[Drama 2013/2014] A Little Love Never Hurts (Give Love Away) 사랑해서 남주나

Guest livon123

purpleZ said: One thing I'm frustrated about right now is how long they're going to drag JM and MJ into finding out that their parents are actually in love with each other. Now there's only 12 episodes left and while almost everything is revealed and solved, this particular scenario is not happening yet.  X(

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest coldsun242

suchadiva42 said: purpleZ said: One thing I'm frustrated about right now is how long they're going to drag JM and MJ into finding out that their parents are actually in love with each other. Now there's only 12 episodes left and while almost everything is revealed and solved, this particular scenario is not happening yet.  X(

I liked today's episode of Jm/Hk. I am happy that Jm opened up about his family. I am sad the writer didn't let him lean on Hk when he was feeling upset about his dad situation. I realize that Jm is the type that is always giving and scared to receive love. I loved how Hk told Jm to be confident in himself and stop acting like he is worthless. The writer need to get my couple together already but i'm not going to lie i do like the i like you but we can't be together interaction which leaves them throwing out cute affection for each other.
Now today's episode with Mj/Hr. In my opinion I felt the mother gave up to easily but I could see the why the writers ended it pretty quickly. They really gave her no justice on why she should not like Mj. The whole jm part was pretty weak. I just hate how the mother just went a whole 360 on liking Mj. Well whatever everybody is happy. Now that Mj/Hr are happy i hope they get on the road of fixing jm/hk i feel if they told them it's alright for them to be together and convince the mom to help.... it will also give more bonus pts to mj/hr couple in the mom eyes. Hurry up writers get to it.
Ok about Jm dad and his sisters. I feel the sister are out of line of what they did today. However I kind of see where their feelings are at. The writer's have seriously failed on how they wrote the father part on fixing his relationship with his daughters. They mostly concentrated on him and his relationship with mj mom. In my opinion again the writers should of have made the father interact with his daughter more and not act like such a rebellion adult he's doing exactly what his younger daughter was doing. He's really didn't take into the consideration of his kids. I'm not saying he should of broke up with mj's mom i think he should of worked to convince his daughters. I was hoping that the writer would let mj mom encourage him to spend more time with his daughter that didn't deal with them having a family meal. Like take example Yoora unless she is trying cause the moment she found her dad was dating I was surprised she didn't move out and she even asked questions about the lady but all he does is ignore her. How are his children suppose to understand if he puts a wall in front of them. So I'm kind of excited for next week episode cause the daughters are thinking of cutting ties with their dad. I hope the writers take the chance to make the father work hard for their trust and love so they can acknowledge his marriage with mj mom. I pray the writers do this correctly and don't do a whole 360 of them just saying dad go ahead and register the marriage and we were wrong.
My last bit of thoughts. I want to see more of Jm and his sisters actually working hard to being close to each other. I feel the only obstacle jm ever really need to face in life is his sisters because he really love them and I really want to see the sister do something great for jm and show him that he's part of the family. 

Aisek said: Like take example Yoora unless she is trying cause the moment she found her dad was dating I was surprised she didn't move out and she even asked questions about the lady but all he does is ignore her. How are his children suppose to understand if he puts a wall in front of them. So I'm kind of excited for next week episode cause the daughters are thinking of cutting ties with their dad. I hope the writers take the chance to make the father work hard for their trust and love so they can acknowledge his marriage with mj mom. I pray the writers do this correctly and don't do a whole 360 of them just saying dad go ahead and register the marriage and we were wrong.

Guest Timbone

bella1025

said:

Aisek

said:

Like take example Yoora unless she is trying cause the moment she found her dad was dating I was surprised she didn't move out and she even asked questions about the lady but all he does is ignore her. How are his children suppose to understand if he puts a wall in front of them. So I'm kind of excited for next week episode cause the daughters are thinking of cutting ties with their dad. I hope the writers take the chance to make the father work hard for their trust and love so they can acknowledge his marriage with mj mom. I pray the writers do this correctly and don't do a whole 360 of them just saying dad go ahead and register the marriage and we were wrong.

