[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Hello, I am here, most of the time as a reader. We are at eposide 33, after a jump of 4 years. I think more scenes will be in Seoul since everybody seems to be going to Seoul.

me here too @timsha :)  Eun Hee look very confident now as "big sister" in factory.  Saw preview of new guy - he doesn't look like very nice person!  Is Jeongtae now with the gangsters.  He is wearing suit, looking very smart but walking with them.

YJ will bluff SJ that she lied to EH to protect him.  He will believe her.

Two reasons why Jeongtae (JT) is with the gangsters. He thought the gangster boss 'save' him from going to jail (4 years ago) and follow him to Seoul too look for EH.
:(

Thanks @mckh.  So EH wanting to help JT become worse for him, if he continue to mix with gangsters.  I hope after find EH, he don't mix anymore with gangsters.

@funi @mckh Jeongtae now working for slimeball gangster boss in Seoul Hotel's Cabaret nightclub, which gangster boss is running with his moronic goons from Incheon. Gangster boss boastful and says he owns Jeongtae  (wait till Jeongtae finds out Grandma paid the money for his release and why). Recently Jeongtae finally found Eunhee after 4 yrs . Through Jeongtae's recommendations to Lora Kim, the President of Seoul Hotel, Eunhee secures job as Secretary to Lora Kim as well as her stepson (new guy). Unknown to both Lora Kim and Eunhee they are actually related, Lora Kim being Eunhee's father's sister.

In today's ep 43, Eunhee and Seongjae finally meet but Eunhee is cold towards him and congratulates him on his upcoming marriage to YJ. Pissed off Seongjae confront YJ who claims to have done that in his interest......despite harsh rejections from Seongjae she turns to Grandma and informs her that Eunhee has met with Seongjae......she cunningly instigates the old lady that the only way to stop Seongjae is to announce their engagement....and that fool Grandma agrees.

I am equally just as pissed as Seongjae......well almost all TV Novels has this delusional korean girl who must have her guy at all cost, so here too they have faithfully churned out such a character.  What to do.....thats the level of most TV Novel's scriptwriter's so called creativity.

Edit: I forgot.....Seongjae goes to Seoul Hotel to try to meet Jeongtae but instead runs into Eun Hee.....and also new guy.

I agree @timsha.  Always same plots.  Crazy stalker, second and most imp couple are already in-laws so family object, evil unpunished because must have pollyanna ending for all characters.  I now a bit tired of kdramas.... always the same.

Wouldn't it be great if they manage to drag SJ to marry YJ.  Then just before pronounced married, the witness stands up and say that aha! no wonder Mr Cho look so familiar - he the one ran out of the company that night drunkard fool, son of foolish grandmother died? :))

At start of show, I thought the landlord daughter will cause problem since she likes JT so much.  But now she married the other tenant.  But all along, she remain nice person and good to EH.  She llike her father, both have good and big hearts.

Guest atomickitty

Maybe I'm getting tired of the same story too because I haven't really had much to say. There's not much I can say about YJ that I didn't already say about YR on Sincerity Moves Heaven or that other girl from TV Novel SS. I don't understand this concept of wanting a guy so badly you do sneaky things to get him. It makes no sense to me but it happens all the time in kdrama. I guess it happens in real life too, but I hope it doesn't happen as much as it happens in kdrama because that would be insane. Then half the women in the world would be crazy stalkers.

I really have started not to care about a lot that's going on. What I am here for now is to see when
1) YJ finds out her father is the one that killed SJ's father. I think she's going to find out first and then, of course, lose her mind and hide that fact so she can marry SJ.
2) Grandmother finds out the person who killed her so much beloved son is the one that has been sitting and eating across from her for over 20 years. I think she's going to have a heart attack when she finds out. And if by that time, SJ has married YJ..... yup.. I'm pretty sure her head will explode...

I think from seeing the end of this episode, next episode the new guy will ask EH how many men she has.. because I think he saw her with JT and now he's seeing her this time with SJ. I still don't know how I feel about him being romantically involved with EH. Well.. we'll see how that plays out. All I know is I think EH and SJ relationship is dead and SJ will end up married to YJ. Because kdrama likes to teach girls that if you want a guy, stalk him and plot sneaky things till he marries you.....

@atomickitty, I think you are right.... YS will marry SJ.  When he find out her father is one who "killed" his father, he will not forgive them.  Because they used that to stop him be with EH.  Mr Cha anytime could have spoke up.  Or helped them be together.  But he want to protect himself and his family so he allow them to play God with people's lives.  That he will not forgive. 

Why EH mother not tell JT EH contact in Seoul?  Is it because he mix with gangsters or she scared he tell SJ? 

@funi yes I too believe that SJ will marry conniving manipulator YJ. Serves that old grandma right for sending Hyeongman to an early grave and making his family's life a misery.....karma will come back and bite her on her old saggy wrinkled fanny....cant wait to see that happen. 

Like I said earlier, its definitely a toss between the new guy and JT.......and if they follow the traditional ruling of step cousins cant marry, then it surely must be JT she will end up with......he is such a protective caring guy where EH is concerned.

@funi. EH asked her mum not to tell anyone including JT her contact in Seoul as she do not wants SJ to know her whereabouts.

