[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

cherkell

Guest chimsese

minnie0103 said:
Second, we are not saying that TH-SN scenes are purely made for fan service because we're jealous. C'mon, we're not that easy to please. We have our standards and we're not superficial. And if ever TH-SN scenes were given to WY and SN, I doubt we would be contented. Even when WY and SN had their kiss, a part of us was still disappointed because the directing sucked. WE ARE HONEST, AT LEAST. Jealous? TH is not even comparable to WY, not yet. I'm waiting for the time TH becomes strong even without SN by his side. I want him to stand on his own feet and have a battle of the brains with WY. That way, there will be a real competition. 
To everyone, I'm sorry for this post. I just really had to give a response...

Can someone explain to me. This show takes place in 1300s China (Beijing) So the ppl from Goryeo are the Koreans (WY AND SY)  are the emperor and empress dowager Chinese? And El Temur, Tanashiri, Tangquishi, Bayan, Tal Tal are the Mongols.  And there are some Turks.who is who?

Guest Ding Lin

I am a proud WY-SN shippers and I love JJM as an actor.  I think he is the best actor in Empress Ki period.
However, WY/JJM has been consistently bashed here.  To a degree which I was  uncomfortable and decided to move to another threads in order to have nice discussions. 
 I have had fun.  Until recently, I discovered that the discussion on the other threads were brought back here and criticized. I am having problems with the behavior.  If you would like to lurk on the other threads, it is fine with me. If you feel like bashing us, it is OK, too. However, please do it privately or the forums where WY-SN shippers are not present.  This forum is an Empress Ki forum, NOT a TH-SN or TH forum.  
This is my last post here.  I am not too happy now.  Also, I wonder if the moderator of this forum should make a policy about this.  

After watching this week's episodes subbed, it's really obvious that MBC writers take no risks in their writing.  The good guys never really win, the bad guys never really lose, and SN will probably really never choose one man over another.  As a viewer, this really frustrates me because the story can never move forward.  In addition, I've been watching MBC King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang where the big family secret still hasn't been revealed (yes, still after 98 episodes!) - and then guess what, they decide to shorten the drama and pull the plug at 108 episodes. ~X(   I really hope Empress Ki does not suffer from this fate where viewers have to wait until the last 10 episodes for the ET clan to be eliminated and the truth about SN's baby finally is revealed.

That being the case above, it's probably why I never really boarded the WY or TH ship. MBC writers won't take the risk of angering fans and losing ratings.  I haven't read the novel, but in order to get SN connected to both men for the rest of the drama - it'll probably go something like this.

1.) SN thinks WY has betrayed her now (even though he is secretly helping her).
2.) So, she decides TH is the one she can really depend on (since he always saves her too), so she decides that she should be with him and forget WY.
3.) But then she finds out her baby is really alive.  Maybe brings up old memories of WY again.
4.) SN then finds out WY has been secretly helping her.  Now she can't forgive herself for doubting and betraying WY.
5.) But all of this is too late, she'll be pregnant with TH's child and TH will definitely never let her go.
6.) TH wants to ensure she never leaves him again, so he makes her his empress. (Cue opening scene in the first episode.)

So in the end, TH gets her physically and WY gets her emotionally.  Both men get some part of SN.  However as a viewer, this is dissatisfying because she never really just picks one man!  >:P

Grrr.... that's why I guess I pick Tal Tal's ship.  I know he'll never get her anyways, so I don't have any hopes that the writers can crush. :)>-

But despite all this, I'm crazy and will probably continue to watch Empress Ki to the very end.  If I can stick out 98 episodes of MBC's sageuk daily drama, I can definitely make through this one, right...?  8-}

WOW, did I miss something???  Did this thread turn into a battleground???  Yikes!!!  I am partial to TH/SN, but never to the point I would put down the WY/SN folks....truthfully I am more impartial now than I was at the beginning, because all the relationships have evolved into different types of love.  I learned my lesson with Reply 1994, that it's great and all to be a fan of a certain couple and hope for them to be together, but let's get real, IT'S A DRAMA!!! We all get wrapped up in these stories and that's fine, but in the end of the day...they all take off the costumes and go their separate ways.  Sure, some of our favorites have such wonderful chemistry together, that we wish it would spill over into real life....but wishing it doesn't make it so, and arguing about who is better for who than who, definitely won't make a damn bit of difference.
Sad to see people leaving this thread because they no longer feel comfortable coming to read peoples comments.  I, for one, have always enjoyed this thread, most of the time the posts are insightful and fun to read....there is not always agreement, but at least you can get a different perspective from others opinions.  It's good to be passionate about what you love, but not to the point of hurting others unnecessarily. 
My two cents worth on this sad situation.

Guest hunterdd

churasan said: After watching this week's episodes subbed, it's really obvious that MBC writers take no risks in their writing.  The good guys never really win, the bad guys never really lose, and SN will probably really never choose one man over another.  As a viewer, this really frustrates me because the story can never move forward.  In addition, I've been watching MBC King's Daughter Su Baek Hyang where the big family secret still hasn't been revealed (yes, still after 98 episodes!) - and then guess what, they decide to shorten the drama and pull the plug at 108 episodes. ~X(   I really hope Empress Ki does not suffer from this fate where viewers have to wait until the last 10 episodes for the ET clan to be eliminated and the truth about SN's baby finally is revealed.

That being the case above, it's probably why I never really boarded the WY or TH ship. MBC writers won't take the risk of angering fans and losing ratings.  I haven't read the novel, but in order to get SN connected to both men for the rest of the drama - it'll probably go something like this.

