[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest Geumchi

chrissydiva said: I forgot to give Dangkise's credit for figuring out SN's identity. I know it was said that back then you couldn't tell the difference but I'm still skeptical. He was able to catch the first clue by the way she was running. He said SN ran like a girl lol Honestly if he wasn't such a creep and killed her mom, he'll be in the running of shipping hahaha At the end of this show, I wonder how many guys HJW will have chemistry with. I want Tal Tal and SN's scenes.

This is my first time seeing Ji Sang Wook in a drama and I have to say that he steals every scene he is in. Very impressive! I am loving the show, although I am concerned that it is too long for me (wow 50 episodes), but so far so good! I love Ha ji Won, great actress and Joo Ji Mo is great! Beautiful costumes and gorgeous settings and great acting make this drama a must see! It has been hard to wait for the subtitles, I read that MBC is doing that, and that's why it takes so long. It is tough to watch it raw first and the have to wait for 2 or 3 days for the subs instead of the usual 1 day. I hope they fix this, as the show becomes more and more popular. 

tessieroo said: @chrissydiva - 
I know, right? *kekeke* The kisses on another-drama-that-I-won't-name have completely ruined it for me. MEH - horrible. I agree about HJW and I know both actors do well on kisses too. (Joo Jin Mo from...Frozen Flower - although that was with a guy) And did you see JCW's kiss on "Bachelor Vegetable Store? Here's the clip: 

There's head movement, lip movement and closed eyes! SHOCKER! So yea, I'm happily looking forward to romantic kiss scenes. :D  I'm really looking forward to the reactions from both men to her being a woman. 

My poor babies! Please, SN, don't hate TH and forgive him, please! He is more selfless than you think. I understand she hates him right now (and any other reaction would be illogical and I'm not even angry she vows revenge) and while I understand her reasons perfectly; if you look at his situation unbiased you have to concur that Huizong stood in front of a difficult desicion and no matter his choice the consequences would have always been been terrible. tumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o5_250.giftumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o1_250.gif
He either could have kept the honour of a dying man or forfeit his own life and together with it also hope to revenge his father and almost certainly the fate of Goryeo, too. If he had decided to tell the truth El Temür who would have seen him as difficult to handle and would have gotten rid off him soon and after that he would have unleashed the full power of Yuan armies on Goryeo and pulverized it. In the long run, this was the wiser decision to make, even though WY and SN in their blind belief in justice and black and white view of good and evil can't see it other than a cowardly way out.tumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o2_250.giftumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o6_250.giftumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o7_250.giftumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o3_250.gif
The truth it that all three - Huizong, Ki and WY- stand against the same powerful enemy and right now they are helpless. It's an enemy you can't defeat with the strength of arms because Goryeo is like an ant against the vast armies of Yuan that El Temür has under his command. Their hope, their only hope, is to defeat him from within and TH is the only person in the position to do that.
It's all nice and all to talk about justice and liberty but has those speeches, no matter how riveting or inspiring, won anything for WY? Have they gained him the independence for his people he so craves? Have they helped him to lay waste to Yuan armies? No, they only managed to almost kill him. WY might be an upright and righteous man but to win this unequal fight he needs to be shrewd and astute politician to manipulate from behind the scenes which are clearly qualities he's been lacking while TH's has them in spades. That is why WY can't even subdue his own retainers. As I said before inspired speeches won't do it for him.
I hope SN will realize sooner rather than later that it wasn't really TH's fault her father died. Right now, she needs someone to blame (for her father's death and the suffering that Yuan has brought to Goryeo) and TH is a convenient target - the seemingly cowardly Yuan prince who has it all - but that's because she is powerless to take revenge on those who are really responsible for it - TH didn't ordered Commander's Ki death nor has he ordered any of those attacks - that's why she opts for an easier target. 
tumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o4_250.giftumblr_mwewenNJyV1rfspd4o8_250.gif
http://hinatai.tumblr.com/post/67257295884

• Like 1

SeGafanlady said: @tessieroo OMO!! Na doo neomu haengbokkhe chingu ya! So happy to meet familiar faces in this amazing drama thread.. (Harlem shake dancing) Yup I agree with you. In the real history, Budhasiri Queen Dowager was Huizong's step mom. But in this drama, do they made her as his birth mother? Well.. this is a drama anyway so it is possible that WRnim would change the story or not 100% adopting the real history. And FYI.. King Wang Yu character is also a friction.. So the silver lining of the drama has actually clearly written. This is about Huizong and Seung Nyang's love story.. with a love rival, intriques and revenge in it.

