[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

RATING 1N2D S3 E200 KIM JOOHYUK SPECAL 

E200  17.8% 171105

-------------------

E199 171029 (KBS STRIKE AGAIN SPECIAL EPI -GIMHAE TRIP)

13.7% 171029

--------------------------------------

E198 171022 AWARD -10TH ANNIVERSARY 

15.5% 

--------------------------------

E197 171015  IY-1N2D PART 3

14.6% 

-------------------------------------------

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Just watched and finished the current episode.. 

Well, I don't know what to feel.. but the episode is just so sad..:anguished:

The song in the end.. his last video supposedly for congratulatory for 2d1n anniversary...

Is it just me? The sound of the crows bothered me. I thought it was like a sound effect of some sort when I first saw the video here in the forum. I'm not superstitious, it's like premonition or what, but it was the first I noticed when I played the video. Like seriously.. don't want spook you all though.. I felt goosebumps.. but I don't want to shake you all for what I'm thinking.. just me thinking out loud... (peace)

Edited by _gillianne19_
Fixed wel to well
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, _gillianne19_ said:

Just watched and finished the current episode.. 

Well, I don't know what to feel.. but the episode is just so sad..:anguished:

The song in the end.. his last video supposedly for congratulatory for 2d1n anniversary...

Is it just me? The sound of the crows bothered me. I thought it was like a sound effect of some sort when I first saw the video here in the forum. I'm not superstitious, it's like premonition or what, but it was the first I noticed when I played the video. Like seriously.. don't want spook you all though.. I felt goosebumps.. but I don't want to shake you all for what I'm thinking.. just me thinking out loud... (peace)

You're not alone. I've read the same comments in articles. And the crow sound was even magnified because there were no other sounds except for Joohyuk talking.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sujin-a said:

You're not alone. I've read the same comments in articles. And the crow sound was even magnified because there were no other sounds except for Joohyuk talking.

Why? May i know is there any superstitious belief regarding crow sound? Does it indicate bad or good sign?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ixora6 said:

Why? May i know is there any superstitious belief regarding crow sound? Does it indicate bad or good sign?

Spoiler

For the superstitious, crows are bad omen, symbolizing death or dying, messenger of death. It doesn't always mean physical death. It can also mean huge change. I'm familiar with the superstition from Western literature. I don't known about other cultures.

P.S. Did a quick Wiki search on South Korean superstitions: When crows cry, it is believed that bad luck will follow. Since crows are attracted to dead bodies, Koreans associate crows with misfortune. 

• Like 1

How come you guys be able to watch it ? I just close it when it starts, barely minutes. It is still raw....

I do think this is what the members must have wanted. 

I hope I can watch it soon. I do need a closure for myself. My mom (lives in Korea) went to the procession (outside). She said it was really sombre, thoughtful. She was surprised there were a lot of people her age (50s). My bro went to Korea this week-end. He found some writing in the lieu of accident. 

Gutaeng hyung, may you get the  best heaven could offer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jyugrace said:

How come you guys be able to watch it ? I just close it when it starts, barely minutes. It is still raw....

I do think this is what the members must have wanted. 

I hope I can watch it soon. I do need a closure for myself. My mom (lives in Korea) went to the procession (outside). She said it was really sombre, thoughtful. She was surprised there were a lot of people her age (50s). My bro went to Korea this week-end. He found some writing in the lieu of accident. 

Gutaeng hyung, may you get the  best heaven could offer.

I watch it with a roller coaster mood. I stare, laugh, cry, smile and then bawled heavily by myself at the end. And I do pause for few times to actually stop my self from crying so hard. At first, I don't want to watch but I end up watching it  because I'm missing gutaeng hyung so much on 1N2D screen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I was reluctant to watch this eps at first because i've watch the subbed version of the ending. I'll just watch this episode later on when the lost began to heal. but after i watch the first clip, the last time the members meet with hyung, and the promises that they will do just one more trip together. I realize i have to watch this trough.

This episode is not just about paying tribute to the ever lovable hyung, saying goodbye to this precious member, but also its an effort to fulfill one last promises that hyung has made to the member, with the member.

• Like 5

Sound of crow bothered me... in my belief, sound of crow is relate to a death.. its gives me a goosebump. I smiled and cried while watch this eps.. for me he is so kind, genuine and gentleman.. i dont know any love line between Seulgi Writernim with him.. Can anyone explain what a relationship between him and Seulgi ? 

A week without K-Drama and feel lost .. i will watch Argon and Confidential Assignment.

Miss him .. :bawling:

• Like 1

I have watched the clips of the members and our Gutaeng posted by everyone here. But I havent watched the whole ep yet. I already cried alone laz night and I am trying to gather all my strenght to watch it. 

