[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

Annyeong! Okay, I've been lurking around for a few weeks already just to get updates on this drama but I just gotta let this off my chest... 
THIS IS THE BEST KDRAMA I'VE EVER WATCHED! THE PLOT IS ABSOLUTELY DAEBAK! Initially, I was still under the Emergency Couple's drought spell and when I saw that the next drama was gonna be High School King Of Savvy, I was like what kind of drama is this? A much older woman and a much younger man... absolutely not my cuppa tea! So I just brushed it off. The funny thing was that my hubby was watching it while we were waiting for our dinner at a gathering. And after sneaking a view, I thought "Hmm this guy (SIG) is pretty cute. I wonder who he is!". Well, that was basically my first encounter with SIG! I totally got hooked right after I saw LHN's dorky act! Totally HILARIOUS and OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! And I thought I would never even bother myself with such older-woman-younger-man-plot. This is what I call my IDEAL KDRAMA! It's not cliche, it's not boring, it's full of goodies! Both leading characters are very natural and they blend into each other so well that I'm even hoping that their chemistry is still ongoing off-screen! LOL! This Kdrama is indeed a huge stepping stone to both SIG & LHN. I hope to see them in another Kdrama where they become the lead again.

Btw, thank you very kamsa to all of u for the extra goodies! 
:)>-

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A great finale! It was the best ending of a K-drama I've ever watched! I had asked for more kisses and my wish was granted! I loved the way the drama kept mixing reality with fantasy. In the last episode, when SY's coworkers were trying to convince her not to marry MS, it was funny to watch those scenes SY imagined, it felt real but also funny; then SY's reaction that she wanted to say that her proposal had been a mistake, a normal reaction! The contrast: the viewer was later surprised by MS's proposal with this huge pop corn bag as substitute for a ring! Some viewer had problems with SY-MS as a couple because of the age gap, but the writer and director did great by showing situations that felt real and were kept simple! The separation lasted only one episode, quarrels were easily solved (they listen to each other) and no real noble idiocy which I can't stand. For example, I have loved Fated to love you so far, but when I read the live recap of the last episode, I decided not to watch it until the next episode is aired! Big noble idiocy move that I couldn't understand. In MS's case, it wasn't noble idiocy move, his decision was based on the fact he had realised what the age gap meant and he could never support SY as average man would do: no money, no college aso... MS would rely on SY for a long time and become a burden to her! He realised it when they were seating at the restaurant with SY's friend with her boyfriend. The questions were painful for MS: his income, his college degree,...

@Briseis thanks a lot for your insightful comments and analysis!!!

I could only write a comment today because we had here a huge storm and no internet connection for a while... Besides, I am on vacation: each day on the beach!

It  

Guest MonicaB

My fave performance by Ha Na.... the tiny giggle at the end is so adorable! She giggled like this in the drama, and I thought it was part of her "character" but it's really her haha.. so cute!!

edit:
just watched more of her vids... and I'm now a fan girl haha! I don't understand what is said in this other vid, but it seemed like she made an impromptu melody with some nonsense lyrics thrown in haha  http://youtu.be/halEFMqW4Vo

It is interesting to read about hockey in South Korea, the backdrop of the drama series High School King of Savvy. The 2018 Winter Olympics will be in Pyeongchang, South Korea. Right now, there are about 2100 in South Korea's hockey talent pool. Korea University's squad is rank 23rd in the world right now and they might not be able to land an automatic bid to the Olympics even though they are from the host nation. The International hockey body wants them to be ranked 18th or above before it would invite them. They don't want too many blow-out losses. Presently, they are attending hockey camp in my hometown near Los Angeles, California, USA, and playing against lesser professional players and enjoyed every minute. The selected Korean hockey players really love the game, according to the local newspapers and they ate plenty of hamburgers (American food). They idolize the professional hockey players from North America.

Guest LadyAra

class="at_ttl"Adding Up The Year's Best Noona Romances

High School King of Manners

With the latest noona romance, "High School King of Manners," ending this week it may be time to review the best noona romances of the year.

"High School King of Manners" quickly became one of our favorites because of the sweet relationship between the quirky characters. Despite the age difference they were so well suited to each other. Lee Ha Na's character would never have fallen for Seo In Guk's 10-year-younger character if she had known he was a high school student. When they first met, he was pretending to be his older brother and acting as the director of a corporation. She was his office junior and later his secretary. But they were so well matched. Despite acting like a high school student even when in the office, he quickly became soul mates with the sweet, somewhat immature secretary she played. [more]

Guest fabiolanoir

Kdrama.com has been uploading subbed videos of KOHS since it aired, does anyone know if they're subbing the special?  They uploaded every ep of KOHS subbed the day of and the special which aired Tuesday isn't uploaded at all.  It would be disappointing if they don't sub the special when this drama is so loved.  I noticed other dramas that have specials aren't uploaded on their site either.

Sigh this HSK... I still can't forget. Although I'm still trying to shift myself to other kdrama... it's still not up to my satisfaction! SIG did extremely good in challenging himself to act very hyper-actively as MS. IMO, MS is the best male character I've ever come upon. Cute, funny, not boring, energetic and at the same time very manly! His kisses are WHOA! Hahaha okay! I'd better get a grip of myself! As for LHN, she nailed the goofiness of SY's character. I can't imagine others taking her place next to MS. PD-nim sure is jjang in choosing his actors! Most importantly, both SIG & LHN had good chemistry that the kiss scenes were all pretty steamy (aigoo, SIG is such a good kisser! I'm sure LHN enjoyed him!)... Okay, I'll admit it. I'm in denial. I do not want to admit that I still have this childish hope of mine that my SIG+LHN ship will sail smoothly, ah-but-then... REALITY is cruel at times. Hehe that's all from me. Please forgive me for this short rant of mine. And thank you all for making this thread a great place for all HSK shippers!

Archived