Park Seo Joon 박서준 ~❤❤️ [Drama 2023: “Gyeongseong Creature”] || [Movies 2023: “Dream”, “Concrete Utopia”] [Upcoming Movie 2024:“The Marvels”]

serenilmauve

Drama series with low-quality plot that are saved by quality cast and acting

Thanks to the cast and their acting, these dramas got fair ratings and many achievements. 

Hwarang

By gathering a stellar cast, such as Park Seo Joon and Park Hyung Sik,  “Hwarang” was thought to be foolproof.

However, once the drama was aired, it came under fire for a supposedly terrible plot, and much more for its historical wardrobe. 

Nonetheless, thanks to a natural acting style and a tremendous support from fans, “Hwarang” received a fair rating and many nominations for individual acting. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/drama-series-with-low-quality-plot-that-are-saved-by-quality-cast-and-acting/

• Like 2

***To choose long hair or short hair for PSJ, I feel like he only suits short hair. He looks more fresh and has youthful look. His looks in Hwarang and the recent "Marvel" teaser, they're not bad but, it definitely could be better. Sorry for my ignorance about "Marvel", is he a bad guy here?   :rubchin:

• Like 1

*** Park Seo Joon and IU are all set to greet fans with their upcoming movie ‘Dream’ later this month. He recently made an appearance on the radio show Cultwo Show. Aside from him, Joon, Kim Jong So and Heo Jun Seok were two other people from the movie team who showed up for an afternoon interview at the show. He talked about the movie and said  that the movie was a good fit for audiences of all age groups for it was a mixture of reality and humour. When asked about working with IU, he said that while he has long been a fan of the actress, working with her has left him even more impressed. He then added that he was excited to work with IU even before the filming began and that collaborating with her was a great experience.   :kisslevel:

• Like 1

*** Yesterday, April 13th broadcast of Cultwo Show“, Park Seo Joon revealed that the secret of his 185cm height is because his father made him jump rope a lot when I was young, and I think that helped me a lot. I did a little too much. For 3 years, I did 10 laps of the playground and 2000 jump ropes every morning. I wonder if my father took me and my brothers out because he wanted to exercise. We worked out almost the same. Thanks to that, I always ranked first in terms of physical strength until my third year of high school.”. He talked about the movie, “It’ll finally be released after 3 years. The film is based on the true story of the Homeless World Cup. It has humanism and comedy, and it’s a movie that people of all ages can enjoy. Korean movies are very difficult these days. I hope you’ll visit the theater.”   :ohboy2:

20230413155935674okeg.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230413155935931

• Like 2

*** Also, during the SBS POWER FM's radio show 'Cultwo Show', Park Seo Joon revealed that IU 'performed a miracle' in Hungary's capital―Budapest. He mentioned to them being in Budapest for a month for his shoot, and how IU magically changed everything there once she arrived in the city. He said "Since we had a lot of scenes where we played against other nations, some of us, including myself, headed to Budapest earlier than IU. Budapest was well below freezing at the time of our arrival. The problem was, we couldn't wear anything else but a short-sleeve T-shirt for our shootings. We were icy-cold. As soon as IU arrived in Budapest though, something magical happened. Immediately after she arrived, the temperature went up all of a sudden. It went above zero. It had suddenly become much warmer. It was a miracle!. We had to wear a thick padded coat the whole time we were in Budapest prior to her arrival, but we didn't have to anymore following her coming. It really was like some kind of magic. We thanked IU for that until this day."  :Woah:

201773088_700.webp

source : (SBS Star)

• Like 1

10 K-Dramas About Long-Lost Connections Turning Into Present-Day Love

Healer-Its-Okay-to-Not-Be-Okay-Whats-Wro

There are those who love to hate but end up hating to love, and then there are childhood buddies who smoothly transition to lovers. But there’s also a third category of those who have had an encounter in childhood and moved on. A chance meeting in adulthood sends sparks flying, and they realize they have a past connection. The childhood backstory has been a favorite trope in K-dramas, the coincidence of having met before and how fate aligns couples together years later. Here are 10 such K-dramas when leads fell in love and realized it was meant to be after all.

“Kill Me, Heal Me”

Kill-me-heal-me-36-540x360.jpeg

Oh Ri Jin (Hwang Jung Eum) is a psychiatric resident who runs into Do Hyun (Ji Sung) at the hospital. She later realizes that it’s not Do Hyun she encountered but the rockstar Se Gi, one of his many personalities. Do Hyun is an heir to huge company but has been disturbed given his mental health issues. He has a dissociative identity disorder and “lives” with six other personalities, each of whom come to the surface depending on the situation he is in. Do Hyun has created these personalities to deal with his traumatic childhood memories, which continue to haunt him. When Ri Jin’s inquisitive crime novelist brother Ri Oh (Park Seo Joon) starts investigating Do Hyun, old skeletons tumble down. Ri Jin and Do Hyun share a troubled past as children, and it is the memories of those events which are linked to Do Hyun’s current state of mind.

