[Official] SPARTACE COUPLE KimJongkook-SongJiHyo

Hahaha.. When they are playing the cute poem game.. KJK spill a secret that he isnt a single lol. There shouldnt be trouble if he single when Jisoo declared that he'll be hers lol. Yet, he automatically said he is in trouble. And maybe it just me, but YSC was also glancing at SJH when commenting that part. 

And also, right after Eun Jung's turn (when they discussing her poem, theres a hint of jealousy at SJH. She seems to be in 2 mind either to laugh or be mad. And she dont look directly at KJK as well.

edit:

At the end of the episode during the waterbomb penalty, I would like to remind KJK that his teammate is Jisoo, not SJH. tyvm. 

:D  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Hai guys!! I was on vacation, and i barely came home this evening (in my city and country). The first thing i did was watched the recent episode LOL! (Nope, i'm kidding, i managed my family first and than watched it). Because in my vacation, i did not bring my laptop, so i just watched the clips on IG and read all your post here, so when i know spartacers seems quite in IG, aahh i realized there's non spartace moment obviously! And because this ep is about couple race, so SA screen times must share with others(there's MANY couple there!). So here what i think about this ep 409:

Spoiler

For me, this episode really good, and like KJK said to YJS in the opening segment, "Jaesuk hyung, let's work, c'mon let's work" So this is clear for him that was work and they must did that profesionally. So when he straightly picked Jisoo curtain, instead SJH, i didn't mind it. And it's rare to see SJH 'seduce' (is it the right words?) or i may say 'tease'? guest.

Interesting coincidence is, SA sharing friends/partners LOL, is it really coincidence or....?? recently they sharing Sechan ( SJH &SC partner in RM bowl game, and celebration Swiss team at KJK HH BBq restaurant, And then KJK &SC at MUD boxing game), and now they are sharing Hwang Chi Yeol, LOL! ( KJK & HCY duets & groups in 'The Call' and now SJH want him to be her partner in RM), yeaahh sweet coincidence isn't it?

And there's always Tiny whom share the sweet bts, i wonder why tiny always take selca picture of our SA separately?Sometimes i feel Tiny's IG like SA connector, LOL.

8 hours ago, smartace said:

Hahaha.. When they are playing the cute poem game.. KJK spill a secret that he isnt a single lol. There shouldnt be trouble if he single when Jisoo declared that he'll be hers lol. Yet, he automatically said he is in trouble. And maybe it just me, but YSC was also glancing at SJH when commenting that part. 

And also, right after Eun Jung's turn (when they discussing her poem, theres a hint of jealousy at SJH. She seems to be in 2 mind either to laugh or be mad. And she dont look directly at KJK as well.

Really?? i must watch that again!!

8 hours ago, smartace said:

At the end of the episode during the waterbomb penalty, I would like to remind KJK that his teammate is Jisoo, not SJH. tyvm. 

LOL!! They are like alfa and omega, always together in the begining and the ending:D

so, that's from me, Spartace fighting!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, smartace said:

Haven’t seen the ep, but I think this is the scene. Look at HCY waving his hand in front of SJH. LOL

Credits as indicated. Thanks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

It’s been a while since I actually watched a RM ep. As expected, there weren’t significant SA moments, but I noticed a few things, some of which a few of you already mentioned:

1) During the intro, when SJH insisted that HCY be her partner, KJK said (and I’m paraphrasing) “Once she (SJH) has dibs on you, you can’t say no.” Apparently, it’s difficult to resist SJH. :) 

2) When it was time for YJS to pick a partner, the male members wanted him to pick either SJH or JSM. When YJS stalled, KJK motioned his head toward JSM, and told YJS to go to work. I felt this was an honest moment, giving us an unexpected view into how KJK thinks, basically suck it up and do the job. We may not understand what’s going on with SA sometimes, but we should remember that both have jobs and responsibilities. We don’t live their lives, so let’s be patient. Above all, let’s be respectful.

