Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LavelyShai

[Drama 2014] The Spring Day of My Life/My Spring Day 내 생애 봄날

@asiiatdu82I think that's what so refreshing so far is that there is no class difference, it'll show other obstacles for our OTP which I love. Both are well off so money isn't an issue here, their problem will be age & the fact that she has his wife's heart. It's going to be interesting. 
Hmm maybe Bom Yi is closer to her father which could be why her style is more laid back and on the casual side rather than her being more fashionable by trying to dress her best. So while Bom Yi had zero ambitions prior to her heart surgery, maybe her mother took on Ji Won as the daughter she wished she had. Now that her daughter has another chance at life, she will choose to live it her own way & not by what her mother wants. She is a clinical dietitian so maybe her mom doesn't like her chosen profession.  

asiiatdu82 said: Because the first episode is airing in less than one month, I have to say something is bothering me so much since I first read it. In the description, it says that Ji Won is the favorite of Bo Mi's mother and that the latter is going to help her with Dong Ha. So I guess Bo Mi has a bad relationship with her mother ? 

@jibjibjibSo if Myung Hee favors Ji Won because of how well she does her job that can also transfer over into her treating her like her own child which can interfere with Bom Yi's relationship with Dong Ha. Since Ji Won likes Dong Ha, she can very well attempt to manipulate the situation in her favor, I'm hoping it won't be too out of the ordinary because melos can get a little crazy sometimes. Since you said they keep describing it as a human reality romance melodrama, let's hope they keep the human & reality part in there lol We don't need any psycho second leads :)

It's pretty cool to have those conversations/analysis while waiting for more news/pictures XD. I am quite thrilled/excited to see if we were right or wrong. KDramaland knows how to deceive viewers lol.But seriously, I should never trust what's written on articles. So many information which turn to be wrong or right, it's so damn confusing --'
Just how many episodes are we going to have ? 16 or 20 ? Either way, I am pretty sure it's going to be an hellish ride. There are going to be so many conflicts. I just hope it's not going to turn into super makjang stuffs where nothing makes sense anymore. But sadly, this is what brings ratings so yeap', I am prepared lol.
Gah, Fated To Love You seems to be doing well in the ratings. They managed to be number 1 this week so I really hope/wish the drama do well too. Nowadays, hitting 9-10% is considered good so let's be humble lol. But seriously, when are we going to have a drama surpassing 20% again ? Ever since Man From Another Star and Empress Ki, most primetime/weekday dramas fell into single digit ratings ... It's so sad.

Judging by the plot I'm guessing it's going to be 20 episodes unless they go the Secret route and only have 16, that would be unexpected. Sometimes 20 episodes allows the writer to stretch the story too much, but 16 can also have a rushed feeling so I hope the writer gets to express their original plot the way they want. With Bride of the Century, the writer didn't have to change anything and the whole story was left how he wanted. Then again that was on a cable network and MBC works much differently. As for ratings, I hope it can stay at 10% at least. If it falls to anything below 8-9% then we'll never hear the end of that 'SM curse' and how Sooyoung dragged the entire drama down. I really want to see good reviews on this, not just for the acting, but for the story. 
I also like how we can discuss and come up with our own theories while we're waiting for more information. This is fun :) 

It's confirmed for 20 eps. I feel very 50/50 about this. I've always preferred 16-18ep length for dramas. I've watched too many good dramas that had potential to be awesome dramas get ruined because it was too stretched out. (example is a star's lover!!!!!) I just hope the pace is good throughout. Looking at the pd's past works i've watched only one drama of his haha and i did enjoy that drama very much. the writer tho doesn't seem to have much only one drama in 2009 and a bunch of short drama specials. But people are saying her drama specials are good. As long as she doesn't write extremely cheesy lines (*cough*temptations writer*cough*) then it'll be fine.

Ratings nowadays are really bad lol. Look at mon/tues Temptation is hovering around 8-9% ratings. And they have choi jiwoo and kwon sangwoo! But the current mbc dramas are doing good nightwatchman is 1st, weekend drama jang bori is doing really good (20++% ratings they call this drama God Bori haha), and fated to love you is holding up fine for wed/thur. Hoping fated to love you's audience will transfer to this drama once it ends haha.

Also I read this one post on dc they were discussing about the next wed/thur lineup and one comment caught my eye. The person said the current/upcoming dramas are mostly rom coms and sageuk dramas and my spring days is the only melodrama and they're looking forward to it. Ironman doesn't count cause thats fantasy crazy melo. I'm getting sick of too much rom coms too haha i need a melodrama with a lot of angst and crying!

