[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Guest LHRCN

Guest LHRCN

Kite-Nature said:

I think ep04 is the major turnpoint of Yam Chun. A lot of remembering and replay showed the hatred and love in the past.

The replay of hatred made her abandon the resistence to Consort Kim and accepted the future of a king's woman.

The replay of love made her gives herself away to NH. 

Looking forward to seeing ep05.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kite-Nature

@samasta93  Let me try to answer some of your questions:

#I'm confused with In Jo's relationship with Kim... , or was he afraid of her?

image.jpg?w=600
Spring: A Great Season For Historical Dramas

They say April is the cruelest month but not for lovers of historical kdramas. This season offers lots of choices when it comes to shows with great sets, lavish costumes and hold-your-breath martial action.Two of these shows have already started but a weekend's marathon could help you catch up. Already being shown are "Cruel Palace: War of Flowers" and "Gu Am Heo Joon."
"Cruel Palace" depicts the battles between concubines in the royal palace, so you know there are going to be some great costumes and settings. These women will do whatever it takes to gain the love of the king and the power his favor bestows. Centering the story is the beautiful but evil concubine Jo So Young, played by Kim Hyun Joo. She tries to impress King In Jo, played by Lee Duk Hwa, but when this lowborn beauty gets the power she desires, more struggles ensue. It also stars Jung Sung Woon as Crown Prince So Hyun.

"Gu Am Heo Joon" tells the story of Heo Joon, a court physician during the reign of King Seonjo of the Joseon Dynasty. It's a compelling story about a commoner who rose through the ranks to write the medical texts that defined Korean medicine. Kim Joo Hyuk stars as Heo Joon. Park Jin Hee plays Ye Jin and Park Eun Bin plays Da Hee.
Two new historical dramas slated to start soon are "Jang Ok Jung" and "Gu Family Book."
"Jang Ok Jung," starring Kim Tae Hee, Hong Soo Hyun and Jae Hee tells the story of Jang Ok Jung, the royal concubine during the Joseon Dynasty who was responsible for the exile and possibly the death of Queen In Hyun. Although Jang OK Jung's life has been portrayed in many dramas, this version of the story will focus on her talents as well as her flaws.

"Gu Family Book" adds a little fantasy to the historical drama genre. In the drama, Choi Kang Chi, played by Lee Seung Ki, is born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature, who struggles to become more human. He meets Dam Yeo Wool, played by Suzy. Besides being a master of martial arts and archery, she is also very concerned with what it takes to live an honorable life.These four series offer an entertaining way to expand your historical drama viewing.
http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9027/20130404/historical-drama-spring-jang-ok-jung.htm

Find on Jang Ok Jung Thread posted by jjsweeter0211

Guest samasta93

Additionally, I wished they have showed more cruelty of YC's father toward her and her mother.. why I felt like her anger, resentment, and disappointment toward her father are somewhat lacking... I meant, her father indeed treated them poorly, but still he managed to give them comfortable living environment, didn't throw them away to the street or did something evil like selling YC off to brothel or really offering her as someone's concubine.. hmm... maybe I missed some points...
# InJo's deceased queen was the mother of his three sons whom were forced to go to Shimyang? I remembered KJJ said to Kim SangGung that the deceased queen didn't have sex driven no matter how InJo had tried hard to please her... so which one is true? Was she very special to InJo or not..? Or maybe I missed another point again here..
@LHRCN @Kite-Naturethanks for your thoughts & responses too.. really looking forward to reading more comments of yours..

Guest Kite-Nature

@samasta93

# Her father was just a regular man blocked by the system. Futhermore. he was a winner in the system and tended to maintain it. I think YC hates the system

and her father is just a symbol for that.  I dont think her father is all that bad, either.

Yes. InJo's deceased queen was the mother of his three sons. Well, Injo must loved and feared her ai the same time.

4.jpg

Kim Hyun-joo, '' royal wedding dress, arms wearing Lee Deok hwa

Actor Kim Hyun-joo [G Valley - bakyonghwan of reporters 'royal' wedding dress, appearance, fine gopdi the public.

Kim Hyun-joo will be broadcast six days JTBC weekend soap opera 'court janhoksa - the flowers of war (war of flowers) "and under artificial success ipgwol, the harem cheopji I finally through rigorous screening gimsanggung, 5 times, the first face-to-face look captures.

Throughout the Joseon Dynasty royal history, will announce Cho is the best vamp villainess is also avail the colorful appearance of the bloody war heralded the beginning of the increase in the tension. You may have to what is captured more finely dressed royal wedding dress, Kim Hyun-joo, and kkotdanjang look,, eye-catching.

Wife, who rests in the bosom of the artificial and friendly atmosphere from the first meeting, amplifies questions and artificial are you waiting for the first night behave CURRYWURST sitting. Quietly vowed revenge and ate the poisoned mind, if successful, to buy the favor of the artificial and future secured palace drawing attention to anything of hot.