“Kill Me, Heal Me” is a well crafted show, a psychological drama entwined with suspense and thriller. Ji Sung’s brilliance as an actor comes to the fore as he articulates the many personalities of Do Hyun’s characters. From its seemingly tense moments, the show is also peppered with humor. One particular scene is when Ji Sung acts as Ahn Yo Na, a K-pop loving teenager who has taken a liking to Ri On and gushes upon seeing him. This scene was so unforgettable that it created a meme fest of sorts amongst fans.

Start watching “Kill Me, Heal Me”:

Watch Now

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

secretary-kim-540x360.jpeg

Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) is an heir to a fortune and the most eligible man around town. However, the self-assured Young Joon is extremely dependent on his secretary, the super efficient Kim Mi So (Park Min Young). Mi So has been taking care of his office for nine years, and she finally decides to resign, leaving Young Joon in a dilemma. As Young Joon cajoles her to stay, he also finds himself falling head over heels in love with Mi Soo. But a twist is that Mi Soo has been trying to look for a young boy with whom she had been kidnapped with as a child. Though she is told otherwise, her hunch keeps leading her towards Young Joon.

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” is a winner all the way. Funny, cheesy, and very romantic, the steamy chemistry between Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young is sizzling and makes the show totally worth your while.

Start watching “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 2

*** The SBS Power FM Radio, which ran an interview featuring Park Seo-joon  and other "Dream" cast

was in the two o' clock program slot. Here's the video clip : PSJ described the movie as a human comedy for men and women, elderly and young viewers alike. In response to a call-in question about why he's so popular, he admitted that he thinks the main reason is because he's handsome.   :blush:

https://youtu.be/-JsaNooFEMw

video source : William Schwartz

• Like 1

*** Ever since "Jinny's Kitchen's" premiere, the show has maintained a stable viewership rating with a steady rise. With the release of its latest episode, (EP8) the show recorded one of its high ratings. The episode starts off with a shot of the crew of 'Jinny’s Kitchen' as they head toward their restaurant. The minute the staff arrives at their restaurant, they encounter a couple of guests who are already waiting to make a reservation. It's another busy day at Jinny’s Kitchen commences. It also had a cancelled reservation.   :sweet:

• Like 1

*** "Jinny's Kitchen" took No. 5 on Good Data Corporation’s list of the non-drama TV shows that generated the most buzz over the past week.   :popcornjackson:

The top 10 non-drama TV shows that generated the most buzz in the first week of April are as follows:

1. Mnet “Boys Planet”
  2. JTBC “Peak Time”
  3. ENA PLAY/SBS Plus “I Am Solo
  4. MBC “Fantasy Boys”
  5. tvN “Jinny’s Kitchen”
  6. tvN “Amazing Saturday”
  7. MBC “Home Alone” (“I Live Alone”)
  8. tvN “You Quiz on the Block”
  9. KBS2 “Fun-staurant”
  10. MBC “The Manager”

Most-Buzzworthy-TV-Shows-1.jpg

credit : soompi news

Homeless football players, star athlete and unenthusiastic producer come together in 'Dream'

Actors IU and Park Seo-joon [CHO YONG-JUN]

Director Lee Byeong-heon’s “Dream” (2023), starring actor Park Seo-joon as football player who involuntarily becomes the coach of a homeless football team, working with IU, an unenthusiastic documentary producer to take the team to the Homeless Football World Cup. [PLUSM ENTERTAINMENT]

What do you get when you put together a football team with homeless players, a foul-mouthed athlete as the coach and choose a passionless producer to shoot a documentary film about them? The answer is "Dream," the upcoming sports comedy directed by Lee Byeong-heon featuring actors Park Seo-joon and IU as the lead.

However, unlike recent sports-based movies, “Dream” is not as full on.  

“One key difference is that the characters in the film are not aiming for the highest; they are starting from behind, aiming for average,” said director Lee in Monday’s press conference at Megabox Coex, southern Seoul.  

Directed by Lee, who was also behind the 2019 hit film “Extreme Job” which surpassed 10 million in ticket sales — a threshold at which a film is deemed a commercial success and a dream come true for all film directors — “Dream” revolves around star football player Yoon Hong-dae, played by Park, who involuntarily starts coaching a football team with homeless players before meeting Lee So-min, played by IU, an unenthusiastic producer shooting a documentary about the team.  

Shooting for “Dream” started three years ago and continued throughout Covid-19, but the ideas for the film came almost a decade ago, shortly after a story about eight homeless Korean football players broke. The players joined the Homeless World Cup, a football tournament consisting of only players that are homeless. While the Korean team came last, with only one win, director Lee said he wanted to share the story with as many people as possible.  

“When I first read about the story, I thought, ‘Why have we not heard about this?’ and I hoped to introduce the story to more people,” said Lee.

“That’s why I decided to make it into a movie, an easy format for the public to watch and enjoy.”  

“If we shot the movie back then, I would’ve had to pretend to get tired. But now, I didn’t even have to act [laughs]. I was just being myself being tired, and I think that made it more natural,” said actor Ko Chang-seok, who first received scripts for the film almost eight years ago.  