I tried reading other news and regularly reading my kpop fandoms' news but I keep coming back to him and remembering him.(It's only been a week since his passing). Pls be understanding of my feelings as I still find it hard to move on too soon. I can't nvr really share this grief with people around me as I am personally also facing someone who is in total opposites of understanding about death. So I do feel a bit depressed by this personal situation and to have this shocking news coming my way, I don't want to lie about it but I am really juggling my emotions and my psychology. If I don't express it here, I fear I might suffer a certain degree of mental breakdown (literally). Laugh here but crying over there (doesnt that sound like bipolar disorder?)

So I wanna thank you everyone here for gathering together, to grief, to share the pain & sadness and to mourn (however you do it) over someone who is not only close to our eyes but had shared a bond inside all of us even though he doesn't evn know any of us. I hope we all can AGREE to DISAGREE with each other and more importantly, to remember each members feelings and thoughts in this forum.

In a more relative opinion for our beloved show, firstly, 2D1N do not need another "Morning Angel" any longer as we have Gutaeng hyung to watch over them everywhere and everyday. Secondly, I hope the song "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton (often sung by Junho) and was evn used in the recent Entertainment Weekly clip of our hyung, have more meaning to the members and to everyone.. 

I will try to find the time with peace and quiet to finally say goodbye to our hyung and have some bit of closure..

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Joohyuk's high school junior from the trip posted on facebook about him, talking about how he contacted them to gather together for a meal after their entrance exams if they were not busy.

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6317358189

The user is compiling related SNS posts about Joohyuk and translating them to Chinese. You can also see some from the 1n2d staff. I can help to translate them if someone really wants to know but I cannot guarantee accuracy and speed. I'll try my best.

The original SNS source can't be found on the website since they are blocked so you may have to find the original post on the web by yourself.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

Crows in many cultures and through history have been regarded to be omens of death or significant change. For example, the sudden gathering of crows to the house/window is an omen. Why a crow is regarded as such is because some think they act as guides for the soul to the next world or they eat flesh of the dead.

I saw the episode but did not notice the sound of crows till I read this forum. I must say it sends some chills down my spine whn I watched it again!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lyd89 said:

Joohyuk's high school junior from the trip posted on facebook about him, talking about how he contacted them to gather together for a meal after their entrance exams if they were not busy.

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6317358189

The user is compiling related SNS posts about Joohyuk and translating them to Chinese. You can also see some from the 1n2d staff. I can help to translate them if someone really wants to know but I cannot guarantee accuracy and speed. I'll try my best.

The original SNS source can't be found on the website since they are blocked so you may have to find the original post on the web by yourself.

Thank you :) 

I hope you willing to translate whenever you have time m(_ _)m 

It would nice to read them

Yeah I do notice the crows sound and knowing their meaning and seeing it as a sign which does give some chill since you know what happen already. but I just keep it to myself since rather of scared of the video I will just cherished his last message ever to his dongsaeng and viewers...his last smile in the video feel bitter sweet and sad TBH but he gave us a sweet smile until the end to remember with.. 

And now I still watching his tribute ep for the hundredth time and after that watching old episodes again... Still could never completely moves on

Someone help translate Seulgi message after the broadcast.. I think she mean all the staff gathered together to help edit the special episode for Joohyuk..the special obviously full of affection and love for him can only come from these people who love and have work with him

IMG_20171108_001746.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, gogumajet said:

I watch it with a roller coaster mood. I stare, laugh, cry, smile and then bawled heavily by myself at the end. And I do pause for few times to actually stop my self from crying so hard. At first, I don't want to watch but I end up watching it  because I'm missing gutaeng hyung so much on 1N2D screen.

I can see the quote sign now, haha. Old poor me who I suspect could mother some of you. 

I still can not. I applaud everyone who can really. I myself speak and read Korean just fine, but admitelly not good in translating. English is my seventh language haha. But if I see if there is any translation with nuance I am not comfortably with, I will speak out.

I went to group therapy today and someone talked about his bereavement. Gutaeng's hyung death is not the first death I encountered, and each teach me one thing : the let go moment is seldom sudden, poignant, and merciful. It came upon us like death itself. 

