[Drama 2013] TV Novel: Eun Hee / TV소설 – 은희 티저

Guest reijaye

I watched it first time yesterday.  I read just now that Young Joo love Sung Jae.  But since they small, they raise like brother and sister!  No doubt different fathers and mothers.  I find it strange.  Koreans always say they are convervative confusican culture.  But a lot of the dramas this kind of love interest.  Step-brother/sister, people grow up as brother and sister in same house love each other or one love only.  I think not conservative after all! 

Eun Hee face always sad.  But she has hard life so okay.  She is pretty.  No plastic surgery and so pretty.  Can be done!  Wish Koreans stop with all the plastic surgery.  All looking like go to same plastic surgeone and all looking alike, like they are related  =))

Sorry, think me grumpy now.  Better go and drink coffee! 

Guest bkrommo

@funi you are really funny sometimes. @lunaaoi, thanks for the ost it's a very tuneful especially while watching the closing of the episode. @funi   I agree the actress playing Eunhui has something of an attraction just like a village lass charm but she is a smart character. Hope this is a better TV Novel.

funi said:

I watched it first time yesterday.  I read just now that Young Joo love Sung Jae.  But since they small, they raise like brother and sister!  No doubt different fathers and mothers.  I find it strange.  Koreans always say they are convervative confusican culture.  But a lot of the dramas this kind of love interest.  Step-brother/sister, people grow up as brother and sister in same house love each other or one love only.  I think not conservative after all! 

Eun Hee face always sad.  But she has hard life so okay.  She is pretty.  No plastic surgery and so pretty.  Can be done!  Wish Koreans stop with all the plastic surgery.  All looking like go to same plastic surgeone and all looking alike, like they are related  =))

Sorry, think me grumpy now.  Better go and drink coffee! 

So far, this TV Novel looks to be better than the previous 3 TV Novels. They've also returned to using the outside narrative voice? And the rain scene b/w Eun-hee & Sung-jae reminded of the rain scene in a much older TV Novel (You are a Star/My Star, My Love) that starred Han Hye Jin & Kim Seung Soo. The "industry" of that TV Novel was traditional cookies/crackers/cakes (the ones made for holidays/weddings and so forth). At least "My Star, My Love" didn't contain any birth secrets/murders, but still somewhat controversial because it was between a high school student who would enter college soon, and her high school substitute teacher, and her same-age stepsister who was also in love w/ the guy.

efparri

wrote:

»

funi said:<br />

I watched it first time yesterday.  I read just now that Young Joo love Sung Jae.  But since they small, they raise like brother and sister!  No doubt different fathers and mothers.  I find it strange.  Koreans always say they are convervative confusican culture.  But a lot of the dramas this kind of love interest.  Step-brother/sister, people grow up as brother and sister in same house love each other or one love only.  I think not conservative after all!  Eun Hee face always sad.  But she has hard life so okay.  She is pretty.  No plastic surgery and so pretty.  Can be done!  Wish Koreans stop with all the plastic surgery.  All looking like go to same plastic surgeone and all looking alike, like they are related 

=))

Sorry, think me grumpy now.  Better go and drink coffee!  <br />

<br />

<br />

In the subtitles for Korean drama series, the translators substitute the given name for the honorifics to avoid confusion for languages which do not use such subtleties in addressing individuals.

Mr Choi wants Sung Jae to take up business (I think) so that one day he (Sung Jae) can take over the family business. Mr Choi was 'adopted' by the old lady as he saved her during the war after her own son 'died' accidentally. (just before the war) hence the old lady is not Mrs Choi real mother in law. 

You're right @mckh.  They are not family related but now living under same house like family.  Calling 'mother', 'son' etc is not polite subtitle translation but is part of story!

• 2 weeks later...

20 years after the old lady still thinking her dead son was so good.  All the men in her family are defect.  Son stole money from her.  Now nephew.  If her son alive, maybe she now stay on street!  I will watch today's episode.  If Eun Hee blame for nephew's theft, I will stop watching for awhile.  Have too much upset with leading actress in 'Sincerity Moves Heaven', no need to add to emotions :)

• 2 weeks later...

@funi @atomickitty After ep 32, there is time jump of 4 yrs.  The 'crime'  of Eunhee's father is out in the open, the lover's have separated with Eunhee negotiating with that old grandma for Jeongtae release from prison (over some fight with the gangsters) in exchange for her breaking off her relationship with Seongjae and going away to Seoul. The ending for ep 31, shows Seongjae being released after military service, that 'sister' Young Joo is still buzzing around him still fancying him for herself whereas Eunhee is shown at some dingy sewing factory in Seoul.....I have not watched ep 33 yet, it might be interesting and I am thinking of picking this ..... it might be fun if u chingus watch it as well. :D

@mckh How happy am I to see another person here......I was hoping to follow this.  After the time jump I think things would prove to be interesting.  At the moment I too cant really dislike Young Joo, but I think she would some time in the future, when Seonjae and Eun Hee meet up again, will have some negative traits emerging.  She has already started, albeit on a small scale, when she showed Seongjae's photos of Eunhee to Grandma after finding out that they were in a relationship... it was motived by pure jealousy on her part and designed to break the couple up, plus she withheld the letter Eun Hee passed to her to give to Seongjae, tore up the blouse she asked Eunhee to sew for her class project, also she picked up the necklace Eunhee left behind for Seongjae at the hospital (I am sure she did not return it to Seongjae).  However we see her being genuninely remorseful for negative deeds, so we still do not feel much dislike for her character thus far.  No doubt this will change in the future.  Currently she is lobbying very hard for both granda and her parents to approve her marriage to Seongjae (although he is not interested in her), but once Eunhee appears again Young Joo will no doubt fight tooth and nail to keep Seongjae, whether she is going to be good or evil on how she is going to achieve is anybody's guess, but if we base on previous TV Novels there is definitely a good and evil character in all their dramas.....so I think we might see Young Joo giving in to her dark side. I have yet to watch the latest episodes so going to catch up during the weekend. 

Hope to see u here more oftern. ;;)

Guest atomickitty

@timsha
stop trying to sell me your drugs!!! I have been (mostly) drug-free since TV-novel SS ended. I would only watch this for the girl in Shark. She was quite good there so I would hope she continues being good here. Sigh.. will I be marathoning this this weekend?

@atomickitty miahne.  Sorry to suck u back into this sordid world of Kdrama infused drugs.  Was feeling lonely by myself with no one to exchange notes with. Swore off TV Novels, but.....once a junkie always temptation is round the corner.

Its getting interessssting , some many new characters and developments. was trying to see whether any of the old chingus on Samsaeng was around, no luck, This looks a bit better and the female lead is currently in Seoul and there are lots of new interesting faces popping up, I was wondering whether it was worthwhile watching cos I did not  religiously follow this but after ep 32 it was a different scenario altogether, prior to that Eunhee was a miserable drag, then when her relationship was exposed with Seongjae, she left for Seoul and 4 yrs later she is smiling, cheerful and spunky .... not blur anymore as in the beginning.  After 4 yrs she has met up with Jeongtae in Seoul and this new arrogant guy also comes into the picture at the end of ep 35......I think all in all there are 3 guys interested in her......how lucky can a girl get. 

I like Jeongtae best.  But as usual, the heroine cannot see the gold in-front of her.  Seongjae is a nice boy but Jeongtae is a real man.  And really love her.

@timsha, so far I am still here! 

@mckh Oh I see, u havent come to the break up yet, but in the latest episodes I watch there is a vast difference between the Eunhee u see and what I see...she so so much more prettier with a slightly new hairstyle and more brighter.

Archived