3) We’ve already discussed this, but I just want to re-emphasize that when everyone played the cute poem game and one of the guests picked KJK as her target, the moment she poked his muscles and everyone cracked up, SJH stood very still. To be fair, I focused largely on SA so didn’t really notice if others reacted with as little enthusiasm as she did. But the moment the guest poked KJK, SJH turned to look at the staff. She sorta froze. More interesting, HCY waved his hand in front of SJH, as if to get her out of whatever state of mind she was in. Was she tired, just in her usual mong state, or was it something else?

4) After one guest picked KJK’s name to use in her poem, Bora and Jisoo did, as well, with everyone ending up poking either his muscles or his chest. While the members downplayed the reason for using KJK, I felt that all 3 guests picked him because of the strong interest in his love life, also the fact that he’s had a few high profile lovelines lately. The lovelines and interest don’t bother me. I’m just struck by the fact that there’s an anticipation about KJK’s status not just among shippers but also in celeb circles. When he announces, he will not do so casually through a TV show. The news will be big enough that we’ll have a press conference, articles, etc. If any of you are concerned about the MUD preview, don’t be. I think it’s click bait.

5) I’m so glad that HCY was an official guest, instead of an incidental one. The first time he showed up was during the 7 vs 300 ep, and his screen time lasted only a few seconds. This time, he had more time, though much less compared to other guests. Regardless, he made a very good impression on SA and SJH fans. He was such a gentleman, but also somewhat of a dork, often following SJH’s lead especially during the final game. While SA did not openly interact, their teams often stood next to each other. I feel this is largely due to the fact that KJK and HCY both work on The Call. They know and like each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if KJK had something to do with HCY being invited. Him being partnered with SJH seemed like him taking care of someone close to and important to KJK. Their partnership was actually very sweet, especially the few times he said “Noona!” I already mentioned him waving his hand in front of SJH. I don’t follow him and definitely don’t know his inner circle, but I don’t think that circle includes SJH, yet he seemed very comfortable with her (and she with him). I know they worked together the whole day and SJH’s always friendly and gracious to all the guests, but I think HCY acted so familiar partly because of his connection with KJK. We may not see much onscreen, but bts we know SA are very close. That closeness would have extended to HCY, especially when filming RM.

6) After HCY partially blocked the spray of his gun so that less water hit SJH, the staff conveniently edited out KJK’s reaction though his team sat next to theirs. I know that’s a very small thing, but that moment stood out to me since so many of SA’s reactions and interactions keep getting edited out. HCY’s action was especially gentlemanly. I really wanted to see KJK’s reaction since he’s the original, ultimate gentleman. 

Anyways, these are just some of my observations. No matter what happens in the future and what others say, I focus on the little moments. The sweetest ones are often the unseen ones. 

Edit: Aah, I want to add one more thing - Eun Jung jokingly said that she buttered up to KJK because she didn’t want to get “hit” later. One of the members said that JSM’s the one in danger of getting hit. SJH piped up and said she’s the original one in danger of getting hit. I’m sure no one’s suggesting that KJK’s a violent, abusive person. He just nags a lot. SJH’s so laid back that she often lets things slide. It’s interesting that she inserted her primacy in this weird conversation about basically being on KJK’s good side. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mn0096 said:

Edit: Aah, I want to add one more thing - Eun Jung jokingly said that she buttered up to KJK because she didn’t want to get “hit” later. One of the members said that JSM’s the one in danger of getting hit. SJH piped up and said she’s the original one in danger of getting hit. I’m sure no one’s suggesting that KJK’s a violent, abusive person. He just nags a lot. SJH’s so laid back that she often lets things slide. It’s interesting that she inserted her primacy in this weird conversation about basically being on KJK’s good side. 

