Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

*** Park Seo Joon says he doesn’t see IU as a little sister, but, as someone way greater during a recent press conference for "Dream".  It shows his humility and the respect he has for his fellow actors. He also shared that he gained more respect for professional football players after experiencing the difficulties of running on grass. He said -   :Ohboy3:

"I just had to practice that. Besides that, I strengthened my physical strength and tried to imitate playing. I prepared mainly on the lower half of my body. Once I ran on the grass, I noticed how different it is from the bare ground. It wasn’t as bad as sand, but I felt like it was holding my legs. I felt how amazing football players are and it made me cheer for them even more."

I'm really excited for this movie because this will be Park Seo Joon’s first production in many years after "Itaewon Class".  He stated he was nervous.   :kaching1:

tuvkGoYX-Qq_B_-H332zlokUeK8jXKiqYPLPeJew

118891347.1.jpg

source : https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20230418/118891401/1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** In the afternoon of April 18th, Park Seo Jun was at one coffee shop for an interview with the press and he said why 'Jinny's Kitchen' would not be complete without BTS V. He reacted positively to V joining the show, "V and I are close, so I know how hard he tried throughout our shooting. He provided a good balance to our show. If you have been watching our show from the start, you'll know our work process. The show wouldn't have been the same without V, especially in terms of entertainment. It would have been a big loss for us if he wasn't with us. Thanks to his presence, I had much more fun as well. I believe a little bit of conflict brings the show to perfection. I think I made over 100 bowls of ramyeon while I was there. I feel like I cooked my whole life-worth of ramyeon at the restaurant. I usually have like one packet of ramyeon every month. I tried to get things done as fast as I could, because I didn't want to make the customers wait. And since it may be the only Korean dish they'll ever have in their lives, I wanted to cook well for them every time. Yes, I know that we don't serve anything fancy, but I really wanted to present all the dishes nicely, and also make them taste good. I'm not sure if it was my area to feel responsible for representing Korean food, but I had this sense of duty. I felt very responsible." To this, one reporter asked, "Does your approval mean V is promoted to an assistant chef?" He laughed then claimed, "No. I do think he showed a great performance in the kitchen; he was certainly outstanding. He did his best, and I'm fully aware of it. But it's still way too early for promotion."   :Megalol:

201774796_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

*** In the afternoon of April 18th, Park Seo Jun had an interview with a news outlet about his recent film 'Dream' and that he looks like 'Korean No. 9' soccer player Cho Gue-sung came to the surface. Cho Gue-sung's name covered the internet worldwide ater the 2022 FIFA World Cup and tagged as a 'Handsome World Cup Star'. One of the famous claims was that he is the Park Seo Jun of the soccer field. Cho Gue-sung admitted that many people have told him he looks like Park Seo Jun. So, what does PSJ think of the claim? "I'm honored to be compared to someone who accomplished so much in the World Cup. Just to have my name next to that of a national soccer player makes me grateful."  Park Seo Jun is so humble. Then he jokingly added, "However, there's a little part of me that says his popularity is incomparable to mine since I have debuted far before him."   :kaching3:

201774450_700.webp

201774451_700.webp

• Like 2

*** Park Seo Joon shared his struggles as an actor for the past four years as most of his projects were delayed when he sat for an interview and candidly expressed his thoughts on not being able to meet viewers during the interval. He said that the reason he's acting is to show all the sides of himself. He added that it doesn't matter to him if his work receives good or bad feedback, as it gives him the energy and meaning to continue working. "I had been working on various projects for a long time, but then the years that I couldn't show the audience anything made me feel tired. I felt like I was losing my reason for acting and it caused me to think a lot. Filming and acting makes me feel alive, but I got tired from waiting for feedback because the project has been delayed for such a long time. If this period had gotten any longer, I would have thought about taking a hiatus. Through  'Dream,' I would be able to spend time meeting the audience and seeing the reactions of people around me. To me, this moment is very important and necessary." Being absent on screen and having no produced shows worried him. "I feel like having no place to recharge my energy. It's normal for those my age to have such worries. Overcoming this problem is something I have to do, and working hard on what I'm given is not just my personality but also the way I protect myself." Park Seo Joon will have more works to be released this year. Aside from the movie "Dream", his another film "Concrete Utopia" and Netflix's series "Gyeongseong Creature" are also in discussion for release in the second half of this year. Lastly, his Hollywood debut film "The Marvels" will be available in cinemas in November. With his upcoming works this year, he said "I am extremely grateful that I can finally let you all see my performances. I'll try my best in every given situation, and hope to achieve my goals this year."  I'm excited to watch all of his upcoming works.   :heart:

park-seo-joon.png?w=820

photo source : Kdramastars

• Like 1

“Dream” Park Seo Joon, “I gained respect for football players after acting in this movie”

