[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest sunriverwind

It is the last 1/5 of the drama.   I do not think it is still sound to change the  premise of storyline.   Rather too late to overhaul too the rationale & attributes of each character. 

If the past 4/5 of the drama had not given birth to or successfully developed the characters, & laid the groundwork for their velue & belief system,  then we have nothing much but dry & empty hands now.   That said,  I do not think one or two characters or  traits will undergo 360 degree (or less) shifts. 
By now, all the die had been cast, strengths have been dulled by weaknesses, and weaknesses have been weakened (yes,weakened) by strengths.  The characters are as they are, no more excuses like amnesia or Alzheimer's, no more yogi or yoda moments, no more eureka or complete transformation miracles,  no more changing experiences to boost or ditch.   Rather, the last 1/5 will most probably tackle the events,  the external stimuli (external to personal traits or relations), the politics or war, politics in action, as manifestation only (not as transforming) of traits and behaviors of each stakeholder. 
The characters were already developed lengthily in the first 4/5 of the show.   There couldn't be a better or worse WYoo, or a better or worse TaHwan , or a better or worse SN, or Bayan.    These characters have already been born, raised, grown & already "made".    It is clearly now about HOW their persons or desires, will surface, or be drowned, by the events or upheavals of the times.   
While persons are ever-changing, the limits of drama work against long-running processes.   The evolution of characters can only get so much.   All I'm saying is , I have no more excuses for the characters.  Drama is better ended that way, huh?   Take me or leave me.   LOVe me or leave me.   Whether it is SN saying this, or TaHwan or Wyoo saying this, or ED, or Bayan......Or, the characters collectively asking the fan, love me or leave!  Awwww, I still dread the post-EK first few weeks :(

That would trully be a one heck of a twist because the man is the same who was behind ET clan for over the years..that's a big treason in my opinion and would make him one heck of a twisted guyThe most loyal person to Th is the one funding ET for years,get that! for sure Th will have a stroke if that is true

The first clue that I got that it might be Golta is that the masked man is pretty small, and everyone else on the show is pretty tall.  The second clue is that when the emperor was looking for Golta, he was nowhere to be found, and when he showed up he was disheveled, as if he'd just changed and was out of sorts. 

@starbright1234
My first reaction when I heard this is "that's crazy!" but you're not the only one thinking this. Saw this on Twitter (via ladykate1023), and apparently, it's also trending topic on Nate.

But, how could this be?!

starbright1234 said:

Hello everyone.  I am usually a lurker, but I just couldn't resist this time.  I am pretty certain that I know who the mystery mask guy is.  It is not any of the guys mentioned before.  However, I'm not sure I should say it because it is so shocking, and it might ruin the experience for all of you guys when the big revelation actually happens.  So, let me know if I should share.   

Guest sunriverwind

starbright1234 said: The first clue that I got that it might be Golta is that the masked man is pretty small, and everyone else on the show is pretty tall.  The second clue is that when the emperor was looking for Golta, he was nowhere to be found, and when he showed up he was disheveled, as if he'd just changed and was out of sorts. 

I also wanted them to make some allusion to SN famous brother just for the fun of it and believed he may be behind The Organization because he was older than her if i remember so he could be a posibility and so connect her to her remaining family because in other stories we knew they had a connection and she even backed him so she knew her other 2 brothers... even more fun if the same actor would play Ki Chul >:)for the sake of some fun cameo..i guess we will have to pay more attention to the details now

@starbright1234 - It does sound like a compelling theory but some things don't add up. Why then would Golta allow TH to get rid of ET and clan? How come he allowed for so much to happen right under his nose? And it's a little far-fetched that a palace eunuch would be able to establish an evil organization and control it when he barely gets to leave the palace. And Golta did seem to genuinely care about TH so supporting ET who treated TH like cow dung is incomprehensible.
But it would be such a big twist if the leader of the Eagle House was someone that we already knew. Golta's lateness (and sudden disappearance) did seem a little fishy.
I'm really curious about the leader's identity now. :-?

Guest sunriverwind

Miky88 said: I also wanted them to make some allusion to SN famous brother just for the fun of it and believed he may be behind The Organization because he was older than her if i remember so he could be a posibility and so connect her to her remaining family because in other we knew they had a connection and she even backed him...

TT smiling again whenever he is talking to LK.
 But now, I'm more interested to who is behind that mask....can't talk....writes only a word....hmmmmm...
 So, this was all a setup for BA away from the treasure.
Love this treasure hunting game. 
 ET's treasures? I guess it is behind that huge Yuan map in ET's office. Just a guess. I'm not sure if there was a scene where ET is looking at that map in the earlier episodes.

janice3joy3

said: TT smiling again whenever he is talking to LK.

But now, I'm more interested to who is behind that mask....can't talk....writes only a word....hmmmmm...

So, this was all a setup for BA away from the treasure.

Love this treasure hunting game. 

ET's treasures? I guess it is behind that huge Yuan map in ET's office. Just a guess. I'm not sure if there was a scene where ET is looking at that map in the earlier episodes.

Miky88 said: That would trully be a one heck of a twist because the man is the same who was behind ET clan for over the years..that's a big treason in my opinion and would make him one heck of a twisted guyThe most loyal person to Th is the one funding ET for years,get that! for sure Th will have a stroke if that is true

Guest sunriverwind

In an Asian political-novel I read, (the type which provoke, galvanize revolt against & overthrow the foreign domination/foreign power), the secret leader of the revolt  was the financier of the anti-revolt movement/foreign power.     The novel highlighted how, as most cunning, the secret nationalist revolt leader manipulated and controlled the anti-revolt campaign, by being the power behind the purse.    He gained not only the trust of the enemy,  took ultimate advantage of having double identities, and more importantly,  he successfully put up an "appearance of defeat" of  the revolt movement, to make the anti-revolt /foreign government complacent or less vigilant.   All these he did to secure, in an extremely back-door manner, the foothold of the revolt movement to which his heart truly belonged.Am thinking, if it is Golta, Golta could be doing the same back door pretenses,  purging/keeping & and feeding the purse,  aiding but actually crippling the enemy, putting  up appearances of  strengths anchored on hollow  pillars.  He could have been doing this for the long haul, (as with water slowly  seeping through, not noisy, yet continuously seeping through), ET, being the powerful figure that he was. Golta could be doing just that, dealing with the enemy, aiding it even, to know it well, as an insider would know, and to control it effectively... In no way I think, will there work out an equation where Golta is against Paeha ever. ....oh, look how far I've dealt with the cobwebs in my mind, sorry, I may be wrong of course  [-X@starbright1234 - look at me now! Huhuhuhuhu, am goin crazy now with secret revolt theories, apologies hiiiihiiiihiiii 

Miky88 said
I for one don't think TT loves SN but respect her a lot and more knowing her origin and what she raised to be,i think SN will be the person he will respect the most and for him is more important than love i might say knowing is character till now...
well many seem to forget that WY is already married so even if he had something with BS will remain as that only if he doesn't vanished his Empress...but i don't think they will have anything,WY doesn't seem intrested in her as a women till now

SN should have known that TH is all for her becoming an Empress, why would she keep it a secret to TH when his trust to her will get compromised. Whhhy? Nyannngggiee? Cant you see TH's heart? :P
Love that BS and SN have met. BS would know why WY trusts SN because she would know SN is an IT-girl.. I mean SN is intelligent.! I am excited for the interaction of both.