So far this year mainly melos or sageuks have had good ratings aside from anything on tvN in which most of their dramas do well. KBS usually rules in weekend dramas (MBC does well, but SBS needs some help with theirs lol) which can bring out the crazy plot wise. I can agree that many times 20 episodes proves to be too much for certain dramas, 18 episodes is perfect while 16 is also a gamble depending on the pacing of the drama. I really hope this writer doesn't stretch the story line too much just to fill out the 20 episode quota. Isn't this the same writer behind BoA & Daniel Choi's drama special "Looking Forward To Love (Expect Dating)"? If it is then that one was really good, but also worries me since the main leads never kissed and only "got together" in the credits. I'm hoping our leads have kisses (real ones at that, Sooyoung can do it) and they don't do some weird camera work to make it seem less real. 
If My Spring Days is the only melo in the upcoming drama lineup then maybe we have a chance since viewers love their melodramas. 

Nah it's not her. Park Jisook's last work was in 2012. Most of her works are action comedy crime police stuff. But this drama people keep mentioning when they ask why this writer was chosen cause she doesn't look like she's done much. I'm reading the synopsis now and it kinda has little similarities with this drama lol. Anddd looking at the cast Min Jiah (Dongha's wife!!) Haha the title of that drama is 제주도 푸른밤 Jejudo Pureun Bam. Dongha's daughter is named Pureun. The drama setting is in Jeju Island. wowowow haha i think i need to watch that drama now.

Oh okay, I read the synopsis and it does look like she took the idea of that special and made it into a full drama just made the one who was sick into the female lead. Maybe MBC liked it so much that they wanted to see what it could be as a longer series. I do have to say that drama specials are usually harder to find subbed which is why I don't watch many of them. I got lucky with Expect Dating with BoA lol 

No more new news ... It's so depressing lol.Anyway, with the first airing being soon (well, sooner than yesterday, duh !) I am super excited and anxious at the same time. I just want the drama to do welll, gaaaah.
@LavelyShai You got lucky with Expect Dating ? But it's a KBS Drama Special and KBS has tons of it or you watched it before they uploaded it on their channel ? Seriously, I didn't watch a lot but White Christmas is one of my favorite ever. Even the stupid ending didn't bother me that much.

@asiiatdu82I watched Expect Dating before KBS World uploaded it on their channel. Some site had it subbed and I downloaded it then I ended up reviewing it. I've been meaning to watch Mimi with Changmin & Moon Ga Young, but haven't gotten around to it. I also saw another one from last year with Lee Chun Hee, that was also a part of KBS Drama Special, but can't remember the title. It was really good. Sites don't usually sub drama specials so it's hard to find them especially because some stations don't sub their own dramas. KBS & MBC are like the only ones who do it. SBS doesn't and neither does tvN, OCN, or jTBC. 
No news still? I wish I could read Korean so I could troll Naver or something lol 

No news... still... I saw articles saying about they're shooting now in Jeju until 25th August? I've been waiting for picture updates.. and yet.. there's nothing new~ jibjibjib said:
Also I read this one post on dc they were discussing about the next wed/thur lineup and one comment caught my eye. The person said the current/upcoming dramas are mostly rom coms and sageuk dramas and my spring days is the only melodrama and they're looking forward to it. Ironman doesn't count cause thats fantasy crazy melo. I'm getting sick of too much rom coms too haha i need a melodrama with a lot of angst and crying!

@mylovegyoza Oh My Gosh', I hate you and yet I love you because you are giving me so much hope LOL.But yeap', it's true that viewers seem to looooooove melodramas or makjang filled stuffs but sometimes, it can be a miss like wasn't Full Sun/Beyond the Sun a melodrama about revenge ? It sucked so hard on the ratings. Gah, people say that ratings don't matter and aren't equal to quality and even if part of it is true, good ratings = good popularity = good recognition for the cast and staff members.
I am such a bad girl for wishing the drama to do well even if it means its rivals not to do well. From the look of it, My Loveable Girl is the favorite when it comes to international fans and nationally, it attracts attention because of the hallyu power. But it's also because it's idol filled that it can be a turned off for the older audience. And there is Rain's military scandal. Knetz hate him but viewers/general public may don't care. Then, you have Iron Man. That drama's storyline is just so WTF that I don't even know if people has any expectations for it lol. Seriously, the sypnosis is so confusing but Lee Dong Wook and Shin Se Kyung are well-known names so it may work. And finally, you have My Spring Days which has the oldest cast members compared to its rivals but also, the most talented. The storyline is quite interesting too so it may work (add a little bit of makjang stuffs and it's a go) But yeah', I think the main concern for the drama is Sooyoung. She only did lead roles in cable dramas so not a lot of people know her acting skills and she isn't a korean beauty by their standard so yeap' I think the first rating for the episode may be low but as you say, if the story is good, acting is good, it's going to increase by episodes.