@hell59 - 
OMGosh, hon - I can't remember what episode that was in of "Bachelor's Vegetable Store". I know it was at the end of 2011? (I think) Maybe @CherKell can help, she's the expert on Ji Chang Wook. Here's some info about him:
http://asianwiki.com/Ji_Chang-Wook and he does have a thread here too:

http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/369044/ji-chang-wook-%EC%A7%80%EC%B0%BD%EC%9A%B1/p1

@aeterna009 - Oh, that's interesting! I had no idea the character of Tal Tal sides with Empress Ki. Thanks for that little bit of info! 
@briseis - Exactly, very well worded! 

aeterna009 said: Can't wait for this week's episode!! Since SN and WY are going to be together w/o TH, I'm expecting some skinship, kissing or whatever from this couple.. I'm a SN/TH shipper but I still want to see some SN/WY scenes to make my judgement right... kekeke.. The writers focus too much to Ta Hwan's character and he's chemistry with SN that people (I guess even in Korea) thinks he's the lead (or maybe he's the lead afterall).

With WY, I think he's character is somehow bland. From first episode up to now, he's character were not introduced properly and I must say too that he's so predictable. I guess here are the reason why many ship TH and SN:
1. Ta Hwan seems to like Seungnyang more than Wang Yoo does.2. TH have more interactions with SN than WY.3. People are anticipating TH's character development. WY is almost perfect that people are not expecting more from him.4. WY feels like the second lead. He keeps on reminding me of Kim Yushin (QSD) and Jeon Soo (Dong Yi). lol.. I love MBC sageuk anniversary drama.5. Probably, JCW looks more handsome than JJM.
As much as I wanted to, it's hard to root for WY this time, even after TH's "betrayal". WY is just lucky that he's not blamed to SN's mother death. I remember watching the first episode, I'm so angry with WY for letting go of the tribute carelessly. Though I know his young and his intention is clear, I think his action is stupid. Unless, the writers decide to tweak his character a little, more people will be drawn to Ta Hwan.

Guest JOSIEvang

I love this thread!!! xD I haven't watched a k-drama in soo long but I'm so glad to begin with Empress Ki, but then I have to wait for episodes to come out WITH subs so it's a bit too early haha. You guys update on so many pictures! Thank you so much! :D I love you people who ship Dangkise and Seungnyang! So open to many shippings lol. I find it really cute. I also found it surprising when the guy who plays Dangkise was born in 76'!! He's younger than Ju Jin Mo by 2 years and older than Ha Ji Won by only 2-3 years!  I totally wanna see Seungnyang with WangYoo, they're my favvvv couple. I feel like Ha Ji Won hasn't romanced with a character older than her in a while so I wanna see this couple blossom, thank God for 50 episodes. Ji Chang Wook is really cute though hahaha. Just my thoughts I wanted to post. 

I only checked a couple of minutes long footage and I'm impressed with this show, I think I'll tune in when I'm free. I should note that I had never seen Ji Chang Wook in any series before and I found his performance surprisingly good even in the short time I saw him. Well well here we have one talented young actor. Nice! 

@JOSIEvang it's really funny since his character is supposed to be much older than SN and WY since him and his brother look the same when the other two were kids. Reminds me when Jin Jin Hee was playing 18 in the Great Seer lol but he had on war paint during that time so he was able to get away with it not like the 3 leads of Horse Doctor.

Guest niknokdagu425

some insights all cr to @ladykate1023 twitter @ladykate1023: so from the spoiler..Tahwan couldnt read any letter so later SN will taught him how to do it..while he kept looking at SN <3 aww sweet~ Hajiwon's Interview @ladykate1023: filming horse scenes spent 8 hours n her legs was hurt bcos of it..aigooo >.< @ladykate1023: jiwon said she just got 2 hours of sleep then the MC gave another pepero to the PD to give jiwonnie time to sleep one hour longer LOL:D thanks again to @ladykate1023 for all the tips

Yea, it sounds like they're not sticking to the historical facts since the Emperor could obviously read and wrote poetry but in this - he's illiterate. It sounds like the author of the book made quite a few things up for dramatic purposes. (which is fine by me - the more "romantic" stuff added, the better)  :D

Guest sogongx3

hello everybody!! I want to start this drama but I have a question first ;) who is the main couple? I didn't really understand even though I read the synopsis :-/

Beekinga said: Ok, joining this band wagon.  Hello every one I recognise from yonder forums.
Watching ep 5 this afternoon, a thought suddenly popped up uninvited.  Has any of these saeguks that tell tales about women posing as men ever breached the issue of monthly menses???  I mean, wrapping bussoms in rags is all very well, but how did they cope with stomach cramps and copious bleeding in men infested barracks?

Guest Geumchi

niknokdagu425 said: some insights all cr to @ladykate1023 twitter @ladykate1023: so from the spoiler..Tahwan couldnt read any letter so later SN will taught him how to do it..while he kept looking at SN <3 aww sweet~ Hajiwon's Interview @ladykate1023: filming horse scenes spent 8 hours n her legs was hurt bcos of it..aigooo >.< @ladykate1023: jiwon said she just got 2 hours of sleep then the MC gave another pepero to the PD to give jiwonnie time to sleep one hour longer LOL:D thanks again to @ladykate1023 for all the tips