that I want her to be as sucessful as him or at least, having the same path. She doesn't have to be super popular but just, being on people's mind when you think of a talented MC and actress. And y'know, SHJ really adores her so I take it as a good omen (?) :D
Yeah, I read that CAU has one of the best if not the best departement of acting in South Korea. It's really impressive the number of talented actors who studied there. And from what I read, Sooyoung is quite the good student. She attends as many lectures as she can/was praised by her professors for her reports. I like the fact she took a leave because she knew she was going to be busy with her individual activities but as soon as she finished all of them, she took classes again. Agh', my bias, haha.
Yeap', the power of ahjummas is quite unpredictable lol.
People laughed at the fact My Spring Days wasn't trending in the top 10 ? Why so mean ? Frankly, it was obvious because the cast is way older than MLG so I really don't mind if they aren't "trending" or "hyped". I think the cast and staff members are aware of it too so I don't think they feel that bad.
As for the trailer. I thought Sooyoung was good but I gotta admit I am a little bit worried when she is talking casually. Obviously, some cuts ain't going to make a whole representation of her acting and so, we would have to wait for the actual product but she that kind of voice where if she talks by herself, it can sound a little bit awkward.
But OH MY GOD, I am so freakin' relieved by the chemistry between the two of them. I don't feel the age difference at all. Well, a little bit but y'know what I mean. You put those two in the same room but you don't feel "Ah, they are father and daughter". They really seem like a couple :D And I already love their bickering. That little smile/smirk on his face when she kicked his leg. Cute and hot XD.

@asiiatdu82lol. I realized something yesterday while going through some comments about the drama.. knetz are on KWS's side while the inetz are on SY's side. It's hardly to find a subset of group that supports both like us. A lot of negative comments from knetz were written in a way that I believe haven't seen any of SY's works, they're just hating while the ones who wrote a good ones complementing SY's acting in Cyrano. Inetz were complaining about SY's partner an ajusshi (uncle, dad whatever) while the supporting ones know that ajusshi is KWS. I just can't even... that's how I gave up on twitter these days. It ruining my mood. lol.
I was joking about SHJ. They were together in a program twice isn't it? One is the MC film festival and another one is SBS Discovery of Trends? Yes, I'm going to take that as a good omen. SY actually has a wide range of connection in entertainment industry. Thanks to her work.
After Cyrano she made a 'public announcement' she'll be focusing on school to catch up on her studies. I remember wondering why does she need to tell us that until I realized how it will helps to automatically reduce her busy schedule for that semester. She might not be that popular among fans, but she sure is popular among the PDs and people working behind the camera.
Yes.. yes.. completely agree with you about the trailer. hehe.. I think thanks to the second trailer, I saw many comments saying they'll give the drama a try. 'All dramas in this time slot are about the guy losing his ex and got a new girl. The only difference is the age gap.' Idk how much I laughed at that comment. It's actually quite true. I hope they will show us the third trailer with LJH and JSY~ gosh..

Btw, DramaBeans finally made an article about this dramaSpring Days brings second chance at life and love

@mylovegyoza First 2 eps. Cause the ending scene for ep 1 is Bomi picking flowers at Dongha's garden. In the preview she hands the flower to Dongha. So we can assume ep 2 is when she hands them to him. And then the part where they're passed out drunk sleeping is from ep2 according to production cafe. So it goes like Bomi picking flowers end ep1. ep2 Bomi gives flowers to Dongha, Bomi is having dinner with Dongha and family. Bomi gets drunk and falls asleep on Dongha's shoulder as shown in the preview. Then morning comes we see both of them asleep on the rock. They're at Dongha's yard(?).

What i meant about the script is the writing team has already released scripts up to ep7. They were still filming scenes for ep 1 a few weeks ago. I think they're most probably filming up to ep 5-6.

I'm actually quite satisfied with Sooyoung in the preview. But the scenes in the script reading arent in the previews so i can't compare.  and i wanna see more of her interacting with others like Myunghee or Hyuksoo.

Yeah I heard she was diligently attending her classes but I bet Sooyoung is gonna take like 10 years to graduate from Chung Ang like Jang Nara haha.

So much hate mbc. Why u no release this video!! X(
dzJOTbi.jpg

Archived