She did the same back in the episode with Kang Daniel and Noh Sayeon. The babyface actress hug KJK and she joins in as well. :D 

• Like 5

On 7/16/2018 at 2:46 PM, smartace said:

When he said "I'm in trouble" i remembered SJH said the same thing when Janghoon asked her whom her ideal type in MUD cast member (when she guested MUD) and then she hestitated, after that she said "i'm in trouble" after took some time, KJK's mom said she exclude KJK from the list, after that finally she said KGM, and we know the extend off this story, KJK's mom said 'jokingly' "i'am upset", LOL, and then SJH panicked, stood from her chair IIRC she said"Omoni, i thought KJK oppa not include in that", LOL!!

Edited by delusionalme
not done yet
  • Like 4

On 7/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, oepiin said:

Waahh..it's about 2months i'm being lurker in here..sorry, this roller coaster relationship between them i think just in "low season":huh:

I'm stalking hwang ci yeol ig and find something weird

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi6meDhgUrc/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=s7hwbxqg7c8d

He writes the caption "brother in law" , i use automatic translation and find that word. Is there something wrong with the translation?

Nowadays interaction between SA very limit, maybe coz they really busy with their project so they have to be calm and keep away from each other, minimize the gossip..but every time i watch the old rm, their interaction, their story, i choose to stay believe there's something more than just friend between SA:grin:

hold tight, pray a lot for the best

From what I can read from the post, I don't think there's a mention of "brother in law". The caption is something along the lines of: "During the shooting of The Call with Kim Jong Kook hyung~Let's make a cool stage. #KJK #HwangChiYeol #TheCall #Collab #(something I don't know, but I'm sure it's not 'brother in law') .

On 7/16/2018 at 12:36 PM, mn0096 said:

Haven’t seen the ep, but I think this is the scene. Look at HCY waving his hand in front of SJH. LOL

Haven't seen the episode w/subs either, but I also just LOLed at HCY waving his hands in front of Ji Hyo like that xD 

On 7/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, mn0096 said:

3) We’ve already discussed this, but I just want to re-emphasize that when everyone played the cute poem game and one of the guests picked KJK as her target, the moment she poked his muscles and everyone cracked up, SJH stood very still. To be fair, I focused largely on SA so didn’t really notice if others reacted with as little enthusiasm as she did. But the moment the guest poked KJK, SJH turned to look at the staff. She sorta froze. More interesting, HCY waved his hand in front of SJH, as if to get her out of whatever state of mind she was in. Was she tired, just in her usual mong state, or was it something else?

5) I’m so glad that HCY was an official guest, instead of an incidental one. The first time he showed up was during the 7 vs 300 ep, and his screen time lasted only a few seconds. This time, he had more time, though much less compared to other guests. Regardless, he made a very good impression on SA and SJH fans. He was such a gentleman, but also somewhat of a dork, often following SJH’s lead especially during the final game. While SA did not openly interact, their teams often stood next to each other. I feel this is largely due to the fact that KJK and HCY both work on The Call. They know and like each other. I wouldn’t be surprised if KJK had something to do with HCY being invited. Him being partnered with SJH seemed like him taking care of someone close to and important to KJK. Their partnership was actually very sweet, especially the few times he said “Noona!” I already mentioned him waving his hand in front of SJH. I don’t follow him and definitely don’t know his inner circle, but I don’t think that circle includes SJH, yet he seemed very comfortable with her (and she with him). I know they worked together the whole day and SJH’s always friendly and gracious to all the guests, but I think HCY acted so familiar partly because of his connection with KJK. We may not see much onscreen, but bts we know SA are very close. That closeness would have extended to HCY, especially when filming RM.

6) After HCY partially blocked the spray of his gun so that less water hit SJH, the staff conveniently edited out KJK’s reaction though his team sat next to theirs. I know that’s a very small thing, but that moment stood out to me since so many of SA’s reactions and interactions keep getting edited out. HCY’s action was especially gentlemanly. I really wanted to see KJK’s reaction since he’s the original, ultimate gentleman. 

