[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest orangegummybear

Not sure if anyone else watched Jang Ok Jung in Love but I hope that in this series, if TH and SN do eventually fall in love, I hope the same thing doesn't happen where SN becomes too power-hungry to try and place her son as emperor and TH has a falling out of love with her.Or perhaps SN doesn't truly love TH and is only doing this out of revenge because SN's feelings aren't clear since she smiled at TH but then shed a tear upon seeing WY. Plus after episode 6, SN has a vendetta against TH. But hopefully by this time, their misunderstandings are cleared and she marries him out of love and not ulterior motives. 

Guest avocado1430291863

@orangegummy..i watch jang ok jung..and i am afraid that thia saeguk isn't just love story drama but full with politics and revenge..and in the real life empress ki full with ambition with her son and this make the emperor become far from her..hopefully they dont make this happen..keep hoping that tw will get her love in the end

orangegummybear said: Not sure if anyone else watched Jang Ok Jung in Love but I hope that in this series, if TH and SN do eventually fall in love, I hope the same thing doesn't happen where SN becomes too power-hungry to try and place her son as emperor and TH has a falling out of love with her.Or perhaps SN doesn't truly love TH and is only doing this out of revenge because SN's feelings aren't clear since she smiled at TH but then shed a tear upon seeing WY. Plus after episode 6, SN has a vendetta against TH. But hopefully by this time, their misunderstandings are cleared and she marries him out of love and not ulterior motives. 

Guest orangegummybear

SeGafanlady said: don't worry.. she also loves him and they have a son.. the future Yuan Emperor.. Huizong died in a young age (50 years old) and Empress Ki vanished after her son (the Crown Prince) became a King. She probably went to a temple and become a nun in her old days.....Huizong was 13 when he became Yuan Emperor Togon Temur.. and Empress Ki is 5 years older than him.. they are together for 37 years (until he passed away)

edit : I watched Jang ok Jung too (until episode 18) and not dare finishing the whole series until now since I got badly traumatised.. both from the drama and the thread. hahahaha....

For those who has no idea who Empress Ki is... this woman is the true manifestation of ancient Cinderella. If there should be a symbol of from RAG to RICHEST... commoner to Empress... than Ki Seung Nyang is the ONE. She climbed the social Royal ladder one step at a time with her beauty, inteligent and smart movements. Emperor Huizong is on his royal knees when it comes to his Empress Ki. Anything she said is his command, so basically.. Huizong ruled Yuan Dinasty (the ancient super power Kingdom that possesed almost all of Asian Continent thanks to Genghis Khan and Khubilai Khan) with Ki Seung Nyang beside him. Huizong needs her as a King, as a man, as a best friend, everything.
talking about ancient Cinderellas... Jang Ok Jung or Jang Hui Bin maybe the original ancient Korean Cinderella but Ok Jung's scale is not even close to be call a competitor to Empress Ki (example : Yuan is the USA and Joseon is like Washington State). The powerful Yuan Dinasty conquered almost every nation that they want to.. Yuan Dinasty's golden age was still shining brightly and almighty during Huizong and Ki's time.. their Palace was covered in gold and other precious stones....
Oke I must pick up my daughter from school so talk to you again later dears....  :D

Guest Lyly1430292245

I'm afraid I have gone a little *crazy because of my longing for the next episode. I keep imagining what it would be like when TH falls deeper and deeper in love with SN. It's interesting because I think TH will be kind of... afraid of SN. He would be scared of her for her hatred towards him, yet at the same time, can not stand the thought of losing her to his heroic rival - WY. He would probably have to try anything to please her, while experiencing the agony, for the first time, of not winning the only thing he yearns for so much (for he was royal who used to have everything he wanted). With the king's favour and ..fear towards her (he's such a coward, remember?), SN might become a manipulative and cruel woman in the future, I'm afraid. :P
So we have this love triangle: 
WY the warrior, the hero, the respected king TH the coward, the pervert, the baby in love SN - hmmm I can't imagine how she will be like apart from being a strong-willed and beautiful girl, she seems to love her father so much and would plan the revenge her as priority for now.

Guest avocado1430291863

could some one give me the link of ep 7 in youtube after the show ended? because my internet is so slow and my live streaming is full with lag.Kamsahamnida

I started to watch this drama yesterday and i have to say that the opening scene is quite beautiful and full of feelings. I had chills all over my body. I knew ji chang wook is a talented actor and he just comfirmed it again. Directors did a reaaly good job while choosing the actors especcially the four lead actors. I'm looking foward this drama and especially what is going to happen to SN with those nice guys. And i am also looking foward the scene where baek jin hee 's character is going to be thrown out fron the court.... aaaahhh interesting

Guest Lyly1430292245

I replayed the opening scene again and found that TH looks kind of insecure even when he holds SN's hand. He turns to her, looking kind of unsure, and only seems to be a little relieved when she casts him a slight smile. What makes him so insecure when Seung Nyang is now officially his woman? That is the pain of marrying a woman whom you love more than she ever loves you. Poor Ta Hwan.