[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Thank you @timsha.  I hope JT fully recover and EH quickly tell him that not the slimeball he should be grateful to. 

I think in end Mija's father and EH's mother might marry.  I hope so!  I like him very much. 

@funi  Mija is the cafe lady..... Sandeok is that old man's daughter, the one married to Sambong.

Isn't that old man a bit too old to be EH's mother's potential suitor?  EH's mum still look young.  If I am not mistaken she refers to him as 'orieshin' (right spelling??), which is what you would respectfully call a very old man. He looks like he would be more on the same level as that wicked mean Halmoni.  :D

@timsha, yes, Sandeok :)  I never knew Ms Jeong's name is Mija.  I've only heard her call Ms Jeong!

To me, EH's mum not look so young as you say.  Sandeok's father look just slightly older but not too old for her.  I don't think he old enough to pair with SJ's grandmother!  Also, SJ's uncle talk to Sandeok's father like they are peer level.  I know he is full of self important and think he is very big shot in toufu factory and town but I don't think he will so rude to man old enough to be father, right?  I hope not! 

EH almost tell JT truth about who stop him from going prison but I think she remembered her promise so she stop herself.  And then she believe JT lie that worm not involved in bad things now.

Wasn't ep 50 a bit too predictable, that scene of undressing SJ and sleeping together with him in a state of undress.....it was a tad bit cliched as we have seen it in so many other dramas where the 'evil' female manipulating the unsuspecting guy into marriage.  Infact in the beginning of this episode I thought I saw some softening in SJ stance towards YJ (after his discussion with SG and hearing about the bottle of poison in YJ's room).....he was seen having flashbacks of her display of affection for him, he even seem to be watching her as she walks by and waits for her after her classes to take her drinking.....then just cos he called out EH's name in a drunken stupor, she engineered this whole scenario......well Halmoni now has juicy evidence to push ahead with the marriage.

EH spends time at the hospital taking care of JT as ordered by LK......much to the displeasure of VP.  I hope JT and EH will have some romantic developments in their relationship, theirs is too much of a platonic relationship still, at least on EH's side, she has never viewed him as a 'man' just as a comfortable older brother so far.

I liked the hilarious scene where old man's blind date showed up at the soup shop looking for him.......that old man was furious....shot out of the shop like a bat out of hell with blind date in hot pursuit  =))

Ep 51....what do I say about the depths to which YJ sinks to get SJ ....... undresses him and herself and sleeps with him at the inn.  Of course nothing happened but YJ tells SJ that she is going to the hospital to have a check up.  Although YJ and SJ both kept it a secret from the elders......thinking she can emotionally blackmail SJ into taking responsibility and agreeing to marry her without anyone finding out the reason for his change of  mind.....but her mother gets to know her lies about spending the night with friends, so YJ tells her mother that they spent a night together after getting drunk.

Over in Seoul EH taking care of JT in the hospital.  Tough guy JT checks himself out (to go to work I think)....so EH tells him that Grandma and not his boss who helped him out.  OK I found this a bit  confusing, Lora Kim looks at the photo and refers to the baby as her daughter??? Does that mean EH is not her parents real child??? Another birth secret??

Anyway YJ is piling the emotional guilt trip on SJ.......he keeps following her around, trying to talk to her, while she keeps him on the leash by feeding his guilt. Anyway to make a long story short, it works.....SJ proposes to YJ and tell the elders that he is agreeing to get engaged to YJ.  No preview.

@timsha I am going to follow this show here from u. I hv always being hoping that EH goes with JT. So, for this I do not care if SJ marry this girl or not. Hope that now we get sthg moving in Seoul. I will wat h if that ep is all abt EH and JT. Keep us posted. Tq. What's happening on SMH. Ask drop a line if YR in SMH disappear.

@krgeek Nice to see someone here.  I like the pace of this drama, its better than SMH....infact anything is better than SMH.......unfortunately rat is still there, was hoping she will drop dead but grandpa took all our curses and croaked instead :))   I dont really watch that anymore.

