[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Guys I am still here and also watching on KBS too. Right to the end YJ lies to HJ.... I am so glad  she did not get what she wanted.

@hrkharis  I watched Lovers many years ago... that was a beautiful drama .... espiecially hat song was too heart wrenchingl for words..... I heard the main OTP was actually in a relationship but for some reason they broke up after the drama.

Guest fifthtry

I just loved yesterday's episode (on KBS World).  I watched it twice.  Haven't deleted the recording because I think I may still want to watch it again.  It was so wonderful to see that murderer in jail and tortured too.  When EH told his evil spawn that she should beg instead of telling lies about our virteous her SG is, that was icing on the cake!  Best episode ever!

- pls don't read on if u don want to know the ending : I stopped watching coz I couldn't bear the evil deeds of the father-daughter - SG was really convincing and he was really awful to watch when he got worst and worst. What I hated was the ending for JT and also that SG only admitted his wrongdoing in his madness. N then everyone forgave him and became good friends!!???? N EH still look so dowdy! Tv novels writers are really bad n I won't care to watch them anymore if they ever come back. But u forumers have been great n hope to see u in the other drama forums! I hope to see @timsha, @exupery @atomickitty especially coz I enjoy your comments!

Yup I watched the final episode on KBS World this morning ...... still have a hard time coming to terms that SG escaped punishment on grounds of insanity.... and EH looks so fat and matured like a motherly matron.  I hated that scene with SG dancing around like a loony in that snow and everyone looking on with so much heartfelt emotions for this murderer ... only VP had his usual 'closed' expression, thank god for the sanity in this drama which was VP, he was the only one who reacted to SG's crime spree like we viewers felt was how a normal rational human being's reaction should be, the rest were unbelieving stupid and in that sense this drama lost it credibility cos good did not triumph over evil.... only SG's insanity triumphed over justice.  Crappy ending.

Guest bushiko9

Hi Timsha! I was missing you the other day while lurking on another forum, to be more precise, missing your precise and extensive recaps.  :)

I just watched the ending on KBS World. Hmmm!

First of all, contrary to what @atomcity mentioned previously, YJ was at the hospital visiting her father although she wasn't a frequent visitor due to her working in Seoul.

Second, I've become a "reluctant" reader of Korean Literature in the past 3 months. I say 'reluctant' because I find it a "sad, sadder and the saddest" collection of writings, I've encountered so far. So seeing the ending to SG's criminal career was frustrating but actually was quite enlightening and not really surprising. Can one say that going insane is the only solution to finding happiness in a Korean person's life. Insanity allows you to shed all inhibitions, to throw away all burdens and responsabilities and, therefore, be HAPPY! SG's ending was a turning back to his past self when he was a servant. The dance in the end supports this statement since we learned through "HWANG JINI" that this is the peasant style of dance. Also, the accent on keeping the family together is I think the lesson that this novel wants to convey. Families should stick together through thick and thin! However, I'm still on the puzzled side of things when it concerns Korean justice!

Thirdly, although I'm starting to distance myself from KDrama, at least that's my temporary wish, I can't help but continue on being fascinated by the Korean culture. In other words, I will be probably  hooked for a long time ...

Thank you again, dear Timsha for your kind recap job in here. I sincerely hope I find you again in the other forums: Suggestion *cough cough cough*: "The Wang Family!"

;)) :)) :D:( >:) ~X(

@bushiko9 What you have written is insightful especially about TV Novel theme being about forgiveness and keeping family together.....maybe its a by-product of the Korean war with so many families being torn apart that they seem to place more emphasis on keeping the family together no matter what... ... whenever I start a TV Novel its always there at the back of my mind that there will be forgiveness in the end.... but the problem being that I as a viewer in this present time find it goes against everything I believe in to accept such a concept of forgiveness especially when murder is involved.  So thats why I rant and rave here about all that injustices that they dish out for 139 episodes and in the next one episode everything is forgiven .... I rather SG paid dearly for all his crimes with a long spell in prison and then after that those affected by his misdeeds forgive him rather than this writer writing in an insanity loophole for all to overlook his evil deeds and forgive him. Anyway I can safely say though its a crappy ending at least it was better that Samsaeng's ending with an appearance of 3 ghosts.

