[Drama 2014] Yoona's Street 유나의 거리 (jTBC)

Bayu Pratama

Guest LadyAra

"Yuna's Street" Kim Ok-bin and Lee Hee-joon get married?

photo520213.jpg

With one more episode to go, "Yuna's Street" hinted Kim Ok-bin and Lee Hee-joon's marriage.

On the forty-ninth episode of the JTBC drama "Yuna's Street", Kim Chang-man (Lee Hee-joon) hinted his interest in marrying Kang Yuna (Kim Ok-bin).

The preview of the final episode showed Kim Chang-man saying, "I'm willing to do my best for the woman I'm going to marry. I can be loyal and obedient to my wife".

Yuna said, "Don't say that. Those who say that end up beating their wives. It's only going to be a while until I can walk these streets again". She planned on moving into her stepfather Chairman Kim's (Han Gap-soo) home.

Kim Chang-man had also decided to leave with her and said, "I see a way now".

Previously, Kim Chang-man promised Chairman Kim to make a social company made up of 90% criminals. Yuna also promised to join this project and it seemed like they were going to get married at last.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... [more]

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this show! Took me a while to start watching the first episode, but after that I had a YNS marathon. :D i love the slice of life format where they cook and eat and hang wet clothes, makes it feel like it's real life. And even if Yoo Na and Chang Man rarely touch each other, when they do I get so excited hahaha. <3 I'm so happy for them.
I will miss this drama too. I hope there will be another drama like this. Or maybe you guys can recommend? Something that feels like real life and not too makjang.
I'm also waiting patiently for the subs although I must admit, when subs stopped at 36, I just jumped to the latest raw episode 42~. =)) 

@dishie

To be honest there is hard to find good long drama. I personally recomanded Ugly Alert, Cheer up Mr. Kim, Yellow boots and Noble woman. First 3 has available english sub and unfortunatly there is no sub for Noble woman. These 4 worth to watch. I know i almost watched every long drama in the past 2 years.

Done watching the last episode. Huhu no more Yoo Na. :(( I wish they showed YN and CM wedding and married life. Hehehe.
Question..

What was that bromance at the noraebang between Chang Man and Min Gyu? Hahahaha I about fell off my chair watching that.
After Yoo Na goes to live with her mom, where will Chang Man live? With Yoo Na? Or he will stay at the boarding house?

@dexter8010
thanks for the recs! I kinda like Cheer up Mr. Kim based on the drama summary so I will watch that next.
Edit: oops WJH is in this drama. Currently hating her character in Birth of a Beauty so I'm hesitant to start now. :3

@dishe

Yes CM move together with YN to Chairman house. Earlier YN's mom ask them about marying and CM was insisted about wedding while YN was not to fond that idea.
Last scene of the drama was when he want propose YN but he couldnt find the rings. YN said that he didnt do it and see someone runaway. They realize CM was robbed and both of them running after the robber. So this was the funny ending when we saw YN is running after the rings. :D

It was an excellent long drama - slow pace, lots of thoughtful dialogues of daily lives, touching moments, some issues got resolved fast, some took longer or realistically left unresolved as in life. Lovely soundtracks. The Yoona/Changmin couple may not show much physical closeness but still,I find them so adorable together. 

It took me a few days to work up the courage to watch the last 2 ep but I finally got around to it and I have to say my hunch about the way things would turn out was a pretty good one. I'm not going to lie, I didn't love the ending, it was a good one but not good enough if we're looking at the way the story was up until the last 4-5 ep. It felt kind of like they knew how to wrap things up for everyone but they just ran out of time and decided to give us a happy ending even if they had to compromise with the writing (and they did).
 But despite all the things that could have been done better I think we can all agree YNS is a rare kind of series in dramaland and I have to take the time to acknowledge the quality of this drama. From the superior acting to the awesome directing and the solid (for the most part) writing, this series has shown us how well things can go when you don't have the pressure of the ratings on you and you just let real actors do their job.
 I could go on about what the drama did wrong or right but I'm thinking I'll better wait for the subs to catch up and we can all have a proper discussion about this awesome series.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LadyAra

class="content-title"“Yoona’s Street” Stars Kim Ok Bin and Lee Hee Joon Become a Real-Life Couple

“Yoona’s Street” Stars Kim Ok Bin and Lee Hee Joon Become a Real-Life Couple

Representatives for actors Kim Ok Bin and Lee Hee Joon have confirmed that the stars have become a real-life couple. The two actors appeared  in the JTBC drama “Yoona’s Street.”

