[Drama 2014] CSTV Greatest Marriage -최고의 결혼

irilight

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow it's been ages since I've been on this tread and some time away from the forums in general. That ending was unstatisfying for me as it didn't say or show us as it were what happened to CKY, JEC & PTY, like who ended with who. Did MY and TY get a divorce and she jetted to Canada. Did CY & EC get engaged? I think I saw wedding bands on their fingers but I could losing it :P I for one, most definitly don't want them together as he was a complete DB & Richard Simmons to her and Cha dan and If she did forgive him and got together with her baby daddy, then this episode ruined the whole series for me. But I have to wait for the subs to come out to see if Im wrong or stand corrected.

Guest kngdrama

Finale: HA HA HA. 
The solution for single mothers is unorthodox, get two men (for the price of one, because both of them are weird and immature). 

Guest kngdrama

EC: the final rose falls out of his mouth, eliminated! TY: jealous of Dan who prefers the fake father, always jealousMY: one phone call and she has a heart transplant, the quickest redemption in 1.5 minutesKY's bestie: a circle of frenemies with shared STDsTY's family's TV preference: sageuk with 80 plus episodes

Maybe the writer wrapped this richard simmons up the way as a F U towards the producers who made her change the drama into something other than what she planned, you could see there may have been a lot of compromise to even let so much social commentary air. I believe that she wanted /GY to end up with no one, but was pressured to have an ending with an couple.  So her rebellion? let GY and Unnie both end with two men, MY has a major change of heart after a 2 min phone call with a parent that didn't give a richard simmons how she lived for the past decade or so, and TY Noona gets knocked up by a much younger man ('cause how can he steal your power if he has none). 
I don't even need subs for this, and you don't need spoilers, watch the first 5 mins then skipped to the middle 10 and forget the rest.

shae said: Maybe the writer wrapped this richard simmons up the way as a F U towards the producers who made her change the drama into something other than what she planned, you could see there may have been a lot of compromise to even let so much social commentary air. I believe that she wanted /GY to end up with no one, but was pressured to have an ending with an couple.  So her rebellion? let GY and Unnie both end with two men, MY has a major change of heart after a 2 min phone call with a parent that didn't give a richard simmons how she lived for the past decade or so, and TY Noona gets knocked up by a much younger man ('cause how can he steal your power if he has none). 
I don't even need subs for this, and you don't need spoilers, watch the first 5 mins then skipped to the middle 10 and forget the rest.

shae

said: Maybe the writer wrapped this shit up the way as a F U towards the producers who made her change the drama into something other than what she planned, you could see there may have been a lot of compromise to even let so much social commentary air. I believe that she wanted /GY to end up with no one, but was pressured to have an ending with an couple.  

<sigh> I was hoping the show would redeem itself in the end, and I would be able to pick up the drama from where I quit watching it (ep 2). From what I've read here, it sounds like it would be a waste of time. Maybe I'll watch it later using my FF button...

Anyway guys, thanks for your comments and insights. Hopefully the next drama they make about a single mom will be a little bit less makjang. Happy New Year to everyone! :)

I surprised myself by giving this 5/10 at mydramalist.com! In the end I decided that its good intentions, the serious subject matter, and its solid start were enough for me to double the score I had in mind to give it. Despite that surprising generosity, however, the way I feel about it actually ending is stll best summed up in this truly immortal clip

why  is it  called  the  greatest  marriage?!  the  ending  is so  blah..!  let's jsut  hope  that  korean  laws  moves  with  their  rapid  industrialization  and  their  high  tech  products.  can't  believe  laws  are so  biased  in  favor  of  the  father  in  custody  rights(to  think  that  the  current  president  is  a  woman(albeit a  single  woman).this  is  the  first drama  i  took  notice  of  no  min  woo, he  looks a  bit  effeminate  but he  can  act.  the  sister  in  law look  at  herself  as  a  feminist  and  yet  she  is  one  with  her  parents  in  ignoring the  feelings  and  mistreating of  her  sister  in  law.  she  doesn't  see  that  her  sister  in  law  is a  woman  and  also  a  victim  of  her  own  family.  i  love  pedro's  candor  and  honesty  in stating his  reason  for  wanting  to  marry  the  pseudo  fmeinist  sister  in  law.

alas it began so well and plummeted right down the loo. I guess it was punching too hard and the had to back up a bit, well a lot. Like others I'm glad it's over such a shame really. The ending felt like they where saying f it we've committed to 16 eps jus hash something together as long as it's fills da air time. Felt like forget the social commentary lets stick our head back in the sand as none of this is really happening.  Such a shame.... Oh well at least it wasn't as bad as My Secret Hotel...urgh  time I can't get back.

I just finished watching the last episode. I enjoyed watching  from start to finished. It was funny, heartwarming and very informative.

I like Park Si Yeon so much.  She sooo pretty in every episode. i.e. whether she  laugh, smile cry. ..still she is pleasant to watch. No wonder No min Woo was crazy in love with her.

Bae Soo-Bin was cruel and annoying at first and later became pleasant.

I like the story of  No Min Woo"s old maid sister and her very young boyfriend. Gosh  so hilarious.

I  also like  the story regarding  Park Si Yeon's colleague and friend who was married to a doctor.

No Min-Woo was very good...acting wise. I just love the part where he admitted to  Park Si Yeon that he loves her and he is willing to give everything to her..... I also love the part when Park Si Yeon admitted that she also loves him but it was too late and how she regret what happened between them.

The story is romantic comedy and yet drama is heavy and content about marriage entails serious consequence.

I love the drama as a whole and how it was portrayed by the lead actors/actresses as well as the supporting actors and actresses.

The story was well written and it seems to me that patriarchal society with all its flaws can be overruled by an intelligent superior woman.

Guest liyirna

Really crazy story. Plight of single mother ended with swedish family. Well, I don't care anymore, open ending is perfect in this situation.
And I simply don't get - why you all think this is makjang?
In my country where children stay with mother by default (and men are infamous for evading alimony payments) there were well publicized stories how famous footballer sent mother of his three children (they were not married mind you) to mental hospital and blamed her for drug abuse. In another story brother-in-law of capital's mayor locked children away from their mother (famous producer) and she was forced to jump over fence to see them. Almost any divorce among higher-ups is followed by custodial wars, kidnappings and abuse of power. I really doubt that any country in the world is not like that.
At my old job pregnant women (no matter married or single) were asked to resign and then were re-hired after giving birth for reason I still can't understand.
Cha Ki Young really had it easy: she was relatively financially secure, kept her job, became homeless only in the end, had some support, didn't recieve death/rape threats, wasn't beaten up and so on.
TGM in fact is f*cking fairytale!
And if you doubt how mothers could treat another mother so - clitorecomy is mostly done by mothers to daughters,
Don't underestimate patriarchy - it can turn abused against abused easily.

I came back here to check if I should pick this up again (honestly I really forgot what ep I stopped watching) but I guess I wont waste my time anymore since it didnt redeemed itself. too bad, this kind of plot had a great potential but bc of its theme which may not be acceptable by Korean viewers, it turned into a wreckage (at least for most people in soompi).

TO THOSE WHO MADE IT THROUGH W/O FFS, YOU DESERVE A VIRTUAL HUG LOLJK :))

gaby81

said: Wow it's been ages since I've been on this tread and some time away from the forums in general. That ending was unstatisfying for me as it didn't say or show us as it were what happened to CKY, JEC

:P

I for one, most definitly don't want them together as he was a complete DB

• 3 weeks later...

Park Si-Yeon's first starring role after her legal problems. 
Park Si-Yeon first caught my eye after Coffee House (2010).I enjoyed that show a lot and was impressed by her comedic sense. She followed that role with  The Innocent Man (2012) as the second female lead. That show was Moon Chae-Won's show. Sadly I have not found another show of her that I enjoyed much.She had not done much comedy since or before Coffee House (2010). The closest I got to a decent show of hers was A Man's Story (2009) starring the late Park Yong HaPark Si-Yeon was more of a noir dame or a  femme fatal in that show. She was decent and the show was okay initially but went off the rails with the Sociopath plot line.
I dropped the Greatest Marriage  after 2 episodes. It seems to be a rise after a fall type of story for Park Si-Yeon's character after she gives birth out of wedlock. The show was too crazy and over the top! If I think about it, I have not enjoyed any of the shows produced by TV Chosun.This cable network seems to make really really SOAPY shows like Bride of the Century  (2014). Greatest Marriage (2014) was same for me. It may be a decent show but I could not get over the hurdle of the hyper melodrama-ness of this show.

• 2 months later...

I miss this dramaalthough it ended long a go (for me)despite it gets a lot of criticism (probably from young girls that listen kpop and think they know everything) because they thought it's another cheap and ordinary melodrama they watch every weekbut they mistake... and didn't understand at all the flow beneath all this "drama"for me it wasn't melodrama it was a sequences of modern believe fighting in conservative worldand the leading actress was a pioneer that made a change in spite of all the prejudicei don't mind about the ending, it didn't matterthat was one of the best, insightful and wonderful drama that's make you think and take a glimpse of the conservative old korean peopleit was very emotionaland from a woman's perspective the leading actress was very derring and powerful everyone of the cast especially Bae Soo Bin were amazinghe is just amazing actor...one of the talented Sk actorshe has playing the most variety of characters and you believe him everytimei wish there was more drama like this one i'm happy to see that he is playing also in the drama called "My Heart is Twinkling"it's not the same but it's good for action and he doing a fabulous job there

Archived