I do follow Wang Family but rather sporadically .... what I am currently watching with so much pleasure and delight is Can We Love .... such an entertaining drama plus I love Uhm Tae Woong .... right now in the drama he is so slowly and deliciously flirting and seducing Eugine and that blockhead is not even aware yet ...hell I think he himself doesnt know how seductive he is  :D

I agree w @bushiko9 that Wang family is really good n it's poignant n funny at the same time! I will miss our dear VP n hope to see him in another Drama. U r so right that VP was the only believable character in the drama but pity that he didn't get his girl. Stupid drama left it open ended. I would hv thought when they brought him back to the show, it meant tat romance will blossom but I was too optimistic!

@buzzzz  A romance was never gonna happen between EH and VP. They are by Korean law siblings, even if they never met, or grew up with one another. The writer made it clear again that this was not an option when SG placed that article in the paper telling everyone they were step brother and sister but in an indecent or incestuous relationship. I am glad she never did have feelings for him because she was the biggest IDIOT in this drama and he deserved sooooooooo much better.

Guest fifthtry

Despite @bushiko9's illuminating post about the final episode,  I say the ending was the worst episode of the entire drama.  Pardon my French but wtf was that?!  Who the hell is SG that everything centered around him?  In what universe would the reunion had taken place at the mental hospital he was staying in.  He escaped into lunacy and so escaped taking responsibility for his actions.  At the very least he should be serving several life sentences.  He was in a wheelchair and could get up and jump around and dance?  Again, wtf!

I agree with @kdramafan469, that the VP is better off without the moron EH.  It looks like she ended up with SJ.  She lands in Korea and goes straight to the place where she has happy memories with SJ.  The VP does not know where she has gone to but SJ knows.  They are still very connected with each other.  Two dull, stupid fools would probably not find a better match even if they conducted a search in another galaxy. 

The VP should have written an article about SJ and evil spawn YJ pairing.  That is really incestuous.  They may not be related by blood but they were raised as brother and sister.  Why that was not done is something I can't understand! 

I watched Wang family till recently.  I didn't like HB's actions.  She literally beat the crap out of her cheating husband when she physically assaulted him and faked her kidnap/ransom.  I can understand her feelings.  If she had fantasised about it, I would have been okay with it but to actually do something criminal is not okay.  I also didn't like it when GB scolded her younger sister for not wanting to be a judge.  She said that because she had disappointed her parents, her younger sister should do what their parents want.  I didn't expect her to be so selfish and self-absorbed.   The show has lost its appeal and I'd rather watch My love from the stars, King of Dramas and Prime Minister & I. 

Guest ayselbora

A different viewpoint from Asianwiki:

"when a person is badly hurt, the first though that will hit your head is to get help. Maybe, bring that person to a hospital instead of teaking and shaking the person would help save them. The gangters didn't kill  Joangtae... the VP and  Eunhui's  stupidity did (or you, the writers!"      CORRECT!

Eunhee in ajumma style was really awful.

Guest bushiko9

I woke up this morning with 3 things in my mind:

1) Get the garbage out of the house and onto the garbage truck;  [Failure *sighs*]

2) The nagging question or matter that @timsha has mentioned regarding the tendency of KDrama to encourage reconciliation among family members . Isn't this a metaphor/a desire for the reconciliation between North and South Koreas? So many atrocities have occurred between the two nations (that seem to go further back into pre-Joseon era), that reconciliation between them would require blind forgiveness and an intense re-definition of the notions of justice, ethics and forgiveness. I wonder if KDramas have a subversive function of educating the viewers' minds to this possibility of unconditional forgiveness. The idea just gives me an intense headache....

3) *chuckles* EunHui's 'new look' appears to have made her a clone of her REAL mother. I wonder if this portends that she'll be walking in her mother's footsteps from now on.
$-) :o3 8-}

• 4 months later...
Guest ThomasW1430293836

I get a kick out of all the dodos who keep mocking EH.  Maybe they need to get out more.  I suspect they haven't watched a whole lot of K dramas.

Guest ThomasW1430293836

Amazing, so many going om about trivia.  Interesting drama with a lot of twists and turns.

Guest ThomasW1430293836

Interesting that so many miss the boat.  This is primarily about Cha and his misadventures.

Archived