[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

KYAAAA!!!! Script reading and pictures from filming. Thanks a lot for sharing @spideysteve @fiovial @yoeda and everyone who posted.
Hmmmm so Jang Hyuk has long hair here.I thought he would give him a cleaner cut coz Ethan Ruan had a short one in TW version.I guess they are making some changes here.Though from Nara's look, she has resemblance with Joan Chen's character. 
Got excited that they start filming already. YAY!!!! \:D/ \:D/ :x

looking at the first pics -- don't understand why heroines with glasses in dramas always have such awful ones... don't the glasses manufacturers ever want to jump in and show off their products? some of these branded frames can be really quite pricey.. also, not sure why the glasses are also invariably the wrong size ~ if you don't wear glasses, you wouldn't know but these glasses on Jang Nara's face are too big for her -- the perfect size glasses are when you smile and your cheeks have zero contact with them.... bu then again, the only people who notice such details are people who actually wear glasses...
JFBQ00214070517A.gif

Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara and More Attend Script Reading for ‘Fated to Love You’

CJ E&M enewsWorld

2014-05-21 14:15

interesting

Sharing To Twitter Sharing To Facebook

Highly anticipated drama Fated to Love You revealed pictures from its first script reading.

MBC’s upcoming drama Fated to Love You held its script reading on May 9 at MBC’s dream center in Gyeonggi province, attended by the main members of cast, including Jang Hyuk, Jang Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Wang Ji Won, as well as Lee Dong Yoon PD, writers Joo Chan Ok, Jo Jin Guk and more. 

Before the script reading started, writer Joo Chan Ok said, “If you have any new ideas or personal talents, let us know. We will try to apply them in the scripts,” and the writer Jo Jin Guk said, “The drama needs to be entertaining but I honestly want high viewership ratings,” bringing out laughter. 

66400002.jpg

btn_viewLarger.png

Then he added, “But more than the viewership ratings, we will try to make a project that the cast members can look forward to.”

Despite the cheery and bright atmosphere, once the script reading started, everyone focused on the scripts, showing passion by transforming into each of their characters.

Jang Hyuk satisfied everyone by showing perfect understanding of his character, showing off his comical yet arrogant actions as ‘Lee Gun.’

Jang Nara also made eye contact with others as she acted out her character ‘Kim Mi Young,’ even tearing up as she said her lines in certain scenes.

Fated to Love You is a romantic comedy drama about two people who get tricked by a plot on their trip and end up spending a night together unintentionally.

The first episode is set to air in July, following A New Leaf

counsel05 said: KYAAAA!!!! Script reading and pictures from filming. Thanks a lot for sharing @spideysteve @fiovial @yoeda and everyone who posted.
Hmmmm so Jang Hyuk has long hair here.I thought he would give him a cleaner cut coz Ethan Ruan had a short one in TW version.I guess they are making some changes here.Though from Nara's look, she has resemblance with Joan Chen's character. 

Guest mdolphins

gumi said: counsel05 said: KYAAAA!!!! Script reading and pictures from filming. Thanks a lot for sharing @spideysteve @fiovial @yoeda and everyone who posted.

First rehearsals underway for Fated To Love Youby javabeans FatedtoLove1.jpg
Here we go with the first signs of production for Fated To Love You, the romantic comedy remake of the hit Taiwanese drama that’s set to air later this summer, starring Jang Hyukand Jang Nara in their rom-com reunion. How crazy is it that twelve years have passed since Successful Story of a Bright Girl and she looks exactly the same? (He looks great too, but she’s the one I suspect of hoarding enchanted aging portraits in the attic or drinking magical youth concoctions.)
Full article: Dramabeans

Thanks everyone for updates and translation!  <3
Jang Hyuk satisfied everyone by showing perfect understanding of his character, showing off his comical yet arrogant actions as ‘Lee Gun.’Jang Nara also made eye contact with others as she acted out her character ‘Kim Mi Young,’ even tearing up as she said her lines in certain scenes.

Nara looks so pretty and she already tearing up during the script reading, I really can't wait for the actual filming.   Seeing that cheerful pic of them sitting side by side, it struck me once again how much I miss this couple.  

Guest fiovial

@gumi ooppps my bad to writer Joo. These old eyes somehow sees her name as Chan Wook (man's name) instead of Chan Ok  :\"> .
Now for the pics...SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Hyukie looks ahhhhhhh.... I will continue the squealing in his thread....lol...That pic of Nara with her HUGE glasses look soooooo sooooo cute!!Seeing Hyuk and Nara in the same frame even in a fan taken pic.....priceless.....Our Gi Tae ahjussi and Yang Soon all grown up now. 