March 17, Kim Hyun-joo of the 'scene' royal wedding dress, stage yard located in Icheon, Gyeonggi-do's 'Flowers of War' took place on the set. Kim Hyun-joo the cheeks head jokduri, the the rouge take gonji, royal wedding dress, graceful appearance, strutting appeared on the set, shooting schedule over in Zhangjiang 7 hours plus contributions did digestion.

Kim Hyun-joo as posture undisturbed fleeting, for less than 5 hours topped heavy jokduri, on the head, but you have to sit on your knees, I continued to shoot well, the admiration of the staff jaahnaetda.

cr : gvalley translated by google translate

Guest itsajklmnop

Yes I do agree. So far, the episodes were excellent. The actors and actresses are fantastic. :) Kudos to the production team of CPWOF. Looking forward for the next episodes.
Anyone can give a link for the live streaming tomorrow? Thank you :P

Guest LHRCN

@tikamacika
thank you for posting the news, yes what a great season to watch saeguks, i always love watching seaguks because of their beautiful hanboks, the people, beautiful landscape...etc.

itsajklmnop said: Yes I do agree. So far, the episodes were excellent. The actors and actresses are fantastic. :) Kudos to the production team of CPWOF. Looking forward for the next episodes.
Anyone can give a link for the live streaming tomorrow? Thank you :P

Guest LHRCN

class="post-title"Netizens Outraged by Sexy Scenes in Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers54192289.2.jpg

Netizens have been buzzing about a scene in a recent episode of JTBC’s new drama, Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers. In the episode, Yam Jun (Kim Hyun Joo) learns how to seduce men from a gisaeng, or Korean geisha. The gisaeng takes Yam Jun out in the rain in a white hanbok and makes her stand there. And then Yam Jun is told something kind of weird: “You have to count every single raindrop wetting your body. Only then can you feel the snake’s tongue licking your body.” Soon, her wet hanbok reveals the silhouette of her body.

After this scene was aired, some netizens reacted negatively. People commented that “it’s awkward to see such exposures in every episode,” “there are many exposing scenes unnecessary to the development of the story,” “it’s good to show the feminine side of gisaeng…but this is too much.”

Do you think those netizens are overreacting, especially after the breastfeeding scene commotion, or are the scenes really too much for you?

(Source: http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/04/too-much-exposure-or-another-overreaction/)

Guest maswag

I haven't watched any eps yet but if there is any bed scene, are they completely naked like in the movie 'A frozen flower'?

Guest itsajklmnop

Yes. I also read an article that netizens are praising KHJ's body in that scene. Well, its not too much for me. 

Guest LHRCN

OMGGGGG I am going crazy

she is

pregnant in the next ep

ep 5
**spoiler**
YC+ NH together in that strange house, she wanted to have a night with him to say goodbye
but he was so meant to her, he said something like he is from an upper class and she is a lowborn
all this time it was just his act. he didnt have any feeling for her ( things like that)
but she started to take off her clothes.
finally they had a night together, on the other hand, shot doctor was looking for her, it was raining so he went to that same house to wait
he got scared because of the house, so he ran away, i dont know if he saw or heard something??

consort Kim arrived at her house at the morning, but she wasnt there
consort kim scolded her mother, suddenly she appeared and scolded consort Kim, consort Kim had to shut her mouth because she will be the king's woman, who is ranked higher then her.
InJo has a plan on their first night, he went to Lee sangcung but didnt sleep with her, he just stayed their the whole night
YC was angry because the king made her wait.
the next morning, the 3 ladies had some talk about YC, too bad she was standing outside and heard everything
she opened the door and come in, she said hello to them as a newbie
she ordered lee sangcung to stand up to leave the sit for her to sit because she ranks higher than her
lady Jo is soobin, which is higher than that lee lady ( she is just a palace maid who Injo likes)
the lady in green is SukBin ( her rank is higher than SooBin)
and the oldest has the most highest ranking I think??
Lady Jo who is a newbie but doenst have any respect for the other ladies, she also slapped the maid of Lady Lee because the maid did something to her.

At night, Lee lady told InJo about everything, Injo seems to interest in her character.
upon hearing it, he got up and went to look for Lady Jo. The enuch went to inform Consort Kim about it and she was happy that Injo went to visit lady Jo
btw at home, Yam chun's mother prayed for her to have a son with Injo, shot doctor came in and said something about Nam Hyuk
I wonder if they know something??

Injo arrived at Lady Jo's room, she was angry that she didnt look at his face, then he asked her something
while answering his answer she was forgetting that she was angry at him so she turned around and looked into his face
she stopped talking, looked straight into his face, he surprised and asked her is there something strange?
she said:'' so the King looks like this?''
he asked how:'' she answered something, i think she compliment him???''
he started to laugh and she started her evil laugh***end****

preview***
Injo and Lady Jo are having fun and she started to throw up*
I say she is pregnant, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh**

I havent watch any episode of Cruel Palace....50 episodes are too much for me  :((
SPOILERBut here's bed scene between YC and NH :\">
209hmok.jpg

source : http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109570463

LHRCN said:@Agiethe drama is worth to watch, but you could do a marathon as well if its finished or watched the beautiful scenes, this drama has so many beautiful scenes which I like

Archived