There isn't much news so there's nothing to update. They must be busy filming haha. The script is up to ep7 now. And they have a week long filming schedule in Jeju. Article says Bomi found out her donor is a haenyeo from Udo Island so she goes to Jeju to find the donor's family to thank them.

Since we don't have much updates i'll post some stuff from the production cafe. Stuff they're gonna film in Jeju. Contains minor spoilers i guess~

Jeju Airport - this and that
FNN9tjz.jpg

Bomi riding on the bus - ep1 scene34
Df73S3L.jpg

Stone wall road - riding on cultivator and Dongha's truck ep1 scene56
eFO1UtE.jpg

Flashback Dongha returning from the boat ep2 scene3
Pb7yoWo.jpg

Bomi after getting off from Udo Island harbour starts walking, Dongha throwing out soju he found ep1 scene36
E1hV7mr.jpg

Icecream shop - ep1 scene37
5VHA66L.jpg

Beside Dongha's house - first time going in, grilling meat, doing laundry etc
WWH5L2w.jpg

Bomi wearing a one-piece picking flowers - ep 1 ending scene
WrwoRmX.jpg

Dongha's house - drinking alcohol and sleeping together, getting off the helicopter etc ep2 scene 26
EDu7Y0x.jpg

Flashback Sujeong slicing shells(?) bumpy ride on a truck
WRB3WIZ.jpg

Bomi falling into the sea
nqO7uxT.jpg

Flashback Sujeong's accident
MIGgsy2.jpg

Bomi after getting off the boat - bus terminal
2gEeI5a.jpg

Fun fact the production company for Full Sun is the same for this drama hehe hoping wishing praying this drama won't flop as bad as that~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's the same as Full Sun ? GAH, and here go my hope lol. Earlier, I took Full Sun as an example of melodrama having very low ratings but it was just out of an extreme case. Oh gosh', I feel like I jinxed it XD.Seriously, the production company must cross their fingers really hard because recovering from a disaster like Full Sun's ratings. How did they do that anyway ? Aren't they bankrupt or did they just save lots of money from previous successful projects ? I remember reading an article where because of the "flop" of Age of Feelings, some company which provided extras for dramas, had to close because the production won't pay them. Gosh', the industry is so harsh.
Thanks a lot for the pictures though. How do you do that ? You are freakin' awesome for finding so much information O.O

Erk, same production as Full Sun? Ahh~!! Dream E&M!!! 
@jibjibjib Thanks for the photos~ Wow.. You even wrote it in details on which settings for which scenes... Those are all Jeju right? Beautiful indeed..

@asiiatdu82Oh well.. let's cross fingers for this drama will turned out to be a miracle then~ (suddenly I lost all the hopes that my friend gave me yesterday).. But now that I think about it, my friend was only predicting that My Spring Day will top because she was comparing it with the national tv's rival slot drama. I've checked on the Full Sun rating history. It turns out that the drama was aired during Empress Ki. Didn't that drama took almost all viewers? The Full Sun was aired after Prime Minister and I with the same rating as them, therefore it is predictable that the same viewers who watched PMAI were those who stayed with KBS for the next drama... So.. there's indeed still hope for My Spring Day to do well (Fated to Love You is doing well.. My Spring Day might be able to maintain these audience on the same channel)..

Dream E&M also did Wang's Family that weekend drama had monster ratings more than 40% lol.

Empress Ki was a ratings monster, nothing could beat it. I heard Full Sun wasn't all that bad, but the fact that it was up against Ha Ji Won wasn't the greatest plan, but KBS hasn't been doing so well in the ratings department lately minus weekend dramas like Wang's Family (which was a mess by episode 40. The writer was doing so good). I have somewhat high hopes since MBC has been doing somewhat well with their dramas and maybe the production company saw what went wrong with Full Sun and aren't looking to repeat that. This one could start off low and could raise at time goes by, Secret did bad at first but it ended up being a highly rated drama. My worry is Sooyoung, some are already writing her off, but since many drama fans are ahjummas then it may do well. Let's just hope the writer doesn't mess things up mid way. 
Based on the awesome pictures posted by @jibjibjib, wil Bom Yi already have her surgery when the show starts or will we get some kind of opening type of scene then go back to before her surgery?

@LavelyShai I was about to ask the same thing lol..
@asiiatdu82 My Love from the Star was the rating monster on Wed-Thurs drama while Empress Ki on Mon-Tues. I guess with superb cast line and plot, the highest rating they could get these days is around 20%-ish on weekday dramas and leave the rest two dramas with below than 10%. I don't have any expectation for My Spring Day to do that well, but at least I was hoping for it not to have a single digit ratings. That's all I hope for. (And yes, it will be better if it could beat the other two dramas. lol <-- oh wait, I'm supporting Krystal and Yoogeun as well. I feel bad now.)Yeah, let's not focus too much on the ratings. I got hyped up after having conversation with my friend two days ago.. lol