I agree with a lot of your points! HCY was a very sweet guest and i definitely got that "kid brother" like vibe from him. He was eager to do his best and please JH and he was also a wonderful gentleman to her. I also noticed when watching the raw that his team and JK's team were often next to each other, which i would also attribute to their closeness on The Call: it wouldn't be too strange for others to see their team interact since JK and HCY have a friendly relationship. I definitely believe that KJK was integral in why HCY acted so familiar with her (instead of politely distant as he would have acted since he is not likely to be close to SJH. Neither JH or the other RM members made a comment about JH knowing him, so I'm assuming this might be one of the first times he has actually met her in person).

The MUD preview for this week was definitely a click bait for next week, but this is pretty typical of MUD since the show is about single men and audience interests would be peaked if someone from the show were to finally get married, lol. I've seen teasers like this for other cast members as well in previous episodes, but the situation is never the same as many would anticipate from the teaser, so I wouldn't put too much stock into it either. 

On 7/16/2018 at 12:29 AM, dydrawer said:

Kim Jong Kook vs. Tom Cruise, how's that for a preview?

If all Jung PD does with one of the world's biggest action stars promoting one of the best known action thriller franchises is pirate games, food games and Korean word games, I'm gonna rage quit.

Oh god, I really do hope that they will do a more "action" orientated episode w/Tom Cruise. It would be such a shame if they didn't! Besides, action type games are usually pretty simple to play/understand so there wouldn't be that much needed in terms of interpreting for the staff to do. (Side note: I really love how JK is able to help the team (and indirectly, the staff lol) a lot when they go to English speaking foreign countries because his English is so good. Just hearing him telling the Swiss workers who needed skis and who didn't or interpreting what Hana said to the chef during their luxury wine tasing, etc. reminds me how truly how capable and diligent he is as a person. I wasn't at all surprised at how comfortable Hong Jin Young (who is a bubbly and outgoing person) was with him, but I was really surprised at how comfortable Kang Hana was with him. It was very nice to see!) 

We're going through a slight drought period, especially since JH is going to be busy with a drama again, so I guess we all just have to patiently wait for the next thing to happen. Happy shipping everyone! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

As we have seen from the clip, one of the games would be "guess what's in the box" game, which is not a physical game. 

Although i'm hoping there would be some phy games, i would not be surprised if there isn't any. 

Afterall, we are talking about world class actor here....who should be protected from any kind of injury

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

As we have seen from the clip, one of the games would be "guess what's in the box" game, which is not a physical game. 

Although i'm hoping there would be some phy games, i would not be surprised if there isn't any. 

Afterall, we are talking about world class actor here....who should be protected from any kind of injury

I'm ok with anything as long it safe and funny! And i hope the rating will increase too, and off course fair screen time!

• Like 3

I'll be honest.. The reason I want a more physical game next episode is I think SJH is very interested in physical game as well.. which mean she will be more involved in the episode.. and hopefully, spill more SA moments. 

:D

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Adines Nugraha said:

Agreed. Fitness levels may be the same, but KJK’s taller and younger (compared to TC), and more experienced. I’m hoping for a good match up, but I’m also concerned that he’ll pull back because of the star power. Though it seems like TC, HC, and SP are very competitive, promoting an action movie, so they may be more willing to engage to fit the movie’s image. Fingers crossed that the staff doesn’t mess up.

• Like 5

To be honest didn't have much hope for this episode and then they prove me right with all the hype they have about the cast of MI visiting RM just to have them play games like those was just a waste of their time couldn't the staff members come up with something new and exciting for them to play he have them playing guest what's in the box, touch what's inside the box and name what it is and pop up I was like WTH couldn't they have come up with something better then those or are the pds and writer just to lazy to come up with something else for them to play. 

And don't get me starting on the members especially ks hitting jk hard while he was coughing while eating variety or not that is just not kool he could have choke while they were hitting but no it has to be entertaining. 

