[Drama 2014] The Spring Day of My Life/My Spring Day 내 생애 봄날

Admin

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also a LJH interview clip from the homepage the other day. Did anyone manage to watch it? It got taken down before i had time to get to it.

More character descriptions. Sorry in advance for my engrishh~

With her strong charisma, Myunghee runs Hyegil Hospital. She is willing to do whatever is needed for the growth of the hospital until Eunyul returns from studying abroad. She wants Dongwook to be her son in law so she interferes with Bomi and Dongha's relationship. But she worries for her sick daughter's unhappiness because she is a mother after all.

Song Byungkil is one of the hospital board of directors and Myunghee and Hyuksoo's classmate from uni. He recognizes Hyuksoo as a genius doctor and decides to invest in the hospital. Eventhough he is a dear friend he is still a businessman after all. He was scouted to be an architect for a hospital in Abu Dabhi where he will steal/scout the Hyegil Hospital staff for the new hospital in Abu Dabhi. (He's gonna be the bad guy i think and he's the guy that has a rumour with Jiwon)

Kang Pureun because she was adopted, she was always cautious around Dongha and Sujeong. Always feeling that they will kick her out or not want her anymore but Dongha and Sujeong loved Pureun for real. After the death of Sujeong, she has thoughts of one day if Dongha ever remarries she would quietly disappear and she would be fine with that.
Dongha's daughter. Lost her mother at age 7. Her goal in life is to take care of Dongha and Bada. Doesn't hesistate to nag on her father that refuses to shave. Tends to Bada's homework while her own studies are pushed aside. Although Pureun seems mature and kind, she is still a young girl going through puberty in need of a mothers hand. So when she meets Bomi by chance who is warm and so likeable she somehow feels guilty towards her mother.

Kang Bada basically a naughty kid watches tv plays games. When he meets Bomi he slowly changes for the better and develops a special bond with Bomi.

Sujeong is Dongha's wife. On her deathbed in an unconscious state she meets Bomi. Asks Bomi for a favour. To live confidently enjoy and be happy after receiving...

Na Hyunsoon Dongha's mother. She is saddened again by her two sons fighting over of a girl (1st being Sujeong and now Bomi). This time its even worse because the girl may die anytime so she fiercely opposes.

Choi Bokhee Sujeong's mother. After the death of her daughter, followed Donghas family to Seoul to take care of the grandchildren. She has hearing loss from being a haenyeo(pressure change from diving too much) so she has a loud voice. Lately she doesn't know how to take care of the kids, doesn't wanna learn, just wanna be by the sea. If one day Dongha remarries, she and Pureun will leave the family and live with money she has set aside.

Park Hyungwoo is the son of a chaebol, overseas graduate, brilliant mind. With really good specs he can work anywhere he wants. But he stays and works with Dongha out of loyalty. He is Pureun's tutor. He is like family. When he is with Dongha, people always think Hyungwoo is the CEO instead of Dongha.

@asiiatdu82 Cause you mentioned Secret Love Affair. I just wanna say that drama was the best drama everrrrr. The acting the music the directing the script everything was so perfect. It had really good ratings for a cable drama (even had higher ratings than full sun haha). If this drama can be half as good as SLA i will be satisfied.

EDIT: Looks like the homepage is officially open and the character description is longer now lol need to see what they changed. will edit this later lol.

http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/springday/index.html

Guest vitmup

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-weight: normal; text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden;"내 생애 봄날 Sooyoung Interview youtube

W Huang

Lee Joon Hyuk interview
http://vodmall.imbc.com/player/player2014/popupPlayer.html?broID=1003074100005100000&itemID=-99&isPopup=Y&isUIHidden=N&isBroadcast=Y

@jibjibjib Thank you so much for your awesome effort~~ (T.T) Your english is better than mine, btw. How can this thread survive without you~~? 
@vitmup Thanks~!!! Finally I got to see Lee Joon Hyuk's interview. OOOOooooohhhhh~~~~ he's hot. I guess he was filming with Jang Shinyoung in the scene..
BTW, MBC uploaded a video during script reading.. I'm sooooo excited~!!!