20230418184928860fysj.jpg

Actor Park Seo Joon talked about his upcoming film “Dream”.

Prior to the premiere of his new movie “Dream”, actor Park Seo Joon had an interview with the media at a cafe in Sogyeok-dong, Seoul on April 18th.

“Dream” tells the story of conceptless former football player Hong Dae (Park Seo Joon) and passionless PD So Min (IU) challenging impossible dreams with a national football team consisting of homeless people. With this movie, Park Seo Joon will return to the big screen and greet the audience 4 years after the 2019 film “The Divine Fury”.

Park Seo Joon picked director Lee Byeong Heon as the No.1 reason he decided to star in “Dream”. He explained, “I was very impressed when I watched PD Lee Byeong Heon’s movie ‘Twenty’ for the first time. Then I continued to enjoy his other works, such as ‘Be Melodramatic’ and ‘Extreme Job’. I really liked his work and had always wanted to have a chance to work with him.”

When asked about how he prepared to play soccer player Hong Dae, Park Seo Joon said, “I practiced football whenever I had time”, adding “I went to a morning football club to practice. I focused on improving my stamina and maintaining it throughout the filming period.” He continued, “After acting in ‘Dream’, I gained respect for football players. After the casting was confirmed, I learned about the purpose and meaning of the Homeless World Cup, which is to give hope and courage to people.”

Regarding his experience of working with director Lee Byeong Heon, he said, “It was not easy to follow his directions although I prepared in advance. After trying to talk more quickly on the set, I was able to get used to his directing style.”

Park Seo Joon also revealed that he doubted himself on the path of being an actor during his rookie days, but when he let go of his ambition and stubbornness and accepted the situation, he felt like more opportunities came to him. He shared, “Even when I received good reviews from the director, it didn’t mean I was getting a good role. Instead, I was told to look forward to the next opportunity so I never felt like giving up”.

In fact, even during the Covid-19 pandemic, Park Seo Joon continued to work hard by filming various works, such as “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”, “The Marvels”, etc., and appeared on entertainment shows, such as “Youn’s Stay”, “In the Soop”, “Jinny’s Kitchen”, etc.

The actor shared, “I don’t want to make a stable choice because I feel like it won’t motivate me. I need to keep challenging myself to have a reason to do this job. I’m a person who creates a situation and throws myself into it with all my efforts”, adding “I think if I can just impress the people who like me, it’s half the success. Of course, I do get stressed when taking on new challenges (laughs). Sometimes I challenge myself just to feel stressed. I’m trying to find out what I can do best. I want to make myself proud.”

Lastly, he said, “I haven’t changed much. More people recognize me now than before, but I’ve always been grateful for that. I’ve been thinking about how to give back the love I received from my fans, and I think I should repay them through my acting”.

