[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Thank you @timsha for the awesome recaps.  I've been wanting to thank you for sometime!  Just managed to recall my soompi password today :))  It's  nice to see familiar names here.  I hope too that @funi returns to the thread.  She has good insights and a cute way of expressing herself.

The VP seems to think that Lora Kim had something to do with his Dad's death.  Her brother was accused (judged and condemned by many) as a murderer.  When she learns of this, she might ask her private investigator to search for the witness who saw Seokgu flee the office.  

@O I am happy that there are quite a few people here now.  I am not sure if LK knows about her brother's death and that he has been branded a 'murderer', we have seen that she has her own detective looking for a woman which I think is EH's mum (I heard something like Han Jeonga???  so could she possibly know of her brother's death? Is Hyeongman really her brother??.....lots of koreans have similar surnames) .  She has already met that malicious grandma but so far there has been no real developments on SJ's dad death.  The writer feeds us little morsels of a possible break through but nothing concrete so far.  Is EH really LK's daughter.  Compared to other TV Novels this is so far (touch wood) holding its own momentum without being too boring.....its just a comfortable daily drama that I have come to enjoy watching in the mornings.  My only request is that the writer dont make the ending so nauseating like other TV Novels, where good always forgives evil no matter what they did in the previous 119 eps or so.  I dont want to see that mean Grandma suddenly do a 360 degree turn and forgive Seokgu in the end, she held a venomous grudge against Hyeongman just cos she saw him holding her dead son plus her cruelty toward 2 innocent people she condemned as gulity by association to Hyeongman. Mean of me but I want SJ to marry YJ if only to have karma teach this nasty old lady a lesson.  She is always spitting with rage at EH and her mum, let her find out she has been harboring and nurturing a snake under her own roof and even sharing meals with for more than 20 years......she will choke on her own venom.

@timsha, if I recall correctly, EH's mom told her landlord that she wishes she could return to Gaeseong to search for her SIL.  She said that she was the only family Hyeongman had and the siblings had a deep bond.  She also said that Hyeonman's sister and her were exceptionally close.  I think she mentioned that the sister doesn't know that Hyeongman died and the murder he was charged with.  She said the sister loved EH very much. 

I too would like to see SJ marry YJ.  It would serve all of them right when the truth is revealed! YJ is a chip of the old block.  She regrets her actions and the harm it has done EH, but she knowingly incites grandma's wrath to get what she wants.  Just like her Dad - never sorry enough to do the right thing!  I saw the scene where she told SJ that he was a fool to hang on to a woman (EH) who doesn't want him!  The fool SJ should have responded 'look in the mirror!".  Why does SJ and the others still want to tiptoe around her, like she is all fragile?  She is the youngest person in that household but the one yanking all their strings.   

@O Yes now u made me remember EH mum's conversation about the SIL.  Also agree with you, YJ orchestrates a lot of behind the scenes plots in this household to get her way, and when everything failed, a hint of a sordid drunken nite spent together worked....... and so far nobody has been the wiser for it.  But then this has always been the way kdramas are played out... conveniently everyone is none the wiser of the puppeteer pulling the strings. What I find it quite unbelievable in this drama is that, the grandma being quite old would have been more deadset against breaking taboos, like step sis and step bro getting married, but here grandma the head of the cheer leading group going all out to ensure her grandchildren marry each other.

I like that  the witness (Yongpal???) whom SG met previously in Busan has turned up at Tofu Factory (with his memory restored)  and is trying to blackmail SG, and SG in a state of panic gets in touch with mobster Kang for help in getting rid of him......looks like SG will be digging his own grave in the end.  With the tight connection between the mobster and Lee Baeksu..... I foresee lots of trouble for SG.  Kang Jaepil's boys goes to Busan and give a beating/warning to the witness.  I think SG has just walked into the mobster's clutches.

Someone must be reading our posts here, EH changed her dressing (I think its the jacket/skirt that VP got her).....JT commented she looks good....but that bad hair day she is having every single day needs to go.  When she was a clerk at the Tofu Factory her hairstyle was neat, now she looks like never washes her hair at all, its all greasy and clumpy  .....yucks! Plus the shoes too need to go. VP was pleased she wore the suit.

