[Drama 2013/2014] A Little Love Never Hurts (Give Love Away) 사랑해서 남주나

Guest livon123

My biggest problem has been that since I watch so few long dramas now, I expect that when I do the characters will be worth it.  Like @bella1025, said I have not really been thrilled with the characters played by Hong Song Hyun I too liked her character's spunk in TPM, but I was annoyed by her in Only You and LTM.  Perhaps it's because I see her character here just as in LTM as one dimensional and embodying a sense of entitlement that she hasn't really earned.  
I started watching this drama for Seo Ji-seok.  However, I found his character HR to be boring and selfish as well.  I didn't like his affect at all and he seemed to just be just existing throughout the drama.  @gooksu1, I don't mind a little angst if it's written well and furthers the characters growth and storyline.  In this instance, the "angst" that was there only helped along the people who were already concerned about their own happiness such as HR/MJ, the judge's daughters (heck even the home wrecker faired better than the two who had the most chemistry) and the daughter-in-law and son.   If they were going to end it the way they did it would have been better if they never started a relationship between HK/JM. 
There was some really lively episodes in the first 20/25 and then it started to go down hill.  At 35, I was still hoping but realized it just wasn't going to happen.  I was hoping for a Pure 19 or High as the Sky type drama that was well written and with characters you cared about and understood even if you didn't like them.  Instead, I felt that I really didn't care about at least 75% of the characters and had no emotional connection to them.
I am glad however, that I did join the discussion in this forum because it's always a good thing when you read so many different points of view.
@suchadiva42, Glorious Days looks like an excellent drama.  I am tempted to try a long drama again.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest samasta93

@suchadiva42‌ @beamonkr‌ ‌

Indeed, glorious day seems good..

My only hope they wouldn't repeat the same mistake: draggy in the middle and/or disastrous ending..

And it's only 40eps.. Maybe the curse of 50eps k-drama wouldn' touch it.. Lols.. Or worse, if the rating was good, they would make extension @-)

Holycow, suddenly I can imagine the nightmare of having all aging members of family eat dinner together as the closure..... :///

People WHO DIDN'T watch ep.50 with subtitles ... If you do then you get a completely different prespective on jm/hk situation ... and anyway  the endings for the leads  to kdramas are always either.

a) run over by a delivery truck  

B) mob mordered or disease (lehkemia , cancer)

c) last minute fastforward to years later (usually involving a baby in a kiddie car)

... most o fthe time we don't get even a glimpse of a bride in white for the lead actress at the end. NEVER EVER!!! just the dubious knowledge that it is an almost definitive maiby or then again ...  :) 

Spoiler alert: Minute 40 in the stairs is WAY too funny to watch. :D

Guest hunterdd

A disappoint ending.
First 30 episodes were good, but then the writer decided to focus on the 2 most boringest couples.
I don't believe it is the actors and actresses fault because I've seen them act better in many other dramas, except for grandpa.

Guest Aisek

Hey Everybody it's over, sorry it took long for me to comment I was not really feeling the last episode it gave me the happy few moments of jm/hk being real comfortable and funny with each other but left me with an ending I had to imagine......the writers are L-), i don't want to imagine I wanted the real thing of them getting together. I was happy for the old man and women getting together, also can compliment the writer on making mj/hr give support to hk to do what she wanted to do and if that meant being with jm. In my opinion they could of did a little more bit but let me just be satisfied that they have a heart for others that aren't their parents. Anyway it was a truly a ride watching this drama, like this is my second drama that I have commented on soompi and I thought this drama was gonna go well but it just wasted :!! the only good thing was reading everyone insightful comments and me becoming of fan of shin da eun, she has now become my second k actress crush, hope she get a new role soon.... I wonder sometime what happen at that second conference with the press why did they change the story or did a new writer come in because if a new writer did come in I want to know their name so I can avoid them, yes i am petty like that. 
further more into my long post is the finale was completely going to be my end of watching dramas but then today i got really good news that so I might be definitely be joining my third forum in Golden Cross because Lee Si young, only she can pull me in as a k actress to watch all her dramas. So hope to see you lovely posters again

• 2 months later...
Guest tookie18

I apologize for the late comment, however "A Little Love Never Hurts" just ended airing in my area this past weekend. I was able to watch the show from the beginning, was not able to keep up or read the pages on the thread though. I think I read about two pages so if I am repeating what someone else has previously said, please forgive me.  Will not be able to list everyone's name but just know that everyone, cast and crew were excellent. Must say that I was delighted with this drama, in my view there was a lot of original material written for this show.

