[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest spideysteve

yoeda said:i'm sorry if i offended anyone with my comment but we should realize, the important thing in acting is how they act and not how they look. don't openly critic someone that we ourself barely seeing him/her in any of their project before. again, i'm sorry but i have to say this coz it got stuck in my heart. 

oh @spideysteve. i like your opinion and advise. btw, do we have our dose of Jjangs Couple today? or maybe uri second lead filming picture? :)) :))so much picture last week make me overdose but still not enough. =)) =))

Guest spideysteve

yoeda said:btw, do we have our dose of Jjangs Couple today? or maybe uri second lead filming picture? :)) :))so much picture last week make me overdose but still not enough. =)) =))

I pretty much agree with what @stuartjmz said. And on top of it, I don't understand or tolerate "people saying they aren't going to watch a Drama because the actor's "too ugly" or "too short" etc." at all lol. I'm fine with them thinking it, but not fine with them saying it (oh well now that i think it's what exactly stuartjmz said lol). Cuz, what are they doing in a drama thread if they're not gonna watch it? It is fine to dislike certain part of the drama or share the concern about the drama. Thread is not a place to say only good things about a drama, it's a place to talk about a drama. But what's the point if you for sure know that you are not gonna watch it? For sure that person doesn't want to talk about the drama, thus s/he does not need to come to a place where people have gathered to talk about the drama. Not only it is unnecessary, it is extremely disrespectful to fans that have gathered in the place. Who does s/he think will listen when s/he says an actor is ugly? In a place where people's avatars are that exact actor's photo? I don't care if someone thinks Jang Hyuk is old or ugly or bad at acting or anything, cuz it's their own opinion. I won't agree for sure, but I can't make everybody else think and feel the way I do. But thinking that is one thing and coming to a place where his fans are present and saying it is another thing. In this case, I get mad not because Jang Hyuk has been disrespected (someone thinking he is ugly won't really do anything to him), but because fans have been totally disrespected. 
I think the original one who left that pretty inconsiderate comment prob won't come back to see this comment, (cuz she's not gonna watch the drama so what is she gonna do in a thread?:P), but I think it's important to remind everyone, including myself, that this is a place where fans of different stars and dramas have gathered. Even if I hate something, someone here might love it, and just bearing it in mind probably will make our discussion here so much better and enjoyable. I'm not saying we can't share dislikes here. If someone on this thread loves everything about the drama but hates Jang Hyuk, I don't think it's a problem. As long as they acknowledge the fact that someone is watching the show only becuz he is in the drama. I hated the female lead character in Tw version, but I also know that she was the favorite for some other people and I respect that. I think, overall, when you dislike something, it's important to note that it is probably not becuz that thing is inherently bad or stupid but becuz that thing does not comply with your own taste. 
Anyways, sorry that sounded a little too unnecessarily long:P and I'd like to say this thread has been amazingly enjoyable so far and I just hope it stays that way. U don't even know how many times a day I refresh this page lol. 

Jang Nara mentioned FTLY during her interview with magazine, so I translated FTLY relevant parts. You can see the whole interview (in Korean:P) and her beautiful pictures over here http://mnbmagazine.joins.com/magazine/Narticle.asp?magazine=204&articleId=BTPBGY0OTSSKOY
Jang Nara says she is very happy these days because of the ones she is working together with. Lee DongYoon PD who got praised through 'Queen's Classroom' and writer Cho Jin Gook who showed sensuous story in 'Soulmate', and Jang Hyuk who once again becomes her partner 12 years after 2002 drama 'Success Story of a Bright Girl' together created a dream team. Jang Nara says when they film a drama in Korea, it happens over a relatively short time with extreme focus, so 'emotion gets dense' with the people working together. "The atmosphere on the filming site is really warm and family-like. It feels very comfortable, as if I have returned home after a long while."
The drama 'Success Story of a Bright Girl' with Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk as lead roles was a big hit with 42.6% of high ratings. The new drama will be broadcasted in July, and it is already gathering attention with its proven chemistry couple. "Jang Hyuk oppa called me 'the last partner of my 30s' during the script reading, and I laughed so much. It was good to see him again. Jang Hyuk oppa has become a father since the time we've last worked together. When we were filming SSBG, us two were together in almost every single scene. I wanted to be closer with him, but at that time I was too busy with 'Non-stop' and singing and all. Even though a good looking actor like him was right next to me, I didn't have time to recognize that. I think this time we will have more fun."