After watching episode 37 I feel that the kids need to stay out of the elder's romance. Contrary to the daughters being upset about what happened in the past with their father and mother. Their mother per a previous episode told the father to live his life and find happiness before she died. I think that she forgave him. Now his grown children may not know that fact because it was adult business, but I feel they should keep their mouths out of what is going on now. You voiced your opinion and said what you needed to. The oldest daughter has a husband, house and kids to take care of, you do not have to like how your fathers is living but you should at least be cordial if you want to break ties that is fine, but you will be the loser in this. The middle daughter, no right to cast stones at anyone after what happened with her and the married man. You saw the girlfriends point of view and sent the husband back to his wife and children after the daughter came to you. She is too grown in my view to be living with dad anyway. Should be out on her own with her own place. If you do not want to see dad with someone new then in my opinion move out of his house. IF she wants to break ties then do so you are a grown woman and I feel again she will be the loser in that decision. The only one with any sense is JM.

The house is the judges and why should they create a document for him to live some where else. Why should they dictate if they should marry or have this woman as common law? Why do they think that just because they are both parties children they can say how they should live the rest of their lives? Making plans with her children without talking to the involved parties was ridiculous and down right insulting and stupid. They should not in my opinion!  Unfortunately for MJ's mother her brother and sister in law are opportunist. I do not know how they ended up that but I suspect the DIL has always been grasping. I think the father told them right to not be getting into the middle of that for what they can get. Just because she is marrying the man, her kids do not need to be on the register just her. They should be entitled to nothing from that marriage. This man already has children and a son he does not need additional to bring them under him.  (I would make and agreement saying my kids get nothing from this marriage and do not expect anything.) AS soon as I saw that agreement I knew that both of them were going to hit the roof at the high handedness of the children like these grown children have the right to do this. I applaud the judge (i know he is retired just easier to remember) for coming to her and telling her they have been hasty in giving those kids the respect they thought they could handle, now it is time for them to do what they want to do,daymn everyone else.

I liked that MJ's father finally realized how awful his decisions were and how they effected the family. I did not like him fussing at the second wife but I think he had some good points. They were there because MJ and her mother gave them the consideration and respect. They did not have to be there after the fact they had an affair and a child. He was mature enough to realize that MJ's mother has given them respect and even befriended them and did not have to do that. Recognizing that HR's family gave them courtesy due to MJ and her mother was great. Although the second wife raised MJ while her mother was out working. She really had no right to say anything at that meeting. Just shut up and be quiet and I am glad he told her that at least. He should have been ashamed lol bringing his mistress and now wife to that meeting. That comes from every one in the family being so accepting. They forget if the family dynamic is asked about others will not see it that way.

I would like to think that HR's mother finally saw what a disservice she was doing to her son. I think she finally realized that she still had the opportunity to be with her son without losing him if she persist in her disapproval. I am happy to see that she realized that she missed her husband as well. Finally he was able to make her see that what she was doing was hurting everyone.

There are a lot of times in this drama that I want to do something bad to MJ's brother and sister in law. I honestly wish the mother would put them out.

Guest syndisome

I kinda understand where the sisters are coming from though - they want their father to have a life partner but at the same time they want to honor the memory of their mother, and they're doing their best to make it work. I find the father of the sisters to be the biggest d*ck of the universe. He's so selfish and only thinks about himself, even when he shows concern for his kids it's his happiness that takes precedent. He doesn't even realize he did any wrong or ruined his children's perception of family.

Reasons why he's a richard simmons: He had an affair and cited an arranged marriage and feelings of loneliness for doing so. He brings the kid that was born from the affair and let's his wife take care of it and kept the secret from his kids until it blew up in his face - not only that they have to keep it a secret from society and the wife has to hold in her hurt so that he won't look bad (he's a judge, imagine the rumors if anyone knew and his position). Now he thinks that he shouldn't have to suffer in loneliness and die from old age and has a right to be happy because he found someone who lovvves him and that his kids should understand because he's made his amends and can marry who he wants...hahaha...does he also expect his kids to call her mother, I doubt he sit idly by if they called her ajumma once they registered for marriage. It's all about him.

The daughter's aren't right in their meddling but I understand them. They live with this duality - hating their father but not being able to show it outwardly around other people. Always putting on this fake image and pretending to be ok because they wanted their mom to be happy. They're trying hard to balance the past pain with the reality of the present. While the dad is just I'm lonely, think about how I feel and what I went through - yeah man, here's the world's smallest violin. Ugh.

