SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

in the other SM Audition thread it said that for LA auditions..the final..we have to perform at Jangtuh...on SEPT. 23... IS IT TRUE?!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ginaaax3

Surgery....

IS REQUIRED?

o_o;;;

Unless you're the face that Korea wants, I think they will ask you to. Like double eye lid surgery maybe, or your chin reshaping, or mkaing your nose higher.

Guest 15;;1/2

Oh God, everyone has to dance. -_________-;;

I have few more questions..

1. As for the surgery..I think I have big eyes (that I don't like ><) and sort of high(?) nose because I'm Eurasian.. do I still have to change my appearance?

2. What if you bluff in the dance put do okay in singing/acting?

3. I know basic Korean but I can't speak a lot of Korean. Do I have to speak in straight English or can I say some Korean phrases (like in the intro..)?

Thanks a lot!

Guest Ella_Kwan

The whole thing with surgery, is that YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT!!!

You have a say in what you want doen to yourself eb/c it's your body...

They might push you alittle harder on it but it's ultimatly your choice..

AND FOR SCHOOLING! You have these choices...

A. If you live in the states, then you can go BACK & FORTH on your vaction time & they play for it... EX: STEALLA KIM

B. If you know Korean Fluently, like writing, reading & etc. Then you go to special school that teaches in english & korean & it's in Korea.... again it's OPTIONAL!!! EX: BoA & Jessica H.O.--- They went to that same school...

C. If your Done with High School, you can MOVE to Korea & Train there & go TO COLLAGE!!! If you know Korean (I'm not sure if there are non-korean collages, maybe your Collage can send you ABROAD.)

EX: PEOPLE WHO ARE I COLLAGE & SM SINGERS--- ALL OF SUPER JUNIOR (not sure about Kibum tho.) Thats 12 people, excluding Kibum... Then you have all the DBSK boys (i'm postive they all go to collage, on the SUJU fourm we were talking about it)

-Remeber that you can do what ever be/c your you, DUH.... SM might push you that way or another but it's up to you at the end....

-AND BTW, WHY ARE YOU ALL FOCUS ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN???? TRY GETTING THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND, FIRST!!!

These are the facts, now REMEMBER THEM!!! :):D

I was wondering about the whole nationality thing =o=;;

My friend is african american but she wants to audition and she's really good at singing japanese songs and some korean.

Will they still accept her even though she's not asian?

Like as soon as they see her audition they'll like kick her out or something?

{which would suck cuz we're traveling 3 hours from here just to get to the audition location}

Guest miss':bella

My friend is african american but she wants to audition and she's really good at singing japanese songs and some korean.

{which would suck cuz we're traveling 3 hours from here just to get to the audition location}

I am 99.9% sure they won't accept her due to the fact that she's nowhere Asian.

The flyer says you can be any nationality within this ASIAN range.

Sorry.

-AND BTW, WHY ARE YOU ALL FOCUS ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN???? TRY GETTING THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND, FIRST!!!

These are the facts, now REMEMBER THEM!!! :):D

TRUE THAT! You guys should get through the first round first! The final audition is going to be quite tricky! SO FIGHTING TO US <3 Well whoever is trying out~~~

Guest appledapple

They won't "just kick her out".

Whether or not she would be accepted, none of us know. It is a huge risk to make a trip for these auditions for anyone. It's a chance you take.

I myself did send in an application for this audition with my pic and all very early on (I am also African American) and did not get a confirmation so that in conjunction with the fact they stated Asian specifically in the ad (something they have done the past couple years also if I recall), leads me to believe they have a pretty narrow focus on what they are confident is going to work for their goals right and are going with what they know.

This of course doesn't exclude a miracle. The judges and people running the company are indeed business people but they also are human and may change their mind after meeting your friend if she speaks to them.

Good luck to her and hopefully she knows this isn't the only company she can audition for. Most companies take mail in auditions also.

WOW. thanks for this great thread!!!!!!

I have some questions:

1, can we sing other language beside english like chinese.....? Caz I see that they say as long u are asian, so maybe it doesnt matter..? I was thinking about singing a Sandy Lin song...

2, Are they going to speak to you in English?? Since for those of us that are not Korean but we are asian. ..and

3, dress as school-girl? i thought they say age doesnt matter..? i was thinking of either wearing jean or skirt with heels? is that okay? but, then we have to dance right on the spot after singing, caz i CANNOT dance with my heels on!!! lol.

I signed up for singing and model.

-I am 18 and i am only 5'5 1/2. is that too short..>_<

-we are singing without a mic right?

-in any case, will they make us top and ask us to sing another song..?

--so, we are going to perform this in front of judges and others as well. this prolly gonna be like American Idol, we will get laughed at and stuffs. -_-

Guest ling91

wow...this helped me sooo much!!! thnx for all the advice...but this also made me a LOT more nervous... :(

umm..i hav sum questions,

1. say, if ure chinese..is it better to sing a chinese song cuz of ure nationality or its basically up to u?

2. so if u already sent in ure application but all of a sudden u decide u dont wanna go...wut do u do? not show up or sumthin???

haha thats all for now...im so nervous rite now..i like forgot all of my question i wanted to ask..>.<

neway...is it better to let ure parents know about this..cuz they dont know that im plannin to go with my friend.... :unsure:

Guest xnjcx2008

^

It doesn't matter what song you sing, as long as you show them your skills.

It's your prerogative not to show up. After, it's not hurting them in anyway. I think you should let your parents know. What would you do if you do wonderful and get picked, but later find out that they won't support you?? xD

Guest SUPERSTAR

I'm assuming you are trying out for actor... You wrote actor on your apps, correct? You will still get to dance, because everyone has to dance, whether you want to model/act/dance/sing. So yeah you will get to show them your skills :D

no i'm trying out for singing, but i also am interested in acting and dancing. not that i want to become a dancer. but, you know how if you audition to be a dancer you dance to one whole song? do i have to do that too? can't i just do 30 seconds since i'm focusing more on the singing part and i just want to show them some dancing?

and for the acting part. a monologue in english will be alright right? like...it's just a monologue, i'm doing it myself, it's from this TV show called THE STARLET on the wb. does anyone remember that? the monologue is just talking about something, it's not like i'm talking to someone, that should be alright right? lol...

and MIKEZ: what do you mean be funny? are you being sarcastic? lol...

thanks~

[PS]

SURGERY IS NOT REQUIRED. STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT THAT.

Guest xCATHY

oh man, i kinda wanted to audition. idk for what, maybe modeling.

but im 14 and im 5'3" so.. haha..

and.. do they come to LA?

Guest ginaaax3

thanks xxzone2zonexx, oh an another question, i have small eyes and what if you make it in and they tell you to do sugery to get double eyelids,Do you have to? Cuz Rain has small eyes and he's like big in Korea.

It depends if it fits your face, and if your face is the face Korea likes.

WOW. thanks for this great thread!!!!!!

I have some questions:

1, can we sing other language beside english like chinese.....? Caz I see that they say as long u are asian, so maybe it doesnt matter..? I was thinking about singing a Sandy Lin song...

2, Are they going to speak to you in English?? Since for those of us that are not Korean but we are asian. ..and

3, dress as school-girl? i thought they say age doesnt matter..? i was thinking of either wearing jean or skirt with heels? is that okay? but, then we have to dance right on the spot after singing, caz i CANNOT dance with my heels on!!! lol.

I signed up for singing and model.

-I am 18 and i am only 5'5 1/2. is that too short..>_<

-we are singing without a mic right?

-in any case, will they make us top and ask us to sing another song..?

--so, we are going to perform this in front of judges and others as well. this prolly gonna be like American Idol, we will get laughed at and stuffs. -_-

Yes you can sing other languages, just show your skill. I'm not sure about the language part but I think so, and just wear something nice but not to s.lutty. and you're average height, and yes singing without a mic, and about stopping and singing, i don't think so.

Guest missGiang

Everybody seems to be freaking out about surgery....Honestly...I think they'll just give you make over or something...But I don't think they can force you to do surgery if you REALLY don't want O.O And besides..Not ALL singers look good...Although I have to admit all the people in SM are really pretty people o.O

Whatever...Don't stress about it ^__^

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

^yes.....i mean...you ARE trying out for all the things...so wouldnt it make sense that you'll have to do everything? :huh: