and this
http://www.nolbunet.com/index.php?mid=drama&document_srl=206032

*-havent watched this ep, just got home, i am off to watch***

Guest LHRCN

ahhhhh I am impressed with the last scene of ep 4

ep 4

*spoiler*
Yam Chun has a physical check by Consort Kim
after that Yam Chun left but she was held back by the guard, she called out saying that she is a daughter of a mistress
how in the world could be it she becoming a king's woman
Yam Chun was locked in a storage room. she said she would bite her tongue to die in other to do what consort Kim said
she was too stubborn so she refused to eat to show Consort Kim that she would die instead of becoming a concubine.
after a day, she felt to tired, she had a flashback of how her father abandoned her, Nam Hyuk's mother rejected her,
Nam Hyuk couldnt do anything to save their love, all the hates together, so she got up and started to eat with a lot of tears
**to comment Kim Hyun Joo's acting in this scene, OMG love her crying scene so much. in ep 2 as a spoiled brat girl she cried so loud like a kid
but in this ep she cried with tears without any sound. ***
from this moment, i think the devil which lives deep inside her heart is alive, she wants to revenge from this moment , she totally forgets Hyuk.

Next scene, we see Kim Ja Jeom enters the palace, he has a meeting with InJo
Kim Ja jeom mentioned some plans for Injo.
they had a long long talk, which I dont really understand what it is all about
then kim Ja jeom left, outside the room, Kim Ja Jeom has some reflection in his mind, i think he is saying how Injo is slowly get trapped.
while Injo is saying something in his mind about Kim Ja Jeom as well
***Oh My god, love both jung sung mo and Lee duk hwa's acting in this scene, LDH is acting as a weak, puppet King I ever seen. and I love Kim Ja jeom's fired look, **

Next scene, Yam Chun is taught by the geisha header of how she could use her face and eyes to seduce a man
she fell to do what the madame wanted. The maid teasers her.
The geisha header was saying how bad Yam Chun was , she was dreaming of how she could seduce the King ( i think??)
next scene, yam Chun is in the same room with Consort Kim, Kim was asking about her man? or her love?
she said she didnt have one? then she corrected herself by saying I forgot about that person, its true.
Then consort Kim told her to prepare her mind, then she teared up, remember her young days
as a kid, she was teased by other kids, Hyuk came and saved her
they exchanged name: '' My name is Nam Hyuk, and you? '' '' I am Yam chun''
we see the young Yam Chun got some cakes for Hyuk. ( Oh My god, the kid actors are so cuteeeeeeeeee)
then we see the teenages Yam chun and Nam Hyuk
she bought him a book and stole an appple for him, he piggybacked her, she was touched and leaned on him. We heard Nam Hyuk's voice '' Yam Chun a, be my wife, cant you?''
( oh my god, i didnt image they fell in love with each other at such young age, both had the pain in their own little hearts. that is why they were bought together and fell in love with each other)

Next scene, its midnight and Yam Chun together with Consort Kim go to Kim Ja jeom's house.
He said to consort Kim to excuse them, he played the instrument and she started to dance to his playing
(love this scene, the music goes from slow to fast and it makes you feel excited. although I feel dizzy when she turns around so many times)
the dance is ended, he asked if she felt good? she answered ''yes'' with a happy face
he is telling how he risk his life to promote her and he asked her to take the fact of being a concubine's daughter to her grave
otherwise they would be dead together. he tells her he will adopt her, from TODAY '' I am your father''
Nam Chun remembers the fact that she cant say the words '' father'', so in tears she calls Kim Ja jeom '' FATHER'' .( I think I was happy that she has a powerful father now)

Next scene, its in China, we see a lot things happens in China, but i dont understand a thing
Next scene, Kim ja jeom went to the palace and had  talk with InJo, he mentioned the ''girl'' to Injo. both laughed*
next day, Yam Chun is going back home for the last time before she enters the palace. she told her mother to promise her something
The mother is scared, but Yam chun makes her to shut her mouth.
the shot doctor went to Hyuk's house to find him, seeing the drunken Hyuk, Hyuk said he would kill him for what he did to Yam Chun
the shot doctor promised to help him meet Yam Chun, at night he sneaked in to Yam Chun's house to bring the news to her. hahah this scene is funny, how she springs into the house, hahaha
He met Yam Chun outside her room, he told her that Hyuk is waiting for her, she asked ''why? did he say he missed me?''
shot doctor said he's thinking about you, ''his face is this skinny''
Yam Chun '' please tell him dont look for me, I dont miss him''
she went to her room and had a flashback of her standing in the rain to clean her mind.
**OMG because i dont understand what her teacher said to her, i had some dirty thoughts when i saw this scene, because Kim Hyun Joo was all wet , but love this scene, the slow motion helps me to see how pretty Kim Hyun Joo is, ahh so beautiful''

Then back to reality she had something in her mind, she went to met Hyuk, he was waiting for her under the tree, she grabbed his hand
they running to a strange house, she took of her shirt, tells him'' please take me''??
meanwhile the mother realized that Yam Chun runs away, she was scared

*preview*
after the night together Hyuk said: '' Dont Leave''
Yam Chun :'' I promised xxx??, from today I am your woman''
and she becomes the King's woman.

Guest YunRa1430270238

@LHRCN Thanks for wanting to take over the topic. I've messaged the mod/admin so it should go over to your name soon. Thanks again for all the updates. I love the pictures and news!

Guest LHRCN

JungYunho_GoAra said: @LHRCN Thanks for wanting to take over the topic. I've messaged the mod/admin so it should go over to your name soon. Thanks again for all the updates. I love the pictures and news!

Guest jessT

The 2 child - actors are so cute together, and I love the V's of Jeon tae soo and Kim Hyun Joo.
KHJ doesnt seem to age at all, she looks so beautiful here.

Guest LHRCN

yay Engsub of ep 3 is OUT
here is the link
http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/cruel-palace-war-of-flowers-episode-3/

I love this drama.
I love the attention to details - the poor Nam Hyuk's fraying and weathered aristocrat hat, while dressed as a commoner. The Qing dynasty/Manchurian men not speaking Korean. In other sageuks, all foreigners and enemy nations all speak fluent Korean, which is just a lazy way to deal with the issue.

I feel bad that she got angry with NH and decided to go to the meeting, only to be trapped, but she never intended on become the King's woman.
I am uncomfortable with the king's love scenes, lol.

Guest LHRCN

[ENGSUB] ep 4 is up
http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/cruel-palace-war-of-flowers-episode-4/

or here
http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4243/4/Cruel_Palace%3A_War_of_the_Flowers/?ap=1#/comments

Guest kcmg25

Thanks for posting here the links of Cruel Palace's episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 with English Subtitles. Now I'm off to watch it at last. I'm so excited for this.

Guest LHRCN

DJG said: I love this drama.
I love the attention to details - the poor Nam Hyuk's fraying and weathered aristocrat hat, while dressed as a commoner. The Qing dynasty/Manchurian men not speaking Korean. In other sageuks, all foreigners and enemy nations all speak fluent Korean, which is just a lazy way to deal with the issue.

I feel bad that she got angry with NH and decided to go to the meeting, only to be trapped, but she never intended on become the King's woman.

Guest samasta93

DJG said: I love this drama.

Guest Kite-Nature

I think ep04 is the major turnpoint of Yam Chun. A lot of remembering and replay showed the hatred and love in the past.

The replay of hatred made her abandon the resistence to Consort Kim and accepted the future of a king's woman.

The replay of love made her gives herself away to NH. 

Looking forward to seeing ep05.

Guest kcmg25

My internet connection is not working properly so I wasn't able to watch Cruel Palace properly. Don't worry LHRCN, once I'm done watching the 4 episodes I will share my thoughts about it. 

Guest samasta93

I've just finished watching ep 3 & 4..
#I'm confused with In Jo's relationship with Kim Ja Jeom. Sometimes In Jo understood and could guess exactly what KJJ's intentions are, but sometimes I think KJJ is a step ahead.. I wonder whether In Jo knew or not behind KJJ's proposal of new concubine...and could someone share what's wrong with the deceased Queen whom Concubine Lee always was scared of? Did In Jo cherish her deceased queen so much, or was he afraid of her?
#The conversation between YC and Kim Ja Jeom was meaningful (evil too, but was stated very straightforward yet the use of sentence and example were very clever). I do really like that scene. A very typical Kim Ja Jeom. YC would definitely learn a lot of evilness from her foster father in coming days...
#I don't understand those Joseon stubborn officials who kept emotionally intending to make Qing Dynasty angry... their ignorance and arrogance were the primary factor of the suffering of Joseon people.. if only they had kept balanced diplomatic relationship, perhaps the wars could have been avoided.. even after losing the battle, yet they still installed that childish behavior.. =.= I know they admired Ming Dynasty better, but the reality was the "Heaven Ruler" had changed, they should have accepted the fact and lived on by that... 
#InJo's crown prince and crown princess, I do like both of them. They could have been the greatest royal pair like King Se Jong and his beloved queen, very sorry that their destiny was miserable..
#In the ep. 4 when Kim Sang Hun arrived at ShimYang, he saw Joseon women were being sold off, and the narrator mentioned something about Hwa Han Nyeo (wrong spelling perhaps). What is it about? Could someone share explanation about this term too?
-----------at any rate, I really enjoy all episodes.. though I must admit that I need to prepare myself for the upcoming episodes.. barely I could watch the bed scene(s) between LDH and KHJ... sometimes I thought whether the director has ever considered other actors as King In Jo (someone who perhaps maximum 10 years older than KHJ instead of 25 years older senior?) lol..

Archived