Script Reading Video

EXCIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITED ! You guys are the best ! I am so relieved to have people like you on this thread. So many infos, it's freakin' awesome !
Am I the only giggling around while watching the video ? I know acting is all about being in front of others but it must be huge pressure to be in the same room than those talented actors. Like for real. Plus, if you have controversies over your acting all through your career, other actors must all be thinking "gosh', no wonder he/she is so bad". Haha, I wonder how the likes of Han Ga In and Song Seung Hun feel lol. Well, they are earning big money so I guess they don't care which is kind of sad though but I am disgressing XD
I didn't watch Secret Love Affair because I have a hard time watching dramas which involve affairs because of my parents (LOL, sorry for the awkwardness) but I heard it was marvellous ! The music, cinematography, acting ... etc. Yoo Ah In even said that this drama was the turning point of his career and I am not sure if it's legit/accurate, makes him forget the slump after Fashion King ?
She is only 32 ? Born in 1982 ? She is so young. Well, still young. I thought she was born in the 70's and so, even if it's true that she could still play a 20 something's character, I thought that the age difference with Kam Woo Sung wouldn't be big. Like 7-8 years compared to the 20 years with Sooyoung but they do have 12 years of difference. So the scriptwriter didn't really have to change anything. But really, the age difference is more obvious with Sooyoung so I guess it's for the best ? If it was KWS and Son Ye Jin, I wouldn't be shocked by the relationship/age difference, whereas SY and KWS, it is, which as you say, is the purpose.
GOSH', I hope it does well. The cast and staff members look amazing !!! Well, I am pretty sure it's true for everyone else lol but still. Strike me with lighting when it's over but I can't help but be jealous with the other two dramas. So far, they get more hype than MSD, it's so saaad but let's fighting :D
P.S. What's up with that tving thing ? I read that Discovery of Romance is last on national TV but first online ? With over 30% ?

@jibjibjib thanks~! Yup. I'm currently downloading everything. lolI thought my eyes were lying at me when I saw Yang Jinsung in the clip. I guess something might came up that she decided to turn down the role. I like her role in the Bride of the Century. Oh well... hehe
@asiiatdu82 LOL~!!! I replayed all those 4 videos countless times today. I need to calm myself. 

140818 -  Arirang: Kam Woo sung& Soo young overcome their 20 year age gap
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"

Seriously, I hope SM is gonna be fair and promote the drama. I have never find any reasons to bash/hate on them despite facts and rumors but as a Sooyoungster, I would be seriously pissed if they promoted Krystal's drama and not Sooyoung especially because the two are going to air at the same time.
Anyway, it seems that next week, there are going to be a lot of activities to promote the drama, right ? Because it's airing on MBC, the cast would have to appear on shows like Section TV and other stuffs ? At least, for sure, Sooyoung will be the entertaining one :)

@asiiatdu82I'm actually on the opposite side. I really want SM to not interfere on Sooyoung's drama. I feel like if the drama has too many promotions/OSTs coming from SM, it somehow tells me that the drama isn't good and is seeking for SM's power to bring in audience to increase the ratings. Hehe.. (One OST from SNSD is fine, Sooyoung is a SNSD member after all)Plus, isn't SM seems to have some kind of rating curse? lol, jk.
Yes!!! I can't wait to see all the main casts on variety shows to talk about their filming funny experiences. lol. If it's going to be next week, I'm more than happy~

@mylovegyoza OMO, I didn't think about that ! I guess you are right about the fact that the drama could be viewed negatively if SM promoted it too much especially when it's a well-known fact they don't really have much luck when it comes to dramas lol. But y'know, I remember being kind of upset they barely promoted her previous drama, Cyrano Dating Agency, whereas they did so much for the other members and/or SM idols. More than that, y'know SM doesn't do much for her and yet, people accusing her of using SM's power when it comes to being casted for MC and acting jobs, pff.
Y'know, I have always thought that Sooyoung is the dark horse of SM idol actors and that, this September, she is going to show how good of an actress she is. I just feel it. This year is really going to be the start of her career. Well, kind of XD.
SM doesn't know or rather, doesn't want to appeal to korean viewers. They know their hallyu power is huge so it seems they are more focusing on overseas money with most of their production composed of idols. And so, it doesn't really appeal to older audience which is what makes most of the ratings, which is why their ratings suck lol. No really, I don't really know the SM curse. But y'know, it gotta be because of their reputation.Seriously, look at what they produced : Heading to the Ground and Paradise Ranch. But at least, they did improve with Prime Minister and I and Miss Korea. Sadly, bad reputation is bad reputation and so, not many people went to check those dramas.
It would be pretty cool if they guested on variety shows but in MBC, I don't really know which one they could guest to promote their drama. Radio Star ? Too risky for Sooyoung, I think but it could be a really good way to promote if they do it right. So yeap', sadly, I guess we are just going to have interviews like in Section TV. I hope someone is gonna sub it because if not, I am going to cut a richard simmons LOL. But really, I don't think I have ever seen Kam Woo Sung in a variety show. Gosh', it would be amazing if the drama aired on SBS instead. I wanted to see Sooyoung in Running Man XD.

I think Sooyoung should take acting as her main career from now on as she is such a brilliant actress and I think SM always ignores her. Hopefully she'll receive lots of recognition and praise with her new drama My Spring Days :)

@LavelyShai She meets the kids in Udo Island probably ep1 or 2? according to the script from production cafe ep 1 ending scene will be Bomi standing outside Dongha's house. So she'll find out her donor is from Jeju and goes to find the family in ep1.

I need MBC to release a longer preview with more Sooyoung cause I really can't tell how her acting is in that short 20sec one. I mean it looks good and eveything. And Sooyoung is like master of crying and KWS acting is so good from just that. But from the script reading vid i honestly think Sooyoung was a little awkward (even tho i think sooyoung is the best actress in the world she was really awkward heh). Shim Hyejin, Kwon Haehyo, KWS were so natural they were on an entirely different class. Man Shim Hyejin was so cool so cool. From the small bits of the script reading Bomi sounds like Minyoung from Cyrano lol. Maybe shes a little rusty haha.

Last night MBC aired the preview a couple of times and also at the end of Fated To Love You. Some of the response i saw were good. Most of them are anticipating KWS drama comeback and the drama reminded them of the PD's older works. The not so good comments are the usual Sooyoung comments lol. I really hope this drama does really really really good just to shut those haters. Seriously they keep saying this drama is gonna flop. flopdrama flopratings flopfeel flopactress flopsooyoung they use the word flop so much all i see is 망망망망망망망. :(

Seriously ? I thought it was the oppposite ! I was so relieved she wasnt bad nor awkward compared to the rest of this talented cast. But yeah, obviously, if you put her next to veteran actors like those three, she really looks like a rookie. I am pretty sure she will pick up right away. Working with such talented actors must be such a good motivation for her next :)

As delusional and blindly it can sound, I know she is going to be fantastic.

It's sad to think that she is getting double the hatred because she is an idol and because she is not beautiful by korean beauty standard. But as she said, she chose that path so she must overcome any slumps she will encounter.

I think we all do. Y know, it would be freakin awesome if the drama happens to be such a smashing hit because really, no one has any expectations for it, hahahah. I fear that even if she happens to show a good performance, they would still bash her for no reasons but yeah, it's celebrity life. I am actually jealous of idols like Yoona who gets a pass/praises most of the time because they are "so pretty" whereas others like Sooyoung must work really really hard to proove their worth/good person :'(

@asiiatdu82 Yes, that's what I thought. I mean, the Cyrano drama didn't have any plans of getting SNSD members singing an OST song if Sooyoung didn't request an OST in the first place. Even for the Third Hospital, the only thing I saw about SM helping in the promotion is her poster in SM building and that's it. The 'power of SM' doesn't really applied to Sooyoung aside from she's a member of SNSD. I did wonder what is the real definition of SM's power.. Of course they'll be helping their idols to go to acting auditions but unless the drama is produced by SM, I don't think SM has much power to decide the main lead of other drama's production..I heard a lot of veterans and actors complimenting on Sooyoung's acting. But I don't think she's in the level of superb talent in acting yet. However, by just solely comparing her acting skills with other idols, yes.. she's the best imo.
@Imhpsh Hehe.. I saw a lot of Sooyoungsters were worrying why she isn't in a drama yet for the past 6 months after Cyrano. lol.
@LavelyShai I read somewhere that Sooyoung's ambition was to become an actress. She failed an audition for a movie before SM offered her to debut as an idol. For a 7 years trainee, it's understandable she grabbed that opportunity. But the problem lies on the viewers.. the second class idols compared to trainee who debuted as an actor/actress is just too much. She's been criticized for being ugly and they closed their eyes despite the fact that she does has talent in acting. I always wondered what if she did got the role in the movie.. Will knetz said badly about her looks like they do now? Although I do want her to continue as an actress, I felt like she has more talent in MCing - a place where people do not comment her looks but rather just her witty personality and talent in speaking. 
@jibjibjib I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I mean, from a non-Korean speaker, I thought I shouldn't said anything about it because I don't understand the lines. But I did notice she has the same Gong Minyoung tone on almost all the lines. The other actors/actresses voices were a bit more relax than her. It's probably because of the way the script reading was editted.. idk.
I stop going to twitter for a while because there were rants about Sooyoung's drama. Just like you said, they keep saying flop flop flop. Some of them were 'screaming' because Sooyoung choose a very low rating drama as her acting comeback (wtf). These flops thingy.. i don't really think it comes from just haters.. some SYsters and SONEs don't think the drama will work just because they don't like the synopsis (my friend comments about younger generations are the ones on the internet and not the actual tv viewers keeps repeating in my head). Last night I went to 'She's So Lovely' news and the comments about Rain and Krystal's age gap seems to bring down the excitement. I laughed at the comments because SY and KWS have more age gap compared to them. However, there is a review from DramaBeans that caught my attention. The author was talking about how KWS never wrong on choosing a drama. That's where my faith for the success of this drama lies. 
I want to see more video teaser from Lee Bomi's point of view. I think I might be worried too much on Sooyoung's acting ability. I want her to slay and prove all those knetz haters that they are wrong. I want she to become the second Go Ara after Reply 1994.