@atomickitty, YJ father did not kill SJ father as it was an accident.

Thank you @mckh for the explanation.  Not to be picky but I think @atomickitty is right.  Mr Cha did kill SJ's useless father.  It was not murder like old lady thinks.  But her useless son was killed by Mr Cha in self-defense.  This is my understanding of murder and kill.  But maybe I am wrong.

Ep 44 ....While trying to meet JT at the cabaret, SJ accidentally sees EH, a little altercation ensues with cold arrogant guy and SJ, in the midst of this EH made a quick escape.  YJ upset that SJ went to Seoul and met EH and promptly carries the tale to grandma, then she met up with EH to asks her not to meet SJ anymore....EH agrees.

Now comes the interesting part, Incheon Tofu Factory hoping to do some business with Seoul Hotel (some plot uncle Lee Baeksu and mobster boss, Kang Jaepil is cooking up), guess who is the rep from Incheon Tofu going to meet arrogant new guy, yup SJ.  He meets EH in the guy's office when she went to serve him coffee.  Look like the cat is out of the bag, SJ finally finds out where EH is working.

From what I can see, EH still cares about SJ even though she denies it to JT,  after meeting YJ she sits down, takes his picture out from her wallet (its hidden at the back of her mother's photo) and tears it up while crying. 

The preview was interesting too, the detective is getting suspicious I think, there's the usual scene of YJ barging into SJ's bedroom cross examining him whether he met EH, JT and SJ having an arguement with JT warning him not to meet EH, and lastly SJ is seen questioning that detective about his father's death.

funi said: Thank you @mckh for the explanation.  Not to be picky but I think @atomickitty is right.  Mr Cha did kill SJ's useless father.  It was not murder like old lady thinks.  But her useless son was killed by Mr Cha in self-defense.  This is my understanding of murder and kill.  But maybe I am wrong.

About the "new" (the Vice President) guy. Still don't know his character's name, but the actor is 이하율 (he previously went by the name Lee Jong Ho [이종호] when participating in other dramas, such as jTBC's Padam Padam and MBC's Late Night Hospital, and KBS Drama Special Season 3's "Don't Worry, It's a Ghost")

@mckh, I see your point. 

I think EH's aunt will be richer and more powerful than toufu lady?  Toufu lady live too long as richest, most powerful person in Incheon.  When things go her way, she can act good and caring.  When she is upset, she bring down full weight of her position on the person.  She easily manipulated by YJ.  YJ mention EH name like magic to get what she wants from old lady.

Just watched ep 45 this morning.....it held quite a few developments......I like that things are (so far) moving along at a steady pace, the drama has not hit a stumbling block yet where things get draggy.

Anyway, EH and SJ finally meet.  Vice President (cold guy) suspects there is more to EH/SJ relationship esp. since both from Incheon. SJ and JT part on an angry note, after JT warns him to stay away from EH.  Also SJ now knows for a fact that YJ knew that EH worked at Seoul Hotel and lied to him the other time when she quickly got him out of the hotel.

Detective guy is getting a whiff of something suspicious about Seokgu though he does not let Seokgu know. Seokgu's behaviour is arousing his curiousity, firstly he did not want the detective to tell that grandma about the witness the detective located in Busan, then when SJ dropped in at the office and introduces himself to the detective, a very nervous Seokgu quickly cuts in on their conversation about his father and takes the guy out, plus when SJ approaches the detective again outside the factory to ask him more about his father's death, Seokgu loses his temper and is extremely rude to SJ and ask him to concentrate on his work instead. When parting ways with the detective after a meal, Seokgu is feeling relieved but the detective has instead  become more puzzled at his odd behaviour.

Vice President guy made EH accompany him for his visit to the Tofu Factory.  That cockroach, Lee Baeksu, was really funny.....not realising who was in the car with the Vice President he rushes over to open the car door for her and even bowed down low respectfully. Grandma and Seokgu shocked at meeting EH again. 

Next Monday's episode is going to be rivetting......amongst other scenes there was one of Vice President feeding EH a piece of tofu infront of a shocked SJ, which is really so priceless.  Sometimes I really like this cold guy, he seems to be able to put things together quite quickly.  Plus I think he wants to eat at that soup place so that he can meet her mother.   

I am glad in this episode at least we get to see that SJ is onto YJ's lies and the tales she carry to grandma. It was also great to see EH coming back to Incheon Tofu Factory with her head held high...the last time that cockroach dragged her out and threw her onto the streets.  Lee Baeksu needs to mind his Ps and Qs around EH now or else that Vice President will make him regret it.

EH did not recognise the gangster who came with JT to her factory?  The gangster frightened her and wanted to kidnap her but she can't recognise him?  Very strange!

Guest Betty59

Hi
I'm breaking my silence with my first post. I'm really enjoying this drama and I've caught up with all the English subs and am doing my best to watch the RAW with my limited understanding of Korean. Thank you @timsha, and @atomickitty for your recaps as it helps me to follow the story. and as I'm in for the long haul your recaps will sustain me until the Eng. subs come out.   :)
I just finished watching Dal Ja's Spring.  Agreed, lovely.  Thanks @atomickitty for the recommendation. I've watched a variety of different dramas that I would have missed through being on this forum.

Archived