[Drama 2013] ★ Secret | Secret Love 비밀 ★

Guest msmall

What a ride that was. And were it not for those final minutes, I would have walked away feeling a lot more dissatisfied. Not that a happy ending cures all ~ the ending could have been happy or sad, as long as it made sense ~ but „ours” not quite as well.

Today’s ep as a final ep didn’t exactly wow me, since including yesterday’s. I wanted to love this finale. And for that, I am truly sad.[i shed „blood, sweat, and tears” for this drama.]

There was an inevitable rushed feeling that came from having so much thrown at us in these final two episodes, yet most of it didn’t emotionally resonate with me as it should have, simply because we weren’t given adequate time to really process what was happening.

Up until the fifty-five minute mark, almost every auxiliary story going on was more interesting and immediate than MH and YJ’s story, which shouldn’t have really been the case. 

[at the risk of repeating myself] The drama was good, but the ending sadly never had a chance to be great. I had a good time, so I certainly don’t hate the drama or have any grudge against it. I just wanted more from it, because the story had potential to be much more complex

I just wish we got the emotional payoff for being faithful to the show.

I know I know, people will always tell me to shut up and just enjoy it already. But that’s not how it works for me because I like stories to not make my brain & heart hurt.

Brace yourselves, Secret Society’s citizens ~이제.여기에. 천천히 Now. Here. Slowly

그만해~ Enough

처음 하는 말처럼 ~ Like saying it for the first time  ->THANK YOU for the memories, the tears, the laughs, the insomnia, the love, the shipping, the heartache, the heartbreak, the nail-biting, the prayers and the great times. I take my hat off [i do wear fedoras] to you all: THANK YOU …Let’s meet again  ~ 다시 만나요~~~

Thanks every one for all the good recaps LOVE YOU GUYS.  Some wondered why so much of San 30 min. I think the reason why is. First the scenes sure pulled on our heart strings. Second they had to,because  so that it really sunk into HD's brain what he lost. The most cutest child and the most lovable women and for what. I mean the way he cried the snot run out of his nose that is deep intense crying. In the end he landed in jail anyway and he lost his job were he was so worried about. We all have to make decisions in our lives every day so that's why it is good to use our noodle and make the right ones.

Thanks so much, writers & PD, for give us such a beautiful, precious, unforgettable drama. Love, life, family, humanity, friendship.  You get all lessons you need.

Thanks all actors/actresses, for breathing enormous life into such complex characters, to the point that we can't imagine anyone else playing them.

Thanks so much also to the usual very beloved recappers, translators, & contributors. Without you all we wouldn't be able to enjoy the drama fresh from the oven like Korean people  :))  

For us who still thinks Secret need 1-2 more eps to really wrap things perfectly, don't forget that there will be Director's CUT DVD release later. There's a chance that all the deleted scenes combined will almost amount to 1 eps total time. Maybe they also have some deleted scenes for our OTP in last eps.

I love that the writers didn't do halfsies on MH x YJ ending. They didn't just make MH looks at YJ in the bakery from faraway distance, or end it with both of them facing each other but speaks nothing, or them talking but only with hinted/cryptic messages. They really go all-out with MH x YJ, sealed it so tight so that there isn't any room to doubt that they both will live together happily ever after.  A breath of fresh air among recent K Drama.

For the 5 minutes hot sexy satisfying ending of our cutest OTP, enough had been said by most of us that I don't really have anything to add anymore.
What I want to add is, I also love the airport scene. They both knows they need to repair themselves first before they can finally reunite, but both can't help but still want to see each other. And when their radar pick up each other's presence, the moment they stare at each other, it's like strongest opposite poles magnets just want to be glued as soon as possible. They know they can't do it that time but still drawn to each other, unconsciously go toward each other. I can feel how hard they resist not to hug/greet each other, b'coz if they succumb, then all their resolutions to make themselves better first, would be gone. 

