[Drama 2014] High School King / King of High School Life 고교처세왕

StaRix

In Guk performed at the Superstar K All Star Concert tonight.... and he was the FINALE!!! Introduced as the superstar of SSK! Just shows how hot he is in Korea atm!!!Anyway, tonight he performed 'Finding Myself' as the first songFor the song, the stage was set up like MS' office at Comfo and before he came onto the stage, they also introduced it as the Comfo companyWhile he sang, they played clips of KOHS in the bg
Not very good quality photos at the momentbut to get a taste14926896135_acd5c81cec_o.jpg
14739953529_e41e100f06_o.jpg
14926265742_98d2175f84_o.jpg
14739953829_550f2465ce_o.jpg
Photos are from DC
Some fancams which have come onto instagram so farhttp://videos-e-14.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xfa1/10613378_653061451476574_1790735815_n.mp4
http://videos-e-11.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10618989_680754672007931_1580734826_n.mp4

Here's the audio file for In Guk's whole performancehttps://app.box.com/s/iopx8sb5d33nffxptv8g
(when better fancams become available i'll come and post)

Today his look was so MS but he talked and acted like Seo In Guk (haha i think i almost expect him to talk like MS)14926141642_6649c6c514_o.jpg
14926502785_c33495c03b_o.jpg
14926730455_bd3737373b_o.jpg
14740115858_2e5cc051cd_o.jpg
14926730745_a556d2f005_o.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fancam of SIG performing "Finding Myself" at the Superstar K All Star Concert - I have so many feels seeing and hearing him performing that song live and with his MS hairstyle - it's like he is serenading to SY - SIG is really one of those Kpop singers who can sing well live and deliver a string performance :x

Here's a close up version of Finding Myself 

from here originallyhttp://seoinguk.hompee.com:8080/bbs/bbs/view.act?menuId=152387&topMenuId=5&menuType=1&newMenuAt=true&bbsNo=119390

you can see the other 2 songs too if interested!

EEEE. I've just finished the last episode but I'm too late for discussion :(It was a perfectly sweet ending! I love the details! Anyone noticed the My Sassy Girl reference during the Team Leader Kim and SY scene? The song 'I believe' ofcourse, and the scene itself kinda resembles the restaurant scene in My Sassy Girl. It was hilarious!! AND, the scene where SY's mom discovered MS in the school, the scene mirrored the last scene in episode 14, where SY discovered MS is a high schooler. HAH. (I'm still sad that the sad melody wasn't included in the OST X() Awww, can't believe there won't be HSK next week anymore. Monday & Tuesday is going to feel a little empty for awhile. 
BTW the last song was a cover of Fluttering Heart right? Was it really covered by Lee Hana? I was surprised that she didn't participate in the OST because she always do.. 
I'll wait patiently for the special sub in the meantime. :D

Anyway, just a fun fact I found out about Lee Hana.
Untitled_zps83676ee0.png
This was from one of her performance recently. Look at her hair - exactly like SY. She also recently appeared in Erlend Oye's 'Garota' MV. She really has the makings of a great indie artist. 
Check out her performance!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMVS7_3t2u4

"I thought about it. What you said is true. I think you’re right. I might be better off in Germany. I might have a better chance there. I might regret it after getting married to you. However, no matter what problems I might face, I want to be with you. Whether that’s the right answer or not, I want to go with you to the end.” - MS

Guest MonicaB

I just keep watching the skating scene. It's soooo darn romantic! It actually brought tears to my eyes haha! I am SO going to miss their moments. And this is what I hate about shipping a couple so hard - I don't want it to end!

Can they please please PLEASE date for real?  I don't even care if it's shortlived, as long as they do haha! They are awesome together.

