[Drama 2013] The Queen of Office / God of the Workplace 직장의 신

Guest facing

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tureready

Now Available To Download At FreeKoreanDramas 
EPISODE E01-12

[RS,HF,DF,FC,UB,BS,FR,RG,HP,GU,FD],[FileFactory,YandexDisk,Mega,2Shared,Zippyshared] -  [720p-IPOP]-[350MB-AVI]

Guest NEWMARIO

Nationwide/Seoul@20130507

AGB

MBC: Gu Family Book:
EP10: 14.4%(-1.0) / 16.9%(-1.1)

KBS: God of the Workplace:
EP12: 14.0%(+0.4) / 13.9%(+0.1)

SBS: Jang Ok Jung:  
EP10:  8.0%(-1.3) / 7.7%(-2.0)

CR: AGB Nielsen Korea

Guest NEWMARIO

Nationwide/Seoul@20130507

TNmS

MBC: Gu Family Book:
EP10: 14.3%(+0.5) / 16.2%(+0.7)

KBS: God of the Workplace:
EP12: 12.8%(+0.6) / 13.4%(+0.6)

SBS: Jang Ok Jung:  
EP10:  9.3%(+0.2) / 11.2%(+0.4)

CR:TNmS Media Korea

I think Lee Hee Joon had an operation to correct his cleft lip before. The scar is still visible. Also, I would like to verify my understanding. In Korea, contract workers can work several years without being confirmed? If true, this is unfair.

I think Lee Hee Joon had an operation to correct his cleft lip before. The scar is still visible. Also, I would like to verify my understanding. In Korea, contract workers can work several years without being confirmed? If true, this is unfair.

Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: Tues, 05.07.13] ‘Workplace’ Puts Up a Fight Against ‘Gu Family’

2013-05-08 08:48  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Honghttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif icon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet1tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  1Just when the gap was growing, KBS’ God of the Workplace decide it wasn’t giving up yet without a fight, raising its ratings and chasing after MBC’s Gu Family Book

The difference from Monday night was 1.8 percent, but by Tuesday, it became a mere 0.4 percent. 

With Gu Family Book having a total of 24 episodes and God of the Workplace with 16, time’s slowly running out for God of the Workplace to try and overtake Gu Family Book if it plans to.

79429168.JPG

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dramas

1. MBC Gu Family Book 15.4 → 14.4

2. KBS God of the Workplace 13.6 → 14.0

3. SBS Jang Ok Jung 9.3 → 8.0

Variety

1. KBS Our Neighborhood Variety and Sports 6.7

2. SBS Incarnation 6.0

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielsen Media Research

Photo Credit: MBC, KBS

Guest janezio

amzz

said: ep 6 was Daebak too, even though not many funny stuff, but got lots of sentimental moment.

highlights-Macho Jang has to sacrifice his natural born ahjumma hair, which he kept a secret for 32 yrs-Mr Meek Mu, met Juri and gave her the knockoff bag.-Slave/nobi being mentioned many time, and Miss Kim said it straight to Mr Hwang's face-he was the villain who hates slaves in SLAVE HUNTER/CHUNO-and I know Zio loves it.

credit to the owner of the pic

nice bonding btwn the casts

554243_10151334508736854_1961915663_n.jp
524388_10151334507171854_636858249_n.jpg
537775_10151334506381854_1505345158_n.jp
523637_10151334498551854_107428398_n.jpg
58520_10151334482926854_937504690_n.jpg
604066_10151334482416854_1616760702_n.jp
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151334482416854&set=o.141214162693678&type=1&theater

I don't mind  no recapping for this drama because it's shown in KBS World, anyway we have a nice insightful review by Koretimes
hehheheh Jane, we can ship them together.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/opinon/2013/05/164_135346.html

Drama throws apt questions

By Kim Ji-soo

I confess I am addicted to K-drama. I watch drama after drama and  empathize with why viewers in Asia love them so 
Among the latest dramas on my radar, there is one titled “The Queen of Office,”starring top actress Kim Hye-soo and actor Oh Ji-ho as the main protagonists.

Ironically, the drama is based on the Japanese comic book, “Haken no Hinkaku,” which was also transformed onto the Japanese small screen. The first few series were so disappointingly similar to the Japanese drama I pondered not watching it at all.

But an addict is not an addict without a reason, and I somehow found myself watching. As this paper has reported several times, the protagonist Kim is a irregular worker named “Miss Kim.” Once upon a time in the Korean workforce during 1970s-1980s, women were called with slight degradation “Miss Kim.” Then after some time passed and a new generation of female workers entered the workforce, “Miss Kim” was shot down and everyone addressed everyone by name. In the drama, she demands everyone calls her “Miss Kim” and regards it as an invasion of privacy if anyone inquires about her real name.

She is very able and not below or above the work assigned within her designated working hours of nine to six. She charges for attending “hoesik,” or after-work parties, as I am sure Korean salaried workers would love to do. Korean workers don’t usually charge even for the weekend time they put in for work, even if it’s detailed in company regulations. Such dedication and loyalty is expected and demanded in the hurrah-hurrah, can-do work spirit. She doesn’t strive to be part of a team; but she’s a problem-solver with uncountable degrees and certificates when a crisis arises. She believes in a meritocratic approach to work, not the “we are family” one her young boss believes in and tries to preach to his teammates. She deplores friendship at work, but she works subtly to help out colleagues in need. But she doesn’t want them knowing she is helping. She also has a life outside of the office, when she dances salsa. When her three months contract is up, she leaves the country then returns for another short-term job.

In this tight labor market where college graduates increasingly have to settle for short-term jobs, she is their goddess, the very being of their dreams. For people already in the corporate factory, she is the antithesis of their being. She has a life outside of the office; she doesn’t identify herself by her job.

Okay. I went a little too far with the pseudo-analysis of the corporate life in Korea via the popular drama. But by postulating a figure so antithetical to an average Korean salaried worker, the television series does throw a lot of questions at the new labor market facing many. Being a salaried worker once upon a time meant life-time employment, social status and a self-identity in Korea. It was and still remains a privilege, despite the fact people leave the workforce around 57 and live several decades longer on a meager pension. Addressing this asymmetry, the National Assembly approved legislation to extend the retirement age to 61 for companies with 300 or more employees.

The move is laudable yet raises new challenges for individuals and companies. How to create new jobs for the young while retaining the older workforce? For individual workers, what will come after 61? Again this is a solution for a relatively more privileged sliver of the workforce.  So many people make their living in many different ways. Nevertheless, the degree in which Korean society forces a sense of identity through a job is stronger, I believe, than in other member countries of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. It’s still a society where face-saving culture lingers to let external factors determine who one is. Within the new administration, the creating of new growth sectors and jobs through a creative economy is the motto. The definition of a “creative economy” is opaque, leaving room for interpretation. Why don’t workers take this buzzword to become an creative entrepreneur of their own lives?
Article
The the background wear costumes patterned topic in this drama yihuijun disclose topic / tvN 'baekjiyeon, the people inside the broadcast capture

monalisa said: I think Lee Hee Joon had an operation to correct his cleft lip before. The scar is still visible. Also, I would like to verify my understanding. In Korea, contract workers can work several years without being confirmed? If true, this is unfair.

monalisa said: I think Lee Hee Joon had an operation to correct his cleft lip before. The scar is still visible. Also, I would like to verify my understanding. In Korea, contract workers can work several years without being confirmed? If true, this is unfair.

Archived