[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

I think BS helped and accepted SN plan because she came with something in return and put it on teh table aka removing Hoksu Master and making her the leader so i understand if she acceptd the trade,WY can help SN even if it wasn't nothing in for him let's say but BS doesn't need to do it and she isin't the type to do it just because and i find it fair in some way and more real....

i confess i thought about Golta being Leader too...especially after the scene when  Golta was late...but i didn't want to belive ...my heart still said nooo can't be him...sometimes the enemy is   the person who you never suspected...

Jang Sun-yong (Vice Prime Minister)???I really would like for him to be the Leader...or mabe one of Lady KI brothers...her father told her ''you have brothers'' ... Ki familly was important in Goreyo ...i don't want to be Golta...i like his character so much...

Seriously, all you people here in Empress Ki thread, why must you "off topic" me? I just said that that one of the members here has the same name as mine and you couldn't accept such a short post! You treat me like I'm not one of the members here of this thread! 
I love Empress Ki, but you are just too much! I explained that I just couldn't help gushing about it, and you are all too cruel to hit the "off topic" on me that fast! If someone you think is posting something irrelevant, you shouldn't be so quick on flagging/off topic-ing her. You should have the heart and the decency to at least message her first, or are you that insensitive?!
Gah! You disappoint me! You're lucky I love Ha Ji Won, so I'm still sticking to this thread. Gosh! You're making me so angry!

Guest uctqepe

@avocado hahaha.. i dont know either.. very much the same like you, its just my assumption based on the translation from MBC.. but el cruella always moved her head left and right when she said that, right? 
i will be very excited if the Eagle house leader is Golta.. or Eunuch Dokman.. though i dont really care if it's Lord Zang/Jang.. hehehe
is it me who missed other scenes or does the new highty mighty prime minister BA only get one new purple attire? maybe he's waiting for the treasure to buy some more new clothes :D >:) >:) >:)

Guest serenity95x3

Okay~ So I went back and re-watched the beginning of episode 1, looking for anyone who weren't there at the coronation. I noticed that Golta wasn't there at all. Not with TH and not in the crowd. But then again, many of the secondary characters e.g. SN's maid(forgot her name), evil maids, and etc. weren't there as well. Assuming that they probably weren't cast yet at the beginning, I went to search for pictures of the script reading meeting to check if the actor playing Golta plus the other secondary characters were there. They weren't. Some how this makes me really happy, knowing that Golta might not be one of the evil characters that disappeared at the "end" of the drama because he just wasn't cast yet to be shown in the coronation.  :D
But I might be wrong because I'm only making guesses based on what was given to us. My observations could be wrong and there's always a chance that Golta might turn out to be...I can't even say it.:((I'm still afraid. My heart and mental health isn't stable yet. Oh~ My poor poor TH. 

@djappleblush - (giving sisterly HUG) ....The way around posting a *slight/brief* non-topic is to ALSO post at least two paragraphs of *directly on-topic*...or a pic or two related to the show.
The forums used to be a lot free-er in terms of what flew under the topic radar - but so many people use their phones only now, instead of a hard-box (like me) and they can't load the page well/quickly with all the stuff ---- so it's gotten really controlled.
Please don't be discouraged...but also, please DO add something about the show.....like this:
THIS (?) is the Master Hoksu of the Eagle Group? .....I say ...not likely. I will be the most surprised EVARRRR.
iwrl.jpg

Guest kaeruchan

I am pretty sure that Golta is the leader since him coming late to the palace was not pure coincidence. Hmmm...but the scene of TH fixing his hat made me a little afraid of what is going to come later. It's like seeing a grown up little brother taking care of his older brother. TH adores his eunuch and hopefully if Golta turns out to be the leader, he would protect TH until the end...but please don't make him sacrifice himself for TH (ㅠㅠ)

Recap for episode 40
http://thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com/2014/03/25/empress-ki-eps-40-41/

@kaeruchan, your avatar is the new evil empress? Haha...that actress was also in Arang and the Magistrate, but she looks slightly different from before...
Suddenly I began to feel sad because we will have about 10 episodes left to watch. I thought the drama is too long, but now I want it last longer...

I for one will not think Golta can be good if he is indeed the Head Master...because of that guy's money and power ET Clan was in charge of the tirany and wrong for at least 10 years with his help...it's naive to think Golta would have do it for TH all well...he isin't God to predict what ET would do to him and if not for SN,WY and so TH would be long dead...The Hoksu Master wasn't involved in anything but financing and be good friends with ET....So,i,for one will not give him excuses if it's true witch i hope is trully not...think objective of the things the Organization and his Master did all this time and in the past mentioned by ET...maybe i'm a bit harsh but i'm not gonna make the hell look like a nice place if it's him...curious how a guy always in the Palace has so much power over the men in that Organization and mentaining them loyal,i remember that The Cripple told once ET that his Master was a merchant and was tarveling in foreign country's and brought the jewlery's and other rich things etcIndeed there are sanguks that have good endings (Sun/Moon had a happy ending but in last ep all the rest died),i guess i have seen some that i really liked that they destroyed with their WTH sad ending
The tresure she has found it now she has to take it out and us to see where it is and what she will do with it and without being caught because if they know she has it they will take it,she doesn't have how to show she gained it

AGB Nielsen Top 20 Ratings Week of 17 March 2014 - 23 March 2014:
Nationwide: 27.1% (2nd); Seoul: 30.5% (1ST)

Episode 40 Ratings:

AGB Nielsen: Nationwide 24.4% (2nd; -2.1%) / Seoul 27.9% (2nd; -1.8%)
TNmS:  Nationwide 22.4% (2nd; -2.6%) / Seoul 27.5% (2nd; -1.8%)

Gotta agree with Ta Hwan here... Seung-nyang is being a bit of a drag right now... :-w

Screenshot2014-03-24at102948PM2_zpsa63b8

@tessieroo Only in your honor sweetiepie...Don't want to be rude by not responding...
if you look closely at a close up picture of the masked man... he's got darker skin... he didn't talk either...
According to Jeok Ho, Heuk So was also an Eunuch... right?
I'm still sticking to my theory of TT being the puppeter...maybe he sent Golta on his behalf? Useless Zhang could also be, he's got darker skin, and the fact that they've picture him useless all this time, him not liking Ki... he's supposed to be a scholar or something... who knows...
I'm all in for a plot twist... HEUK SO IS STILL ALIVE!!!  8-X
ok end of my post... back to my silent corner...

Guest kiyokotsubasa

Today's episode is moving so fast ! I kind of like it !
As usual, i'm not going to repeat over and over again how much i LOVE Taltal and Seungnyang's scenes. So much chemistry and smexiness LOL. From the only scene of them we've got in today's ep, i can clearly say : THE TT-SN BATTLE OF WITS IS ON !! In this particular confrontation, there was some tension between them. He was so direct and told her " why are you looking for the stash?", and her face was like :o . I don't know what SN told PBH, probably to beware of Taltal or to pay attention to him.I think between the two of them, the situation will be the exact opposite of how it was with BA and SN. They will start as "enemies", competing for one same goal, and then they will end up as allies. That will eventually happen after SN wins ! 

It was great to see Gwibi Mama back to basis... the swords !! I loved seeing Seungnyang battling Dangkise (by the way, he seemed so fierce and so eager to get his revenge, almost scary.. Glad he lost an eye, at least; next time he may lose the other one). Daebak ! 
Empress Kutugh sure knows how to play the double-faced chick ! She's fooling everyone (except the most intelligent ones). Soon, El Maid and Cruella will fall into her trap. It is also possible that SN won't even need to get rid of Empress Dowager herself because KT will have done it way before.
OH MY GAAAAWD ! Eunuch Bang singing the song !! His expression was so hilarious, i couldn't stop laughing !! :)) I wonder how many NGs they have of this scene :)
That Eagle House meeting was creepy !! All those masks... I wonder who that head merchant is ? Is it someone we know ? Wang Go ?Golta? Really? I couldn't believe it at first, but it seemed that ML had a large face and a tanned skin... a bit like Golta. And when TH called him, he came in such a rush, i started to have doubts. Moreover, during the show, when SN found out the secret of the song, he looked so uneasy... as if he knew something. Can't it be that the shadow play is somehow also related to the song ?The question is : why would Golta do this and hide it from his Paeha ??? :/ Is he some kind of double faced person like KT ?Honestly, it is too hard to believe : not uri Golta-ya !
Anyway, i was looking forward to the SN-Bisoo meeting, and i was expecting them to work together. Girl Powaaah (they literally tricked everyone) ! I guess SN saw her "old self" in Bisoo ; the difference is that Bisoo doesn't have to hide that she's a woman in order to survive. As for Bisoo, she figured out SN-WY's relationship, and therefore, she trusted her. And also, if BA had let Taltal go with him to meet Bisoo, Talta would have understood that all this is a trick RIGHT AWAY! He now must have remembered Bisoo's face since he was about to kill her in episode 30.
I'm so sorry to say this, I LOVE Tahwan's character so much, and i know how much he loves SN... but sometimes he goes overboard. I don't have anything against him being mean to KT, but when he acts this way, it is SN who will "harvest" all of KT's anger. In order to protect SN, a little diplomacy and protocol won't kill him (well, i know he's the Emperor O:) ).And here starts a long series of misunderstandings between TH and SN.. :( 
I know I don't understand Korean, but doesn't it look as if the Goryeo team is going to use the counterfeit money they confiscated to create a "fake treasure"?  All i can say is that when it comes to fighting, no one can beat the Goryeo team !From what i've seen and heard from episode 41's preview (+ some BTS pictures), it looks like Seungnyang will strike first and start a countermeasure to deal with smart Taltalicious who finally understood - i wonder if she will use Bisoo. The moment of betrayal is getting closer..
EDIT : @kaeruchan thank you for the recaps' @stclaus : Welcome back :) 
Ratings ? I don't care, i LOVE the show. I just hope that writernim and PDnim won't make some last minute plot changes (hoping to increase the ratings) and end up disappointing some viewers.

@stclaus - Hmmm, I thought it might be TT for the longest time but it makes zero sense that he would have been helping to finance ET? (the same thing applies to many of the names brought up)  :-?
You brought up Zing/Zang not liking Ki which reminded me of something else - Dowager ordered him to investigate the fire at the monk's temple and Tanasmirky's involvement but we never saw him follow through. (or report any findings back to Dowager) Could it be because he IS this secret leader and he didn't follow through on ET's orders? (protecting Tanasmirky)  :-/  I think his actions, facial expressions and character have been much more suspect than Gol-ta's but I'm guessing. 
This is gonna drive us insane, right?  =))
@CherKell - I have until this Friday to send you my guess?  :D