[Drama 2014] Yoona's Street 유나의 거리 (jTBC)

Bayu Pratama

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah... This drama is really the best. There are things that I dislike or even hated in dramas and now I see it in Yoona's Street. However, the way they deal with it is just so beautifully done that it changes my thoughts towards it. I've always posted and tweeted about how good the actors in this drama, especially Kim Okvin but wow, Lee Hee Joon seriously got me in episode 44. I'm very sad knowing this drama is ending soon. I feel like I will compare it to every drama that will come out from now on. Yoona's Street just became the new drama to beat in my drama-lover heart.
Still sad how not a lot of international audience are watching this. I've been reading comments in naver and almost all the comments are praises, saying that this is the only drama they've been watching and if it's not in a cable channel, it would've already reached 30%.
Super thank you to darksmurfsub for picking this drama and subbing it. I will forever be grateful.

The ending of E44 was so sad.  Really sad.  The way this drama captures the ebbs and flows of human emotions is so realistic.

[For those who will only watch it later, don't worry, nobody died.  Nothing to worry about either, but it was just sad, and nicely done]

Can't believe that only 6 episodes and 3 more weeks remain....

earthna30 said: Still sad how not a lot of international audience are watching this. I've been reading comments in naver and almost all the comments are praises, saying that this is the only drama they've been watching and if it's not in a cable channel, it would've already reached 30%.

Hannahmiriam said: Hi, guys, I was wondering if someone could confirm something for me. In the beginning of episode 42, 

After the kiss, did Changman say "Thank you for the pizza [and milk] and... the other thing... I won't be able to forget it"? I really hope I've got it right...

stuartjmz said: I'm still way behind, having only watched up to Ep 36, but with work commitments meaning I'm not able to help with editing at the moment, the wait for new subs is especially painful when I see comments here, and even from some of the cast on Twitter, that the show is getting darker and sadder. I really hope that it doesn't END that way. 

Guest james94131

Can anyone provide any insight as to why shows from cable tvN get easily licensed by big subbing companies like Viki, Soompi and Dramfever, but shows like Yoona's Street and Bad Guys from other cable stations jTBC and OCN rarely get licensed by the big subbing companies?  Is it part of their business plan not to get overseas exposure?  Are there Korean government restrictions?  Are the Korean cable stations part of interlocking corporate ownership with other entertainment companies that do not want internal competition?  Is this in any way related to why Japanese media companies rarely if ever license their current shows for showing by the big subbing companies?  I'm just really puzzled.

Yoona's Street surpassed the 3% ratings mark for episode 46! I'm so happy~~~
I agree about the ending of episode 44. That's just crazy. Total fake out. I still love the drama and I believe they'd show that scene soon.

I really loved the mother-daughter relationships shown in episode 46. Yoona choosing her "bad" friends over her own mother because to her they are her family. She spent most of her life with them and her mom is not so far from just an ahjumma she can meet anywhere, considering how they've never been together since her mom left. Then there was Da Young and Madam. Da Young is not her biological daughter and yet you can see how much she loves her to the extent that she's hurting more to see Da Young in pain. It's such a beautiful comparison to put them in one episode. And of course, that ending! Yoona finally expressed in words how much she wants to be with Chang Man. Ahh, my heart. Just 2 weeks left.

:(

Guest gnaveyar

to all~ YNS Drama OST is out~
Google "Various Artists – 유나의 거리 OST" for download links... *wink wink*~~~~

a playlist is also on YT

Hello all YS lovers
I can understand why this thread is slow moving since the gap of the c-sub and e-sub episodes is so wide. Otherwise, we would be able to have such an interesting discussion here. I am enjoying the drama very much...even the darker moments. I am so happy with Yoona's choice at the end of episode 46 (hope this is not considered a spoiler). 
@gnaveyarThank you for the ost. I love it! 

Archived