[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

Yeah...forming team Jeongtae already.  Seongjae is OK but he seems a bit blur....he seems to have a perpertually spaced out look like he lost in his own thoughts.....but I felt sorry for him when he had to break up with Eunhee, he was seriously devastated.

OK, I am beginning to find YJ a bit tiring....all the things she does just to get married to Seongjae I try to still keep an open mind....but everytime that YJ says 'Oppa' in her imitation of a timid lost little girl's voice, I want to go thru my screen and do some serious damage to her vocal cords. X(

i'm already team JT from his first appearance ... why do i always like the poor second lead? whyyyyyyyyyy
am i the only one who find YJ's face disturbing ... i keep getting freaked out over her features.
EH looked like she carry the burden of the world on her shoulder perpetually ... the girl need to smile more but even smiling she looked kind of sad.

Eunhee looks a bit more cheerful now than when she was in Incheon at the Tofu factory......but seriously she needs some personal grooming pronto.....her hair looks like it needs to find a comb, and her clothes are too depressing, especially since now she is working as a secretary in Seoul Hotel.  She is quite a sweet looking girl and would look really attractive if she took better care of her personal grooming and image.

@atomickitty, I saw one show where girl was rich.  Father owns the clinic where the poor doctor works.  But this girl and the doctor not have major roles in show.

@timsha, Eun Hee actually very pretty girl.  Without makeup and dress so plain, she is sweet looking.  If she dress up a bit and put on just lipstick, she will be beautiful! 

atomickitty said: @creidesca, i would definitely watch it if i could find it. know where i can find it? i like finding random tv novels. the last one i found and watched was hometown station. that one wasn't too bad. i also notice in tv novel that i've seen so far (about 6? of them) the first love guy is always from a richer family. i wonder if there is a tv novel where the girl is actually the rich one.

I had an Aha!! moment, I know where I had seen that silly wig Seongjae's uncle wears........its the same one the freaky long haired guy Pansu (the one Sundeok was having a blind date with) had on.  They had passed it onto uncle once Pansu's little shot at fame was over.  Gawd awful taste, he is a little slimey man with small shifty eyes. Anyway uncle's wig looks like a really nasty flea infested racoon died on his head. :D

Just finished ep 39 and 40, looks like Seokgu has finally caved and gave his approval to Young Joo after her little running away from home stunt (she did not get very far though).  Although Seongjae has not agreed yet, Young Joo is as happy as a cricket thinking she is going to get what she wants....until in ep 40 while both she and Seongjae are attending her friend's wedding at Seoul Hotel, she bumps into Eunhee....but from what I can see of the preview for 41 she must have been successful in keeping them still apart.

I was happy with what the landlord told Eun Hee's mother.  He said he doesn't know her husband.  But he knows she and Eun Hee are good people and that is enough for him!  Such a wonderful man.  The opposite of Mrs Lee who keep saying want them to admit guilt and pay.  Even if say Eun Hee's dad killed her son, why expect them to pay?  She always say she want justice. But this is revenge, not justice.

I agree with @timsha about the stupid uncle.  When he heard from the gangster chief about how SJ got beaten up, he immediately blamed Eun Hee.  You mean Eun Hee should not protest and should just go with the gangsters?  He idiotic as his Aunt.  Stupidity run in that family.

I don't like YJ.  So young and so sly.  She tell Eun Hee she will not tell Grandmother that she was with SJ.  But immediately at the hospital she just blurt out about Eun Hee and the way she say it, as if Eun Hee is the one who go looking for SJ.  I will be happy when real situation is revealed and she has bigger fall than Eun Hee!  Waiting for day SJ find out that person who told his grandmother is this psycho obsessed with him. 

What I find so embarassing is that Seongjae's uncle seems to think himself as such an important man, and that the factory runs smoothly cos of him,  that he fails to see that people just suffer his stupidity and keep quiet rather than waste time telling him that he is a moron.

