[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Guest LHRCN

Guest LHRCN

Kite-Nature said:

@LHRCN

Injo is surely a weak king. It seems that Kim Ja jeom got released in EP02.  I dont know why it is so soon. Also, some new characters appear in the preview.

The development looks very quick. Nam is deemed to be a minor and tragic role.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LHRCN

ahhh ep 2 was so good
love Nam Hyuk+ Yam Chun's scenes, we get to know more about the characters in this ep

*spoiler**

1.First we get to see Yam Chun's past, why she hates her father so much.
Her mother is a mistress so when she was about 6, the madame found out that her mother has an affair with her husband
the wife punished her mother and saying that the little girl is going to be her mother.
the little girl was scared that her mother was going to dead, so she went to find her father
the father didnt want to acknowledged, he even abandoned her on the street, from that moment she began to hate him

2. Nam Hyuk, he holds his dream to help the world and clear his family name.
he is best at fighting but because of his status he just want to be a normal guy
when Yam Chun got caught by the police because she stole something at the market, he fought back to help her.
His mother forbids him to see Yam Chun saying she is a low class girl, is a daughter of a mistress
but Nam Hyuk still wants to see Yam Chun, his wish is marrying her, but she said they cant be together because she is a low class daughter.
she left and crying ( ahh such a sad story, although this Yam Chun is bad girl but inside she has good heart)
she bought some giseng for Nam Hyuk's mother.
Later the polic went to his house to get him, his mother went to beg Yam Chun to save him and she did.

3. Kim Ja Jeom's flashback, i think he helped InJo in the past, so when InJo punished him he hates Injo even more.
I think the 2 scholars wanted something from Injo but he didnt listen to them
so the 2 planned to get Kim Ja Jeom back, because only Kim Jae Jeom could deal with Injo.
Kim Ja Jeom on the other hand on the island, his hates for Injo is getting worse because of all the things he has to suffer on the island
he says to himself that he is the King.

5.Crown Prince, he has a good heart, he wants to change the world, but he couldnt do anything
he just cried seeing his men being punished but the Qing.

6.Injo is such a bad king in this ep, all we see him is playing inside the palace.

Guest LHRCN

some caps from ep 2
20130324042624_281049_600_600.jpg
20130324_1364130020_18182300_1.jpg
naver

link to watch the cuts from ep 2
http://home.jtbc.co.kr/Clip/VodClipView.aspx?prog_id=PR10010190&menu_id=PM10017632&epis_id=EP10015457&vod_file_id=VO10031267

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN

Thanks for the summary of ep02.  I think Nam is a role of traidional male-2  in Korean  dramas.  He loves and always tries to protect female-lead.

But, in the end, female-lead loves someone else or under some condition cant love him. Anyway, no happy-ending for them

Guest LHRCN

Kite-Nature said:

@LHRCN

Thanks for the summary of ep02.  I think Nam is a role of traidional male-2  in Korean  dramas.  He loves and always tries to protect female-lead.

But, in the end, female-lead loves someone else or under some condition cant love him. Anyway, no happy-ending for them

I think it's important to remember that this is a fictional account of Lady Jo's life - she really didn't have any of the excuses mentioned above to absolve her of her actions.

But this drama is shaping up to be a masterpiece even if I find the whole notion of 'rehabilitate hated historical figure' a little sketchy.

Guest LHRCN

Watch ep 2 Online

http://www.dailymotion.com/nl/relevance/search/%EA%B6%81%EC%A4%91%EC%9E%94%ED%98%B9%EC%82%AC/1#video=xyfx2w

http://www.dailymotion.com/nl/relevance/search/%EA%B6%81%EC%A4%91%EC%9E%94%ED%98%B9%EC%82%AC/1#video=xyfx37

or this link
http://www.nolbunet.com/index.php?mid=drama&document_srl=203978

Guest LHRCN

aemi said:

I think it's important to remember that this is a fictional account of Lady Jo's life - she really didn't have any of the excuses mentioned above to absolve her of her actions.

But this drama is shaping up to be a masterpiece even if I find the whole notion of 'rehabilitate hated historical figure' a little sketchy.