LK not too happy about the budding realtionship between EH and VP.....she especially was not pleased when VP took EH side during the visit of the nasty witch from Japan (Hanakuya???), and that how VP had invited EH to have dinner with him (when he turns down all her attempts to have a meal with her)...and now that EH is wearing the suit VP bought.....she seems to think EH is either misunderstanding VP's good intentions or maybe misleading VP into thinking she is interested.  LK was actually VP's dad's secretary at one point....... so maybe she is afraid EH will do the same as what she did in the past?  She's starts showing her nasty side to EH and gives her lots of work and nitpicking on everything.

EH's mum, Sundeok, Sambong and old man on a visit to Seoul.  EH's mum waiting at the hotel lobby and runs into Lora Kim.  Next week sure would be interesting.

Notice I dont have anything much to say about SJ/YJ for sometime now........thats just cos that conniving wench is as smug as a cat that got the cream and it irks me that the fool SJ smiles at her so fondly and lovingly, dotes on her, goes bridal gown shopping, movies, dinners, bought her a diamond engagement ring, took her to the temple to introduce her to his father, etc, etc, ......well you get the drift.  Mean old me cant wait for all bad things to happen to her to wipe that look of sublime happiness off her face forever .....so need to take a deep breath and calm down cos thats going to take at least another 50 more episodes to happen.

@O She did tell him......he barged into that mobster office......some conversation......I was blur :-??

He is still  working for mob boss......but more like LK has sort of priortised his services for herself. Maybe JT is still working off his mum's debts??

PS:  I think she left out the part where the bargain with the old lady for his release was in exchange for her leavng Incheon.

Guest atomickitty

Next week is going to be F.U.N. which spells fun. Looks like Lora Kim is finally going to know who EH is and I'm guessing it will mean she'll stop treating her like she's an alley cat out to get the cream. Or not. It could also mean the start of... but he's your cousin.. you can't date him...

@timsha
I laughed throughout the wedding dress scenes and all that treacly nonsense. I thought "wow, that's a nice dress.. it will really bring out the collarbone you got from your murderer of a father".

@o
I totally agree about JY and her father. Not sorry enough to do the right thing indeed. and content to do more wrong.

I think JY's father (Mr Cha?) is dumber than the tray of tofu he sells. He just sent a wolf to go get the fox out of the hen house. The mobster is likely going to find out why he was sent to terrorize a poor drunk and then what? He's going to send Grandma to beat the mobster up? Useless man. He's finally, slowly, turning into the TV Novel villain we all know.

@timsha I'm a little confused about JT also....but I don't think he's still there to pay off his moms debt. Her debt was only 500$ and Kang told him several times in the beginning that if he came to work for him he wouldn't have to repay the money. We know he was only working with Kang because he thought he was indebted to him, now that he knows that is not the case he should consider the last 4yrs as repayment for his mom and call it quits. If LK wants to hire him as her body guard (which is completely acceptable in Korea for business men and women), then that's what she should do.

And about YJ and SJ...*shakes head and sighs*.  I find it UTTERLY SICKENING! that these two should even consider marriage. While they are not related by blood they were raised as siblings in the same house, now they are supposed to get married, and have sex in the same house with mom, dad, gma and the rest? ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!  Although it would serve gma right that SJ marries the daughter of the true murderer after how she treated EH and her mom.

Guest atomickitty

HEAR HEAR @kdramafan469
It's nuts... and I'm surprised grandma allowed it. It's usually such a taboo in dramas. Even when parents marry later in life and have kids from previous relationships, those kids aren't allowed to touch. When you've been raised for what? 20 years? as siblings.. I'm sorry.. but that's your brother.. that's your sister.. please don't kiss or make moon faces in front of me or you'll excite my gag reflex.
:-&

I suppose grandma allowed it as an effort to separate SJ from EH. Well.. best of luck to you grandma. Hope it works out the way you want, you silly bat.