I wonder whether Eunhui will end up with the new guy? That happened in "Windflower". In that TV Novel, the lead girl's first love was a waste of time--no courage to stand up for what he wanted and to top that off, he believed his love to have stolen money from his family (ends up marrying the rival who framed [she stole the money too] his love for the stealing). By the end he does divorce her once he finds out the truth of what she did to the lead girl. The 2nd guy was one she saw as a brother since they grew up together. 3rd guy became her husband--his attitude was bad, but that was due to his illness, and she changed him (but he eventually died).

I think its a toss between the new guy (still dont know his name) and Jeongtae, I dont think Eunhee will end up with Seongjae even if she loved him once cos essentially its his grandma's accusation that directly caused her father to die, plus made both Eunhee and her mother's lives to be such a misery.  I think Lora Kim (her aunt) will flight to clear her younger brother, Hyeongman's name.

Seokgu chap is such a coward, and always in denial about the right time is to come forth with the truth.  He can obviously see the suffering Eunhee and her mum is going through, but he keeps quiet deluding himself that he will reveal the truth later ..... we can see exactly how that is not going to be of help to anyone except for him and his family. They potray him as a quiet hardworking gentleman.....but after more than 20 years he is still finding the right time to come clean.  Probably the old lady will die first before he can find the courage to do so.

Guest atomickitty

And I think that's exactly what he wants @timsha. I think he wants the old lady to die before he says anything. I mean, it's not like he's going to jail for what happened. Like you said, it's been over 20 years and I think the statute of limitation on murder in Korea is less than that.

[sidebar: I don't know why there's a statute of limitation on murder anyway. If you take the life of another human being, you should be liable for it for LIFE. If anyone can explain to me the logic behind why Korea has that statute, please do]

Actually, I don't think he'll even say anything when she dies. I think he can rationalize it all and say he'll "pay Eun Hee and her mother back". The only thing I can say is going in his favor, so far, is that he hasn't done anything more evil to cover up the first evil he did. Like in TV Novel SS, how the uncle (forgot his name already) did even worse things to cover up the kid swap. I know it's bad that he's letting Eun Hee and her mother suffer the stigma of being related to a murderer. But, at least he's not doing things like creating fake evidence to prove that Eun Hee's dad was the culprit. This is the only reason I'm not throwing word rocks at him. He is a coward though, but not an evil one. Creating fake evidence is something the uncle form SS would do.. (and why can't I remember that uncle's name!!!!!!!).

As for who she ends up with, I don't want it to be the new guy. For no other reason but the fact that I don't want to go through the drama of.. "OMG.. That's totally like your cousin. You can't like date your cousin. It's so like not done and is so very forbidden and like that's your father's sister's son. OMG so gross. Oh so, he's adopted. NO WAY!! Like seriously? No blood relation? But no, you still can't like date him.. that's totally still mental incest." I would like to skip that please.

@creidesca, thanks for the TV Novel info. How many have you watched? I wish I could find them to watch because, as some of us know, I love to watch and hate a TV Novel. They always disappoint me a little but obviously I can't get enough, because here I am again. The only one that didn't disappoint me 100% was Hometown Station..

I thought the heroine was a little dumb for marrying the first person she did and thinking the marriage would work, knowing what the family did to her birth father. I also wasn't happy about the somewhat open end. I'm not so very sophisticated. I need to see a wedding scene to know that YES, she is finally going to marry the nice doctor who loves her and isn't going to wait for her indecisive ex.

PS. Dalja's Spring is one of my all time favorites.

I am not positive about it, but the new guy is the aunt's step-son I think.... but I could be wrong.  Is that a no-no as well ??

Yes I like Dalja's Spring as well, Chae Rim (????) was really quirky in that. I like this actress, hardly see much of her nowadays.

@atomickitty, you are right.  He did say to himself that when old lady die, he will reveal truth.  He said now he has his family to think of.  He say he will make it up to Eun Hee and mother and SJ.  But I am liking him less and less.  Tiresome to always hear this excuse to himself. Also I despise him when he told Eun Hee that he also don't know if her father is murderer.  If he at least say that he don't believe it, I will continue to feel sorry for him.  Now I want truth to be revealed (but he himself is actually not murderer).

The policeman said there was witness.  Maybe the witness saw him run out of office?

Guest atomickitty

@timsha,
Yes, even step-son is a no. I think it's all about the family registry. If he's registered as her son then he can't marry his cousin. I think.

@funi,
I hope the witness is a good person and not one of the ones that will come out and blackmail and try to get money first. Those witnesses are always more trouble than they are worth.

@atomickitty Then I am more open minded than I thought, we dont have family registers but as long as there is no blood connection, the two can marry.  After all in the hindu culture uncle can marry niece (sister's daughter), infact he has the right to her hand in marriage, its the norm and recognised. The muslim culture I am not so sure, but I know the guys can marry up to 4 wives, some woman divorce their husbands cos of this and go on and marry another man (imagine if this new husband too take 4 wives) and have children....I just wonder of the probability of  two people meeting and actually finding out they are related....   Anyway I was thinking that as long as not blood related they would be more understanding. I remember one korean drama I think it was My daughter the flower (or something like that) where the female lead is the step daughter of this woman who had a son with another man.  Drama ended with her step daughter and son marrying, and she married her son's father....its complicated right but everyone was kind of accepting it.

@timsha, I now confused reading this.  How they introduce each other to outside people =))

The stupid show before Samsaengi, the girl not allowed to marry her real mother's step-son.  So she married his psycho best friend!  Waste of drama.  One of the stupidest kdramas I saw.

The old lady said that even if situation unfortunate or person had good intentions, if they commit crime they must pay for it.  And she want to exact revenge from EH and mother.  So when she find out that her useless dead son tried to kill someone, will she be so strict on herself and her family?  What atonment she going to do then?

She also say that she indulge son and spoilt him.  That's why he became alcholic and useless.  But she said that he loves SJ best.  How he show that?  When he stumble home drunk, he kiss his sleepiing son!  That is loving best.  Whole day and night in drunken stupor, drinking and gambling.  But good father comes home to kiss sleeping son.  Bah, this kind of love, who need?

YH is very creepy. Still a school girl but see how good liar she is.  She is like a budding pyscho. 

@funi yes Young Joo is a budding everything, pyscho, liar, manipulator......her obsession with Seongtae is all consuming. I think in KBS you will be viewing the episodes after the 4 yrs time leap....u will see how she gets even worse, shamless and desperate in her attempts to get him to marry her.

In the latest episode that I am watching, she bumps into Eunhee at Seoul Hotel and lies that Seongjae has asked her to marry him (I think), then quickly hustles Seongjae away from the hotel on the pretext of being unwell cos she does not went him to run into Eunhee. On returning home she then tries to manipulate grandma (her biggest supporter) to try to get engaged to Seongjae first (Seongjae is not interested in getting married to her, so I think the family is giving him some time to come around to accepting it). /Today's episode will be a slap in her face, cos both Eunhee and Jeongtae are visiting Incheon for her mother's birthday....definitely both Eunhee and Seongjae are going to meet....though the preview doesnt show that, it only shows Jeongtae telling Seongjae not to meet Eunhee (earlier Eunhee who had believed in Young Joo's lies had told Jeongtae that both YJ and SJ were getting married).

Its a bit lonely here all by myself, where is eveyone :-w (:|

Anyways back to the drama.....ep 42, despite YJ's desperate attempts,  Eunhee and Seongjae finally meets. Preview for ep 43 shows Eunhee walking away from Seongjae after telling him she heard that he is planning on marrying YJ.... and Seongjae is pissed off with YJ.

Archived