[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

@briseis Mmm maybe you need to check your info better. His character from Frozen Flower and in this one are not the same. He was King Gongmin. I hope you don't mean that the age difference btw HJW and JCW is 5 years cause it's not. And before starting to criticize anyone's performance, can you wait for the show to actually start? Thanks

There's also another actress who played as Empress Ki. It's Kim HyeRi of drama Shin Don which is also from MBC.
a0081356_4c395ae604ead.jpg

In the drama Shin Don, Empress Ki is the last empress of the Mongol empire. She was a Goryeo woman who was sent to Mongol as a maid (or slave) but loved by the Mongolian emperor and became his empress. She and her brothers are extremely known corruptors in the Goryeo society so King GongMin had to battle with her.

I hope Ha JiWon won't be an evil, corrupting and scheming Empress Ki in this drama.

JCW is already being praised for his action skills by the cast and crew!  The PD-nim noted how well he "captured the passion and realistic image of a boy who wants to stay alive."  Well of course -- he's had lots of practice over his last few dramas!  AJA AJA AJA Jibaeunim!!! :X

stills1_zpsd4b41215.jpg
web_1889888839_a468eaca_zps25dfcd91.jpg
web_1889888839_9afcaec2_zpsc5d7735f.jpg
stills2_zps80bc710b.jpg

(Credit:  nate.com "Ji Chang-wook shows he goes through hell.")

Guest eeldeerlove

@CherKell

Me loves Joo Jin Mo. :) 200 Pounds Beauty and of course, that 'passionate' scene with Jo In Sung in Frozen Flowers.  ;)

I'm looking forward to watch the 1st episode. I hope Viki will subbed it really fast. :)

All the links to live-streaming will be posted on the first page.  I would highly suggest signing up for an iMBC account (it's free!) so you can watch the VOD directly from their website without buffering!

Also before the show starts airing, make sure your Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight applications are all up-to-date, as (unfortunately) most of the streaming sites still utilize this ancient technology. *grrrr*

Thank you for this wonderful piece of good news! :)

Guest eeldeerlove

The issue about 'distortion of history' is never-ending.. sigh! Really, they should get a hold of themselves. The drama hasn't started yet. *shaking my head*
2013102314055854897-540x427.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/177587?fb_source=pubv1

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[Engsub by JiWonderland]EmpressKi's Offical's Teaser 3 (10.22.2013)
http://youtu.be/74ujgrsssw0

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 24px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); overflow: hidden;"Ha Ji Won (하지원) - Drama Empress Ki teaser 3 (10.23.2013) (46s)

I'll look forward to this drama to be able to compare it with Hyun Bin's King's Wrath... I'm a little bit nostalgic because those two people and now, their careers make them play something similar, some historical dramas... Hyun Bin is at his "first time" as long as Ha Ji Won has a lot of experience with playing ancient characters. I'll take this comparison as a beautiful, unexpected challenge....even for HJW it will be a long journey, of 50 episodes and for HB it will be just a movie. Their posture, their act is all that matters...

I'm trying to find a halfway-decent new report to share with everyone, but from what I've heard through Rumor Control this morning is that MBC has decided to not tick-off the Korean Scholars/Viewing Public any longer and will change Joo Jin-mo's character from King Chung-hye to a fictional one named just Chung.  Because if somehow they decided to actually call him 'Wang Chung' instead, there's gonna be no amount of laughter coming over from this side of The Pond!!!  :))  =))

Off to do more research -- stay tuned!

If you are spoiler free don't read this article.

Koala Empress Ki

Reading this article, i don't understand 2 things:

1-  Why they released Empress Ki novel? It will spoiler all the drama. 2- Why they named the drama Empress Ki if there is nothing about the real Empress Ki history? I mean there isnt just some little change of history, it's a very different story. I think if they said that this was just a fictional story, this drama could be the most anticipeted of 2013, but just naming it Empress Ki it's receiving a lot of critics already. From what i read on this article neither China or Korea will be happy about it. 

The OTP is JJM and HJW. I actually liked more JCW and HJW

They should have kept the title to Hwatu then instead of chickening out a week before airing if those rumors about King Chung Hye's name change.are true. Are they gonna dub over the parts where he is referred as Chung Hye? LOL They might as well change the other leads name too while they are at it. But LOL at that article from Koala. I wonder what will be more entertaining: the drama or those Chinese/Korean scholar's head exploding. *pulls out popcorn*