And SJ, I don't like the way he gave up and decided to marry YJ. I understand that he thinks he's doing the responsible thing as he's under the impression he did the nasty with his sister.. [ OMG.. hold on..  :-&  ..  :-&  .. OK, got it under control ] but from four years ago, I think he should have gone about it differently. If someone tells me that the father of the person I'm crazy in love with killed my father, my first reaction would be.. prove it. I would pretend to go along with what everyone is saying and look for proof behind their backs. I would tell my love, listen.. they say your dad killed my dad, but I don't care and I don't believe it.. Let's pretend we've broken up and snoop around each of our families to find out what the truth is. But, that's just me and my sneaky ways.. You're talking to a girl who at 5 years old tried to get herself locked in a department store (Harrods I think it was) so she could 'play more'.

And why do they always go drinking with the ones they shouldn't. Maybe because I can't hold my liquor, or maybe because I'm female, I was taught differently. I was taught to never get drunk, or otherwise incapacitated, when in the company of someone I know wants in my pants. So I say good luck, this time to you SJ. It's a good thing you're not blood related so your niece-daughter won't come out with one eye in the middle of her face.

:-&

Since we are on the topic of SJ and YJ relationship......I cant remember which episode it was, but YJ's mother (and also Halmoni??) was aware of YJ's interest in SJ.  I remember her mum and dad's conversation where the mum said that she knew but thought it was just an infatuation and that YJ would grow out of it.  And also during the time SJ was in the army it was YJ who visited him weekends without fail.....nobody discouraged this kind of morbid devotion to the 'brother' so they by turning a blind eye were guilty of actually encouraging her all along. 

:((  When LK asked EH's mum about her daughter.....EH's mum lied and said that her daughter died.  I dont understand the reason for her to lie ..... thats so totally selfish, she should put EH's interest first.....she will stand to gain so much if LK knew EH was her daughter. 

@timsha, what a totally unexpected turn of events!  Does EH's Mom know that LK is EH's boss?  Was it you who once speculated that EH could be LK's long-lost daughter?  It's looking like a real possibility with the lie!

Guest atomickitty

well now ladies and gents (are there any gents here?), the plot has thickened up some hasn't it.

@timsha, I think the reason EH's mom lied is because I think LK is EH's bio mom. LK asks how is "MY" daughter several times. EH's mom has lost her mind. I understand that whole, I don't want to lose my daughter crap, but lady.. you're just prolonging the inevitable. Why don't people realize that lies don't last. Something is going to pull on a string and just unravel it all. Now, EH's mom is probably going to encourage EH to quit her job and come back home or something like that. Let's see where this goes as I wasn't expecting this.. at all. I thought now that LK has me up with EH's mom, we could work on clearing EH's dad's name.. but it looks like we have to jump through this hoop of hiding EH's identity from LK first. Much to process. I haven't even watched the whole episode yet.. just paused to come here and jibber jabber. I've been doing that a lot lately.. :)

EDIT TO ADD:
Wait a minute.... waitt.. a .. ridiculous. .minutee..
if LK is EH's bio mom, who's the father? It better not be VP's father.... I have enough to deal with with SY and YJ.. I don't need more creepy borderline relationships. I'll need them to clear that up for me right away.

@O Yes I did state that EH is LK's daughter.......cos some episodes back she was looking at the family potrait and going 'my daughter'. And yes the mother knows, cos LK told her that she was the President of the hotel. Later back in EH room....she is seen asking about the President and what sort of person she is.

@atomickitty yes EH is LK's daughter, I wrote about this sometime back.....and yes we might have the usual forbidden relationship.... we all know that VP has feelings for EH, maybe the writer is looking at creating this relationship, hence the need for the writer to throw in EH's mother's lie.  Mmmm makes me wonder why most TV Novels seem to carry this same theme.....was it cos of the war and families being torn apart and contact lost for years???? To save EH the heartache, I hope she does not fall for VP, the girl has gone thru a brusing heartbreak she surely does not need this.

I dont know if VP's dad is the father or not.....but even if is not, the relationship would be forbidden.  Similar to My Love, where Seunggi and Attorney Park could not marry as Seunggi mother was Atty Park's step mother.  Same might apply here.

Edit:  Just needed to add this, I forgot ealier.  YJ is a certified B.I.T.C.H, that snake is suggesting to SJ to hold their engagement party at Seoul Hotel.  Next she will suggest this to that mean Grandma. X(

Archived