• Like 2

just managed to watch the tribute special.

it was beautiful. just the right balance of laughters, tears and solemness. an apt send off for uri gutaeng-hyung.

personally, i was against the idea of it being too soon, as i don't think the production crew will be able to handle it well. but then, i realised this is their way of showing solidarity of love towards the man they highly think of. this was their catharsis. and seulgi's post confirm that well enough.

as the crew put it, he promised to travel with them again, and this is their way to realised that promise.

i took a short trip these last few days. i wanted to go away alone, to reorganize my thought and emotions. it was bad enough that my staffs actually noticed how gloomy i was. of course, just like the rest of you, it's hard to explain about it, no?

so, i went to the beach, a place where i usually go when i need to escape reality, but the weather didn't cooperate. it rained, as if reflecting my own sorrow.

thus, i did what most of us did. rewatched the season from the beginning, retracing the journey of these brothers of ours, from the awkward silence to the unabashed teasing. laughter and curses abound. at the moment, my marathon session had came up to sam kim's magic powder.

it was liberating. it was just me and them, taking trips to beautiful places and became silly as kids, age thrown aside.

it was then i remembered how it was when my best buddy died, several years ago. he was bedridden with brain tumour, and had almost lost all functions of his movement. for a grumpy lad with healthy appetite to a mere shadow of a person, it was sad indeed.

but what made me regret to this day was that the day he passed away, i was away for work, and i didn't realised all the texts my mates had sent me about his demise. it was already too late when i got hold of the news.

i know exactly how our maknae felt.

but then i also remembered what our mathyung said. if we were too sad about him leaving, then we wouldn't have truly understand him well yet.

just like what my smelly, #foreveralone dear friend of mine did. he understood that we can be really busy with our own life, but will try to smile as bright as possible when we came to visit. he didn't want to be a deadweight to everyone.

so, i will no longer be sad about our loss. the production crew realised that too. instead, i will cherish the memories that we had, as i had mentioned in my previous post. the rest of the brothers too have made their move, as reality forced us to become adults and take responsibility of our life and future. taehyun has, jongmin has, defconn has, and i dearly wish that junho, the oldest kid on the block, to be back to his usual self again. even our maknae has said that life must go on and he will have a long chat with his hyung when the time comes. and i also hope that, donggu, the forgotten man of the hour, will understand that we don't need him to be anyone else but himself, as he can see from the love that we have shown to our beloved mathyung.

so, instead of grieving, i will celebrate the fact that 1n2d has introduced us to a wonderful person named kim joo hyuk, with his bumbling, foolish  but honest demeanor, that has captured our heart and respect.

i will celebrate that the show has made many of us closer in our loyalty towards the show, no matter how crappy some episodes can be. i will celebrate that we still have the rest of the members to make us laugh, sob and curse at their funniest and stupidest, for the sake of the show.

i will celebrate that the production crew has sacrificed their wellbeing to bring us the show each week. and i will celebrate the fact i am alive and well enough to continue to support the show, with our dear gutaeng-hyung watching from up above.

well, i still can't stop smoking. that can wait after another stick... after a meal. i'll consider quiting after that. maybe.

so, cheer up, folks. let's celebrate. the darkness will pass, and the light will shine the way forward. else, we ask the international referee to help us with the decision.

now, i need to rewatched the terrifiying nonsmoking episodes again. his best episodes ever. still send chill to my bones thinking about it. :sweatingbullets:

9 hours ago, aniliaz said:

Sound of crow bothered me... in my belief, sound of crow is relate to a death.. its gives me a goosebump. I smiled and cried while watch this eps.. for me he is so kind, genuine and gentleman.. i dont know any love line between Seulgi Writernim with him.. Can anyone explain what a relationship between him and Seulgi ? 

A week without K-Drama and feel lost .. i will watch Argon and Confidential Assignment.

Miss him .. :bawling:

with regards to the love line, it all began in episode 8 of this season, when they were playing games to win rights for dinner. they had to squats while carrying a crew member, and seulgi was one of them.

the boys being boys, and our mathyung being the oldest singles and the most desperate for a relationship (hahaha...), the rest of the members began teasing him about her, especially when the maknae writer was as cute as a button. but of course, cha appa is her favourite member. :lol:

then in episode 13, seulgi gave him a handful of chocolates since it was valentine's day. it was replied in episode 17, when joo hyuk hyung gave a huge candy for white day. of course, the rest of the guys got enough ammo to tease him all the way.

it was all done in fun spirit. uri nicotinepath clarified in the highlight special that he didn't have any special feelings about her, only curiosity. well, of course since the rest jokingly inserted yoo pd as the 2nd lead in the love triangle.

so, there you go.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, jyugrace said:

As for me, I'm not attached to him since I'm quite new viewer. But same as gogumajet, it's a rollercoaster emotions.. But the episode made me want to watch the first episode of season 3. To get to know him. I think I already watched the first episode but stopped.. well I guess I have to continue now..

• Like 1

Me too! Watching it with lotsa feelings :dissapointed_relieved: 

We miss uri Gutaengie hyung so much! It brought back lots of fond memories. He may be not around anymore but definitely will not be forgotten and our hearts will stay with him always.

Gloomy skies in my country since last week. There will be rainbow after a storm. He would like to see us smiling again just like when he bid goodbye during his last episode of 2D1N. He kept them laughing till the end. That's uri Gutaengie hyung:heart:

• Like 3