[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

Guest blueivy

It was one of the best Korean drama I've watched. It was a welcome fresh of breath of air. It was exquisitely done, the weaves of mystery, secrets and Romance wrapped together into a intricate and stunning twine. It makes me laughed, cried, sing, danced and play hop catch in my bed.

As for me, the unbearable who has been floating in my conscious and unconscious mind was DH mother. As a grand mother to San, it pains me listened to her wishy washy excuses. She's such brooding and uncanning characters.

As I said before, I'm spitted with the ending. Yes I got the happy ending indeed as I drooled all day BUT!!!!!!!!!,......

I am still catching my breath and hopes until tomorrow night, but already spoiled a little bit by taking a quick glimpse of pictures! lol!
I guess i will not have many of you here tomorrow night and today the number of visitors  had decreased, either because many are disappointed, many are done with it, many just lost the interest because end might have been a typical cliche etc etc... fighting lets hope for another drama that KEEP US "GLUED" TO THE SCREENS and sharing our thoughts and possibilities! 
All we can do is get over the endings because they can be annoying or few times even good and just move on to a new addiction ... I started following Empress Ki and so far liking the story but honestly the waiting 1 week for more is frustrating when you get into a drama... specially when after all the emotions you bring out  the end is not what you expected errrrrr...Will say my goodbyes to everyone here tomorrow after watching but hope to meet you guys in other soompi threads! Bean great fun!

Guest baha0902

first time post.. Thanks writer for the good ending. It makes the drama worth watching...
quite dissappointed with final episode at the beginning since it took half an hour for san's slot.. which i hope more yj-mh slot... :)
Thanks for all secreters for everything especially the dramacrecappers.. screen recappers n drama review... it makes the drama double interesting... Well done everyone..

uglypearl said: I just want to say to Bae SooBin,  playing as DoHoon is jjang... He could have a best supporting role in this year's drama awards.
I hope next time, he'll be the lead guy on his next drama...and I hope he choose a sweet, romantic comedy one.
He mostly play the second lead or the villain in previous dramas ...
I hope I can see him not rot in jail again or have a broken heart again  from the lead girl in his next drama.

Quick opinion. San is illegitimate and is not in the family register. Besides that eventually DH's mum wants him to marry. San will probably not be acceptable to the girl's family. Have to apply Korean society's society's standards not the international audience here's standards.

Or is San in the register? Because I don't think his mum would have allowed it.

Like a few others I waited to watch ep 15 until the finale was over I didn't have the will power to avoid the thread.. But that's ok. So tonight with a glass of wine in hand I will watch the last 2 episode

This has been a great ride ... Not only because it was a great drama, but because of the many terrific people that are on this thread.

So thanks to all of you for such a great experience. I will no doubt be a lurker on another thread ... You have set the marker high as being a friendly, informative secret society lol

Take care everyone!!!! :x \:D/

I have so many comments on the final episode -- but I'm killin'deadlines at the moment ~so I'll just drop this and return later.
ulud.jpg

Really? Chincha?  ...(Flips 1,000 tables) ....you figured this out...when?  /insert HUGEST EYEBALL ROLL EVAR/ 

:D

Guest 5r1july

Thanks for all recaps for such great recaps... always make me happy only just read your recaps before I can download the video... jeongmal gamsahamnida 종 말 감 사 함 니 다 =D> =D> =D>

Hopefully we can meet at another beautiful drama >:D< >:D< :(( :((

I am still waiting on the fully subbed episode on viki, but this is what I saw from the raw. SY finally got a clear thought and a conscience and realized that she was a catalyst in the death of someone but also because of her selfish twisted attitude she lost a man that really could have loved her if both of them were not so crazy (DH). I am glad she let MH go but I think she deserved to be punished for the things that she did.  Fading out and sending a post card does not work for me, but Heck I can't have everything that I want and I got a lot from this drama, lets not be greedy. Her alone somewhere works. 
DH had no choice but to look in the mirror that is his mother since he realized finally what a complete screw up and awful human being he is and where he got it from. It is bad that he had to face San being alive and happy with another family to realize how much wrong he did to YJ and ruined his own life. He should have been under the jail. Waiting so late to regret his actions shameful. Had he thought about all his dirt before he knew that San was alive he could have found some type of redemption. I guess looking at the face of innocence did it, but HELLO YJ was an innocent soul as well and the mother of your child and you ridiculed her for her capacity to love and give love as well as being mad that the person who sacrificed so much for your lying cheating family kept appearing in front of you. 
I said all I needed to say about San in an earlier post. 
The true person to run K-group should have always been KM, he was the most dedicated and deserved it. Dad still seems to be caught up on his son running it, but I think step mom was trying to tell him to let him be. I read a post that said that MH and Yj needed time apart. I agree they did. Now they can start anew with nothing holding them back. 
I am glad that we got a chance to see the other characters wrapped up.  (Really wanted to know what type of herb oil Sandra was drinking. Cause I do not want to ever take that.  You will end up preggers. lol been there done that and got the t-shirt. )

