[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Seo In Guk Compares His Drama Character from ‘Reply 1997’ and ‘High Schooler King of Life’
Coming back with another drama, Seo In Guk brought up his characters, ‘Yoon Yoon Jae’ from Reply 1997 and ‘Lee Min Suk’ High Schooler King of Life.

Seo In Guk attended press conference for tvN’s upcoming drama High Schooler King of Life on June 11 in Imperial Hotel located in Gangnam-gu and said, “I feel grateful for the character of ‘Yoon Yoon Jae’ fromReply 1997.”

He said, “Yoon Yoon Jae from Reply 1997 is a brusque character and has his heart set on only one woman. He acts cold to people around him but he was studious and was close to being an unreal character. But ‘Min Suk’ from High Schooler King of Life is far from being studious. If there is a common trait between the two, maybe it’s their uniforms”

68053002.jpg

He continued, “Of course, Min Suk has his ingenious traits in certain areas. But his personality and the people around him are different, so you can expect a huge difference between Min Suk and Yoon Jae. I will try to show acting that is as natural and real as possible.”

Meanwhile, High Schooler King of Life is set to air on June 16.

Photo credit: Newsen
Mwave

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Seo In Guk Wants to Wear Uniforms for As Long As He Can
Returning with another drama, Seo In Guk expressed his satisfaction in taking yet another high schooler role.

Seo In Guk attended press conference for tvN’s upcoming drama High Schooler King of Life on June 11 in Imperial Hotel in Gangnam-gu and said, “Uniforms actually don’t suit my age.”

Having acted as a high school student in Reply 1997 too, Seo In Guk shared, “My senior actors told me that they regret not having taken roles that suited their age. I think it is a great blessing to take on the roles that you can only act out at certain age. I would like to wear uniforms for as long as I can. I thought this could be my last time wearing uniforms when I was filming, but I’d like to wear them for as long as Eun Ji Won sunbaenim has,” causing a round of laughter.

68061002.jpg

High Schooler King of Life, written by Yang Hee Seung and Jo Sung Hee, who also wrote the sitcom High Kick series, is a comical office drama about Lee Min Suk, a high school hockey player, who takes on his older brother’s position as a director at a large company.

The first episode is set to air on June 16.

Photo credit: enews
Mwave

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Soo Hyuk is Happy for His Model Friends′ Success in Acting
Concerning his model-turned-actor friends′ success, Lee Soo Hyuk revealed that he′s happy. 

On June 11, Lee Soo Hyuk attended the press conference for tvN′s High Schooler King of Life at the Imperial Hotel in Gangnam. 

He shared, "Kim Young Kwang and I read some of the replies. They said that there are two submarines carrying nuclear bombs in the modeling world, and that was me and Young Kwang."

68066002.jpg

"We carry nukes, but are always submerged. A lot of people say, ′You′re rivals. Don′t you feel a sense of competition?′ but it′s actually fun for us," said Lee Soo Hyuk. "We share about our casting offers and help each other find the acting points. There′s a lot to learn from Kim Woo Bin and Sung Jun, and we′re all doing well. We help each other. We have a good relationship." 

"Each of us are different, so the order of when we receive the scripts are also different. Sometimes scripts that went to Kim Woo Bin come my way, and sometimes scripts I had go to Kim Woo Bin. It′s fun seeing things like that," said Lee Soo Hyuk. 

"For us, we′re just happy to be receiving attention. So since I′m carrying nukes, I′ll continue to work hard." 

High Schooler King of Life is about a teenager who lives a double life as a student and a high positioned office worker. The drama was written by Yang Hee SEung and Cho Sung Hee, who have created hit sitcoms such as Soon Poon Gynecology, Three Men, Three Women, and the High Kick series. 

Lee Soo Hyuk plays Yoo Jin Woo, the hidden son of a CEO. He will be rivaling Min Suk (Seo In Guk) in love and work.

The first episode will air on June 16. 

Photo Credit: Hea Jung Min
Mwave

High School King Long PreviewAdorkable, Addictive, Awesome and Cracktastic!  I feel that tvN may have on their hands a brand new and refreshing kind of a romcom just like with Answer Me 1997! The directing style and cinematography combined with the music create the perfect backdrop for the story and the actors seem to be on a roll and having the time of their life. Seo In Guk is absolutely amazing in the role, Lee Hana too, and the chemistry between them is already palpable, even the second male lead exceeded my expectations for him. I can't wait! With Joseon Gunman this show will make the perfect combination of drama/sageuk/tears and romcom/laughter for the summer.http://youtu.be/RnWg04xZ8Ww
Slightly longer version

I love the long preview. The teasers and previews for this drama are really good. Now I just hope the actual drama will be as good and fun as the teasers. I can already feel the chemistry and the relationship between the characters from that preview, especially the relationship between the heroine and the two male leads. In the first few minutes, the heroine looks like she's so in love with the second male lead but towards the end of the preview, it's the hero and the heroine who's getting close~

Thanks for the long preview! ^^~ Lee soohyuk has a really nice and deep voice and he is really good-looking :x anyways,Lee soohyuk's character intro in that preview says 완벽 스펙의 치명적 서자 which i think means A Deadly 서자 With Perfect Specs.. and google translate 서자 to bastard.. so is he a bastard in this drama? 

@briseis Thanks a ot for the pics and the videos with the long trailer...after watching it i must say this one will rock for sure,totally loved the vibe and characters...and the heroine is such a mess...Lee Soo Hyuk character is nothing new but i'm sure it will be fun once he will colide with the hero with has his arogant side as well...The heroine seems indeed totally swept by the second man lead and even knows his true personality and he as well doesn't feel the need to hide his least nice side,i think they were in the same collage...i see the other stuff likes him and think he is all nice and smile while in clossed door he is the stricted boss,i like that she already knows his side and he let's her see his side yet she likes him even so...feels a bit more true thinking he likes him with good and bad...But oh boy,the girl sure is a mess for real,why so all over the place...and our hero poor guy,it's good he is a sportman because with al the running he is still alive,such a hard and busy life he will have...also i see there is someone who also knows his secret,i guess it was some of his bro good men who he trusted and now they will try to cover for our hero...can't even imagine if the hero will start liking the heroine and the reunion with the little sister,it will be a hurricane that day...at least we will have a balance because both guys have one hell of character,both are like 2 lionsand so funny when Min Suk(our hero) finds a dead drunk Soo Yeon(heroine) and calls Jin Woo(2ed main) to pick her up being her one sided crush and even telling him that jaja and listening before that to her coversation/blabbering to Jin Woo about pheromones(i think she tells him that's why she likes him because of them,not her fault jajja)in the voicemail yet i see that Jin Woo already rejected her once and told her he wishes she will settle her feelings so i'm curious if he will be intrested in her after all this time,we see she even now after all that time(highschool period) still likes him and tells him,she sure doesn't let go easily i must say,poor dude...both sisters are sooooooo stalking when liking a guy,so dangerous when both will like Min Suk..more than sure this show will have a time skip with our hero finishing highschoolEven so i feel a bit sad for Min Suk because i'm afraid he will ruin his life in the process while living his bro's life....hope the couch won't take him out of the teamcan't wait for this one because it will be so much fun and the cast looks very good togetheri also hope Seo In Guk will sing for the OST

class="title_sec" style="text-align: center; font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Seo In-guk back in summer rom-com

‘Reply 1997’ star out to win fans over again

“Superstar K” winner Seo In-guk has come a long way from when he first won audiences over in 2009, emerging from relative obscurity to instant fame. 

Instead of letting the bloom fade from that initial success, Seo went on to cement his status as a bona fide actor in both television dramas and films, starring in tvN’s hit series “Reply 1997,” three years after he won the first season of Mnet’s music competition. 

Seo then followed it up with roles as a bodyguard in SBS’ “Master’s Sun” and as a talented swimmer in the upbeat film “No Breathing.” 

After releasing a single titled “BOMTANABA” last month, Seo is ready to take yet another lead in the upcoming office comedy “High School King of Savvy.” 
20140611001158_0.jpg
Stars of tvN’s “High School King of Savvy” actress Lee Ha-na (left) and singer-actor Seo In-guk attend the drama’s press conference at the Imperial Palace Hotel in Seoul on Wednesday. (Park Hae-mook/The Korea Herald)

Of his latest work, Seo said at the drama’s press conference in Seoul on Wednesday, “I am honored to be starring in a drama that has so many fun episodes.” 

Seo went on to describe “High School King of Savvy” as a “laugh-inducing series” with a “love story.” 

Judging from the highlight reel that ran at the press event, “High School King of Savvy” promises to be a largely comic, lighthearted rom-com, ideal for viewers looking for some not-too-serious entertainment. 

It was that element of fun that drew Seo to “High School King of Savvy,” he revealed, adding that “I felt that if I missed out on playing this utterly charming character, I would regret it.” 

“There was no reason not to play this role,” he said, describing his character as “multifaceted.” 

In the upcoming series, the 26-year old star will be doing double duty as a high school hockey player who has to fill in for his absent, much older brother at the office. 

As Seo’s teen hero Lee Min-suk struggles with life in the workplace, an unexpected romance promises to blossom between Lee and coworker Jung Soo-young, who will be played by “Triple” actress Lee Ha-na. 

Of the decision to cast Seo as the lead, director Yoo Je-won stated that his previous work as a security guard in “Master’s Sun” and as a high school student in “Reply 1997” played an influential part in the decision to bring Seo on board as a high school student masquerading as an office worker.

Seo, however, asserted that there is little in common between his “Reply 1997” hero and his role in “High School King of Savvy.” 

“This is a very different character,” Seo said, explaining how his previous character was a studious, quiet student, while his latest character is not into studying in the least. “So I think audiences can look forward to it.”

“High School King of Savvy” starts airing June 16 on Mondays and Tuesdays at 11 p.m. on tvN with Seo In-guk, Lee Ha-na, Lee Soo-hyuk and Lee Yul-eum starring in the upcoming series. 