1.) SN thinks WY has betrayed her now (even though he is secretly helping her).
2.) So, she decides TH is the one she can really depend on (since he always saves her too), so she decides that she should be with him and forget WY.
3.) But then she finds out her baby is really alive.  Maybe brings up old memories of WY again.
4.) SN then finds out WY has been secretly helping her.  Now she can't forgive herself for betraying WY.
5.) But all of this is too late, she'll be pregnant with TH's child and he'll definitely never let her go.
6.) TH wants to ensure she never leaves him again, so he makes her his empress. (Cue opening scene in the first episode.)

So in the end, TH gets her physically and WY gets her emotionally.  Both men get some part of SN.  However as a viewer, this is dissatisfying because she never really just picks one man!  >:P

Grrr.... that's why I guess I pick Tal Tal's ship.  I know he'll never get her anyways, so I don't have any hopes that the writers can crush. :)>-

But despite all this, I'm crazy and will probably continue to watch Empress Ki to the very end.  If I can stick out 98 episodes of MBC's sageuk daily drama, I can definitely make through this one, right...?  8-}

Bashing is not allowed. Period. Not here, and not even in the shippers' forum. The moderators do not need to create a policy because this rule already exists.

Both ships have had their share of bashing. No matter how people try to stay neutral in the main thread, temperatures still rise. People are going to see things differently. And people are going to disagree.

Also, we cannot stop people from looking into different threads, shipper or not. As for posts on respective shipper threads being brought here and criticized, it sounds wrong. But, why exactly? Do we feel wronged because things we say are going out into a bigger crowd without our permission? But this can't be helped. This is a public forum. People are going to talk about anything related to Empress Ki, whether it is posted in Soompi, or DC or Baidu, etc. Heck, I even see sites saying there's a war brewing in Soompi. Can I tell them to stop talking about it? Of course not!

Can we honestly say that we only talk about our ships in our own forum, and not bash the people or posts from the main thread? If we cannot say yes to that, then where is this double standard coming from?

Just my two cents.

-----

I am sooooooo frustrated at the lack of BTS pics after being spoiled from last week. :( :( :(

Guest niknokdagu425

All i can say to both ships chillax guys this is only a drama dont let EK affects you so much especially your atttitude, just enjoy the flow of show, i think its more proper to bash the pd and the writer for making the plot so crazy ( just kiddin).Ok Peace to all, cant wait for Monday to come :)>-

Guest serenity95x3

palilsan said: It’s interesting to note the parallelism that writers are using in the drama.CPR kiss and the Medicine Kiss, SN tells TH to lean on her on the bridge after his encounter with El Temur and TH tells SN to lean on him after drinking match with Tanashiri, Seung Nyang takes an arrow for Ta Hwan and Ta Hwan takes an arrow for her. Ta Hwan betrayed her by lying  and now Wang Yoo has betrayed her by lying too. Using the word “betray” loosely here. Each had their own reasons, Ta Hwan to save his life and the lives of everyone there from El Temur and Wang Yoo to save his and Seung Nyang’s life from Tanashiri’s threat to reveal his cover if he didn’t vouch for her father. The look on Seung Nyang’s face when she stares at Wang Yoo after his false testimony is one of disappointment, hurt and almost anger.

serenity95x3 said:
I've also been noticing this for the past few episodes, it's SN's headdress. Her new headdress is now a combination of gold and silver. Gold has always been used on people to distinguish them as royalty, someone with a high status and power. I believe her headdress is used as a symbolism for her gain in power. She used to wear in all-silver one when she first became a consort, little to no power at all. But then as her plans evolved and started knocking out her enemies, she gained power hence the addition of the gold. And we all know once she becomes Empress Ki, she'll be donning a full gold headdress which will then symbolize her full gain of power. B-)

Reading this thread reminds me why I am mainly a silent reader and why I gave up on empire of gold. Constant fan wars.

keep-calm-why-can-t-we-be-friends.png

Let's all instead pray for surpassing 30%...It would the first series in all three channels to do so since The Moon Sun escapade.

Guest avocado1430291863

@tieuyeunu yup i agree with you...and . Hope ek can exceeds the30% rating,we still have 17 more episodes to go (maybe more with extension,hehe...)...Even ksh and gianna jun can not surpass the 30% record,,,sigh....where are the korean viewer go????

Happy day everyone! Keep calm. Monday will come and Tuesday and all our questions and worries will be at ease. Let us enjoy watching EK and always keep cheering them because they are all doing their best from staff, directors & actors/ actress. Don't fight, the writers doing their best to give us a story that will inspire us in life. Even the actors they portray it with all their might si the audience will be happy fighting all EK. Cheers & more power.

Here's a larger photo of Emperor Puppy as @briseis posted above... and what's that he's wearing?  A NorthCape down jacket, of course!!  I guess for a sageuk, this is the closest they'll get to PPL in the Show!!! =))

20140301020568_0_zpse54754db.jpg

@sarah.lina - 
No, no! I just meant I sometimes watch a lot of K-dramas JUST for the kisses. (LMAO, I sound like a pervert) It just seems more innocent, sweet and old-fashioned than American TV? (if that makes sense) Obviously this one isn't included in that since we haven't had many kisses but I'm much more into the story in this one. 
@rinchan76 - 
Very well said! Agree, I don't think that was "fan service" at all (since we've know for a long time TH loves SN so why would anyone be surprised he wants to kiss her?) It also seems strange to me questioning her "giggling, smiling or laughing" with TH since they've had that type of teasing relationship since the very beginning so I didn't see anything unusual about it. I do kinda miss her smacking him around though. :D