[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Guest LHRCN

Guest LHRCN

[NEWS] Breastfeeding scene in Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers causes stir

cruelpalace.jpg

A breastfeeding scene in Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers is causing quite a commotion between the viewers and the production team. What shocked viewers was that a part of the breast of the actress was shown in the process and it was aired without any censorship. Netizens commented that the scene was too provocative for television.

In response, an associate of Cruel Palace told a news agency that the intent of the scene was not to evoke sexuality but instead, to truthfully portray the situation. The representative explained that they wanted to show heightened maternal love while the character Song Sun Mee breastfeeds her baby for the last time before they part ways: “When this baby grows up, it will hold a very important role in the drama. It was crucial to the story that we show not only the mother but also the part where her tears fell on the baby’s cheeks. The production crew is aware of viewer reactions and if the majority of the viewers think that it is too sexual, then we will adjust the scenes.”

The first episode (which contains the controversial scene) of Cruel Palace was aired on the 23rd and the series will have 50 episodes total.

Do you agree with netizens when they say the scene is too risque?

(Source: http://www.news.nate.com)

From: http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/03/scandalous-scene-in-cruel-palace-war-of-the-flowers-causes-stirr-in-fans/

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LHRCN

ahh the behind the scene pics are sooooo CUTE

20130322_175539_1987.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_175545_7812.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_180143_6598.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_180148_6825.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_182354_4214.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_182409_9307.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_182419_1962.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_182504_0416.jpg.tn580.jpg
20130322_182529_8414.jpg.tn580.jpg
JTBC

BTS kim hyun joo, jeon tae soo
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTIyODM0NDEy.html

*edit**
anyone find the mother and doctor's couple funny?? imo, there is always this funny music when they are together
i cant believe they have a bed scene too, haha
i think i can laugh and cry with this drama.

Guest samasta93

Hopefully they wouldn't drag too much that breastfeeding scene.. if it was compared to explicit scenes of The Untold Scandal (starring Bae Yong Jun and Jeon Do Yeon),, they are more vulgar~~ even I'm pretty sure the upcoming "hot" scenes of this saeguk wouldn't be as explicit as what Bae Yong Jun did~ kkkk
I checked its airing time, maybe they should have shifted it to around 21.45 if they didn't want youngsters to view it~ 

----------Lee Duk Hwa really match with the image of a King.. can't expect more.. the lavish robe is very suitable with him.. that grandpa is really awesome.. I adore him as much as I adore Grandpa Lee Sung Jae..
--------- #additional postcan't really blame so yong hating his father that much and resenting her fate for being born as a concubine's child. I always can't understand how man could be such a loser when he impregnated concubines and barely could take responsible with his illegal children' future just because of their born status. They should have thought a lot before taking concubines! Those children did not ask to be born as an outcast~! ~X(

LHRCN

said:

[NEWS] Breastfeeding scene in Cruel Palace/ War of Flowers causes stir

cruelpalace.jpg

A breastfeeding scene in Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers is causing quite a commotion between the viewers and the production team. What shocked viewers was that a part of the breast of the actress was shown in the process and it was aired without any censorship. Netizens commented that the scene was too provocative for television.

In response, an associate of Cruel Palace told a news agency that the intent of the scene was not to evoke sexuality but instead, to truthfully portray the situation. The representative explained that they wanted to show heightened maternal love while the character Song Sun Mee breastfeeds her baby for the last time before they part ways: “When this baby grows up, it will hold a very important role in the drama. It was crucial to the story that we show not only the mother but also the part where her tears fell on the baby’s cheeks. The production crew is aware of viewer reactions and if the majority of the viewers think that it is too sexual, then we will adjust the scenes.”

The first episode (which contains the controversial scene) of Cruel Palace was aired on the 23rd and the series will have 50 episodes total.

Do you agree with netizens when they say the scene is too risque?

(Source: http://www.news.nate.com)

From: http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/03/scandalous-scene-in-cruel-palace-war-of-the-flowers-causes-stirr-in-fans/

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN >>>Can you translate the scene of Nam Hyuk and Yam Chun? what did she say to her? what did he say to her? why is his mother hating her?

