[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Taltal is more than awesome.. He actually deserves a whole show just for him, as a "super" sageuk character. He was a scholar, a general, then he became prime minister.
Anyway... I agree with the person who said that the new name of Empress Ki is "Betray" xD LOL Betrayal is like a snowball effect in this drama.It all started with BA betraying SN. Then : SN kind of betrayed BA, it was her way to counter attack.
The possible betrayals : BA + KT betraying Empress Dowager.Yeom Byung Soo betraying Dangkise.Taltal betraying Baek An.... And probably so many more to come. With UNEXPECTED twists and turns. SN, Wangyoo and Bisoo are the ones who triggered this series of betrayals haha ^:)^
I watched the first 20 minutes of episode 40 with english subs. And i found myself writing the lyrics of the song, and trying to guess the meaning of it (yes, i'm a crazy person XD). But of course, I lack cultural references + elements from the historical context [moreover, translated lyrics don't always convey the whole meaning of the song]"Palpalwang (??)  went missing. They went to the nests to catch the swallow. They touched the ash. When exactly will we be able to eat a full meal ? This is more horrible than prison"When SN was analyzing those lyrics, she was saying : "hidden... field... between the yin and yang". 
Please forgive me for being so delusional (all these are just suppositions), but i immediately thought about the imperial Palace.  As far as I know, the imperial Palace was built as a depiction of the universe. The Yin refers to the Empress' quarters, and the Yang refers to the Emperor's quarters. What if El Temur's stash is hidden in a secret place in the Palace ? In some secret passage ? :/ 
Plus, one of the lines of the songs says "This is more horrible than prison" = The imperial Palace is a prison, in a way.And I tried to translate "Palpalwang", and apparently it is "King of the outbreak" (발발왕), or "Vital King" (팔팔왕), depending on how it is written in Korean. ~X(
Do you guys have some ideas concerning the location of the secret treasure ? I'm trying to think of other possible places, but i have no idea.  :-?? :/ 

MY BODY IS READDYYYY !!!!! MY BODY IS READYYYY !!!!!!!!!

GIVE ME 41 EPISODE RIGHT NOWWWWWW :D

The sandman is standing at my door but empress ki is calling. T minus 30 mins...

Please be a good episode of lots of sn, tt, th and WY.

F

TT is going to find the treasure first? The real one or the fake because DK found the fake and if TT captured him then TT must have found the fake and realizing it's fake would guess they were tricked and there is only one person who was smart enough to do that according to him.

@tieuyeunu I don't completely agree that SN is becoming more like ET.
Sorry I just woke up, so I only have the energy to respond to bits of your post.
The idea that SN doesn't have the energy to deal with KT is different from ET not seeing SN as an eligible opponent is different.
At this moment, SN has limited resources and energy to deal with pressing issues by her side.  She has to find the treasure, and deal with TH.  The only resource she has is WY's help outside the palace.
If she had to prioritize what she needs to focus on first, and that's finding the treasure.  SN believes that once she finds the treasure, everything else is secondary, she can take care of those then.
ET didn't even know about SN, but at least SN knows about KT, and knows that she's someone she needs to watch out for, but now's not the time to take action.  I'm sure if she knew KT was the one who tried to poison Ayu, she'd be all over planning on how to get rid of her.
OMG!!!  5 minutes till the start and the darn stream starts to lag!!! Quickly reboot!!!! ~X(

Anyone watch parts of the show that is on before EK - some sort of "60 Minutes"-type expose?  They were playing one of the EK instrumental tracks in the background!!!  I guess when you provide content to MBC, they can use it as they see fit.  (BTW, it was totally out of place while discussing a poor halmeoni who lost her family but was later reunited.)  Very strange.

Alright people... here we go.  All appendages are crossed for an exciting show!!!

Guest august101

hanaseyes said: The new empress, her clothes look old and too dark too me with brown, dark blue, etc...:D  But SN's clother is very charm, attractive and thousand better ! Haha, perhaps because i like "hot" colors.
When SN walk beside her, she's look bright and seem like more "chic" than BT ( the new empress ).
I just have a doubt that SN's clothes when she's Lady Ki till Gwi-bi didn't chance too much, and her jewelry too.
At the beginning when SN enter the court like a concubine, she's already look like an Empress with a crown.
I notice that exept SN, no one wear red or dark pink dress ( of course except from the day of marriage )
I thought when a concubine change their rank, their clothes and their jewellery much change too.

Guest larabn

They should have hidden cameras yuan style (don't know how :P maybe hidden spy) in this chamber of secrets library where important plans happen.... WY and SN talk in the library
TH is acting annoyed at SN now

Guest larabn

someone kidnapped Bi-soo
it's masked men who take her to the masked mystery man
TH and SN are having a meal with ED when a maid faints to the floor with marks on their body
all the maids are sick with the same thing and it looks contagious
it's part of SN's and WY's plan

• There's a plague of some sort erupting in the palace, all the maids are sick.
  • SN and ED go to the see the maids and ask DM for a status.
  • SN is asking about moving to another palace, their summer palace, and mentions taking Ayu somewhere.

noo @PEGSTER!!! You have to recap... but we understand. Please if anyone do have a streaming link that they would love to share, please do post it.

Thanks...

They need to stop showing TN brother.... when is he going to die??

Darn you MBC!!!! Made me miss almost 15 minutes!

• Looks like the place SN suggested is BA's new home, they're staying here now to avoid the plague in the palace.
  • Bi-Soo thinks of her meeting with ML, and asking him to trust her.
  • It looks like she may have received some mission from ML, so now it's hard to determine who's side she's really on.
  • PBH goes to see her at the market and says SN wants to see her