It was such extremely nice and refreshing thing that Harim and MinJoo were allowed to get married and actually live together for at least six episodes, the audience was allowed to see their courtship, honeymoon and marriage. It was so much fun to see the couple interacting with their family on both sides and each other. In the KDrama world the couple in love usually gets married in the very last show, then they just stand there looking or glancing at each other about ten feet apart never even touching then the show fades out. I realize  that I have not seen every drama, however, this one is a first for me to see the couple actually living together and enjoying each other. Also, am elated that JaeMin's father and MiJoo's mother were allowed to get married, it happened on the last show but it work out for the best. It was nice that the families on both sides came to the realization that were not God and allowed the circumstances and relationships to flow naturally. The older couple had a strong bond with each other.

It was nice how MiJoo's mom, dad and stepmom and JaeMin's father came to terms with facts of their past that caused hurt to their family members. Loved how the step-mom was put in check by her husband for trying to step into MiJoo's mom's place when she is still alive.
I was so  glad that JaeMin's adulterous and stuck up second eldest sister was not allowed to break up a family. She ended up with a younger man which there is nothing wrong with that as long as they love each other. No one hardly ever frowns on an "Old Dude" being with a young woman but when an older woman marries a younger man sometimes there is an uproar.

Glad that the issue regarding the "side Dish Lady" and "The Judge getting together was brought to the forefront. There are many cases where I live where hole in the wall side dish stores, hamburger street carts and chicken joints have become global conglomerates. In Harim's case he was wealthy, however his desire was to become a chef. There are many cases in the world where there are affleunt and/or educated people that leave their so-called high status jobs to open a restuarant, "Roach Coach" (Food Truck) or some kind of shop. These types of people are just fullfilling their desires and dreams to do what makes them happy instead of being trapped by their wealth. Sometimes when I go out on the street the street cart vendors are frying up some peppers and onions and whatever else and it smells good and looks delicious, plus people are lined up to buy the food.

So delighted JaeMin's mean sister duo finally woke up, especially, the eldest one that was so strick with her family and prude with her husband. It was a good thing her husband was kind, thoughtful and a psychologist, he knew how to deal with her antics without separating from his family. It took their father to fall ill in order for them to wake up and realize that he needed love from someone other than them. Geez, they were so mean and disrespected him too much in his old age, my heart truly went out to him. His love for MiJoo's mom was very strong.

Overall, I enjoyed "A Little Love Never Hurts". Just hope that Jaemin and Kyeong were able to marry, maybe move away to China to manage the company there and have a home and a cute little family. There is more I would like to say but should end here, they are many more outstandings points that I did not cover.

I give this show two thumbs up, am aware that I borrowed this line, however, it is the first thing that jumped into my mind.

Guest tookie18

I throughly enjoyed "A Little Love Never Hurts" and hope to see more kdramas like it. Originally is the key.

Guest tookie18

Forgot something that moved me when the drama ended. Hope this is my last post in here, just could not help it.

It was a good thing that the birth secret was outed early on in the show and we did not have to wait fifty episodes to find out about it. I like the way JaeMin knew at an early age and was raised and adored with love and care by his father's wife, whom he considered his real mom. The clincher was everyone knew, eventhough, everyone knew the truth there were a lot of hard feelings regarding his father having an affair but I think that is better than not knowing anything.

It was tragic that JaeMin and HaKyeong had to endure so much pain and agonize over their relationship. They are such a cute and caring couple, they forsook themselves and their love so there families could have happiness. The thought at the end was that they should not think of what anyone else wanted them to do or opinions of others. Hope they are living happily ever after somewhere together in KDramaland.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i  am trying to upgrade my idol status  and looking  for  dramas to  watch  so i  can  post  more  comments and in  the  process  elicit  awesome, insightful, lol when iencountered this  drama. i  never  paid attentiontoir  when  it  was currently  showing  i  got  confused  with  so  many  characters.  and currently  i  am  only  watching  2  weekday  dramas  and  2  weekend  dramas.  i  can  only  post  so  much. but  this  drama is  proving  to  be a  revelation.  it is  quite  fun  and  han  go  eun character  is to  hate  for.  so  fari  a,  on  epi 10  and  it  is  becoming more  interesting  by  the  epi.  but is it  true  after  30  epis,  there'll  be  a let  down?

• 3 weeks later...

@LadyGmerm i  am  currently  watching  'a  little  love  never hurts'  and  i  agree  with  you,   there is  no  problem with  hr  and  mj,  hakyung  and  jaemin  and  jaemin's  dad  and mj'smom pairings/ i  can't see and don't understand  the problem. they're not all  blood related . i  am  a  catholic  and in  our  church,  relations up to  second cousins  are  not  allowed,  in  this  case by  law  and blood relations,  they're  all legally free  to  marry.what  i  find a little squirmy  but  not  really  inapropriate is if  mj  gets married to hr  and  consequently hk  too jm  . they'll  be  in laws and if  they  happen  to live  in  the  same  house  or  when  they  see  each  other  at family  gatherings  then  it  will  be  a  little  awkward.  but  there  is  no  legal  impediment  to  all  these  pairings,  much  ado  about  nothing.

• 10 months later...

Archived