Guest LHRCN

as you may have known that actress Song Seung Mi ( aka crown princess) the scene when she was breastfeeding
the baby became the HOT topic the last 2 days, there are sexual debate on that scene.
now its Kim Hyun Joo's turn, KHJ is now on TOP search at Naver and Daum, i guess its because of the preview of ep 3.
if you watch the preview you will see she is half naked .

More cuts from ep 2

ahh I love Kim Ja Jeom's acting in this ep aka actor Jung Sung Mo, his acting is great
and I love the fact that there are so many seniors actors on the show. its like a variety of many seniors
btw does anyone know who is the lady who slept with Injo in this ep?
she doesnt like Injo to touch her, seems like she is connect with Kim Ja jeom?

Guest samasta93

I saw the raw version of this saeguk and found it kind of interesting, hopefully there would be subtitle... the scene where In Jo bowed 8 (or 9) times toward Hong Tai Ji gave me goosebumps, although I feel like they should have tidied up his mustache and beard.. lol..  

@LHRCNthat breastfeeding scene was kinda surprising too.. hahaa.. I didn't expect they would really show it~ but I guess there will be more "open" scenes.. much very appreciated because they would add more essential sense into this saeguk IMO.. 

I agree with the comments of this show being really realistic. I think because it's a cable drama they can be more free and show more things like the breastfeeding scene and bed scenes. And especially a lot of gore and blood.
I have a question though...
you know when the qing were invading and causing havoc in the city, how come nam hyuk and his mother were not affected? Do they live farther from the place? Because Yam Jun's place got raided, and it seemed like they lived nearby when she sought him to bury the corpse with her.
I was amazed that Yam Jun was so chill when the manchu were invading O_O
Overall, I think this is a drama worth watching and I'll keep it on my list ^^. 
I also liked when they flip to the ending credits it's the face of young Nam Jun and it slowly morphs into killer evil Lady Jo.

Guest itsajklmnop

2013032601001667200137391.jpg

These are the most talked about picture from Cruel Palace: War of Flowers. 
OMO, is KHJ really gonna show some flesh here? I don't want to. Noooooooooooo :(

Kim Hyeon-joo also foresaw a shocking exposure.

JTBC "Cruel Palace - War of Flowers" showed Yam-jeon (Kim Hyeon-joo) rejecting the confession of Nam-hyeok (Jeon Tae-soo) before she went into the palace.

In the preview at the end of the episode, Kim Hyeon-soo revealed her chest line. Song Seon-mi also once revealed hers in a breast feeding scene.

Meanwhile, "Cruel Palace - War of Flowers" is about the lovers of the king who become devils to take over his love and authority. To be aired every weekend at 8:45PM.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c... ( English )

Guest LHRCN

[NEWS[ JTBC Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers, How was the first broadcast?
20130325_1364143121_17267600_1.jpg
JTBC Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers caught the interest of viewers with its first broadcast.
The 70 minutes of ep were impressed with The legendary bows of King Injo. Viewers are more surprised with its realistic story,
and the deep emotions in every character.
With its first broadcast Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers has become the Top Search.
credit to naver

OMG Cruel Palace is now Nr 1 TOP SEARCH ( yesterday it was in TOP 10) but now it got nr 1.
I guess a lot of questions were raised about the breastfeeding scene, the scene when InJo was in his bedroom
and Kim Hyun Joo half naked.

[NEWS] Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers, Kim Hyun Joo half naked to prove her virginity
htm_20130325072808768.jpg
Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers has become a top search drama lately with its scenes
First actress Song Seung Mi aka Crown Princes Kang Bin, there is a scene in ep 1 when the mother has to breastfeeding
her baby for the last time. There are different arguments about that scene, one said its too sensitive en sexuality
the other said its a beautiful thing , breastfeeding your baby. Besides that it says something about the motherhood.
Fans also said a lot of elders do see their daughter-in-law breastfeeding the child, so why its sexuality when you see a mother breastfeeding her baby?
The debated doesnt end here yet when the preview of ep 3 released and we see a scene when lead actress Kim Hyun Joo was half naked.
Seems like netizens are surprised with a lot of  scenes in this new drama.
Besides that Cruel Palace has an impressive start and a lot of people said it helped them to know more about the history.
credit to Naver 