I just realized I also hate this drama... coz it ruined all other dramas for me! Waa! I need to find another one to watch but I just can't get over the perfection of HSK. I don't think I can find another drama like this. It set the bar too high for me huhu

3 years later…

After a long time, finally a kdrama that does time jump right! What can a rabid shipper want more than seeing her beloved OTP after 3 years waking up in each other’s arms, wearing couple pyjamas and cuddling, next to their smiley puck, wedding picture and their cute moss garden consisting of the big “bro(ccoli)” and countless baby moss! Please, tell me it is a foreshadowing and they’ve been growing them for their children! Not only their nightwear, even thei day clothes are color-coordinated!!! What a treat for my heart to see them still going strong, still so loving and affectionate with each other. Awww, that adorable goodbye kiss!

tumblr_na7lyhzEoU1s8t96qo1_500.png

What I like about this time jump is that they managed to believably show both the natural progress of SY&MS’s relationship and the development of their respective characters. It’s clear that each of them matured in his/her own way and I think I think that they both benefited from those 3 years together and made each other better. MS is as exuberant and bursting with energy as as ever but now he has the skills to back it, and I so happy to see him capitalize on those qualities and use them in his work. I was truly in awe of his PPT in episode 3 and it’s great from the writers to make him actually continue in it when he is so talented in inspiring and attracting people’s attention with his abilities and charisma. I love how elaborated his PPT  - he uses every part of his body, including his clothes. On the other hand, SY seems to have blossomed under MS’s constant care and affection. She no longer wears those huge glasses behind which she used to hide, she no longer slouches and she gained some healthy self-confidence.

tumblr_na7lyhzEoU1s8t96qo6_r1_500.png

Frankly, I think that HSK delivered one huge and very much needed slap in the face to all kdramas particularly the ones involving an age difference between the OTP. Time jump as means to separate the OTP is a trope that kdrama writers have been using for years with such regularity that it has become an inseparable part or even a neccessity. They treat is as their ultimate weapon - their own personal deux at machina which will solve all the makjang problems they wrote/caused. So it often happens that we have a couple that has spend 2-3 months together building their relationship getting to know each other and loving each other but then suddenly we are supposed to believe that after 3 years of not seeing each other not even for Christmas or calling each other, their love is stronger than ever and they are finally ready and free to marry. In the most cases it’s only an act of desperation they use when they don’t know how to properly end the story or they don’t how to develop it so they rather let “things happen” off screen. In the end, we have a drama we have wached for 2 months noting every change and plot twist and suddely there are 3 years and we have no idea what happened save the fact that every got a new haircut and one of the leads spend years in the US doing god knows what but certainly not improving his English. They make it appear like those years are nothing but a mere blink for us however that’s a damn long time to wait for you one true love. HSK has realistically managed to prove that even in Kdramaland you don’t need three years or 10 000 miles to seperate you from your lover before you can get your happily ever after.

tumblr_na7lyhzEoU1s8t96qo10_r1_500.pngtumblr_na7lyhzEoU1s8t96qo4_r1_500.png

Guest dramacf

I kept re-watching the finale! It's really one of the best heartwarming and satisfying finales ever in kdramaland!!! I'm so gonna miss HSK and will definitely find it hard to imagine Mondays and Tuesdays without it. How can it be over?!! I want to know more of the life JSY & LMS have...that glimpse in the finale wasn't enough for me...maybe HSK should have like a 1 or 2 hour drama special looking into the lives of married JSY-LMS and of course drool-worthy JW with Lee Chung Ah...
Btw, saw this BTS fanvid..now, I can't get the song Lucky out of my mind...

It ended with their last kiss… symbolically on the same stairway and under the same street light they had kissed for the first time

tumblr_na7n8toK7D1s8t96qo5_500.png

With HSK I’ve experienced something that happened to me only 1-2 times - a perfect and thoroughly satisfying kdrama finaleWhat can I say more about this incredible and awesome show which has been so perfect and cractastic from the very first second until the very last and even delivered such great, special episode. It is no suprise that HSK has become together with Flower Boy Ramyun Shop (I bet that’s why we got that Lee Chung Ah’s cameo appearance as JW’s potential love interest since only FBRS was this successful in this time slot) tvN’s most successful drama in the late Mon&Tue 23:00 timeslot when most of its target audience (women from 15-35) is already asleep because they have to go to work or to school. There are tvN’s show that recieved higher ratings like Reply 1994, Emergency Couple or even Marriage Not Dating, however, those have all aired in the Fri&Sat 20:40 viewer-friendly timeslot.

tumblr_na7n8toK7D1s8t96qo6_500.png

"I’m crazy about you, Jung Soo Young. I’m dying here. Every day, every morning I fall for you whenever I see you. Again and again. Popcorn Unni. My Pop. Ally. My wife. My wifey. Darling. Thank you so much for marrying me." - MS

Archived