SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest X10DiNGDREAMERxx

oohh.. this is an awesome thread :D

I could use these tips~

luckily, i'm still young, so I'll have few years to practice :sweatingbullets:

do you really have to audition in front of ALL those people AND in front of judges?? o_o;;;

thats so nervewracking.. but I guess thats good because you have to perform on stage anyway.. so you have to get used to it..

what if you try out for like..

singing, acting, modeling?

can you try out for all three at once??

and

what would you do when trying out for acting?

just choose a script from a drama and play it out?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SunHye

The whole thing with surgery, is that YOU DONT HAVE TO DO IT!!!

You have a say in what you want doen to yourself eb/c it's your body...

They might push you alittle harder on it but it's ultimatly your choice..

AND FOR SCHOOLING! You have these choices...

A. If you live in the states, then you can go BACK & FORTH on your vaction time & they play for it... EX: STEALLA KIM

B. If you know Korean Fluently, like writing, reading & etc. Then you go to special school that teaches in english & korean & it's in Korea.... again it's OPTIONAL!!! EX: BoA & Jessica H.O.--- They went to that same school...

C. If your Done with High School, you can MOVE to Korea & Train there & go TO COLLAGE!!! If you know Korean (I'm not sure if there are non-korean collages, maybe your Collage can send you ABROAD.)

EX: PEOPLE WHO ARE I COLLAGE & SM SINGERS--- ALL OF SUPER JUNIOR (not sure about Kibum tho.) Thats 12 people, excluding Kibum... Then you have all the DBSK boys (i'm postive they all go to collage, on the SUJU fourm we were talking about it)

-Remeber that you can do what ever be/c your you, DUH.... SM might push you that way or another but it's up to you at the end....

-AND BTW, WHY ARE YOU ALL FOCUS ON WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN???? TRY GETTING THROUGH THE FIRST ROUND, FIRST!!!

These are the facts, now REMEMBER THEM!!! :):D

Hmmm...that's right. Everyone who's gonna audition...

1. Deal with what's coming up first and try to make it in

2. then worry about what they have planned for you

3. and last...it's always up to you. No one is gonna stick a knife at you and make u get a nose / eyes job...tee hee...

IT'S FREE WORLD. ^^

Guest lshluvr

I have another question XD

If you sing and wow the judges but not do anything for the rhythm test except tapping your foot, what could happen? XD

Guest xnjcx2008

Alright this is new stuff. This concerns DC area participants:

Preliminaries are from 12 - 3, but not sure about the place

If you make it, you then perform at the Korean Festival talent search in Virginia, that is held from 5-7. There is a fee of 10 dollars, and there will be 3rd, 2nd, 1st place winner with prizes.

Can somebody verify this information for me?

Guest 15;;1/2

Questions.. ^^;;

-- What if you bluff in the dance put do okay in singing/acting?

-- I know basic Korean but I can't speak a lot of Korean. Do I have to speak in straight English or can I say some Korean phrases (like in the intro..)?

Thank you =)

Guest vivosergirl

Questions.. ^^;;

-- What if you bluff in the dance put do okay in singing/acting?

-- I know basic Korean but I can't speak a lot of Korean. Do I have to speak in straight English or can I say some Korean phrases (like in the intro..)?

Thank you =)

Bluff in the dance? In the rhythm test? I really think the rhythm test is to make sure that you have your basics down and they don't have to teach you EVERYTHING... Singing and acting part is the part you should be concerned about. Even if you are trying out for multiple categories, there should be one specific area you're geared towards.

A lot of people who are trying out will be able to speak some Korean. However, there are non-Koreans who are trying out too. I don't think they care too much about your Korean skills. You can add in the information on the application if you'd like.

Guest GingitsuneSpirit

I have a few lot of questions...

1. Do you have to sing a pop song? I like singing musical songs because they show off my voice better. is that ok?

2. Would they reject you right away after you send them your application?

3. What do I need to bring to the audition?

4. What am I supposed to write for the "misc. info" part of the application? my specialties?

5. There are two different dates for the preliminary auditions on the SMtown website, what's the correct date for Toronto?

6. What kind of picture should I attach? A whole body picture, or just a picture of like my upper half of me?

7. Can you try out for more than one category?

Could someone please answer these questions? PM me please~~

Thank you!!!!!

Guest koreangrlx

hi um I have a few questions

1) I have glasses. That doesn't matter right? Like I want to model but are they going to ask me to take off the glasses? Becuase I'm like blind without them ><

2)How long will the training be if u get accepted? Like once ur in SMENTERTAINMENT and ur training how long would the traning be? Like 5 years, 10 years, etc.

3) I'm only 13 years old and I feel really young to audition since I see soo many unnies auditioning is there going to be groups? Like according to last name or the topic u are audition to?

4) School. I heard that you have to go to school in Korea is that true? Because I am Korean (duh my username) but I never went to a Korean school. And I heard lots of bad things about it like getting whipped.

5)Friends. I have a friend that is also going to audition but I want to be there with her. Is there a chance that I will be with her during the audition?

6)What "stuff" do you have to bring? Like for dancing a song, modeling fancy shoes, etc.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Guest K-popMiko

hi um I have a few questions

1) I have glasses. That doesn't matter right? Like I want to model but are they going to ask me to take off the glasses? Becuase I'm like blind without them ><

2)How long will the training be if u get accepted? Like once ur in SMENTERTAINMENT and ur training how long would the traning be? Like 5 years, 10 years, etc.

3) I'm only 13 years old and I feel really young to audition since I see soo many unnies auditioning is there going to be groups? Like according to last name or the topic u are audition to?

4) School. I heard that you have to go to school in Korea is that true? Because I am Korean (duh my username) but I never went to a Korean school. And I heard lots of bad things about it like getting whipped.

5)Friends. I have a friend that is also going to audition but I want to be there with her. Is there a chance that I will be with her during the audition?

6)What "stuff" do you have to bring? Like for dancing a song, modeling fancy shoes, etc.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

1. I think they are. I read from the Malaysia auditions that they ask you to take of your glasses, but I'm not 100% sure about that. More like 89%. Don't worry, I'm blind without mine too.

2. Training should depend on how well you progress. 6 months to 7 years is the range or so. For example, Ryeowook from SuJu was added last minute and had only 6 months of training, while Eunhyuk, also from SuJu had an extensive 7 years of training.

3. Yes, there is going to be groups, but not by last name or category you are auditioning in. Just by how fast you arrive there because everyone who is auditioning gets a number and then you'll be pulled into a group. Also, there is no age limit. The younger the better in fact.

4. This has been posted a few pages back. There are different options you can take. If you are fluent in Korean and can write fairly well, you'll go to a a special school in Korea or you can stay here if you want to or don't meet the criteria and they'll fly you back and forth for times when you are free to train.

5. Unless you guys are in the same group you won't get a chance to see her audition as you won't be able to go into the room with her. This is for people who are watching only. I don't know if it applies to auditioners or not.

6. If you are trying out for dance, you need to bring along the music you're going to be dancing to. Other than that, just yourself.

Guest vivosergirl

I have a few lot of questions...

1. Do you have to sing a pop song? I like singing musical songs because they show off my voice better. is that ok?

2. Would they reject you right away after you send them your application?

3. What do I need to bring to the audition?

4. What am I supposed to write for the "misc. info" part of the application? my specialties?

5. There are two different dates for the preliminary auditions on the SMtown website, what's the correct date for Toronto?

6. What kind of picture should I attach? A whole body picture, or just a picture of like my upper half of me?

7. Can you try out for more than one category?

Could someone please answer these questions? PM me please~~

Thank you!!!!!

1. I think you can sing whatever you'd like as long as it shows off your voice... but keep in mind that SM is looking for a future CELEBRITY not a future musical actor...

2. They don't reject you right away on e-mail. E-mail application is really a method to make sure that you have a place in the auditions... People who applied on-line will be first priorities, then walk-ons. Kind of like the SAT's, I guess...

3. Bring? Water bottle, maybe something to keep you busy while waiting... I really don't think you have to bring much. If you're auditioning for acting, bring your script and practice. If you're auditioning to be a model, I might suggest bringing a few headshots as well.

4. Write something that you think might set you apart from the rest of the auditioners. Past experience, a musical instrument you can play, your interests, what languages you speak, etc...

5. Two dates? I see October 21st on the poster... But I guess whatever date they send you in your "application acceptance" letter will be the real date.

6. I suggest an upper-body shot. A nice school picture is fine, though. They really don't care about what kind of picture you send. Just make sure it's not like photoshopped or something -_-

7. YES. You can try out for multiple categories.

Guest lshluvr

My question wasn't answered T_T So I'll ask again...10 posts (?) before XD

If you sing and wow the judges but not do anything for the rhythm test except tapping your foot, what COULD happen?

Guest GingitsuneSpirit

1. I think you can sing whatever you'd like as long as it shows off your voice... but keep in mind that SM is looking for a future CELEBRITY not a future musical actor...

2. They don't reject you right away on e-mail. E-mail application is really a method to make sure that you have a place in the auditions... People who applied on-line will be first priorities, then walk-ons. Kind of like the SAT's, I guess...

3. Bring? Water bottle, maybe something to keep you busy while waiting... I really don't think you have to bring much. If you're auditioning for acting, bring your script and practice. If you're auditioning to be a model, I might suggest bringing a few headshots as well.

4. Write something that you think might set you apart from the rest of the auditioners. Past experience, a musical instrument you can play, your interests, what languages you speak, etc...

5. Two dates? I see October 21st on the poster... But I guess whatever date they send you in your "application acceptance" letter will be the real date.

6. I suggest an upper-body shot. A nice school picture is fine, though. They really don't care about what kind of picture you send. Just make sure it's not like photoshopped or something -_-

7. YES. You can try out for multiple categories.

Thanks for answering my questions!!

but when you said for number 4, write something that set myself apart from the rest of the people, should it be in paragraph/essay form? so far mine's turning out like an essay >.>;;;

Guest ixbladexi

One question. I have a script I wanna act out but it only takes me one minute to read it and i'm guessing that it's too short so i'm wondering if i can do more than one script.

Guest lshluvr

If someone auditioning can sing but their voice doesn't sound like the typical singer's (singers with different voices: Hwanhee, Baek Ji Young, etc.) could they still be chosen?

Guest xnjcx2008

Unique voices are always better off than the normal voices, IMO... for example I know someone who sang EXACTLY like gummy at the JYP audition but didn't get picked... because there already is a singer with that voice, they are not looking for duplicates.. so if you have a "different" voice, you are lucky :P

Guest koreangrlx

supe thankies for answering my questions K-popMiko!!

A few more question...

Lets say you are going to the audition BUT something comes up and you can't go. What happens?

And I am Korean BUT I can't speak my language that well. I don't go to Korean School to learn so I taught myself. Are the judges going to be asking questions in the natioanlity you are?

thanx in advance again

Guest lshluvr

Unique voices are always better off than the normal voices, IMO... for example I know someone who sang EXACTLY like gummy at the JYP audition but didn't get picked... because there already is a singer with that voice, they are not looking for duplicates.. so if you have a "different" voice, you are lucky :P

Okay..thanks! That question was making me even more nervous... My parents told me if I wanted to audition, I had to sing in front of them... :mellow: So I did...and they told me my voice is different than the "regular" singers and asked if I was sure if I still wanted to audition :vicx:

And another question!

For the application, what is the point in telling them what school we attend? They're not going to call the school or something are they? o_O

Guest xCATHY

^ They do LA is the first stop..lol and the height is not a problem....The LA one is on September 17..

ok thnx.

is there a place i can find out where it is? and other info about it?