I think if all of them had sat down a long time ago and voiced their feelings on what had happen, shouting , yelling whatever I think it would have gone along way to healing the wound they all have between them. They have their anger at the father for cheating and bringing in the younger brother, the father has his guilt for what he did to his wife and JM's mother and to the daughters. No one has let out that pain and it is still there sitting causing problems even now. They all need to heal that past hurt and pain and no one seems to be doing it. They put on a good face in the public but the wound is septic still oozing now. All that resentment has grown over the years.

I think the father was doing it right taking it slow working up to getting the daughters to finally see that he needs to not be alone the rest of his days like the Son in law said. But they refused to even talk about the issues, admittedly against him having a personal life and love of his own.  But they took it upon themselves to get in the middle. I think they should have never talked to the son of MJ's mother about this. I think they should have talked to MJ if they wanted to have a sensible conversation but of course the brother would not bring her or even tell her what they were doing because they were up to no good.

Now the situation is thus that the father is done with them for daring to get a contract ready thinking that he would just go with that. I do not blame him in the least. They may have legitimate concerns and emotional issues about the past but this is not MJ's mother fault and it is past time for them to seek some type of counseling over those issues. I think it is holding them back in being able to move forward in their own lives. Look at what happened with the son in law and all he did was help a friend that used him to get a divorce and the oldest daughter not trusting the husband. I am not sure how many episodes is this drama but I hope we see at least a bit of the daughters and father get some peace with each other and JM.

I think these sister's are way out of line, I was the one who mentioned earlier about the possibility of the fathers marriage being an arranged one, This was not to suggest by any means that I thought if that was the case that it was OK for the father to cheat. I also agree in such case's the marriage is still a marriage and should be respected as such. My point was that we didn't know enough about the relationship between the judge and his wife. All we know is that he cheated.
We also know that the judge was not living at home at the time of his cheating, that he was working away from the family. We don't know how long he was away.We don't know what kind of relationship he had with his wife or even how they felt about each other.Again we don't know anything about the relationship between the judge and his wife nor the relationship he had with the woman he cheated with. 
The sister's are the children and clearly the mom was a loving and caring mother but that is not the same as being a loving and caring wife. Granted the judge if he was not happy could have gotten a divorce, we don't know that he didn't try too and the wife refused. Without knowing these things we can't arbitrarily make him the bad guy. Of course from the children's point of view he is that, because it doesn't ever occur to them that what was wrong in their parents marriage is the fault of both parties. What they know is that they had a loving and caring mother who was devastated by their father cheating, and they took her side.
Since the beginning YR has been distant and disrespectful towards her father and didn't allow him to have no say about how she was living her life. She had no problem disregarding the pain she was causing another family. JM is 31 years old that's a long time to hold on to resentment on behalf of their mother. Since SH is a psychiatrist maybe he should get them into group sessions so they can start to heal.
BJ and his wife of course have different motivations, and I find it interesting that the more they get the more they want, SA got them the restaurant they felt would change their fortune but they are never their working or trying to build up the business, now they got their sight's on what else they think they can get.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't feel that these are the decisions adult children have a right to make especially without consulting people involved, if they disapprove they can voice that and move on.
@Ldy Gmerm in her last two post said it a lot clearer and I agree whole heartedly with her/him

I may be in the minority here, but it seems that this shows underlying theme is one of greed.  I see greed in almost every relationship.  This greed is what has torn down these familial relationships.

-HK/HR's mother is greedy because for so long she was not happy with having one child in the business she needed to have both.  She allowed her greed to consume the household and cause problems between she and her son.

-HR's greed that he was unwilling to even try to see his mother's point of view and was determined that what happened between he and his past girlfriend would not happen again.  Although his mother was wrong, the girl friend was also wrong to take the money for the breakup.  As a result, he willingly allowed JK to sacrifice her happiness for his.  Not even taking into account the future resentment he may cause between himself and HK.

-MJ's greed in wanting to be with someone she could introduce to her friends.  All the time that she was with JM, she never allowed him to meet her friends and is just as willing as HR to sacrifice JM's feelings for her own.

-JM's father and MJ's father because they weren't willing to accept what they had at home, but instead went searching for something extra.  That extra resulted in children on both sides and hurt the family's that they obviously loved.