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230418184928856

• Like 2

*** Park Seo Joon revealed his experiences of working with director Lee Byeong Heon in “Dream” during a recent interview. He said, “Actors Hong Wan Pyo, Yang Hyun Min, Heo Jun Seok, etc. have already worked with director Lee Byeong Heon for a really long time, so I asked them for their know-how. I asked for their tips on how to do well in a movie directed by PD Lee Byeong Heon. They told me that the director is a genre himself, and it’s more important to understand his intentions and digest his directions well rather than be stubborn and insist on my ideas or acting style. It was not easy at first, but I tried to get used to it in my own way. After filming a scene in one take, the director gives feedback on my speed and feeling when saying the lines. At that time, I tried to find or feel the director’s intention. He would even act out the lines himself to explain his ideas, and although his voice and face were different from mine, I could feel the changes in my performance after receiving his directions. Although delivering lines is important in scenes and with roles that have many dialogues, it can be boring or interesting depending on the speed and rhythm of the line performances. I thought a lot about matching the director’s directions and put a lot of effort into my acting. I think I learned how to work with the director better through this project. This could become a weapon for me, and I can use it in other works as well. At first, I expressed my own ideas, but there were many times when I had to follow the director’s viewpoint since he looked at the entire picture rather than just from the view of my character. Senior actors told me that director Lee has a wide strike zone, and the range to get an ‘OK’ from him is very wide. He gave clear directions on what he wanted to see, but he also let the actors do whatever they want in scenes that allowed free acting. For example, there was no direction given for the scene where I visit my mother. I could feel that director Lee is very good at adjusting the overall production.  Nothing has changed. I think it is the actor’s job to fill in the empty spaces after understanding the setting and scenarios of the script. However, these days, I try to feel or think of various things to change while shooting. I try to feel more emotions because they seem to bring more liveliness to my acting performance.”    :Ohboy3:

20230418181928544zbtp.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230418181925119

• Like 1

*** In a recent interview, Park Seo Joon opened up about his experience on the show "Jinny’s Kitchen." He opened up - “I’m not very good at expressing myself. I think I’m not very sociable with acquaintances or my parents. I have a hard time being friendly, but I do try to express my feelings somehow. Even when I try to change, it doesn’t seem to work well. I have a rather blunt side.”

Blunt? But, not with his Wooga Squad, though. He always shows a warm and affectionate side to his Wooga family. I guess because he's with close friends. Watching the show, he has so much fun, that it seems he's not working. I love watching this show because I have an exposure to simple Korean food. And it leaves me a good impression about K-food.   :twerk2:

When asked if there was a reason why the Mexico episode was particularly difficult, he explained, “We were jet lagged for the entire 10 days, and we started working as soon as we arrived. The camera was rolling 24 hours a day, and since our main job wasn’t running the business but filming, it was tough. As I was working at the store and thinking about other things, there was even more to worry about.”   :rubchin:

0c2ecb49-c4c8-44de-9cac-f964987bf281.jpg

source : https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/379487

• Like 1

*** On April 19, cast of the film 'Dream' appeared on the YouTube channel of Plus M Entertainment, the film's distributor. Park Seo Jun said - "I became so tanned that my skin tone changed completely and also worked out a lot to look like a soccer player. It wasn't easy." Heo Junseok who played 'Hwang In-guk' reads the question, "Which of the actors clicked with you the most?" He said -"I think I should leave out the brothers I previously worked with. Then there are two, Park Seo Jun and IU who I met through this project. But, if I had to pick one, it would be Park Seo Jun."  :7555_attack:

201774960_700.webp

201774963_700.webp

*** This is a special edition of the magazine with two different versions to celebrate the release of the movie “Dream”.  This photoshoot is a collaboration with Big Issue Korea, the official organizer of the Homeless World Cup in Korea.  Since Big Issue Korea sells magazines to help the homeless find jobs and safe housing, this special edition will deepen the message “Dream” wants to convey to viewers.   :wut:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Park Seo Joon and IU in Big Issue magazine cover

20230421091905742ensf.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230421091902221

*** Director Lee told reporters during a press conference that this film "Dream" was particularly difficult as it was a project from long ago. He was also keen to cover homelessness issues carefully. The film is being released eight years after it was conceived. He said - "I felt it was like a mission for me to resolve bias against (homeless people) and also felt like a homework to find the middle point to not to comically depict that part.” Lee said that he is also curious about how the audience would view his new film.   :twerk2:

credit : Korea Herald

*** ‘Jinny’s Kitchen’ is in top 10 in 14 countries and regions according to FlixPatrol. The show is No. 1 in Indonesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam. It is No. 2 in Hong Kong, Japan and Malaysia.; No. 4 in Kazakhstan; No. 6 in Cambodia; and No. 10 in Bahrain. Also, episode 9 of the unscripted show aired on April 21 had posting the highest daily sales. And according to Nielsen Korea, the episode of the show got a nationwide rating of 8.402 percent in South Korea.   :ohboy2:

RATINGS FOR "JINNY'S KITCHEN"
EPISODE / AIRING DATE / RATINGS in SOUTH KOREA
(NATIONWIDE / METROPOLITAN AREA)