Guest itsajklmnop

http://home.jtbc.co.kr/Preview/PreviewView.aspx?vod_service=2&prog_id=PR10010190&menu_id=PM10017248&epis_id=EP10015521
THE MUCH TALKED ABOUT EPISODE 3 PREVIEW of Cruel Palace: War of Flowers :)

Guest itsajklmnop

【서울=뉴시스】이재훈 기자 = JTBC 새 주말연속극 '궁중잔혹사-꽃들의 전쟁'이 25일 동영상 웹하드 송사리의 드라마 다운로드 차트에서 1위를 차지했다. 
조선 인조시대가 배경인 팩션사극이다. '소용 조씨'를 중심으로 한 여인들의 암투를 흥미진진하게 그리며 인기를 끌고 있다. 특히, 조선 최고의 요부 소용조씨를 맡은 김현주의 섹시한 연기 변신이 주목 받고 있다. 
이와 함께 MBC TV '백년의 유산'(2위), SBS TV '돈의 화신'(3위), KBS 2TV '최고다 이순신'(5위) 등의 주말극이 상위에 랭크됐다. 

-- Google Translator --
【Seoul = BUSINESS WIRE Hoon] reporters JTBC new weekend drama series 'courtly the Tales of Cruelty Towards Flowers of War' 25hard medaka Video Web Drama download charts ranked # 1.
Shipbuilding artificial era background, faction, is a historical drama. Exciting draw of cancer of a woman who avail Cho has become popular. Kim Hyun-joo of his shipbuilding best vamp avail Cho transformation sexy smoke is getting attention.
Century MBC TV 'heritage' (# 2), SBS TV 'incarnation of money (3), KBS 2TV' best Yi '(# 5), jumalgeuk was ranked at the top.

Woah! So, Cruel Palace: War of Flowers' ranked #1. What an achievement.

Guest Kite-Nature

Finally, I saw ep02 with Chinese translation.  Thus, I have some comment on your ep02 summary. @LHRCN

>>>she bought some giseng for Nam Hyuk's mother.

She stole the giseng, although she planned to buy (but she cant afford it).
>>> Kim Ja Jeom's flashback, i think he helped InJo in the past,

KJJ was among the leaders of the 1623 event that made Injo  the king.

Top secretary Kim resigned and indeed he thought  only KJJ could deal with Injo.
The other one (Sim) wanted some position from resigned Kim. Sim will be a major enemy of KJJ.

>>> punished by the Qing.

The three scholars being punished by the Qing were finally killed. They are famous in histroy.

>>>6.Injo is such a bad king in this ep, all we see him is playing inside the palace.

There is a major reason for Injo's playing.  He tried to use women to forget his bad feeling from Qing.

Also, he complained about KJJ's making him a king!.

btw, the woman with Injo is Lee Shang-gong (5th level consort). She was afraid of the memory of the previous queen (dead then).

Thus, she didn't feet comfortable to sleep with Injo.  Injo said that she was beautiful but cold, cant help him...

You see, Injo and KJJ hate each other just for the same reason: KJJ's making Injo the king

Guest LHRCN

@Kite-Nature
thank you so much for clarifying
Can you translate the scene of Nam Hyuk and Yam Chun? what did she say to her? what did he say to her? why is his mother hating her?
what did her father tell her? what did she say when she was crying and running to the mountain?
Oh My god i have so many questions right now. because i dont understand korean so its hard to understand their emotions

why is the concubine scared of the dead queen??
the fact that Injo hates Kim ja Jeom and Kim Ja jeom hates him for what he has been doing to KJJ makes the drama interesting to watch
I love this fight between Injo and KJJ although its bloody , but i find it interesting to watch.

samasta93 said:
@LHRCNthat breastfeeding scene was kinda surprising too.. hahaa.. I didn't expect they would really show it~ but I guess there will be more "open" scenes.. much very appreciated because they would add more essential sense into this saeguk IMO.. 

Archived