Guest chunnogirl33

@stuartjmz‌ I think most of you have expressed what I think. It's understandable to judge based on physical appearance. Its very shallow, but its human. I won't hide the fact that my first thought when I saw Jang Hyuk was "Oh, he is short" I'm watching gorgeous Jang Hyuk in Chuno and my first thought is height? *slaps herself* But then he won me over with his performance and despite my initial reaction I knew this could happen, cause a good character and performance will always surpass physical appearance (to me) but anyway, the unfortunate thing is where we chose to vent our frustration? They still have a right to do it, but they will likely provoke a negative reaction in many of the participants. Should this stop them? For the sake of freedom of speech I'd say No, but for the sake of peace I'd say "Think about what you want to say. Is it absolutely necessary to make this point in this thread"? But anyway, to each their own

To the person who is going to watch the drama and doesn't like JHs height, there is CJH to look at. He is very tall :P

@stuartjmz‌ You keep scaring with the chauvinist pig story comments! I hope they update this gahhhh but I'm going to mentally prepare to love to hate this chaebol ommmmmmmmm (I have a huge problem with jerks but I love Jang Hyuk so big dilemma here)

Guest chunnogirl33

@gumi‌ Awww Jang Nara is so cute! Sounds like the work environment is optimal. I love her comment about appreciating "having a handsome partner" better now ehehe smart girl! Life gave you a second chance! you better smooch him good for all of us this time :P

Thanks for the translation Gumi. She looks so beautiful in those pics!

I'm actually glad they will push back the airing time a bit because I probably won't have internet in July *sad face*
As I know her more for her portraying evil mother-in-laws, when I first read about the possibility of Park Won Sook plays the grandma, and then heard about her character is cute, I thought "Really?" :P  However I think she's a great actress and I think she will be hilarious :D 
Ah, they can change any other cast but not the Jjangs couple, please :D  
I won't deny I like watching taller and handsome actors but when a shorter actor is respected, bigger chances are it means they are recognized for their acting more their height/looks. I think Jang Hyuk is handsome and manly, and a great actor ^^

Does anyone know if Jang Hyuk's keeping the hair? Because right now, he's looking more like the second lead Dylan of the T-version. Of course, he'll make up for that in his acting :) but I still feel that the hair should go :-?

Guest chunnogirl33

@ramsha20‌ Yeah he needs to keep the hair until mid June because he is also filming a historical movie :| but hopefully after that he will get a makeover

ramsha20 said: Does anyone know if Jang Hyuk's keeping the hair? Because right now, he's looking more like the second lead Dylan of the T-version. Of course, he'll make up for that in his acting :) but I still feel that the hair should go :-?

Guest spideysteve

Yeah, basically everyone has said it all. Like @stuartjmz said, I too have biased and actors that I irrationally dislike to the point that I avoid their works at all cost (not gonna tell you who they are. Nope :)) ). For me, I don't see the point of expressing such dislike in a thread where his/her fans gather, because It's personal and without any logical explanation. But people think differently.

Still, I appreciate those who are willing to give the drama a try despite their dislike for a certain aspect of it. I cheer for your efforts, folks!!

@gumi Thank you so much for the translation. Lmao, "the last partner of my 30s" makes me really sentimental. July needs to come sooner.

chunnogirl33 said:
Life gave you a second chance! you better smooch him good for all of us this time :P

@gumi‌ @chunnogirl33‌ : on the bright side, it's not too late to hope he cuts it off half way through the drama. When they show the two-year leap maybe :D

Although I'm not the only one who's had this idea. @spideysteve‌'s suggested this as well

ramsha20

said: Does anyone know if Jang Hyuk's keeping the hair? Because right now, he's looking more like the second lead Dylan of the T-version. Of course, he'll make up for that in his acting

:)

but I still feel that the hair should go :-?

thanks everyone for all the insight and opinion. that was really a mind and eye opener for everyone including me. that was a thread for, a place where we can discuss and share everything in harmonious way. :) :)
@StaRix, you're not alone (singsong MJ song). i like his hair too. :)) :))

Guest spideysteve

stuartjmz said:I was  so traumatised by the experience that the only kisses I remember are the Liverpool kisses I kept wanting to give Ethan's character! :D

@gumi Thanks for the translation! There were confusions due to mistranslation that Jang Nara said Jang Hyuk was going to be her last partner in her 30s which led to the speculation that FTLY was going to be JNR's last drama since she's only in her early 30s.

I wonder if they're going to keep the cruise location (considering the Sewol tragedy). I remember the original filmed at HongKong for those cruise scenes but now I'm reading that they are filming in Macau. I could see variations now from this version including some additional castings not present in the original. I'm becoming more positive that even though this is a remake that they are making changes which I believe are for the better.

Guest spideysteve

class="entry-title single-title" “Fated To Love You”: Jang Nara Is A Four-Eyed Cutie 3

Fated to Love You‘s female protagonist, Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara), is a comic figure with her nerdy fashion, but it’s not to say she isn’t cute.

Pretty four-eyes is a contract office employee, who seems to be an errand girl, too, as stills show her with arms cradling several cups of coffee and donuts. Her uneventful life does a 180 when she goes on a trip (to Macau?) and has a one night stand with Jang Hyuk‘s Lee Gun.

It is said that Jang Nara has completely poured herself into her role, and I think she may have even learned the Gyeonsang dialect for it.

Anyway, Fated to Love You will be airing in July.

Source  |  Newsen

cr: Couch Kimchi

@nakatsubebe So they will be going to Macau? I have the same question about whether they will keep the "cruise" part or change it to a villa.