I also love what KS said to YJ when he give her the bakery & MH's message: 

"Just accept it. You can pay it over the time... and please, do it slowly, little by little. B'coz that's the only way Boss can hear from you. It's the only way Boss can live. " 

We knows that MH must always see YJ so that he can breathe. Now that he can't see her & also shouldn't talk to her (so that his resolution wouldn't wane), he must at least knows how she's been, regularly.  So I think what KS means is, MH will knows that YJ is doing OK every time he receive her money transfer messages.

I will still visit this thread from time to time. Still waiting for DVD release info & ofc also for KBS Drama Awards.  I hope at the time of award show (Dec 30), many of Secret Soompi Society can gather here again, hopefully to clapping & congratulate the winning of HJE, JS, BSB, writers, PD  :x 

cahya said: I also love what KS said to YJ when he give her the bakery & MH's message: 

"Just accept it. You can pay it over the time... and please, do it slowly, little by little. B'coz that's the only way Boss can hear from you. It's the only way Boss can live. " 

We knows that MH must always see YJ so that he can breathe. Now that he can't see her & also shouldn't talk to her (so that his resolution wouldn't wane), he must at least knows how she's been, regularly.  So I think what KS means is, MH will knows that YJ is doing OK every time he receive her money transfer messages.

Guest SexyDolceVita

ONE THING I DON'T GET IS...

what DH's mom has said... the excuses she had given...
that... how could her son have raised San Ah?

But... why not?

What I don't get is...so in order for her son to become a prosecutor, he is not allowed to have a son tugging at his pants?
Raising a son would be a burden?

Why can't the DH's parents help to take care of San Ah while he goes to work?
I'm sure his salary is able to support his family.
But... why... DH's mom wanted to make all these stupid decisions for San Ah, decisions, which she thought were right?

How were they right during the circumstances then?
HOW?
Can someone help to explain it all to me?

DH's mom's weak excuses are just one of the few loop holes in this drama...though.

Guest SexyDolceVita

cahya said: Thanks so much, writers & PD, for give us such a beautiful, precious, unforgettable drama. Love, life, family, humanity, friendship.  You get all lessons you need.

Thanks all actors/actresses, for breathing enormous life into such complex characters, to the point that we can't imagine anyone else playing them.

Thanks so much also to the usual very beloved recappers, translators, & contributors. Without you all we wouldn't be able to enjoy the drama fresh from the oven like Korean people  :))  

For us who still thinks Secret need 1-2 more eps to really wrap things perfectly, don't forget that there will be Director's CUT DVD release later. There's a chance that all the deleted scenes combined will almost amount to 1 eps total time. Maybe they also have some deleted scenes for our OTP in last eps.

I love that the writers didn't do halfsies on MH x YJ ending. They didn't just make MH looks at YJ in the bakery from faraway distance, or end it with both of them facing each other but speaks nothing, or them talking but only with hinted/cryptic messages. They really go all-out with MH x YJ, sealed it so tight so that there isn't any room to doubt that they both will live together happily ever after.  A breath of fresh air among recent K Drama.

For the 5 minutes hot sexy satisfying ending of our cutest OTP, enough had been said by most of us that I don't really have anything to add anymore.
What I want to add is, I also love the airport scene. They both knows they need to repair themselves first before they can finally reunite, but both can't help but still want to see each other. And when their radar pick up each other's presence, the moment they stare at each other, it's like strongest opposite poles magnets just want to be glued as soon as possible. They know they can't do it that time but still drawn to each other, unconsciously go toward each other. I can feel how hard they resist not to hug/greet each other, b'coz if they succumb, then all their resolutions to make themselves better first, would be gone. 

I also love what KS said to YJ when he give her the bakery & MH's message: 

I will still visit this thread from time to time. Still waiting for DVD release info & ofc also for KBS Drama Awards.  I hope at the time of award show (Dec 30), many of Secret Soompi Society can gather here again, hopefully to clapping & congratulate the winning of HJE, JS, BSB, writers, PD  :x 

thank you to everybody.  i really enjoyed this drama and your company.  it is so nice and refreshing reading all your comments - maturity can be read from the comments.
i'll watch secret from the episode one now. i started watching it from the episode where she got out of jail - the first few episodes are so painful to watch.
again thank you.  i had fun. 
btw, will be watching master sun too - highly recommended by some people here. 