-JM's sisters are greedy for what they feel they missed out on as children.  By all accounts the father was good to them and it was only after they found out that JM was illegitimate did they start to get angry.  One could say that their behavior is because of their mother, but I think they were angry and still are because the judge was able to also love a child who was not their mother's child.  So, now they want to avenge the mother because of the alienation of affection from the judge to the mother and to them.

-MJ's brother and sister-in-law just want things given to them and do not care what the cost.  They do not want to work for anything and feel as if they are entitled to be taken care of.  They are money greedy.

The only main people in this show that are marginally happy is HK and JM both of whom are sacrificing their own happiness for those of others.

As another poste stated there's only a few more episodes left and they need to wrap up the stories.  I for one am hoping that they don't pull a miracle ending in which everything is solved in the last episode.   

Guest samathamarie

wow... it's my first time in this forum even though i have been following this drama since Ep. 1.  
i am so surprised that people taking the side of the daughters against the judge.  i never even knew that his 1st marriage was an arranged one.  all i know is that he cheated and it resulted to a son outside of his marriage.  what i do know is that he brought the son back to his marital home, and the son grew up thinking his wife is his mom as well.  i also know the wife loved the son like he was her own.  the judge did not abandon his family for the mistress but stayed and reconciled with his wife while holding on to his guilt because of the affair even after his wife's death.  while i do not approve of cheating, i don't approve of condemnation either.  while his sin did affect his family, his sin was to his wife.  he stayed a good father to his two daughters.  i know this because 2nd sister said he was an excellent dad and she loved him a lot until she learned of his indiscretion.  no other information is available about the duration of his infidelity or if he was a habitual cheater.  i am under the impression that he made one mistake, that's it.  it may have been that he had a moment of weakness not excusable, but certainly not enough to condemn him to lead the rest of his life deprived of any sort of personal happiness.  he wasn't a perfect husband but he wasn't the worst that ever walked the earth.  even convicted felons get pardoned or freed once they have served their time.  is he to live the rest of his life wallowing in his mistake?  doesn't he deserve a reprieve.  should the person without sin cast the first stone?
and my gripe with 2nd daughter is that the source of her dissatisfaction is mostly because of the awful former classmate who happens to be the daughter-in-law of the woman her dad is involved in.  its narrow-minded and stems from an over-the-top superiority complex that she has no right to possess not only because of her previous affair with a married man --- an act she audaciously condemned her dad for, but just because the woman runs a banchan store, she readily assumed she is poor.  seems to me she is way away from the poorhouse. if the preview is to be believed, then i think MJ's mom disinheriting the greedy brother and his wife is the perfect foil to their dastardly plans.  write the irrevocable will now!  then grab their stuff and throw them to the curb! kick them out of the house for good!  I would even take back my investment on the new restaurant if not for the 2nd wife of MJ's dad.  those two not only deserves to be disinherited in the future, but i would take back all i have given them thus far.  none of their actions showed any genuine concern for any other person other than themselves.  no other person should show them any genuine concern either -- its what they deserve.  if you're in it just for yourself, then no one else should be concerned about you either.
lastly, my patience is at an end... when is my favorite couple going to get together, dammit!  that one kiss eons ago does not fill my HK-JM hunger.  please... please...  don't make it happen only at the very last episode, ok?

