[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

tessieroo said: I don't think SN would give a hoot if he couldn't inherit the throne, she probably only cares that he's safe.If the monk tells everything, Tanasmirky is doomed but then everyone knows he's an orphan. SN might actually use that to her advantage by acknowledging he would never be given a title but reminding everyone he's a helpless victim of Tana's evil plots. It then gives her the opportunity to keep him close to her and smother him with affection. (which would probably entice TH to do the same)   
But then yes, he would grow up with the "orphan" label and all that goes with that.  So I'm starting to think more and more that she'll keep it hidden somehow and just raise him as TH/TN's son. Sending him out of the Palace to WY seems the least likely scenario.  :-?

Idk if anyone posted the written preview for ep 36 since the video preview is already out but here it is! 
 36회 거병을 하시오! 
타나실리가 사병들을 데리고 여승을 찾는다는 소식에 승냥은 급히 여승을 대피시킨 다. 탈탈은 타환과 승냥에게 연철을 제거하기 위해 준비한 상소문을 보여준다. 
 승냥은 황태후에게 곧 황궁 안에 광풍이 몰려올 것이라며 자신을 도와 달라 하는 데... 
It's a little difficult for me to translate but from what I can understand Tanasiri is on the hunt for the female monk and Seungnyang helps the Empress Dowager or goes to her for some kind of help with the internal palace. Haha sorry, it's a little hard to decipher. Anyone up for the job?
Eheh... Nevermind. Someone already posted it :P

rinchan76 said: whether SN hears about Maha's birthmark or not, SN still knows that he is not TN's son. It is very likely that our writers are the biggest tease in the world and have someone pop in, saying there is an army looking for the nun. So then the question would be does the nun live to tell the tale, because if they find her hiding spot she is done for. There is also a chance that the nun is successfully hidden but is sent away and never gets the opportunity to finish speaking with SN. 
I wonder how SN would treat the issue if she knew Maha is an orphan but doesn't know he is byul as well as lacks proof that he is a fake (for example if the nun is out of reach or goes missing). I guess her only course of action would be to let things go, but maybe she would tell TH or TT. 
Sidenote: sometimes I feel like TT has become SN's closest confident and there are times when they meet in the library I feel like they are about to embark on an illicit affair, like this week when she showed him the bite mark. In history TT was Ayu's teacher, and in the drama I can see how much SN respects and values his opinion. Hopefully he will be Ayu's teacher in the drama as well, because if it is Lord Zang again that poor kid is f.... I mean in trouble.

Although, on the subject of the new empress to be who takes Tanasiri's place, I don't think she would be around that long anyway right? Because in episode one isn't Seungyang on her way to her coronation as Empress Ki? Unless like someone else said, that's what the end of the final episode is going to be. Would the writers really do that?

Guest critics

Guys, YW also knows how to cry, right?  What do you think?  Is she crying because she is afraid of losing her love or she will miss the opportunity of becoming a chancellor's wife?empress-ki-e34-140303-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi

Little did she know that YBS has 9 lives that no matter how hard Grim Reaper tried to catch him, he will always find ways to escape.  He's so lucky!
empress-ki-e34-140303-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi

@rinchan76Interesting post as always.
Given the scenario that somehow the nun is stopped short of telling SN about the birthmark on the foot and yet SN knows Maha is not TH’s son, I think she would definitely not let him become an heir to the throne but I don’t think she would cast him aside either. The playmate for Ayu sounds pretty plausible but I think SN would find out Maha is her son inevitably, whether it’s sooner or later it’s up to the writers. Why would they put such emphasis on showing the birthmark a few times? I have a sinking feeling that Ta Hwan will eventually learn the truth too hence the look of doubt in the opening scene. As someone mentioned earlier, Maha’s identity is a ticking time bomb, anything could happen. Add that with the arrival of a new empress… angst is guaranteed for all. Auuughhh!!!
I do think she will go to TT for advice on how to deal with Maha initially. The question in my mind is will she trust Ta Hwan enough to tell him the truth about Maha if or when she discovers he is her son with Wang Yoo. In a way I hope so, not so Ta Hwan can feel more pain but for them to solidify their relationship if they can overcome this. We’ll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

palilsan said:I do think she will go to TT for advice on how to deal with Maha initially. The question in my mind is will she trust Ta Hwan enough to tell him the truth about Maha if or when she discovers he is her son with Wang Yoo. In a way I hope so, not so Ta Hwan can feel more pain but for them to solidify their relationship if they can overcome this. We’ll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Chukaeyo!!!