As much as I wanted more time with our OTP's I am very happy we got a happy ending. It really could have gone the other way considering this is a melodrama. Thank you Writer-nim and PD-nim for giving us what we wanted. You gave us an ending that really worked well for this drama. 
all of this and I have only looked at it raw and partial subbed. Imagine if I see it fully subbed. 

Guest jjsweeter0211

DateEpisodeTNmS (%)AGB Nielsen (%)
NationwideSeoulNationwideSeoul
2013-09-25014.74.75.35.5
2013-09-26024.14.35.75.9
2013-10-02036.26.67.27.9 (19th)
2013-10-03047.8 (18th)9.1 (14th)10.7 (11th)12.7 (9th)
2013-10-090510.6 (9th)11.8 (7th)12.4 (6th)14.2 (4th)
2013-10-100611.9 (9th)13.1 (6th)14.6 (3rd)15.4 (3rd)
2013-10-160712.4 (5th)13.4 (5th)15.1 (3rd)16.2 (3rd)
2013-10-170812.9 (6th)14.6 (5th)15.3 (3rd)16.4 (3rd)
2013-10-230913.0 (5th)14.9 (4th)15.3 (4th)16.8 (3rd)
2013-10-241013.8 (6th)14.7 (6th)16.3 (3rd)18.4 (2nd)
2013-10-301113.2 (6th)15.9 (4th)15.7 (3rd)17.3 (3rd)
2013-10-311214.6 (3rd)17.2 (3rd)16.7 (2nd)18.8 (2nd)
2013-11-061313.3 (5th)15.5 (4th)15.8 (4th)16.9 (3rd)
2013-11-071413.4 (6th)15.6 (5th)17.3 (3rd)18.9 (2nd)
2013-11-131513.3 (7th)14.7 (5th)17.4 (3rd)18.6 (3rd)
2013-11-141615.4 (4th)18.0 (3rd)18.9 (3rd)20.6 (2nd)
Average11.3%12.9%13.7%15.0%

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Secret_Love/Episode_Ratings

Guest nesschino83 .

I just saw the last episode with eng sub...I cried a river...And the ending...Oh, so sweet...It seemed like feel good tipe of ending that you only see in american movies...and I LOVED IT!!!!Now I want to salute you all and thank you again for this wonderful moments we shared and I will see you on the next awesome thread when another awesome drama is going to be made.Special thanks to @tessieroo...@LdyGmerm...@Janett...@SeGafanlady...@Hiyaya-Iguana's Soap... I laughed...cried...and screamed with joy at your posts... I want to thank @Thorby too for the insightful posts...and all the amazing live recapers...that had their eyes set on the screen and fingers glued on the keyboard...^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Kamsahamnida!!!Saranghe!!!

@Cattx Do Live In The Corpus Christi Area By Any Chance? Because I So Know a That Hit & Run Happened In C.C Tx. It's Sad That Happened, Netizens Blaming The Parents For Nit picking Up The Kid From Work...The Man That Commited The Crime Wanted The Judge To Be Lient On Him Cuz He Didn't Want To Lose His Job, He Had Bills To Pay & He Had No Money So His Family Couldn't Pay the Bond If Momery Serves Me Right. It's Great. That The Kid Is Soing Great As Can Be Expected and Still Has A Long Road To Recover. But Yeah DH Was Not Drunk That Night And He KNEW It and Fled...

Guest lettykay

Just want to thank all the recappers, thank you so much, also to everyone thank you for all the amazing, fun, interesting posts.

Ldy Gmerm said: I am still waiting on the fully subbed episode on viki, but this is what I saw from the raw. SY finally got a clear thought and a conscience and realized that she was a catalyst in the death of someone but also because of her selfish twisted attitude she lost a man that really could have loved her if both of them were not so crazy (DH). I am glad she let MH go but I think she deserved to be punished for the things that she did.  Fading out and sending a post card does not work for me, but Heck I can't have everything that I want and I got a lot from this drama, lets not be greedy. Her alone somewhere works.