Idk idk. maybe just my feeling. like she wasn't natural enough. it felt like i was watching her on hanbam or something  i dunno how to really explain. i know she can do really good especially the emotional scenes. she seriously is the best at emotional scenes i hope to see a lot of those. its her happy cutesy dorky girl acting that i find awkward sometimes. idk idk. i need to see more previews.

If the drama does good i can already see the comments going like Sooyoung is so lucky to be in this drama with all those great actors, sooyoung is like the last spoon on an already set table, blah blah blah. i feel so negative today. maybe im just meh. just iognore my ramblings lol.

"But I did notice she has the same Gong Minyoung tone on almost all the lines"Now that you mention it, I can kind of feel it ! Especially when you compare how natural the others were at delivering their lines. Like, they already became their characters. Gosh', I am feeling worried for so many things nowadays. It's not good at all for my health. But yeap', we can't do much about that. We will have to see the final product.
I feel like Sooyoung is gonna have a long career in the entertainment industry as a MC and actress. As I said so many times, I felt she is gonna be the younger and female version of Shin Hyun Joon who is still rocking as a MC and drama/movie actor.
I am really disappointed by the reaction. Of course, a good rated drama is really really good but I feel like most people complaing are being kind of shadow. Based on the storyline, it looks really interesting and the character of Sooyoung seems to be really challenging. A role with a lot of emotions. Plus, she is working with such a talented cast, what more can you ask as an actress ? Because I know she ain't ever going to be considered as a Goddess among korean actresses, I would rather her prove she is a talented one even if it means not being in the spotlight/underrated or whatever.
Ah, the role of Park Ha Sun in Pabo ? Yeah, she mentioned it in Strong Heart when she was trying to comfort Minhyuk. When you think that nowadays, PHS is critized for her bad acting, it's kind of ironic. I really don't know how her life would be if she was casted instead of her. Maybe she would have been a successful actress ? Maybe an underrated one ? Overall, being a SNSD member didn't hurt her at all. Well, it's true that it's only in recent years that she has being shining as an entertainer but y'know celebrity life, hahaha.
Gosh', how bored must we feel to talk about all those stuffs waiting for some news XD. At least, we don't have to wait that long for a drama to come out with its promotional stuffs. Imagine being a fan of some American TV shows. Like Walking Dead finished in April and I have to wait until October for the new season lol. THIS IS HELL.

@jibjibjib I feel you.. I apologize for also being a bit negative today. Anyway.. AKP news about My Spring Days finally came out~

Sooyoung shows her motherly side in a still from 'My Spring Day' + teaser video

Girls' Generation's Sooyoung warmed hearts with her motherly side in a still cut from her upcoming MBC Wed-Thurs drama 'My Spring Day'!
SONE already know Sooyoung gets along with children, and it looks like her love of kids has translated to the small screen. After Sooyoung's character Lee Bom Yi gets a heart transplant, she lives life to the fullest in place of her donor and meets Kang Dong Ha (Kam Woo Sung) and his two children in the scene above.
The drama's production company Dream E&M rep stated, "Sooyoung looked after the child actors first, so they wouldn't be awkward around her. She treated them like her own daughter and son, so a beautiful and important scene was able to come about."
The drama portrays the love story of a terminally ill patient who gets a heart transplant and ends up meeting the husband of the donor who passed away. Kam Woo Sung plays the role of Kang Dong Ha, who is a single dad who loses his wife due to an unfortunate accident and is left to raise two kids on his own. Sooyoung will play the role of Lee Bom Yi, who gets a chance at a new life.
'My Spring Day' is set to air following 'Fated To Love You' on September 10. Check out the teaser video below!

One comment caught my attention. So I went back to check on it and found this:ojgew0.jpg 
Wow... being able to act in a drama along with her favorite actor.. She's indeed a lucky girl~ lol

Archived