SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest .melee.

xx_swit_c_xx thanx so much!

xD but do you think you could please do me a super huge favor?

i'm bad at pronouncing.. xD

do you think (or anyone else) that you could please say my intro for me so i can hear how it should sound like?

just reading it and pronouncing it is kinda difficult for me ^^ '''''''''

so then it would be

"Ahnyunghasaeyo .... Jae Eeh Reum Eun Stephanie Mei Chyn Chen eeb nee dah. bahn gahb seub nee dah. yuh-l eel gohb sah reeh ae yo"

right?

or would i say my last name first? xD *CONFUSED*

if anyone could say that for me and upload it and pm it to me or post it here that would be great! ^^

(slowly tho of course xD well slowly and normally pref )

- THANK YOU!<3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ginaaax3

These are questions asked by Ella_Kwan in a PM

What kind of song do they want you to sing? More Pop & R&B? Is it okay if we sing a country song be/c it's full of high notes? & What about Broadway songs? What types of songs were your audition people singing?

I think they prefer more R&B ... but actually, any type of songs is okay. They prefer something authentic and original base on what the people in the audition area like. They don't like immitations or doing something just to please them. In Malaysia most people sang R&B, mainly Japanese, Korean and Chinese songs ... few sang English songs. Well, that is because songs in these languages are more popular in Malaysia.

I know they dont like people to sing SM songs but do you know if it's okay if we sing the original song that one of their artiste has done before? What i mean is, Example: Jang Ri & Xiah sang "TimeLess" but it's from Kelly Clarkson & Justin Gurine, they sang it first & it's in English, do you think we could sing an english verison?

They didn't show any dislike for contestants singing SM songs ... you can sing any type of song. If you can sing SM songs well then go ahead. It all depends on each contestants individual skills. You can even sing songs taht you composed by yourself.

Wow .. thank you so much for correcting me ... now i get to understand the Korean sentence construction better.

Youshouldn't sing an SM song because they will compare you with the original artist. And Im sure of that because a lot of people who tried out said that, and the judges replied. "Do you think you're better than BoA?" and questions like that. So it's better you choose a NOT Sm song unless you 100% you can impress them.

I wouldn't say naegah or jaegah.. that's wrong =]

Naegah you wouldn't say because you're speaking to adults first off = if you say naegah they'll probably get angry actually and feel really offended. haha... cuz korean people are like extremely gar when it comes to that 'older' person thing.. haha.. Jae gah isn't the proper word either in this sentence grammatically.

Say like: "Ahnyunghasaeyo ("hello").. Jae Eeh Reum Eun ("my name is") ____ ae yoh."

OR... same kinda thing, "Ahnyunghasaeyo (hello) ___fillinname____ eeb nee dah (both are good -- formal).

When you are like greeting a person you meet - you could say "Juh Neun ____ yeh yo" (i am ___ ) but that's not the same as "my name is ___" so do not use this phrase, use the first.

You could also say "nice to meet you, glad to meet you...or it's a pleasure" with the phrase:

"bahn gahb seub nee dah" =]

(and smile?) haha.

Age....

(haha, i'm reading off my korean textbook for college) HAHA... cuz i myself don't trust my own brain for this thing hehe... so yeah..

"___#__ sah reeh ae yo" (i am __ years old)

15 - yuh-l dah suht

16 - yuh-l yuh suht

17 - yuh-l eel gohb

18 - yuh-l yuh dub

19 - yuh-l ah hohb

20 - seuh mool

21 - seuh mool han

*And remember age is differnt in Korea and the uS.. Korea adds 1year..so maybe you can say "mee gook ae suh neun (in the uS).. _age___ eeh ae yo" (i am blank years old)... "han gook ae suh neun ___ ee ae yo"

=] ok.. hopefully this helped?? HAHA.. i'm not very good with korean actually but i am going to try and speak to the judges in korean =] i kinda feel like i should do korean rather than english... haha.

YOudon't have to say Mi Koo eh suh, just say Man euro (which is American age system) ______ e yeh yoh. Then they know how old you are. It's hard for non korean speakrs to memories Mi Kook eh suh.

i was wondering...is it better to sing english songs or korean songs??

Whatever song you're good at you should sing it =] SOme people believe that English songs have more songs which show off your vocal skills, so yeah.

Guest anneyen

These are some questions that w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu in a PM

Anything specific about clothes?

They don't seem to be particular about clothes though in the Malaysia auditon ... but don't over dress. In Malaysia, people are quite conservative so the dressing is also kind of conservative and quite acceptible i guess. Well, the culture in every country is different so its acceptible ... About makeup, maybe you could put on just light makeup ... sometimes no makeup makes the person look horrible on camera ... usually auditions require people to put on at least light makeup (just powder to put away the shine from an oily face)

Anything specific about hair?

Nothing specific about hair ... but girls with neat long hair seems to get more attention though ... just my personal opinion :)

Should we introduce ourselves in Korean, English, Chinese, or all three? =X

It is all up to you ... you can if you want to ... it can proove your language skills a little.

Absolutely NO SM SONGS, right?

From the respond, they didn't show any dislike for contestants singing SM songs ... just that they will pay more attention to what you are singing. The judges are very knowledgeble ... they are also very familiar with most Japanese and Chinese songs ... the even know the artiste name from the Japanese and Chinese music industry.

Will they cut you off if they don't like the way you sound?

Certainly No ... they will never cut you off. They are very polite and show great respect for every persons performance even if you are not that good.

Are you given a number when you walk through the door or after they sort you into groups?

Yes, every contestant is given a number. People who register by email will get earlier numbers.

In the groups of 10 or 20, will it be a mix of people who are trying out for different talents? Or all the same? (like...a group of 10 all auditioning for singing or all auditioning for dancing...etc.)

In the group, it is a mixture of everything. You sing, act and dance all in one audition.

Does it matter if we start from the very beginning of a song, the chorus, or just anywhere we choose to start singing?

It does not matter where you start. You can start from anywhere ... its all up to you ... they leave it for the contestants to show whatever they wish to show.

What if you had already chosen a particular part of a song and you finish it before time is up? =S

Its okay, just smile at the judges.

If you get chosen, you will be contacted within 3 weeks after your audition right?

Yes, only chosen people will be contacted in 3 weeks.

Do you have any advice for us?

Im not a good contestant so i have no advice ... don’t follow my footsteps :P

Guest Hitorijime

Whoot, thanks for answering so many questions. I'm still deciding on which songs I positively want to do (I know I want to do Tim's Saranghamnida, but I might do HwaYoBi's Fly Again or an A*Mei song as well).

Guest LOVEELY

^ thank you so much~~ and for the freestyle do u dance until the whole song is finished? or just part of it? and is it okay if u like dance like..sexy? kinda like how chun moo stephaine dances?? or is it better not to? tnx

Guest ginaaax3

Whoot, thanks for answering so many questions. I'm still deciding on which songs I positively want to do (I know I want to do Tim's Saranghamnida, but I might do HwaYoBi's Fly Again or an A*Mei song as well).

Are you a girl or a boy? maybe that would make it easier for us to help you <3

^ thank you so much~~ and for the freestyle do u dance until the whole song is finished? or just part of it? and is it okay if u like dance like..sexy? kinda like how chun moo stephaine dances?? or is it better not to? tnx

You dance until they stop the music, and yes you can dance sexy like Chun MooStephanie. Show everything you got!

Guest anneyen

These are questions asked by xabbercadaver in a PM:

Because i want to use a routine this dance teacher was dancing too, and wondered if it was okay to use it?

Did you see anybody that seemed to have copied the choreography of some artists??

During the audition, judges allows contestants to perform whatever they like (as long as its not too over). Actually almost everyone who perform the dancing copies the artiste's choreography from the Music Video. Moreover, they learned the dance from the video clip.

Guest .melee.

i read it somewhere here i think buti can't seem to remember

but how long do we sing for?

&thanx to everyone who answered my questions =)

Guest ginaaax3

i read it somewhere here i think buti can't seem to remember

but how long do we sing for?

You get 30 seconds, but I heard if they like you, they might let you sing for a few mor seconds, or maybe a few seconds less. All depends on them, but 30 seconds is what they said.

Guest Hitorijime

I'm a guy. xD But I do think I have the capability to pull off a ballad by a female. x_x But I dunno.

I'm currently taking vocal lessons, so hopefully I can find something with my teacher.

Guest ginaaax3

I'm a guy. xD But I do think I have the capability to pull off a ballad by a female. x_x But I dunno.

I'm currently taking vocal lessons, so hopefully I can find something with my teacher.

Unless you're sure you can pull of a ballad by a female 100% sing a guy's song. Cause i heard some where and people say that girls songs are higher than guys voices, so it's harder for them to sing it. But it can impress the judges <3 good luck with it.

Guest anneyen

This is a question asked by smoothieex3 in a PM

when you said you were required to dance to a complete song, is that the part where you dance to your own music and the music prepared or the rythm test? do you have to dance to the entire song? how long is the rythm test?

No, this does not refer to the rhythm test. People who sign up for the dance category have to dance an entire song. It will take about 4-5 minutes (duration of one whole song). For the free-style dance (rhythm test), its just 2 minutes. They will play a song and everyone have to dance to it including the dancers.

Guest Hitorijime

^But a guy can go an octave lower. However, I will probably end up doing a guys song anyway (Tim's Saranghamnida, if I can memorize the chorus. x_x).

Guest ginaaax3

^But a guy can go an octave lower. However, I will probably end up doing a guys song anyway (Tim's Saranghamnida, if I can memorize the chorus. x_x).

Good luck for memorizing! Wish you the best!

so, i speak cantonese and mandarin. which one should should i use? my mandarin have a little accent to it, since it's not my first language,but i understand it perfectly(i understand better than my taiwanese friend). but my canton is my first language and i don't have an accent. also, do you think it's better just to introduce in english?

Guest anneyen

Well, these are some of the comments that ginaaax3 sent to me about the information i provided. Actually its hard to say how the audition will be conducted in each country and during which period of time.

But not to sound rude, some things aren't really true. They are the total opposite from what I read, and what I looked up. For example, they don't want you to sing SM songs because they coimpare you with their original artist. Ex) A lot of people sang My prayer from BoA, thinking they would get chosen, but they didn't and half of it was because they weren't half as good as BoA but they tried isnging her song. And the judges COMPARED that. And there are more things but I won't say them. But how you help is nice too, because you've been to the audition. But Please, some things aren't really true that you post, so please make sure they are, because I don't want to give people goin there wrong advice.

I totally agree with ginaaax3 about the SM song thing, it is better if you don't sing the SM songs. However, during the audition i went to, many people did sing SM songs ... how the result was, i don't know.

About the time limit 30 seconds, i think it also depends on the time availability. In Malaysia, there were very few people who participated so they could afford to have more time per person. Mooreover, i was the first 50 people to audition so at that time they had even more time to spend on auditioning.

Well, as for other matters ... it may differ with what ginaaax3 has read or looked up ... but whatever that ive posted are the things that happened when i was at the Malaysia audition. How it would be in other countries, i don't know.