During the press conference, director Lee remained humble and described the film not as one that could benefit the Korean film industry, but one that could comfort people.  

“I believe there are a lot of exhausted people, not just in the Korean film industry but also in general. I hope the film can offer some consolation and provide support to everyone,” said director Lee.  

Despite it not being a full-on sports film, the actors received intensive football lessons and training, including lessons from the coaches who led the Korean Homeless Football team.  

“I found out that balls can't be controlled. We prepared as much as we could, but there was always something we didn’t expect,” said director Lee.  

“I tried to pull it all off. Were there any scenes where I seemed awkward? I really tried my best for the role,” said Park.  

Director Lee Byeong-heon and the cast of "Dream" at a press conference for the film on Monday at Megabox Coex, southern Seoul. From Left, singer and actor IU, actor Park Seo-joon and director Lee Byeong-heon [YONHAP]

Director Lee Byeong-heon and the cast of "Dream" at a press conference for the film on Monday at Megabox Coex, southern Seoul. From Left, singer and actor IU, actor Park Seo-joon and director Lee Byeong-heon [YONHAP]

IU, on the other hand, said she saw some of herself in her character.  

“I was first attracted to the role because I never tried such role before,” said IU. Having played many roles where her characters had deep backstories and hidden narratives, such as in “My Mister” (2018) and “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo” (2016), IU said she wanted to play someone who did not have a dark past or secret agenda.

“I found Lee [character] both similar and different to me. As someone who made an early debut, started my career early, saw society and experienced a low period of life, the role was not something completely new to me.“

“Dream” will premiere in theaters on April 26.

BY CHO YONG-JUN, LIM JEONG-WON [cho.yongjun@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** According to industry data reports, (KOFIC) Korean movies continued to struggle with weak ticket sales and audience numbers in local theaters last month (March) due to a lack of hit films. I hope it picks-up this month. I hope "Dream" will be a HIT box-office wise.   :Ohboy3:

*** “Jinny’s Kitchen” recently is receiving hate because some can’t relate to the show. This portion of viewers vent their frustrations,

This is so real for Jinny’s Kitchen… They open their store at 2pm, but have a break time at 4pm, then they open for dinner service at 6pm, but they close shop at 8pm. It’s insane how they work for only four hours but whine about how hard it is and that they want to just chill.

— Twitter

Actually, this isn't a variety show but a documentary, so, no matter how many hours someone chooses to run their restaurant for or how much they whine about how hard it is… Why are they the one getting angry? I can’t understand it.   :weary:  :tears:

ebN5IBoJNXOVSOyrxYEwPzP1u2mDQ4NAilHVNskR

source : https://theqoo.net/index.php?mid=hot&filter_mode=normal&page=3&document_srl=2775643874

*** During an online video interview held TODAY, April 18th, Park Seo Joon gets tips from Ma Dong Seok on joining "Marvel" movie  who had already joined the Marvel Cinematic Universe through Eternals. During an interview, he was asked about the movie and he mentioned that many people are curious about the upcoming film. However, he added that he would like to refrain from giving out any spoilers due to his contractual obligations. With a laugh, he humorously added that sharing spoilers could be fatal for him. He went on to say that he looks forward to having enough conversations about the film when the time comes. When asked if he received any advice from Ma Dong Seok, he responded that he had many conversations with him. “Being someone who tends to worry a lot, I asked him for tips on what the filming process would be like on-site. The level of professionalism on set and the amenities provided, such as trailers to wait in between scenes and separate meals, impressed me.”   :7555_attack:

20230418114918517qmfx.jpg

20230418114918304jcch.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230418114916544

• Like 1

*** Yesterday, April 17th, a press conference for the movie “Dream” was held at Megabox Coex in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. During the press conference, Park Seo Joon, alongside other cast members, answered questions from reporters. He clarified suspicions regarding him using CG and body double in the upcoming movie since he showed a strong and muscular body in the trailer of the movie. He was asked if he used a body double or CG to enhance his body. He said - “Not CG or special effects used but my real body”.   :wut:

Park-Seo-joon-2-170423-1-768x1152.webp

Source: Nate

• Like 1

*** Park Seo Joon’s behavior towards IU gains attention again from netizens at a recent presscon on April 17th because his behavior has always been like this towards other stars. He really has a great personality. Park Seo Joon has always proved to be a true gentleman. Park Seo Joon gained attention for his behavior towards IU when the event started. All of the cast came together to make their way to the assigned seats. Park Seo Joon came out before IU and he went to pull out her chair before she got to the seat. He did it so not obvious so she tried to move the chair herself before seeing it was already out. It’s not the first time Park Seo Joon has proved to be a true gentleman. He never ceases to stop showing that he is just nice. Whether it’s fans, other stars, or his friends, he is always caring towards them and doesn’t make a huge deal out of it.   :shaq:

Xea7EU1lTP8g3YVKUUzeBdb50dokODId6TtwfRhS

Source: PICKCON