By Jean Oh (oh_jean@heraldcorp.com) | june 12 2014

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Seo In Guk Dishes on Going Against “Reply 1997″ Co-Star Jung Eunji and Being a Hockey Player for “High School Kinimage.jpeg

Star of the upcoming tvN drama “High School King,” Seo In Guk, shared his thoughts on feeling pressure during the press conference that was held on June 11.

“Honestly, I do feel a lot of pressure,” he started. “It was to the point where I questioned if I was the right person for such a highly anticipated drama. The responsibility is very heavy so I am working even harder,” he revealed.

Seo In Guk, who played a swimmer in the film, “No Breathing,” will go for another athlete role as a hockey player in “High School King.” The actor shared, “Ice hockey takes a lot of energy. Even professionals can’t play for the entire game. Even if you warm up for five minutes, even your underwear gets drenched.”

He continued, “But it’s still really fun. I think I’m getting better because I’m having fun. It’s so awesome that the actors are even thinking about making an ice hockey group even after the drama ends.”

Seo In Guk also mentioned that he really liked the “team play” aspect of the drama. “It feels like we’re doing something together so I really like that,” he added.

He also revealed that professional stuntmen were needed to give the scenes are more realistic feel. But he said that he tried his best to minimize those scenes and said, “My muscles were so shocked that the pain lasted a week but I felt really proud of myself after that struggle.”

Finally, the star talked about going against his past “Reply 1997” co-star Jung Eunji, who is starring in the KBS drama “Trot Lovers,” which also airs on Mondays and Tuesdays.

Seo In Guk commented, “I didn’t know the dramas were playing on the same times. But after I heard she was cast, I congratulated her and told her, ‘fighting!’ We are both cheering each other on.”

credit jnmk Soompi | june 11 2014

[spot] Press Release for Seo In-guk’s New Drama ‘High School King’
37.jpg

On June 11th, the press release for tvN’s new drama ‘High School King (also known as ‘King Of High School Life Conduct’ and ‘The King of High School Manners’) at Imperial Palace Hotel in Nonhyeon-dong, Gangnam District, Seoul. The event was held with the participation of Seo In-guk, Lee Ha-na, Lee Soo-hyuk and Lee Yeol-eum. ‘High School King’ is a romantic comedy drama about a high school student who joins a big company as an executive member.

Producer Yoo Je-won said about the genre, “It has all comical and action elements and includes events happening in an office. But if I add one more genre, it is also realistic as the drama only depicts characters and events that are likely to exist in reality.”

27.jpg

Seo In-guk and Lee Ha-na said, “We will attract viewers with our comic scenes.”

Seo In-guk plays a double role in the new TV series. He plays ‘Lee Min-suk’ a 2nd grader ice hockey player at Pungjin High School and a 28 year old office worker ‘Lee Hyung-suk’. The 18 year old Lee Min-suk will join the company for him and engage in interesting events.

Seo In-guk said, “It is hard to play a double role. So the writer keeps telling me she is sorry for that. But I feel very proud and good after shooting.”

Seo In-guk showed a lot of potentials as an actor in tvN’s ‘Reply 1997’. He said, “It was lucky for me to play the character. But Min-suk in the new drama is far from being intelligent. There is not a single scene where he studies,” making everyone laugh.

17.jpg

The main actors for the new comic action drama, Lee Soo-hyuk, Lee Ha-na, Seo In-guk and Lee Yeol-eum

When he was asked how long he would wear a uniform acting he said, “I thought a uniform would not suit me well. But I think the directors like me wearing a uniform. I think I am lucky as an actor that I can act a character about my age.”

About having to play an ice hockey player he said, “I thought swimming was really hard when shooting ‘No Breathing’, but playing ice hockey was much harder. I had to show the right posture and stand properly. As it was my first time to wear skates my feet hurt so much. I could not train much but I feel relieved that I look good,” explaining about the hardships he went through.

57.jpg

Lee Ha-na makes a comeback with the new drama after a while

Making a comeback after 5 years, Lee Ha-na said, “I have been asked to be on dramas but I never thought that I would regret if I had not accepted the roles. But as soon as I got the script of this new drama, I thought I should play the role. That was why I immediately decided to take the role.”

Lee Ha-na said, “When I met the director in the edit suite, he abruptly said “I miss Seo In-guk”. He had not seen him only for 2 days as he was in Japan. But I understand him. Seo In-guk is a very attractive and manly man,” giving compliments to him.

47.jpg

Lee Soo-hyuk said, he will show my everything.

Lee Soo-hyuk plays Yoo Jin-woo, a directing manager at a big company and a workaholic who has everything. Jung Soo-young (Lee Ha-na) secretly loves him.

He said, “I am happy to play a new role, not a ghost or a murderer again,” attracting much attention. He also said, “I will show natural sides of me and I am excited about it. My character is like me in some respects.”

Seo In-guk said, “If the TV ratings exceed 5%, I will hold an event where people can buy the belongings of the actors. I would even steal them or ask them to give them to me. I promise I will make it happen.”

The 1st episode of ‘High School King’ will be aired at 11 pm on June 16th.

getitk

Archived