Media outlet Ilgan Sports carried a quote from representatives for the stars, who said, “They are currently dating, and have been together for about a month.” Reps have also stated that two  are currently vacation in Europe together.

Meanwhile, eDaily quoted an unnamed source who said, “They are both straightforward people. They do not try to hide when they are around the cast and crew. They are both honest and do not like to take center stage. They both quietly concentrate on their own emotions.”

Kim Ok Bin has recently spoken of her on-screen harmony with Lee Hee Joon, saying, “Although I am very direct and active, I find that Lee Hee Joon is a very logical person, and I admire that aspect of his personality.”

The actress had also previously admitted that she is currently involved in a relationship, saying, “I am seeing someone at the moment, even though nobody knows about it.” [soompi]

View image on Twitter

• 1 month later...

I'm finally done with Yu Na, Chang Man and the rest of the gang. It's been a fun ride and I've enjoyed almost every part of it. To think, I would've almost missed this purely because I normally avoid anything over 25 episodes but with this show I think it was largely worth persevering through.
As it turns out 50 was probably both too long and too short for was covered and what could've been covered. I certainly could have done without the schmaltzy ending between Mi Seon and Gye Pal, or the rehashing of conflict between Da Yeong and Yu Na over Chang Man among other things but I would have liked to have seen the chairman put into action his social enterprise project and the results from that. That I think, would have been a fascinating look at the tension that was only dealt with on a cursory level in this show.But in the end this was a kdrama... it felt obliged to revert to those familiar tropes so that our characters could have their "happily ever after".Despite its flaws, I thought this was a gem and one of the truly delightful things all year.
The thing that made this one really special was that underlying irony that ran right through it. Using humour through irony in order to strip its characters bare... their prejudices and other cherished beliefs... worked for me and helped me connect better with the larger-than-life elements of the show.
One thing that did disturb me was the way laundry was hung up in that show. I was also surprised that Manbo didn't provide a coin-operated dryer as well.
On a personal note, if there's someone I'd love to meet from the show it would be Chang Man. Not just because of his charming simplicity but I think we could yak about books all day long. I'm somewhat envious that he got to work at a second-hand bookshop, a dream that I used to have when I was younger and less encumbered by responsibilities. :D Anyway, it would be fascinating... for me only probably. ;)
I once met a second-hand bookshop owner who was wonderfully knowledgeable about the Greek classics. He even managed to convince me to get a copy T.E. Lawrence's translation of The Odyssey. I was so impressed, have never forgotten him but he was probably an exception rather than the rule.

It was my first non sageuk drama of 50 episodes that I watched but I don`t regret it at all. It was a good drama and I` ve enjoyed it. My favorite character was Chang-man and of course Yoona. I am glad that Kim Ok Bin and Lee Hee Joon became a couple in real life. Congratulation! I feel like they are perfect for each other. Really nice, down to earth people, both talented. I hope their relationship last and they will start a family.

I leave Yoona`s Street with this moment in my mind...

I have one regret. Yoona did not sing in this drama after all.

Guest chajoowon

stuartjmz said: To paraphrase and pun on T.S. Eliot, "Thus the Yoonaverse ends, not with a bang, but a whimper" For me, this was a "so close" story with a sad twist in the tail. Eighty percent outstanding, the last twenty percent mehdiocre. So much to love about it that I'm not going to carp, but it could have gone down in history. Eottoke?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow. If any of you old Yoona fans come back here, just wanted to say sorry for taking off for 4 months (due to work).  Those looking for subtitles for the episodes, they are there at darksmurfsub.com (the only site that worked on it).  Look under "cable drama" in the pull down menu and then pick "all drama".  You can view the drama also, if you become a member at the site and start helping a bit on any subs editing etc.

The last 14 of the 50 episodes's subtitles at DSS were not fully QC'ed, as I took off for 4 months, but they had been translated and are good enough to watch raws with.  Some of the lines need tweaking, and timing adjustment etc. I just got back and started working on the final edits of those subs which I will do over the next many week.  So, any of you feeling nostalgic about YNS, please watch the last 1/3rd of the series once more with slightly better done subs once more when you get time!

What an unbelievable drama it was.

And, so nice to see that YuNa and ChangMan are now dating in real life.  So the chemistry we saw on screen was not made up by the actors, as we know now!  It is just not easy to avoid this kind of "falling in love" when you put your hearts into the characters for so long while filming a long drama.  Best of luck in life for those two. Feel good stuff all around. It will take a long time for me to find another drama of this quality, I am sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived