[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

@funi Me too I like Jeongtae but there seem to be another new guy who I think might fall for Eun Hee too. Seongjae is a nice guy but he lacks some charisma but still he comes across as a gentle and decent young man. Either way I dont know who I want to root for yet.

Guest atomickitty

@timsha
fine.. you twisted my already half twisted arm. I will try to catch up on it this weekend and come back with things to say...  dramaholics has it subbed till ep 25 so that's good.

So Eunhee and mother move away?  I thought the landlord might end up as Eunhee's step-father!  Did he think badly of Eunhee and her mother after they discovered Eunhee's father is "murderer"?   Usually want deeds to be revealed.  But this drama there is no murderer.  The dead man was a useless man who threathened life of a poor weak man.  He died when Mr Cha defended himself.  When revealed, hope Mr Cha will not suffer so much.  All these years, he has been suffering guilt.  True, when his friend was alive he wanted to reveal truth to save friend.  But now he is thinking of his wife and daughter and that stop him from revealing truth.

Thanks @timsha.  So there's still hope for the landlord and Eunhee's Mum :)  The landlord is a big-hearted generous man. I'm glad that he really is accepting of them.

Guest atomickitty

ALL CAUGHT UP!!. Watching ep 36 as we speak.

All these characters.. This is a weird TV Novel (drama) for me. I don't know who to hate!!! Normally there's someone who does or did something horrible, and continues to do horrible things.. so I can hate them. But so far, I haven't found a person I could 100% hate. I don't even hate Yeongju for doing all she could to separate Seonjae and Eun Hee. But let's see how things progress... they might start to do more evil things to cover up what was done. I hope not. I like this idea of not hating someone in a drama.

@atomickitty, I agree.  I want to get angry with Seonjae's grandmother but I pity her more than anything.  She has good insight on character, is a wise and warm person.  Only she blind spot for her son.  I guess that is natural as she his mother, Also she felt betrayed when she thought Hyeonman she trusted was one who killed her son.  If his wife say she think he also guilty, I think she would have kindness in her to help Eunhee and mother or at least exist with them in same town.  But Eunhee's mother refused to believe husband is murderer and that upsets the old lady.  Sometimes I wonder if she is upset because a part of her also don't really think Hyeongman is a murderer.  But not sure about that.

I have not seen the breakup but coming soon.  Seonjae's grandmother now know Eun Hee is Hyeonman's daughter (watching KBS World).  Yeongju overheard conversation and also thinks that Eun Hee is murderer's daughter.  What I I don't like is she obsessed with boy raised like brother to her.  Mother said when she young she cried when found out Seonjae not her real brother.  How you go from that to being in love with that same boy and dreaming of marriage to him?    It not not same like the innocent puppy love of the young or feelings of girl about to become a woman.    That is part I don't like. Sorry, it sounds quite sick to me.

@atomickitty @funi I too posted earlier that I cant find any character that I totally dislike even Young Joo....even when she found out about Eunhee and Seongjae's relationship, she was heart broken but did not do anything to break them up, however when she overheard the convo between her dad and the grandma about Eunhee's dad being responsible for Seongjae's father's death only then did she come forward with the photos to show Grandma.....so actually her intention was to 'save' Seongjae from making a mistake.  That being said....I believe she was being slightly crafty in that she went to Grandma first with the photos, since she knew she knew the old dinosaur would flip, instead of her father who was a bit of a softie where Eunhee was concerned.  So for now she is denitely not hateable yet, but she is certainly on my watch list.

Actually was grandma really blind to her son's fault, he was a womaniser, an alcoholic and gamble....in other words a real low-life.  He treated people badly, especially Seokgu and Hyeongman....she herself had reprimanded him publicly, just cos she saw Hyeongman holding the body she jumped to the conclusion that he had killed her son.  If like she said Hyeongman tried to steal money, it was never discovered on him cos Seokgu picked almost all of it up and ran away.  If this lady is purported to be intelligient and a good judge of character, she should not have so blindly accused Eunhee's dad of murder. In fact the way I see it she is the one solely responsible for Eunhee's father's death.  Now the way she is potraying her son, anyone would think he was a saint instead of what he actually was at that time of his death.  Through some earlier conversations they actually potrayed him as a good family man until his wife died and he turned to vices to overcome his grieve.        

I am also going to watch ep 36 now,  my korean is virtually zero so I have no idea who Lora Kim and that new guy is.  Probably I will have a flash light blub moment like this  *-:) and get to understand whats going on.

@timsha, on the day her son died, when driving back in the car, the chauffeur asked her what she going to do about her son.  And she asked him what is wrong with her son?  She said he will come to his senses soon.  Cannot remember whole conversation.   Whether she said or whether impression I got is that bascially nothing wrong with son except he is in too much grief. 

I had a grand-uncle just like her son. When his wife died, he turned to drinking, gambling and womanizing. Instead of looking after his 2 small sons, aged 3 and 1. Whole family have to raise sons for him. One fine day he left the house. I never once met this grand-uncle. Only heard of him, my family also call him as you say "low-life". His sons, my uncles, all grown up say so what if he was a wonderful man up to the moment wife died. When sons needed him most, he could only focus on himself. Wallow in self-pity for whole life!

She also said that she saw Hyeongman kill her son.  I didn't see that scene.  Did he shake him to see if he was alive?  When she think of the past, they only show Hyeongman with blood on his hands looking up at her with shocked face.  And the policemen is also strange.  No proof and Hyeongman never actually declared murderer because no trial yet, right?  But the policeman said as if Hyeongman escaped justice because of war and he wants to hunt him down.  He also talked about his special police trainiing.  Bah, peacock talking!   The policeman believe her because of her status as most wealthy family in town.

But I can't understand about the missing money.  I asked about it before.  Nobody asked Seogku where he got money to pay hospital?  His own wife never thought about it.  She knew they had no money.  Suddenly bill was paid and she never asked.  Did war happen so soon after that the company don't know money was missing?  According to Hyeongman talking to Seogku, the workers were going to be paid next day.  The son opened company safe and took all the money out of the safe.  He did not take out a little bit.  So still had enough money to pay workers?

I know this is only drama but like got loose ends, not well fit.

Agreed, as with any drama this one has too many 'things' not tied up neatly, but the first one is why that old lady accused Heongman, she only saw him holding her son in his arms, there was blood over Heongman cos Deoksu coughed and sprayed blood all over him, old lady came upon this scene and jumped to conclusion all too easily. And if that stupid policeman with the huge wart on his face cared to look, Deoksu had a wound behind his head. If he was smart enough even with a casual inspection he would be able to conclude the victim hit his head on something.  Missing money not accounted for, no murder weapon, no motive, and like u said Seokgu suddenly had money for son's treatment .........infact they branded Heongman a killer and threw away the key without even bothering to conduct a decent investigation.....then the war happened and nobody bothered to ask any questions. After the war, Seokgu quite thankful that his secret had not been found out happily and willingly slaved away for the old lady as some kind of atonement for unintentionally killing Deoksu.  All I can say is that the timing was not right for Heongman to prove his innocence , the war broke out, amidst the bombings and evacuation this poor innocent man met a very sad death....how I wish Eun Hee will seek justice for her father, if anything I want that old lady to come off her high horse and apologise profoundly for causing his death.

I was watching ep 37 yesterday, and something struck me about that hotelier Lora Kim, she has the same family name as Eunhee, could they be in some way related, and that son(?) of hers, that cold arrogant guy....is he a step son?  He seems interested in Eunhui and even got her to work as his secretary, but he seem not to like Jeongtae...oh how I wish I understood Korean.  Plus I am beginning to get a little annoyed with Young Joo, whoever plans an overnite stay with a guy in a out of the way villa without letting him know.  She lures him there to on pretext of being afraid of taking a bus trip alone and got him to consent to dropping her off at the villa for a girls' overnite gathering but actually the whole fiasco was planned so she could spend the nite alone in that isolated villa with Seongjae .  She is getting pathetically shameless in her tricks to get Seongjae, waiting for him in the pouring rain till late at nite cos he refused to watch a movie with her and now this staying together overnite  stunt designed to make Seongjae take responsiblity for her reputation????  Strangely, I think its going to work, we see Seongjae at a loss how to handle at first but slowly he is giving in little by little.  He does not love her but he cares for her and after 4 yrs without contact with Eunhee he might just move on.  He seems like a decent gentle chap, no real charisma and nothing to rave about either.  However, I find both Jeongtae and that new guy (I heard his name then forgot it immediately) quite charismatic and attractive. 

In today's ep in KBS we see Young Joo's involvement in the truth being laid bare to Eunhee about her dad, and though initially I thought YJ did it cos she felt she was saving Seongjae in mistakenly loving the daughter of his dad's murderer, but today I felt that is because she found the perfect reason to break them up after eavesdropping on grandma's conversation.

This TV Novel seems so far to be quite different from previous ones.....I hope it will continue like this where things seem to be moving along at a good steady pace.

But when Yeong Joo spoke to her Mum about marrying Seongjae, her Mum replied 'how can siblings marry each other'?   So if they stay overnight together, to me there is no need to worry about reputation.  She stay with her brother.  If they worry means they also thinking like her that she can be considered as wife for Seongjae.  If they end up as item, I will stop watching show.    I was telling senior colleague about show and said how can girl think she can marry boy raised as her brother.  My colleague said in that time, it is not uncommon!  Because the thinking is that adopted is not real son or daughter.  So they will marry the person to brother/sister so the adopted one become real son or daughter.   Seem strange thinking to me.  But no wonder Korea not shocked at such story line! 

I agree with you about Seonjae.  Seems like a good guy but dull!  Although I think he has been lonely with his family hardly understand him and support his real dream.  His life has been quite comfortable.  

I think YJ wanted to create a situation where she hoped to seduce Seongjae (she is seen many times getting physically close with him) and then maybe her father would finally give his approval.....dad is the only one standing in the way of what she wants.  Of course Seongjae is not interested in her that way but she feels more motivated now since there is talk of setting him up with a girl with a view to marriage, so she is literally taking the bull by the horns and staking her claim.  Both grandma and mother has no objections to the marriage ...so we can see that they do not view them as siblings at all.  In all honesty, her dad too would have agreed except for his guilty conscience in having caused the death of SJ's dad.

The uncle is dead set against the marriage, cos he sees his chance of taking over the business dwindling.  If SJ becomes Seokgu's son-in-law chances of him getting anything substantial is virtuall non-existent...that old lady would naturally favour Seongjae and Seokgu over the the good for nothing troublesome nephew. That is why he is seen like a cockroach on speed running everywhere trying to locate Eun hee as he sees her instrumental in stopping SJ from marrying YJ.

And also one more point, Seokgu never adopted SJ.  SJ still carries his father's surname.  They just all lived together under one roof out of convenience as the old lady had no other family to rely on.  I am very sure SJ will at this stage at least get engaged to YJ.  It would be interesting to see the developments once Eunhee comes back into this scenario later.

Adoption to me is just formality.  From young, they live under same household and raise as brother and sister.  Seongjae treats her as sister and Mr and Mrs Cha as parents.  That is to me same as whether formally adopted or not.  Mrs Lee of course will not want formal adoption.  She want the Lee name to continue to next generation.

I am not liking Mr Cha so much now.  I understand that he cannot tell truth to Eun Hee but when she asked, at least he could say that he don't believe her father is a murderer.  Instead he say that everyone believe her father is murderer.  Now Eun Hee having doubts about her father.  Now I want the truth to be revealed.  Before I don't want truth revealed as will hurt him.  Now I want everyone to know.  Let him defend himself and see who will believe him.  But I am sure Eun Hee and her Mum will believe him. 

Eun Hee's Mum was great.  What she said to Mrs Lee was great.  After 20 years she still can't think objectively.

I don't like YJ.  When watching I did not get impression that she told Grandmother for Seongjae's sake.  She told to get Eun Hee out of the picture for her own sake.  She feel bad for what she did.  She know it is not right.  But not sorry enough.

Guest atomickitty

I agree @funi. If you are raised like brother and sister, to me, you are brother and sister. I have so many 'aunts' and 'uncles' that are not blood related just because I grew up calling them auntie and uncle and treating them like that. They also take care of me and treat me like a niece.

The new guy seems a little arrogant... but that's the way they always are till they start to love the heroine and become nicer people. I am starting to wonder who Eun Hee will end up with. She has 3 choices. I don;t think she'll end up with Seonjae because he was her first love. I don't think I've ever seen a TV Novel where they ended up with the first guy they loved. It might be new guy but am betting the Lora Kim is related to Eun Hee somehow. Is he really the LK's son? He made a face when he thought of her saying 'mother' and he's kind of mean to her. Maybe she married his father and got the hotel and that's why the new guy isn't nice to her? The LK seems to really care about him.

And Seonjae's uncle. What did they put on his head? That wig is just too horrible. I don't care if that was the style back then. It should not be recreated for us to see. Maybe it would look better on someone with a different face? Who knows.. all I know is he looks silly with that hair.. especially when it gets in the way and he has to fling it back.. creepy.....

atomickitty said:  I don;t think she'll end up with Seonjae because he was her first love. I don't think I've ever seen a TV Novel where they ended up with the first guy they loved. It might be new guy but am betting the Lora Kim is related to Eun Hee somehow. Is he really the LK's son? He made a face when he thought of her saying 'mother' and he's kind of mean to her. Maybe she married his father and got the hotel and that's why the new guy isn't nice to her? The LK seems to really care about him.

Ah that Lora Kim is definitely Eunhee's aunt, she was holding a photo of herself with Eunhee's family.  But I agree not sure who Eunhee will end up with, but I think it wont be Seong Jae, it might be a tussle between angry young man (I still cant get his name) and Jeongtae.  I like Jeongtae cos he is someone like Dongwu from Samsaeng, always selflessly doing everything for Eunhee's happiness, he is like her strong silent guardian angel. :x

maybe because Lora Kim has money and status, she might push to investigate the "murder" to clear family name.  Otherwise, I am wondering how Hyeongman's name will be cleared.

@timsha, I also like Jeongtae.  Seongjae is nice but Jeongtae is man you can rely on.  If anything happens, I rather have Jeongtae by my side than have Seongjae. 

Guest atomickitty

@creidesca, i would definitely watch it if i could find it. know where i can find it? i like finding random tv novels. the last one i found and watched was hometown station. that one wasn't too bad. i also notice in tv novel that i've seen so far (about 6? of them) the first love guy is always from a richer family. i wonder if there is a tv novel where the girl is actually the rich one.

i also like jeongtae better. i always seem to like that type of guy in dramas. they don't usually get the girl most of the time.
:(

Archived