[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

High School King of Savvy fakes it till he makes itby girlfridayKingofSavvy17.jpg

I love the teasers for this show. I know other tvN dramas have taken to doing these totally nonsensical dance teasers, but the ones for High School King of Savvy are so adorable. Leads Seo In-gook and Lee Hana do this awesomely dorky jig that cracks me up. I hope the show is this goofy, though maybe that’s a given when your drama is about an eighteen-year-old who leads a double life as his office executive brother and a high school hockey star?

Seo In-gook plays both brothers, who are nine years apart in age but remarkably alike in appearance. Hyung is the cold, logical, successful one, and Little Bro is the competitive hothead who’s more jock than brains. Their parents died when Hyung was eighteen, and when he had the chance to go study abroad, Hyung left Little Bro all alone. What he doesn’t know is that Hyung has spent his life devoted to getting revenge for the people who drove his father to suicide, causing Mom’s subsequent death from shock.

Full article: Dramabeans

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seo In Guk hones his ice hockey skills on the set of 'High School King'
Seo-In-Guk_1402016172_af_org.jpg

Seo In Guk can sing, act, and also play ice hockey as shown in behind-cuts from his upcoming tvN Mon-Tues drama 'High School King'!
He tweeted on the 5th, "#SeoInGuk #HighSchoolKing behind-cuts from the set unveiled! Get a first look at fast-like-the-wind ice hockey attacker Lee Min Suk!", and "In Guk sshi's sign of survival! Please look forward to the premiere of #HighSchoolKing on June 16 :D #SeoInGuk."
Although it must be hard to play ruthlessly on the ice while wearing his heavy uniform and safety gear, Seo In Guk impressed fans with his strength and athleticism and even assured fans that he's okay with a peace sign.
As mentioned previously, Seo In Guk plays the lead role of Lee Min Suk who lives a double life as a high school student and company director at just 18 years of age. 'High School King' is set to premiere following 'Witch's Romance' on June 16 at 11 PM KST!
Seo-In-Guk_1402016273_20140605_SeoInGuk_

allkpop

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Actor Seo In Guk Perfects Hockey Skills for “High School King”
seoingukguk.jpg

Actor Seo In Guk hit the ice rink again to practice his hockey skills for his upcoming drama!

The following photos were shared on Seo In Guk’s official Twitter account! In the photos, Seo In Guk is dressed from head-to-toe in hockey gear while fiercely guarding the puck as he skates across the ice. Seo In Guk’s dedication to his craft as an actor continues to impress fans, who are highly anticipating his performance in the new drama, “High School King.” 

“High School King” is a story about an immature high school student who suddenly works for a big company. Each episode will show comedic office situations and is currently set to air after “A Witch’s Romance.”

The first episode is scheduled to air on June 16 at 11PM. 

Soompi

Seo In Guk Faces New Challenges In "High School King"
seo-in-guk.jpg?w=600

Keeping your high school grades up is tough enough and if you play after school sports a student's schedule can get pretty crowded. But what happens if that student also has to run your father's company?
If any actor knows what it's like to play a character facing near-impossible odds, it's singer-turned-actor Seo In Guk.
In the upcoming drama "High School King," Seo plays Lee Min Suk, a naïve 18-year-old high school student and ice hockey star who must take over his older brother's job running the family IT company.
And if running a company is not tough enough for his character he also has to deal with some grown-up romance while running the company. While working there he meets Jung Soo Young, a temporary employee played by Lee Ha Na.
If Seo In Guk had to take on those kinds of challenges in real life, he could probably master them. Born into a poor family, he wanted to become a singer when he was only 10, and despite repeated rejections went on to win the Superstar K competition.
"I dreamed of being a singer since childhood," he said in an interview with Life.
In the last few years he has also made great strides in his acting career. He played the second lead in "The Master's Sun" with So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin and starred in the swimming film "No Breathing" with Lee Jong Suk.
Playing the part of a gifted swimmer also took some preparation.
"It was definitely a challenge, because the character I played is very different from me and I had to work hard to get in shape for the swimming scenes," Seo told the Chosun Ilbo.
In "his upcoming drama, High School King," his character has to learn how to run a major company but to prepare for the part the actor learned how to play ice hockey. Seo took professional ice hockey lessons for two months, practicing with the Kwangwoon University hockey team and star hockey player Ahn Geun Young.
According to the drama's production staff, Seo In Guk is naturally athletic and likes sports but wearing a heavy ice hockey uniform during the extended filming was exhausting. However, the staff reported that he remained energetic throughout.
 "I want to be an actor who fulfills the role assigned to me," said Seo. "If the character requires me to put on weight and look ugly, I will do the background work in order to immerse myself in that role."
Whatever it takes, the actor says he is up to the challenge.
"High School King" also stars Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Yeol Eum and Lee Tae Hwan. It follows "Witch's Romance" on June 16.
kdramastars

I hope we get to see the real Hyung, too (not the fake Hyung when the Dongsaeng pretending to be him). Because I didn't expect a backstory about revenge at all. I want to see the cold Hyung watching in the back (with a smirk will be better) while his Dongsaeng masquerading as him, or, when the Dongsaeng knows what the real purpose of him to leads a double life. Maybe we can see a conflict between the Hyung and the Dongsaeng when it happens. I think it will be fun seeing two totally different Seo Inguks standing face to face, confronting each other and everything will get angsty :>

popscreen7 said: I hope we get to see the real Hyung, too (not the fake Hyung when the Dongsaeng pretending to be him). Because I didn't expect a backstory about revenge at all. I want to see the cold Hyung watching in the back (with a smirk will be better) while his Dongsaeng masquerading as him, or, when the Dongsaeng knows what the real purpose of him to leads a double life. Maybe we can see a conflict between the Hyung and the Dongsaeng when it happens. I think it will be fun seeing two totally different Seo Inguks standing face to face, confronting each other and everything will get angsty :>

@popscreen 7 i'm dissapointed with the epi 1 preview. some of the scenes are the same with the teaser. i want moreeeeeee another scenes hehehe

yes yes!! i'm a heartrider <3 <3 i first saw him in love rain. and when i watched him in answer me 1997 i love him. hihihi. unfortunately his thread here isn't as active as other thread

:(

High School King press conference will be on June 11th at 2PM KST

source: http://seoingukie.tumblr.com/post/88277904877/high-school-king-press-conference-will-be-on-june

Archived