[Drama 2013] The Queen of Office / God of the Workplace 직장의 신

Guest facing

rosely said:
Was this series a remake of a Japanese one?  In the beginning episodes I questioned whether it was a Japanese remake because their dramas can be totally crazy and overboard like this one was.  Then at the end, it reminded me of many endings of Japanese dramas in which you have to imagine the rest for yourself.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@lyricalwax  Thanks for confirming for me.  I laughed a little at myself, because apparently I've now watched enough dramas to be able to identify the source origin.  I'm going to watch the Japanese one too. 

haken no hinkaku was one of my favorite jdramas. so when i heard that oh ji ho my favorite k actor was also in QoO i had to watch this. QoO was just ok for me.  it followed the conflicts from haken with a korean twist.  i was hoping that since it was a kdrama that they would add a stronger romance between the 2 leads into it, but i just didnt see any substantial amount of affection from ms kim towards oh ji ho.  although i like jeon hye bin, i did not like the character of bitna inserted into the k version and thought that the role was pretty useless.  i liked the ending of the japanese version better since it had a final interaction between the 2 leads and you know she went back to work for the company for him even though they had their trademark argument.  in QoO you dont even see them together, and it doesnt even seem that oh ji ho knew that miss kim was there.  also juri becoming an author was just....out of nowhere.   overall an passable show.  not bad nor good.

Congratulation to QoO, and to all the casts
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/06/critics-choose-nine-as-top-drama-of.html

Article: [2013 First Half Drama Wrap-up] 'Cable drama'... 'Nine' chosen as the best drama

Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Naver

Best Dramas (as chosen by critics)

1. Nine
2. School 2013
3. The Queen of Office

Best Actors (as chosen by critics)

1. Kim Hye Soo (Queen of Office)
2. Lee Jin Wook (Nine)
3. Song Hye Gyo (That Winter)
4. Choi Jin Hyuk (Gu Family Book)
5. Lee Bo Young (My Daughter Seoyoung)

-Love this scene
4oh1.gif

The interview and the making of QoO collection

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hppVvPKQNXw

first time seeing this, full opening ritual 

• 4 weeks later...

superdgundam said:

haken no hinkaku was one of my favorite jdramas. so when i heard that oh ji ho my favorite k actor was also in QoO i had to watch this. QoO was just ok for me.  it followed the conflicts from haken with a korean twist.  i was hoping that since it was a kdrama that they would add a stronger romance between the 2 leads into it, but i just didnt see any substantial amount of affection from ms kim towards oh ji ho.  although i like jeon hye bin, i did not like the character of bitna inserted into the k version and thought that the role was pretty useless.  i liked the ending of the japanese version better since it had a final interaction between the 2 leads and you know she went back to work for the company for him even though they had their trademark argument.  in QoO you dont even see them together, and it doesnt even seem that oh ji ho knew that miss kim was there.  also juri becoming an author was just....out of nowhere.   overall an passable show.  not bad nor good.

• 1 year later...

Archived