Ep 52..

1) SJ tells family he will get engaged to YJ, but YJ's mum still feels ill at ease about SJ's change of heart as she knows that he does not love her but instead  agreed due to that 'one night stand' he had with her. YJ wastes no time in phoning EH and telling her this bit of news. Cockroach thinks SJ agreed cos he had a fight with EH.

2) JT bought a ring......I think it must be for EH  =P~

3) JT drives LK to Incheon for a gathering of Gaseong people.   LK met Grandma......LK says she is looking for her daughter (?). They dont know the identity of each other.  Meantime, JT and SJ meet for drinks, SJ informs him about the engagement.  JT is surprised cos until recently SJ always viewed YJ as his sister and had feelings only for EH.

4) New female character introduced.......a daughter of some guy from Japan.  She is arrogant, haughty and thinks herself quite superior !!!!! Does not hit it off with the VP and looks down on EH.

5) VP gives EH a lift home....she leaves her wallet behind.  He goes to her home to return it.  At the same time JT who had come by to give EH some side dishes her mother made for her, met EH at the front gate but due to some pain he still has from the stab wound, collapses into EH arms......VP came upon this scene and of course misunderstood the scenario.   He definitely got feelings for her......poor guy its going to break his heart when he finds out who EH actually is.  On the other hand better chances for JT.  I predict now its a straight fight between JT and SJ for EH's hand in the end.

Guest Betty59

@timsha as always thanks for the recaps.  @atomickitty,  a belated thank you for the welcome. I've been reading the recaps to get the gist of the episode, then watch the raw.  I've also been watching eps.37-41 as they've recently been subbed in English, and I've been able to clarify areas that were lost in translation or left out of the recap for brevity.  
After re-watching these episodes, I find that poor EH has been admonished for her dress sense by everyone, including the VP.  I thought he was quite brazen to send her a suit, and order to wear it to work.   EH is rather staid in her dress sense and outlook, but I admire her resolve not to be swayed by the negative opinion(s) of others. She also stands up to the him when she has to, where everyone else is afraid to do. I think he finds that trait (and her) appealing.  In ep.40 the VP was humbled when he overheard EH and MG's conversation,. She'd popped in to the hotel to see EH and comments that the clothes the girls made don't really suit the place that she is working at, but EH replies that she loves them because the girls at the factory made them for her.  He then realises what she meant when she said the clothes she wears were special to her, and he has never raised the issue of her dress again. 
The VP is very lonely, (in ep. 41 he is drinking by himself).  I'm sure he envies the relationship EH and JT have.  He was watching them return to the hotel after having had dinner together.   (He actually says so in ep.43 after watching the Eng. sub.) 
I'm curious to know why he deeply resents LK, although it has something to do with his father.  We will learn what it is in due course........
As for YJ!.  She is becoming more repellent with her scheming, and insecurity.  She is wilful and indulged by her parents and grandma.  I kept thinking that she needed a good slap, and she got it when she mouthed off to her dad (ep. 37).  I said 'yesss!' only to be disappointed that he was remorseful; and with the constant pressure from Grandma and his wife, he acquiesced after she ran away, and on her return he permitted the relationship with SJ. Thus allowing the spoiled girl to get her way.
In ep.50 what did Lee Baeksu say to LK when he went to Seoul Hotel?  When she called EH's mum that she seemed perturbed after the call.
After watching ep.51 YJ is just repellent!  How can SJ believe that anything happened between them!  There should at least have been evidence on the sheets.! Need I say more......  SJ even in a drunken state is calling EH's name. So he is agreeing to the engagement/marriage because it is the right thing to do and he is taking responsibility for his actions.  I credit him for that, being an honourable man. However, if one day he manages to grow a pair, and he learns the truth about YJ he will despise her so much that I don't think they could live even as siblings.... 
Just finished ep. 52.  I'm going straight to the end.  I hope JT is okay.  The VP seeing JT and EH in what looks like an embrace, there's no denying, VP has deep feelings for EH.  JT is a threat to what he hopes might lead to a relationship with her.  From the preview I can only surmise that he is trying to get JT to lose his job, that way his path is clear to approach EH.  
I know I'm jumping backwards in the episode, I thought it was touching that JT had his mother's ring, I'm sure he's thinking now that EH and SJ are over he is going to tell her how he feels, and brought food over for her.
Thanks  @skara for the episode links :-)