Back to SA we did get a some moments but not much when jh decided to back hug jk when everyone wanted to be on his team.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, twinlovers said:

To be honest didn't have much hope for this episode and then they prove me right with all the hype they have about the cast of MI visiting RM just to have them play games like those was just a waste of their time couldn't the staff members come up with something new and exciting for them to play he have them playing guest what's in the box, touch what's inside the box and name what it is and pop up I was like WTH couldn't they have come up with something better then those or are the pds and writer just to lazy to come up with something else for them to play. 

And don't get me starting on the members especially ks hitting jk hard while he was coughing while eating variety or not that is just not kool he could have choke while they were hitting but no it has to be entertaining. 

Back to SA we did get a some moments but not much when jh decided to back hug jk when everyone wanted to be on his team.

Haven’t seen the ep as usual, but I also went in with very low expectations, especially since (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) there weren’t preview photos of KJK with the MI team (except for the very tame one I posted in a recent post). C’mon, you’re going to have Ethan Hunt, Superman, and SP (associated at one point with the Dr. Who series) on, and not have at least one go up against Commander Kook/Sparta in a physical challenge? That’s what all the fans want, excitement that only comes when the stupid PDs step out of their gag obsession and appreciate RM’s true past. So, again, very low expectations. Still, I do feel a bit letdown, so I agree with you. There are so many more exciting games that are not physically over-the-top, but a better fit for MI, as @smartace rightly pointed out. 

Having said that, maybe (just maybe) the games resulted from negotiations between RM and the MI staff. I don’t know how long the three were there, but maybe their time was so short, RM had no choice. Again, trying to be fair, not that I even believe what I just said since Jackie Chan had only a couple of hours IIRC, and Jo PD still managed to give us an iconic episode. SMH, big time. 

As for SA moments, I’m glad we got more than the usual. Apparently, they pulled the same colored spoons and ended up on the same team. The ASMR eating game was cute and, regardless of their true equation, they were in perfect synch. True couple or not, seeing them sit and work together made me feel like a piece of a very chaotic puzzle dropped into place. Those two just naturally fit, I don’t care what others say. And, don’t get me started on SJH’s impromptu back hug of KJK since I’m such a sucker for tiny moments. I understand she was trying to get onto his team, but she could have done something else. I’m glad she didn’t, so it was still sweet. No way he didn’t know or feel what she was doing. Interesting that he didn’t even react. Used to it by now, KJK? :) 

Semi-rant, so I’m putting this under spoiler:

Spoiler

I love LKS, but what he did to KJK all in the name of variety was sh***tty. If I saw it correctly, KJK briefly chocked, and LKS still went hard on him. His bratty donsaeng shtick is getting old. Still trying to get revenge after all these years because Sparta “bullied” you? Yeah, right. That story only works if you don’t have ALL the advantages right now, and are not the PDs’ golden boy. News flash, you’re the bully now. The difference between LKS and KJK’s versions of “bullying:” KJK helped elevate LKS as LKS himself acknowledged, while LKS seems to really enjoy hurting KJK because it’s fun (“variety.”) Ofc it is, since LKS knows KJK can’t or won’t always fight back. SMH. The saving grace is, I think SJH gave KJK water afterwards. At least one member had some sense (and caring) left. 

More observations later (if any) after watching the ep with subs. Thanks, all. :D 

• Like 7

OK watched the episode and I agree I had really low expectations about this episode. Granted they only had one hour with TC, HC and SP but they could of made it more interesting. They didn't really have enough time but i bet if it was the old producers it would of been more eventful :(. It still made me laugh but I felt so embarrassed for RM since I've been watching them forever and it was a joke on playing those games with Top Stars.  Anyway i'm glad we got some SA action though.

Spoiler

I like how HAHA kept calling for SJH to help him with ripping off KJK name tag, he didn't call over LKS but SJH which shows how KJK has a weakness when SJH is involved. 

• Like 3