(Jo So Yong)   (Nam Hyuk)

J: You didn't study and just learned how to do fighting, did you?
J: In that case, I think it is impossible for you to get No. 1 in the exam.
N: Scholars are all moving down.
N: They won't have the day to arise before the death of the king.
N: After the death of my mother, I will try to be a merchant of ancient goods.
J: Are you saying that you want to be a merchant?
N: I cant kill myself, so just wander around in the world.
J: No. You have to think more for your mother.
J: Just as you mother hopes, you should do more for the exam to rebuild the honor of your family.
N: Yam Chun.
J: Yes. If you are not a son of nobles, I should marry you and have good days.
J: Oh, yes. Give this (giseng) to your mother. I thoungt buying it myself.
J: But, the price is up recently due to the chaos. Take it!
J: Return to your home.
N: Yam Chun.
J: What?
N: Be my wife!
J: (laugh)
N: Long time ago, I ...
J: Even when you are a merchant, you are still a son of nobles.
J: And I am still a daughter of a mistress, even after I die a hundred times.
N: I dont care about these.
J: The world wont forgive, unless the rule of the world is overthrown.

>>>what did her father tell her? what did she say when she was crying and running to the mountain?
Your summary  are mostly correct for these questions, except that her father didnt force to marry her off. He just mentioned it.

>>>why is the concubine scared of the dead queen??
The story behind it is yet to be told.

Guest xopo17

@LHRCN : really thanks for u'r recap on ep.1 n 2. it really help me a lot to understand before i got the sub.
btw, to all , kingofbeer already rip subs for ep.1 . yeah finally, there is sub, hope it will last until end of episode. THANKS TO KINGOFBEER .
about the breastfeeding, well i don't think its a bad thing. its a human thing and it really happen in our society and maybe it will make all new mother to do a breastfeeding. let's think in positive ways
about sex scene, yeah i have to admit it, its a little bit too open ,i think JBTC should edit it for next episode. btw the sex scene, especially on episode which king ask a lady to have sex with him but the lady seem disagree with that , to me this sex scene remaind me a lot on the great seer (kdrama) , i think they want to do this on early episode to catch attention to all viewer so they would like to watch it , but i wish war of flowers would not end up in low rating just like the great seer kdrama. 
after all, love this drama n its not bad at all :)

Guest LHRCN

class="headline"Jun Tae Su Injured While Shooting ′Cruel Palace′

By Choi, EunHwa | CJ E&M enewsWorld – 

Jun Tae Su pulled through his shoots despite suffering from a minor injury.

While shooting for his jTBC drama Cruel Palace: War of Flowers on March 25, he was cut above his left eye, but he nevertheless continued filming after receiving some emergency treatment.

19441634.jpg

A rep from Cruel Palace said, "Jun Tae Su was filming an action scene in which he had to fight six assassins, and he got cut when an actor dropped his sword. The producers and cast were all surprised at the injury, but he continued filming without showing any signs he had been shaken."

Moon Yong Sung, head of Jun Tae Su′s agency, said, "The incident happened because he was so passionate about his piece. Fortunately he won′t need stitches or surgery, so he′s resting at his home after wrapping up his scenes."

Jun Tae Su currently appears in the drama as Nam Hyuk, the son of a fallen aristocratic family. His family suffers from poverty after being framed as traitors, but still he continues to take care of his old mother without losing his kind heart.

Photo credit: jTBC

Reach reporter Choi Eunhwa on Twitter @silvercandy88!

Guest LHRCN

@Kite-Nature
thank you so much for the translation, your translation helps me a lot while waiting for the sub
and thank the subbing team, i finally watch ep 1 with sub. i didnt expect the sub to come out this fast, yay so happy

wow Yam Chun's life is so pitiful, btw i think she has the same status as Hong Gil Dong, he was a son of a mistress too( i think his mother was a servant and she was raped by the father)
as much i as know about korean Culture during Joseon time, if youre Geisha or youre a daughter of a Geisha you cant get married to a noble man.
while Yam Chun is a daughter of a mistress why cant she get married to Nam hyuk???

@xopo17
well same here, i am Ok with the breastfeeding scene but I dont like the bed scene of Injo and the concubine
but Korean Netizens only talk about the breast scene??
while they praised Lee Duk Hwa for his excelling acting in that BED SCENE, why is it? i dont get it.
this is the korean news which they praised Lee Duk Hwa
http://news.jtbc.co.kr/html/842/NB10255842.html

OMG i cant believe it, JTBC website is bombed with massive twit and comment, it has more than 500 twit a day, what an impressive rate.
and Cruel Palace continue being Number 1 on TOP search at Naver, i dont know if its because of the breast and the topless scene? or is it because of the drama popularity.??

Like you might know, Kim Hyun Joo said at the press conference that she was worried about the HOT scene between her and Lee Duk Hwa ( she meant she didnt know how to act, or how she would deal with those scenes since he is 25 years older than her)
now that there are tons of debates about sexuality, I hope the PD didnt force them to film scenes like that.
Oh Mo, i cant image Kim Hyun Joo acting scenes like that with Lee duk hwa, please not.
But I like her being topless in ep 3, hahaha. I like this crazy side of Yam Chun, I think she was in the room with the Geisha headmaster.
she said:'' if you dont believe me, why dont you see it with your own eyes''?

btw I dont get it, since yam Chun loves nam Hyuk so much
why did she say in ep 1 that she wish she would taken away from the Qing so she would have a chance to marry a rich man.
is this girl too evil? or is it some hate that she cant marry a noble man? that is why she want to destroy her own life?