Guest KrystaIce

i take back everything i said yesterday, today's ending was perfect..despite the fact that DH and SY finally realized what they did was wrong by themselves, i think that was actually better.but then i still kinda feel like SY's realization was a bit too quick but watevesand although many ppl didn't like how the writers brought san back, i think it was for the besti think the only way for DH to finally realize his sins was to bring san back and see what he had lost (since nobody else could get DH to see it) i think DH needed time away from the corrupt adult world and take a step back to see the good in life(?) to finally realize his mistakes
"-with the success of your debut drama, we're anticipating for your next dramai want to become a writer that won't leave out any of the characters in the drama. in the end, a drama is showing people's life story so we shouldn't leave out even one person "
i think i'm gonna watch all of her dramas. honestly, i think all of the loose ends were tied up MH's sis's 'birth secret' although it wasn't much of a secret since she knewwhat really happened that nightwhat happened to sanall of YJ's friends were able to get a happy endingi loved how the writer didn't forget one person in the drama. she's really true to her words x)
and the ending scene. the last few mins? omg... MH and YJ..YJ calling MH 'minhyuk' for the first time... <3 <3 <3
the only complaint that i have is that i wish there was more MH and YJ scene at the end xD haha like an epilogue?geez... it's been such a long time since a drama ended well..thank you writers. i can't wait for your next work. i know it'll be good^^

Guest falloutjane

The debate about San and the allocated timeslot given for him. SEE! IF HE REMAINED DEAD (as I still think he should be!) THIS WOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE! Hur. Man, I'm totally not a mother material. However, I think that given that only 30 minutes out of the whole series was about San, I think it's pretty fair. Considering that this is YJ's son and she was deeply affected. At least we didn't do the whole discovery of San being alive way earlier and every episode is spent looking for him somewhere, all the time. I also loved the fact that she was wise about her decision with regards to San. To yank the kid back to her would really do more harm and it was not like San had been mistreated. I love the fact that there are still windows open for them to be together even with the whole Imo issue. And possibly, the reconciliation between them when San's older. But all those unnecessary scenes about Papa Sajangnim and Mistress, Secreatary Ahjussi and Stepsis bla bla bla, THOSE PRECIOUS MINUTES COULD HAVE BEEN ALL ABOUT OUR OTP.

In any case, really this whole drama is strangely not about the first male lead. This is totally BSB's shine. This drama is about DH and his fall right from the start. He carried that secret in him all throughout and it was satisfying to see him grovel. I'm not surprised that San is the one that eventually broke him because really, he started off as the good guy. The college boy who was so adamant about bringing justice and defending the weak. So there were some good in him just that it got buried under his greed.

A part of me wanted YJ to be more active in bringing him down though although I understand that there was only so much she could do, with her limited resources. Also there was no way to prove that he forced YJ's dad out of his car or anything of that sort. An a.ss for leaving him but there was no way YJ could prove that there was malicious intent on his part when he did that. So when he asked YJ what could he do to prove that he was sorry, she just said he should know what needs to be done. And rightly so. Nice to see him man up a little, and rise above his greed and evils to do something right.

Also although I pine for more OTP scenes, I think the fact that the past 15 episodes had been so emotionally taut between the two and there were plenty of scenes between them, I am pretty alright with it. Of course, a little of the whole STARE YOU HARD INTO ULTRA FANGIRL thing that MH does so well, I wished for that bit one last time in 16. So maybe that could have been put somewhere. Or maybe more of MH doing the whole stalking thing even after he's married and YJ being aware of it. That would be very wrong but swoony. Hur.

Also, I keep wondering about the timeline. The thing about the time jumps in this show is that it's nebulous. We don't really ever know how much time has since passed which annoys me because I need to get my timeline together. I want to know how long is it that our OTP was apart. But since Herb Oil got pregnant and went to labour, I'm guessing at least 9 months to a year. That's not too bad considering that everyone pretty much got their lives back on track.

And I agree, while the entire 15 episodes have been superbly makjang, to have the end being so sunshiny tangents off in a direction not quite in tandem to the tone of the show. But I guess one way or another we would be critical. If the ending had been left open-ended, we would be all SO DID THEY GET BACK TOGETHER? WHAT THE HECK KIND OF WEAKSAUCE ENDING IS THAT?!?!?! And this sunshiny way, there is no doubt about the ending. And I think those two deserve their sunshiny end.

<3