Understanding how the daughters feel doesn't really mean that I'm condemning the judge forever. He's entitled to his own happiness, that much is true, but I'd like him to actually make an effort to include his daughters and not shut them out. Misunderstandings happen because they're all very prideful and unwilling to bend. They are his children, and it's one of his primary roles in life to actually reach out (shake them if need be) and explain why he wants this to happen. I dislike the ultimatums in this drama, they're a family after all, so they need to arrive at a destination even if it's a hard road ahead. Also, you don't want to condemn the dad for his infidelity, and you treat it as though past is past, all the while condemning the daughter for the very same transgression that you don't want the dad to be condemned for. Is it because she cheated with a married guy that it makes all her reactions, feelings of resentment towards the dad and overall feelings automatically voided/invalidated? 
As for sin that's brought about by the judge's infidelity--I don't think it's just towards the mom. When you're married, and you have kids in that marriage--everything that you do affects the entire family. So however much the mom tried to shelter her kids for the judge's indiscretion, it doesn't negate the fact that he still committed it against the very foundation that is his family. I can understand why Yoora reacts this way because I can tell that she's compensating over the fact that she loved and respected this guy all her life, and that she feels guilty for not finding out about her mom's suffering during their childhood. However smiley or happy or moved on one may appear, the cracks won't repair itself. So who are we to say that the mom was happy all through married life? Just because she decided to take in JM and accept her husband back? I think that's the question that bothers the daughters the most. That they'll never know how their mom was.. how she truly felt because she's already gone. Unlike with MJ, it's easier for her to forgive the dad because her mom is still with her, and she knows that she's alright and has moved on. Just because the judge's wife told him to be happy, it doesn't mean that she was happy herself. Forgiving someone doesn't automatically mean that the forgiver is entirely happy. She said it on her deathbed, and my guess is--she loved him enough to ease his worries and guilt. 
We all commit sins, nobody's perfect.. but when you're trying to put the blame or overcompensate due to guilt or hate--it's not easy to reflect whether you've been walking the right path or not. You don't ask, is it okay for me to be mad at him when I'm not perfect myself?--- you just feel, you just say..you just do. I'm not saying that Yoora's completely justified in her feelings of resentment, but I'm not gonna be saying that she isn't entitled to it either. She loved and respected her father, and the feeling that she really shouldn't have since he fooled their mom is pretty much what runs in her head right now. On that note, I don't think she hates him that much anymore, they did have a heart to heart talk--but it all seems pretty fast for them (probably) going from getting to know your dad and patching things up to possibly having him marry/replace their mom. Some may say that the dad has suffered enough over the years, but to the kids who've only began to fix things with him--it's probably still too early. This is why it's best he learns to talk to them and explain things through and through. The daughters have been ran through a rollercoaster meeting the greedy couple and have been hearing the "relationship details" from them mostly so it's like feeding the fire and suspicion. The dad already knew that his daughters like to meddle, so it would've been a wiser move if he'd just updated them himself instead of them getting mixed exaggerated ones from other sources. I dont excuse what the daughters did but that wasn't exactly instigated by them. I don't think they'd have made an agreement similar to that one on their own. They're far more educated to be pulling that especially the eldest daughter. Like I said, misunderstandings come to play when family members don't open up. The judge is at fault for his unwillingness to share, and the daughters too for jumping into conclusion and meddling that way. 

Guest samasta93

despite our discussion about the old couple and the ruckus.. lol.. I must admit that there's something has been triggering my curiosity... did MJ's reckless father eat something unusual that affected his brain? He's so damn unlike old himself~! LOL =))can't help but having an evil thought, maybe his deathbed is getting closer.. lol..so damn unlike him, seriously! So weird watching him acting MATURE so sudden~ :))
anyway, I have totally lost interest in HR-MJ story.. haha..seriously, I don't understand why they're so into their wedding that fast.. I even still don't get the feeling of their relationship yet.. unlike what I witness from JM-HK.. and to be honest, weeks ago I randomly watched Lie to Me and saw MJ was there too, her evil role really suits her better.. I got her character and her acting was much more convincing, I did enjoy watching her.. 
regarding to old couple, I agree with @bella1025the father must deal with the issue to his daughters: honestly, openly, and sincerely.Both are mature daughters, him is undoubtedly old mature man too.. unless they address the issue and talk, they won't be ever understand each other.Family is a family, they do discussion a lot, they concern a lot, they care a lot, they have conflict a lot. If people say children should not concern or bother or meddle with parents' issue or vice versa, then.. it's not a family (in my very humble opinion~) 

Guest adikkeluangman

No drama for tonight.

#윤박 출연의 MBC '사랑해서 남주나'는 오늘 소치동계올림픽 경기 중계로 인하여 결방 됩니다. #Yoonbak 's MBC '사랑해서 남주나' won't be on-air tonight due to Sochi Olympics broadcast.

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS)

February 15, 2014

coldsun242 said: suchadiva42 said: purpleZ said: One thing I'm frustrated about right now is how long they're going to drag JM and MJ into finding out that their parents are actually in love with each other. Now there's only 12 episodes left and while almost everything is revealed and solved, this particular scenario is not happening yet.  X(

Guest livon123

sorry guys for being so behind, wow Yoon Park is so handsome, I can see his future really bright, making the series more interesting! Olympics is in, I hope this give the cast and script writers to make the series more interesting and time to film!

Archived