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN>>>while Yam Chun is a daughter of a mistress why cant she get married to Nam hyuk???

Anyway, the system is rigid. People are classified into 4 levels: king family and nobles, middle men, citizen, and slave.

Regularly, there is no marriage across the levels. Furthermore, the status of a child is based on his/her mother.

Nam belongs to  nobles although he is poor. Jo is a daughter of a mistress. Thus, she  is a middle man. The marriage between them is not encouraged

if not forbidden.

BTW, Could you post the link for EP01 with English sub? 

Guest LHRCN

[EngSub] Ep 2

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4243/2/Cruel_Palace%3A_War_of_the_Flowers/?ap=1

**edit**
after watching ep 2 with sub
i think the bed scene with court lady Lee, is like a introduction why the royal family is looking for a new concubine and new queen.
as i watched the preview of ep 3 with sub, i heard someone said'' I would be a queen'' and its not Kim Hyun Joo's voice
I think while Kim Ja Jeom promote Yam Chun, on the other hand someone is promote the young girl to be the queen as well.( the actress who plays the queen does appear yet).
btw in the preview they showed after the end of ep 1, Kim Ja Jeom said he needed a puppet. and Yam Chun  is going to be that girl ( but i dont think she would be his puppet)
and does anyone know how is the connection of Kim Ja Jeom and her father?
I am hating the father so much, that is why I want to see the moment when he kneels infront of her when she becomes the king's woman, and how she doesnt recognize him as a father ( exactly what he did to her before when she was young).
the doctor on the other hand, why do I feel this father-figure he has for Yam Chun when he helps her to get Hyuk out of the prison? although he says that he likes her and all that dirty talk, i still find that he looks more like a father to him than someone who wants she sleeps with him.

While it seems to be most acceptable to comment that the controversial scenes don't matter, I'll be the one to say that they do matter and I wish they had been left out.  One of the biggest appeals of sageuks to many of us today is that they are usually a welcome alternative to what airs on many US television networks today. 

For those of us who seek family fare for viewing we've been able to trust that we won't encounter such scenes in these great dramas.  Now that many have the ability to stream dramas, particularly foreign dramas we couldn't get in the past it has been such a delight to discover the world of sageuks. 

I really hoped to watch this one, too bad that in order to appeal to one group of viewers they will lose others. 

Flame away!

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN thanks for the links. (some of them are area restricted)

>>>and does anyone know how is the connection of Kim Ja Jeom and her father?
In the drama, her father is a follower of KJJ, so he worried about being arrested due to the connection.

That 's why he came to her mother's house, and told So Yong to take care of her mother. Also, her father

appeared in the scene of the 1623 event. (This is not true in history.)

Guest LHRCN

since this drama has the same production team with Queen Insoo, so I went to look for some old news of Queen Insoo

while Queen Insoo was airing it had the same debate when Ham Eung Jung of Tara had a bed scene with Beak Seung Hoon.

to me, it looks like they( the production team) want to show viewers that they dare to show everything since they are cable TV channel.

I hope that Kim Hyun Joo doesnt have to act any of the HOT scenes.

@Kite-Nature

yeah i saw Yam Chun's father at the 1623 event, and yes he is sided with Kim ja Jeom

btw, since Yam Chun is a daughter of a mistress, that is why she cant get married to nam Hyuk

how is it possible that she could be a king's woman?? i guess Kim Ja Jeom would addopt her as his daughter( that is why she become noble)

**edit**

online link of ep 2 with sub

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/cruel-palace-war-of-flowers-episode-2/

Guest samasta93

LHRCN said:

since this drama has the same production team with Queen Insoo, so I went to look for some old news of Queen Insoo

while Queen Insoo was airing it had the same debate when Ham Eung Jung of Tara had a bed scene with Beak Seung Hoon.

to me, it looks like they( the production team) want to show viewers that they dare to show everything since they are cable TV channel.

I hope that Kim Hyun Joo doesnt have to act any of the HOT scenes.

This drama is daebak.
As a sageuk lover, I have been disappointed by a lot of the main channel sageuks lately. Stupid plots, weak acting, poor stage and sets, horrible directing (how Gwanggaeto the Great was destroyed still bugs me).
Cable channels are like HBO, Showtime etc. they show more skin, because well they are cable dramas, lol.

Can't wait for more episodes.

Archived