WOW! BRAVO! MAGNIFICO! EXCELLENT DRAMA!!! =D> =D> =D>
What a ride! A Roller coaster ride of all the emotions that you can think of. 

Thanks to all the recappers and posters. I'm just silently reading the posts full of sense here and I would like to thank you all for your effort in keeping this thread alive. It's not like any other thread, that most posts are about the main lead and not the story or the drama itself. 
Kang Yoo Jeong's son name is San... Kang San which means Kang-river and San-mountain... what a beautiful name, Mountain River.
The last scene of YJ and MH, I want to complain why it's too short, it was so sweet :x and I was hoping for more scenes of JY-MH but then END. I was like that's it? No more scenes of them together? But then, ok drama you're forgiven because you gave us a beautiful excellent drama that we will not forget...
So...Thanks to the actors and staff and crews who are behind this excellent drama. I salute you all ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
I hope I can find something worth to watch after this. 

Guest nesschino83 .

SexyDolceVita

said: ONE THING I DON'T GET IS...

But... why not?

What I don't get is...so in order for her son to become a prosecutor, he is not allowed to have a son tugging at his pants?

But... why... DH's mom wanted to make all these stupid decisions for San Ah, decisions, which she thought were right?

HOW?

DH's mom's weak excuses are just one of the few loop holes in this drama...though.

Guest SexyDolceVita

nesschino83 . said:

SexyDolceVita

said: ONE THING I DON'T GET IS...

But... why not?

HOW?

Guest 5r1july

Chairman Jo is eating with Step-mom

Step-mom says something about MH
Chairman Jo says something and Step-mom smiles

DH is in prison
The guard calls his name
He got a postcard from SY
(why is the creepy music playing?)

YJ is at her bakery
The unnies are helping
They're drinking coffee

LMAO - Sandra comes in, she's pregnant

What pregnant??? Ommo

IT WAS NICE TO HAVE WATCH WITH ALL OF YOU. THE WAVE OF EMOTIONS SECRETS HAS PUT US THROUGH. THE JOY THE LAUGHTER THE MADNESS THE SADNESS AT THE END WE ALL FELT THE GLADNESS.
UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN LET'S KEEP OUR SECRETS TO TH END.

IT WAS SUCH A FUN DISCUSSION.

Guest 5r1july

MH tells YJ that he is no more a boss, so YJ should call him by his name.

YJ calls him by his name a few time and they kiss to end the drama.

MH tells YJ that he is no more a boss, so YJ should call him by his name.

YJ calls him by his name a few time and they kiss to end the drama.

Thanks for your recaps... you're so awesome... jjinja daebak :-bd :-bd =D> =D>

SexyDolceVita said: ONE THING I DON'T GET IS...

But... why not?

HOW?

Well my friends thanks everybody so much...i can't belive it's over...i had a great time... most of us we'll meet on HEIRS forum...i can't watch KBS 2 online so i'll be reading kbs2 dramas comments and watch online sbs or mbc...Till we meet again!!!

AGB Nielsen Thurs 14/11 Prime Time Drama Ratings: 

1st:  KBS2 Secret                                        Nationwide    18.9%  (3rd)                 Seoul    20.6%  (2nd )
2nd: SBS Heirs                                                                   15.9%  (5th)                              17.5%  (4th)
3rd: MBC Medical Top Team                                              didn't placed                                didn't placed

http://www.agbnielsen.co.kr/

Congratulations, Secret!  Almost 19% for your finale. And happy it broke 20% in Seoul.

From 5.3% to 18.9%,  from 5.5% to 20.6%.  Good job, drama, to fourfold your own ratings, hold the record of 10 consecutive episodes without rating down (even after that, the rating only decrease 2 times).  Above all, so proud that you can keep hold  #1 against strong competitors.

Now waiting for year-end award. Let's see how and whether KBS will reward this drama properly.

Guest SexyDolceVita

Janett said: SexyDolceVita said: ONE THING I DON'T GET IS...

But... why not?

HOW?