it's good to have a heroine who's firm in her principles and stand up for herself etc ... but i must admit i thought EH was kind of rude in her mannerism and speech towards the VP who was still her superior at work no matter how much she dislike his requests. and also i don't think he was that wrong to ask her to wear more appropriately to work because after all some jobs do require you to dress the part and does reflect the company image as well. so i don't know ... she could have refused but in a more polite manner instead of the rude way she had of speaking her mind to him right from their first encounter. that's the thing that kind of bothers me about her.
anyway, i still heart JT ... but must say i feel kind of sorry for the VP ... how can anyone refuse that puppy look when he ask her to have dinner with him? he look so lonely poor fella. so yeah ... i'm confused because i do like the VP too. lol  ... but i do hope he's not going to turn into a bad guy ...

@funi You have disappeared off my radar, where are you?  Not on SMH or here? Are u OK??

Anyway I finally found out .......yes that cafe bar lady, the one they call Jeong Madam, well her name is Mija. Only cockroach's wife calls her 'Mija' so I dont know how it stuck in my head.  Anyway cockroach had another close brush in today's episode, he steps out with Jeong Mija and was almost caught by his wife. I like the comical way he takes off running. That wife of his must be the dumbest of all broads. :))

Seokgu in his desperation is letting his nasty side emerge......plus the detective still casting doubtful looks at Seokgu, maybe he believes there is more to this murder case then he thought.

Not doing any recaps since I think that most of you must have watched this as the link is up, plus I was very late today (marathoning The Master's Sun).

exupery said: it's good to have a heroine who's firm in her principles and stand up for herself etc ... but i must admit i thought EH was kind of rude in her mannerism and speech towards the VP who was still her superior at work no matter how much she dislike his requests. and also i don't think he was that wrong to ask her to wear more appropriately to work because after all some jobs do require you to dress the part and does reflect the company image as well. so i don't know ... she could have refused but in a more polite manner instead of the rude way she had of speaking her mind to him right from their first encounter. that's the thing that kind of bothers me about her.
anyway, i still heart JT ... but must say i feel kind of sorry for the VP ... how can anyone refuse that puppy look when he ask her to have dinner with him? he look so lonely poor fella. so yeah ... i'm confused because i do like the VP too. lol  ... but i do hope he's not going to turn into a bad guy ...

@ilovenico totally agree with you. The last few tv novel was a great letdown. Also with SMH, it richard simmons me off. So, with Eun Hui, I just started watching after receiving some positive comments from some of you, but not a great follower, just get on to Ktube whenever free and watch whichever ep is on. Nice to see serval familiar names here. Hope this drama will not be a letdown in the end. I do not like wispy washy guys like SJ and JS in SMH. Luckily here, I am rooting for JT and EH to the end.

I agree to a certain extent with the comments on EH's poor dress sense.  She did not dress up when she came for the job interview.  The way an interviewee dresses and the image she/he projects at the interview are factors interviewers have to consider.  Knowing her poor background, they could easily have provided her with a uniform.  Anyone would have rejected the clothes given in that manner. 

@krgeek, I watched SMH off and on and refrained from posting because I have nothing positive to say about the show.  Both leads are doing the best they can with a terrible script and equally bad acting from their supporting casts.  I pity the male lead most of all.  He's just returned from a stint in their compulsory national service and was given this terribly lousy script.  Hope viewers will be mature enough not to hold him responsible!  

Archived