1 Feb. 24, 2023 - 8.792% / 10.338%
2 March 3, 2023 - 9.347% / 11.12%
3 March 10, 2023 - 8.39% / 9.39%
4 March 17, 2023 - 8.578% / 9.852%
5 March 24, 2023 - 7.598% / 8.649%
6 March 31, 2023 - 8.924% / 10.839%
7 April 7, 2023 - 8.097% / 8.893%
8 April 14, 2023 - 8.666% / 9.952%
9 April 21, 2023 - 8.402% / 9.913%

Jinnys9_D_ced9402461.jpg

Jinnys9_F_17b70e9d9d.jpg

Jinnys9_E_29bf287d72.jpg

Spoiler

jinnys9_G_0da8fa3e29.jpg

photos source : Manila Bulletin

*** Reporters gave a brief review on the upcoming movie “Dream”. They said that the acting performances of actors are very impressive and admirable. Although the story is expected, it still makes the audience laugh, and even though you know some scenes will aim for tears, you still end up crying. The director's unique way of expressing the character’s emotions with seemingly monotonous but subtly intense lines, adds to the fun of watching. The good points about this movie are that it highlights the existence of the Homeless World Cup and it tells a heartwarming story for all family members to enjoy together. However, if you want some explosive fun and interesting scenes, well, there wouldn’t be much. Its running time is 125 minutes.   :popcornjackson:

dream-11-042223-1024x683.webp

dream-2-042223-1024x683.webp

dream-22-042223-1024x682.webp

Spoiler

*** "Jinny's Kitchen" is one as the top 10 non-drama TV shows that generated the most buzz in the second week of April on Good Data Corporation’s list. The company determines each week’s rankings by analyzing data from news articles, blog posts, online communities, videos, and social media posts about non-drama TV shows that are currently airing or set to air soon.    :rubchin:

1. Mnet “Boys Planet”
  2. JTBC “Peak Time”
  3. JTBC “Win or Nothing” (“Strongest Baseball”)
  4. tvN “Jinny’s Kitchen”
  5. MBC “Fantasy Boys”
  6. MBC “Home Alone” (“I Live Alone”)
  7. ENA PLAY/SBS Plus “I Am Solo
  8. tvN “You Quiz on the Block”
  9. JTBC “Knowing Bros” (“Ask Us Anything”)
  10. SBS “Running Man

Most-Buzzworthy-TV-Shows-2.jpg

credit : soompi news

*** Now, Park Seo Joon and Han So Hee are filming the "Gyeongseong Creature" S2. I’m super curious about the drama since production of the second season is underway even though the first season has yet to air.   :Woah:

20230423_175802.jpg?w=1024

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2023/04/23/park-seo-joon-han-so-hee-film-gyeongseong-creature-2/

• Like 1

*** Ahead of the release of the film “Dream,” IU joined an interview and talked about various topics regarding the film. Regarding her chemistry with co-star Park Seo Joon, she remarked, “I had high expectations for filming together with him. Park Seo Joon is a flexible and quick-witted actor. We started filming with some nervousness without having talked much in private, but it was rather comfortable once filming started. Since the relationship between So Min and Hong Dae (their characters in the movie) is not so good, I think a little bit of nervousness helped. When it was possible to get close with him before, filming got interrupted repeatedly due to the COVID-19 pandemic situation, so we couldn’t get much closer personally.”

“Dream” will hit theaters tomorrow, April 26.   :rubchin:

dream-002.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0001584771

*** "Dream" will be released on theaters tomorrow, April 26. I hope that Korean film industry will get back on its feet again and that this movie will be a box-office HIT! It’s not that the cinemas are still empty like they were during the pandemic, but the reality is that the top box office hits that have been attracting moviegoers recently all seem to be all foreign-made films. Korean film directors have not stopped working. They just don’t seem to know when to hit the release button. This month, the three biggest multiplex companies — CJ CGV, MegaBox and Lotte Cinema — are providing subsidies for domestic films opening in the country, leading to the release of “Rebound,” “Killing Romance” and “Dream.” Although,it is unclear whether this will be able to break the barrier.   :Ohboy3: