Quantcast
ginaaax3

SM Entertainment

Well, these are some of the comments that ginaaax3 sent to me about the information i provided. Actually its hard to say how the audition will be conducted in each country and during which period of time.

But not to sound rude, some things aren't really true. They are the total opposite from what I read, and what I looked up. For example, they don't want you to sing SM songs because they coimpare you with their original artist. Ex) A lot of people sang My prayer from BoA, thinking they would get chosen, but they didn't and half of it was because they weren't half as good as BoA but they tried isnging her song. And the judges COMPARED that. And there are more things but I won't say them. But how you help is nice too, because you've been to the audition. But Please, some things aren't really true that you post, so please make sure they are, because I don't want to give people goin there wrong advice.

I totally agree with ginaaax3 about the SM song thing, it is better if you don't sing the SM songs. However, during the audition i went to, many people did sing SM songs ... how the result was, i don't know.

About the time limit 30 seconds, i think it also depends on the time availability. In Malaysia, there were very few people who participated so they could afford to have more time per person. Mooreover, i was the first 50 people to audition so at that time they had even more time to spend on auditioning.

Well, as for other matters ... it may differ with what ginaaax3 has read or looked up ... but whatever that ive posted are the things that happened when i was at the Malaysia audition. How it would be in other countries, i don't know.

lmao, thanks.

The only problem I have now, is my skin. x_x

What's wrong with your skin? hahaha

so, i speak cantonese and mandarin. which one should should i use? my mandarin have a little accent to it, since it's not my first language,but i understand it perfectly(i understand better than my taiwanese friend). but my canton is my first language and i don't have an accent. also, do you think it's better just to introduce in english?

Use whatever you are comfortable with, and English might impress them too because they're trying to make bOA, TVXQ, SUJU all speak in English, so English is a plus for being top inAsia. hahhaa

About the information posted by ginaaax3, those are infromation that she gathered from SM trainees ... it will be best if you follow the tips and guidelines that she provided. On the other hand, the information that ive posted are just things that happened when i was at the Malaysia audition ... it may differ from the auditions held elsewhere ... so don't follow the infromation that i provided closely coz it may be totally different at different countries.

This is a question from smoothieex3 in a PM

did the people dance all sexy like during the rythm test? ie. chunmoo stephanie or american music videos..... or did they all dance doing waves and stuff? how did they dance?

As i mentioned earlier, Malaysia is quite conservative ... so there were no sexy dance. For the rhythm test, most people were in a mess including me coz nobody expected that everyone had to dance. As for the dancers, they were great for both sections ... :)

This is a question from Hitorijime in a PM

Do you think that they care if you lower the song so it fits your range?

Well, i certainly don't know what the judges are thinking so sing whatever you wish to sing. Maybe you should follow the guidelines and tips that ginaaax3 provided. Its difficult to see what the judges want because they seem to show very great interest in every contestant's performance unless your voice is too soft that they cannot hear.

hmm just a quick question, do u have to sing a song that the judges know of?? (ie. a popular-modern song)? like mariah carey, christina aguilera, kelly clarkson etc?

Of course NOT! Sing what shows your vocal skills, they can't know all the songs x__x a girl sang a french song by amel bent "ne retien pas tes larmes" (good song <3) and they didn't mind. and they didn't know of it.

This is a question asked by smoothieex3 in a PM

when you said you were required to dance to a complete song, is that the part where you dance to your own music and the music prepared or the rythm test? do you have to dance to the entire song? how long is the rythm test?

No, this does not refer to the rhythm test. People who sign up for the dance category have to dance an entire song. It will take about 4-5 minutes (duration of one whole song). For the free-style dance (rhythm test), its just 2 minutes. They will play a song and everyone have to dance to it including the dancers.

^^ for the last part, when you said everyone dances to their music...do you mean at the same time or individually? o.Ocause it'll be kinda cool for everyone to dance at same time but then again..it won't probably happen right? o.o

So when you're acting... do you or can you stop on your own or do they have to stop you.? Like you do your part..and jus stop and say thank you or your doing your part and they say ok... you know.. I hope i didn't make it too confusing><

Oh and I was wondering about this for awhile. For some of us that have school the day of our audition, but we also sent an email application to SM, would we still be the firsts to go in or would we have to wait in line, regardless of sending an application in because we were late?

Before reading all these posts, i was completely psyched to go audition but now i'm nervous. I need help! I can't sing, can't dance, can't act. I was thinking of doing modelling but the thing is I might be too short. I'm about 5'9-10" and i'm 15 yrs. old (guy btw).

also

Reading some posts earlier, i read that SM will tell you whether or not one has made it three weeks after, but on smtown.com, it states that the final auditions are going to be held about one week after the preliminary. could it possibly be different in the states??

one last thing.

IS EVERYONE REQUIRED TO DANCE?? Heechul's dancing in his audition is like Michael Jackson's compared to mine.

I have a question tooo. Im just kinda confused.

I`m going for acting & Dancing. & i just read that

you have to dance to a whole song? I thought it was

just about 30 seconds. x_0 Can someone please

tell me which one? cos i have 30 seconds, & if i need more

i need to know now so i could add more moves & all that jazz.

thanks beforehand! :]

Before reading all these posts, i was completely psyched to go audition but now i'm nervous. I need help! I can't sing, can't dance, can't act. I was thinking of doing modelling but the thing is I might be too short. I'm about 5'9-10" and i'm 15 yrs. old (guy btw).

5'10 is way too short...under 6'0 is way too short to model, period. But hey, this is SM, they're not known for their beautiful glamazon models, Go Ara is only like 5'6 and she's a model, so I guess in korea you might have a chance.

also

Reading some posts earlier, i read that SM will tell you whether or not one has made it three weeks after, but on smtown.com, it states that the final auditions are going to be held about one week after the preliminary. could it possibly be different in the states??

one last thing.

IS EVERYONE REQUIRED TO DANCE?? Heechul's dancing in his audition is like Michael Jackson's compared to mine.

Well let me ask you this qustion, ARE YOU REALLY GOOD LOOKING?

I'm being seriuos, if you are then SM wont care how tall you are.

There standers & our standers ar different.

If they dont think you're tall enough they will make you act.

If you are tall enough for them then you'll end up doing both.

And you're only 15, so they know that you're still growing...

So dont worry.

What i mean by that, is that they are looking more for the Daniael Hannely (sp?) kinda look if you wanna model.

If you have a Kibum from SuperJunior look they'll might still keep you be/c you have a cute look....

To SM, ever1 know that looks is important...

BUt we shouldN"T be discourage be.c like what i sai be4, looks can change but talent cant...

AND they look at every1 differently....