[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

ET really has the evil and frightening looks. They cast the right person for this role indeed. He fears nothing, murdering an Emperor those days was like going against Heaven's wishes. (Also being ancestors of Great Genghiz Khan/dragon bloodline etc when TH dared Bayan to kill him in earlier episode). ET did tremble while reading the scroll of the curse, still have the guts to go looking for culprits.. Real SATANIC.
TH loving SN so much luckily did not insist to have her buried alive next to his body when he dies. Wiki history mentioned he died around the 50's and Empress Ki over her sixties - and she disappeared? 50 by today's standard is considered still young, wonder how he died?
Anyway during my teenage years for History we studied on British, European/Russian, Indian and Chinese Empires and all the great men like Napolean B/ Hitler including the great Mongolian Emperors. Unfortunately did not cover Korean or Japanese history. I am exposed to Koreans only in the early '80s when they were involved in the highway projects in our country. Kdrama in a way is very educational for us. Just watched Capital Scandal and only realised tht Korea was once under richard simmons occupation too.

Guest avocado1430291863

Well I am just too afraid for my second lead syndrome for Uri Emperor...but after watched 16th episode...I am sure that he is the real lead....Sorry for WY's fans...but i think he well being is catalyst for what TH's did...and I think he should be the hero of the drama but not to be the lead....this is a korean drama...with nationalism spirit like them, they won't make story merely about the successful emperor from other country..I just happy that the korean viewer can accept the story about the emperor from other kingdom (...because please correct me if I am wrong..in my saeguk experience I never watch the lead man story is from other country... I think Bichunmo take set in china too but the lead is korea birth)...I think that's why the writer put soo much effort to picture TH complicated personalities...lol... thumbs up for JCW that make his TH getting soo many love :x

Katrina Abdul Talib said: ......Just watched Capital Scandal and only realised tht Korea was once under Richard Simmons occupation too....
I typed "Japanese rule" how come Richard Simmons pops out instead? Am curious as I notice this name being mentioned in many comments, what is Richard Simmons BTW?

I just rewatched the trailer and it seems ET is disturbed by Emperor's Curse (WY's letter). I think ET became more violent and suspicious toward TH because of It. I think ET is kinda unsure about himself. ET seems like he is desperate to show that the last emperor's curse won't affect him to others, but also to reassure himself. After all, back then, curses and divine rights played strong part.

petria said: Watched episode 16th late last night, been in coma for a few hours and now I`m back and I`m...

MAAAD at Wang Yoo X( X( X(.

I mean, DUDE, casting off Sung Nyang like that? And why? To PROTECT her?  :-q
First of all, who is the woman you think you love? Is she smart, brave and strong, selfconfident? Or is she a fragile beauty, tied with a rope to that awful pole and vails for your help?  [-X
Why don`t you accept her for who she really is? She doesn`t need your stinky chivarly, but your acknowledgement that she is your EQUAL, your partner in everything that you`re doing! [-(

And now, Ta Hwan has taught you a lesson: in spite of all his fearfulness, he is fighting for her, in every way he knows. Do you understand why? Because, she is his corner-stone, he welcomes her strenght, which you have rejected. Oh, The Little One has outwit and overcome you last night, without even knowing that. =((
Only a serious nervous break-down could restore your reputation in my eyes. [-(

(to be continued...)

Guest susany2k5_1

:) :) ok i'mwrong with the second lead- I stand corrected, thank you for the correction. HIm being the lead made me more happy-!!! and i agree JCW's character is very very complex. I know for sure there are so many secrets he keep. and i can't wait for him to unfold his wings and fly. He once said he is a dragon, i really hope his time for waiting would be over and he start to breathe fire :) am super excited in seeing the development of his character. 

Me too!! Me too!! I don't think our puppy is the second lead either! :D he has way more screen time than WY and his character is a lot more complex and interesting than the King! I don't think anyone anticipated JCW's popularity in the drama. He's literally killing it!!! I know at the moment he's the weak one out of the male leads, but it's only ep 16!!! How boring would it be if he became this super hero with great fighting skills overnight?? How would the rest of the 34 episodes pan out? I'm waiting patiently for my puppy to turn into a Dragon and become the powerful ruler that ruled Yuan for 36 years! Wooooooooop!! =D>

Guest anjshin

chillax empress ki fans... why not to root up for a next bathing scene instead of depending each other ships... a bathing scene from el temur will give this thread a real doom. lol. :D

anjshin said: chillax empress ki fans... why not to root up for a next bathing scene instead of depending each other ships... a bathing scene from el temur will give this thread a real doom. lol. :D

actually i think Dangkise's actor really like Hajiwon, the way he look at her just smoulders. haha. I even feel a stronger love from him than from WY!I am sure kiki will protect TH when danger comes, she will realise that after all the time that she spent with him, she care for him much more than she knows!

yoonmi66 said: On a side note: When WY confronted SN about her involvement in the blood letter, the resulting conversation reminded me a lot of Hwangbo Yoon and Chae-ok's conversation after her success in killing the bandits and finding the counterfeit coins - I liked HBY's method of handling the situation way better (i.e. understanding her heart, rather than always telling her to "understand his" like what WY is doing atm).

Guest Lyly1430292245

paras said: Dunno who the lead is supposed to be but our Emperor is getting the most screen time, girl time, cute dialogues, best costumes, hairstyles and what not. If its put to a vote, who do you think will win guys? 
Well.. yes, although almost all the girls in the palace admire Wang Yoo as a handsome hero, all of them are equally willing, or even more willing, I think, to throw themselves at Uri Peha and make him babies (can't blame them, he's just so hot you want to have a son who looks exactly like him)

Just kidding, but I think Wang Yoo's importance partly lies in the fact that he is always dull (no matter how heroic he is) so that uri Peha can stand out as the most funny and entertaining character. 

qwenli said: actually i think Dangkise's actor really like Hajiwon, the way he look at her just smoulders. haha. I even feel a stronger love from him than from WY!I am sure kiki will protect TH when danger comes, she will realise that after all the time that she spent with him, she care for him much more than she knows!