Ok enough squealing right now....but wanted to add to the convo of how everyone hopes the Kr version will be different than the Tw version. Given the ages of the characters I sure hope the writers would make the story more mature too. Things that are still acceptable for an early-mid 20 something chaebol will not and should not be acceptable for a late 30 something chaebol. It will really look out of character for a man in his late 30s to still be acting like an early 20s man. This 30 something chaebol should be more mature. If they still keep him immature..heck we might as well rewatch Successful Story of A Bright Girl.Is it so wrong of me to want this version of Lee Geon sajangnim to act more like Joo Jung Won (Master's Sun)? 

Guest fiovial

I didn't see the explanation of the supporting actors' role in the thread..zoi from just jang hyuk already posted the character descriptions in her blog but since I don't understand Japanese I can't just use her info....
Anyways here is what I find from multiple news sites.
201405190934322410_1.jpg
Park Won Sook plays the role of Chairman Wang (Jang Hyuk's grandmother), the chairman of Kirin Chemical, a household cleaning supplies company. Both her husband and son died in their 30s so she pampered her only grandson Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk).Song Ok Sook plays the role of Kim Mi Young (Jang Na Ra)'s mother, a restaurant owner in Yeowool-do who raised her three daughters all by herself.Na Young Hee plays the role Lee Yong (Lee Geon's half brother)'s mother.

1888965585_6lsBbA0P_BFEEB8EDC3B3B7B3_C4D

Jung Eun Pyo plays the role of President Park. He is in charge of the shampoo producing plant in Yeowool-do and it was through him that Mi Young got entangled with Lee Geon.Lim Hyeong Joon will play the role of Mr. Choi, Kim Mi Young(Jang Na Ra)'s brother-in-law.
Choi Woo Shik will play the role of Lee Yong, Lee Geon (Jang Hyuk)'s half-brother. Though he is trying to grab Jang Hyuk's position as a successor,he will show a funny villain character that is hard to hatePark Hee Bon plays the role of Jeon Ji Yeon. She is someone who is with Mi Young 24 hrs a day as she is both her roommate and co-worker. She will be Mi Young's dating coach.
Lee Mi Do will play the role of Kim Mi Ja, Kim Mi Young(Jang Na Ra)'s second older sister.
Han Gyu will play the role of Kim Mi Young's oldest sister.

Guest chunnogirl33

@flovial I agree that certain behaviour is more tolerable in a 20 sth year old as opposed to a 30 sth but on the other hand, inmaturity has no age limit. Personally I think Kitae , with all his tantrums was easier to like than the Masters Sun lead. Kitae showed his heart earlier in the drama. MS guy was super rude and I don't know in what sense he was more "mature" except in age :(

chunnogirl33 said: @flovial I agree that certain behaviour is more tolerable in a 20 sth year old as opposed to a 30 sth but on the other hand, inmaturity has no age limit. Personally I think Kitae , with all his tantrums was easier to like than the Masters Sun lead. Kitae showed his heart earlier in the drama. MS guy was super rude and I don't know in what sense he was more "mature" except in age :(

Guest chunnogirl33

@gumi‌ As the saying goes "Men will be boys" I work surrounded mostly by 40 sth year old men and trust me, the majority are babies, especially when they get together. I don't think mature men exist anymore lol They are mature in the sense that they become more responsible, especially if they are in charge of a family, a company etc but in certain aspects, they are still boys. And I don't think it is age that help people mature, but life experiences. Remember that movie "About s boy"? where Hugh Grant played a rich inmature and selfish big baby whose life turns upside down after he starts bonding with a lonely kid? Now the challenge is to see these men as sexy. I do have difficulty with that. But if the guy has redeeming qualities, a charm that compensates the flaws, and if he grows throughout the drama then I will love him. Plus! it's Jang Hyuk. It'll be hard for me to NOT see him sexy

Guest spideysteve

gumi said:If Lee Geon ends up being a mature and behaved character, I dunno how that will work in the story plot...cuz this being a rom com he has to be comic, somewhat flawed, hurt female lead's feeling, but adorable at the same time and it's a very difficult task without being immature to certain extent :P so I do expect some level of immaturity in Lee Geon... I mean he's freakin spoiled 9th generation only son of chaebol family so no wonder.  I do think and hope that Lee Geon and Ji Cun Xi will be different, but don't necessarily think the difference will be mature vs immature. 

Guest spideysteve

gumi said: Yeah looks like our leads went to pet dog exposition. Now, that wasn't in the original drama was it? Are we already seeing some variation from the original? :)

Guest spideysteve

stuartjmz said:I only watched the original a couple of months ago, after hearing about this one coming up, and I don't remember any dog show, or anything similar. Except that the whole Drama was a chauvinist pig show.   :D