We are on 1023 page..

a number that very essential for 1023 haetnims like me and many others here. Loving HJW since Sex is Zero movie, it's been a decade already for me.

Respect to all sunbae and hobae.. Ha Ji Won forever!!!

Empress Ki hwaiting!! :-bd

@pegster: thak you for the preview.. Can't believe ET up and well again after last ep being a nutjob.

I read on the internet knetizens demand ET clan to be killed already. Guess knetizens also fed up w/ ET clan...
This drama has so many plots and subplots and the writers seems to brewing the conflicts whenever possible. Guess it's not a drama if doesn't have 1000 conflicts..
Guys, are you ready accept the new empress after TN? and what about Baek Ahn turn to evil?
Ah, I wish he could stay patriotic and loyal, he's my ahjussi crush.. lol

Guest critics

TS:  Announce my presence to my Liege.EG:  I'm sorry, Your Highness, right now Paeja is so busy making baby with Lady Ki.  Better luck next time!TS:  How dare you!!      S  -  L  -  A  -  P  EG:  O  U  C  H   (:| (:| (:|

empress-ki-e35-140304-hdtv-xvid-limo-avi

Just saw the preview.. DAEBAK!!!.. Ta Hwan has the power now, so strong =D> more different than it used to be..

guys.. I think many of the new characters have appeared in EK, how about Ki Cheol??? He's Consort Ki's oraeboni, He has most important character in the history, can he appears in the drama? I think MBC must recruit new character anymore hehe

:D

Guest avocado1430291863

I think ki cheol should not include in this drama if the writer want to make Sn as a national hero just like she is know, i mean with her marriage with yuan emperor she can help goryeo people...but with ki cheol it must be some new plot to solve...maybe he would ask for power and lady ki would get confuse to fulfill it...ki cheol already have a bad name both in history and many dramas...so with ki cheol plot i think we need extension with 20 more episodes..hehehe..dunno but with new empress and maha plot, i feel that Ek will finish not long after coronation scene...unless we get more extension...omo why i keep talking about extension... :D i already think about withdrawal syndrome with uri paeha not around anymore..ohtokkee...

Guest critics

@adjani said:  hahah I fell off my chair reading that... seriously they should have hired you as the script writer.. at least we will be laughing from episode 1 to 50.. maybe "Empress Ki - Black Humour Edition" (Black adder addition - reference to the old UK drama spoof on royal families) hahahahha 

critics

said:

Out of frustrations, TN engages herself in black magic to get rid of LK.   In one of the pictures posted, it is speculated that LK fell from the stairs right under TN’s piercing eyes.  Some suspected TN to cause the fall while others said, LK felt dizzy due to pregnancy of TH’s child. Now, we (viewers) know very well that TH & SN consummation does not happen yet. 

Putting the two and two together, I therefore conclude that the effect of TN’s witch craft is making LK conceived via TH’s spirit intervention.    

I wonder if we'll get to see any action sequences for SN in the next couple of episodes.  In the preview ET mentioned something about killing TH/ED and SN.
I read on Baidu that in the novel ET will find out about TH's plans and will plot to kill him, ED and SN.
If there are going to be any fights within the palace, I'm really curious if SN will need to protect TH and Ayu, or if TH will actually be able to fight a bit and try to protect his wife and kid.  
Can you imagine, TH holding onto Ayu while SN is fending off the enemy...has anyone seen a scene like that in any drama?=))

Ah, or maybe neither would have to protect either since they have all those guards.  GT and PBH, along with TH's other two guards seem to be pretty capable.  They did a good job protecting the two during the hunting competition. :-bd