[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Guest LHRCN

The dramas posters

201303211523776656_514aa7ef96d06.jpg

201303211523776656_514aa7f06447c.jpg

[OSEN = gangseojeong reporter] JTBC New Weekend Special Drama 'courtly the Tales of Cruelty Towards Flowers of War' (less than) Tales of Cruelty Towards court notice bloody war and unveiled the poster.

'Palace of the Tales of Cruelty Towards' (a play jeonghayeon, directing nojongchan) the woman is going to the devil in order to win the love of power the Joseon Dynasty king of the wretched woman dealing with the court of cancer authentic historical dramas. Poster, the temptation is to give the Mothership court was rife with all kinds of conspiracy Ibiza realistic to conjure woman of bloody

Tales of Cruelty Towards 'royal' than what the main poster appeared with Kim Hyun-joo, yideokhwa, neurologic, gowonhui reveals an intense and captivating images. Yideokhwa centered lives up to the title, 'Flowers of War' three actresses flaunt the charm and each of the other three, three-color poster lavishly decorated and is
Costume wearing gonryongpo engraved with ornate golden embroidery faux Station yideokhwa introduced the appearance of the charismatic monarch without regret. Kim Hyun-joo while leaning on the arms of the yideokhwa saucy, bewitching appearance, and with a look of sensuality, pride neurologic combines stately beauty and elegant charm beauty and intelligence sejabin Kang expression did. Sensibilities of the young queen, putputhan had to put rookie gowonhui charge of enteric fever princely station.

It is characterized by red, violet, pink color is set to costumes to fit the character of the three women in the major rivalry. And different combinations of the three women notice that static atmosphere elicit tension. Of bloody war happen in the center of the artificial woman curiosity that drove some blue on the home theater come forward hardwood.

Also avail another version of Cho Cho's intense facial expressions continue to dominate the deadly beauty as a weapon artificial Move arch Femme Fatale avail the exclusive poster was emphasized. Provocative glances one with the lethal and unconventional charm hidden in it enough to express the desire to avail Kim Hyun-joo Cho Station. Since its debut the first to challenge the villainess smoke report through the smoke transformed, while Kim Hyun-joo poster heralding the birth of a new 'national villainess'.

'Courtly the Tales of Cruelty Towards the first 23 days will be broadcast

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LHRCN

itsajklmnop said: @LHRCN, really a bed scene? OMO, that will be KHJ's first. I can't imagine how they will do that because she's so shy even in her kissing scenes. Woah! Shocked :)
By the way, I saw the first episode. It was amazing. Very good acting, effects. Everything's excellent. I hope that drama will attract more viewers. But based on the release of EP1, think they surpass what fans wanted to see in this drama. 

Guest LHRCN

In drama, concubines compete for royal love

htm_20130321102242c010c011.jpg

'I am quite worried about the level of body exposure.’ - Kim Hyun-joo

A cruel battle among concubines during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) is the theme for legendary screenwriter Kim Soo-hyun’s new JTBC’s weekend drama “Cruel Palace - War of Flowers.”

This fictional period piece will succeed Kim’s latest drama “Best Life is Without Children” and centers around a royal concubine Jo So-yong (Kim Hyun-joo) as she tries to gain the attention of King Injo (Lee Duk-hwa) with her beauty and wit. When she succeeds, there is a bloody battle over the power she receives.

On Tuesday, the first episode of the drama was revealed at a press conference. Reporters had their eyes glued to the screen as King Injo admits a humiliating defeat to the new dynasty of Qing in the Manchu War.

The re-enactment is based on the legendary tale of King Injo bowing three times and bashing his head into the ground to admit his defeat to Huang Taiji.

And true to its title, “Cruel Palace” is not for the faint-hearted.

“I’ve focused a lot on the artistic side of the drama such as by showing each character’s inner conflict with clashing colors,” said producer Noh Jong-chan. “I’m also planning to take the audience to the very deepest depths of the scenes in the king’s bedroom as well as the scenes that show the relationships between the concubines.”

Actress Kim said during the press conference that this is her first time playing a femme fatale. She often evokes an innocent image in drama fans’ minds, but Kim said that this kind of typecasting doesn’t really bother her.

She explained that she is simply looking forward to a new experience and is “more than delighted to have been given the opportunity to try something new.”

“Jo is like a beautiful red rose with a large thorn. This role will be a new life story for my acting career. I personally think it will be more interesting for an actress with an innocent image like myself to take up this wicked role,” Kim said.

Kim will also have to shoot love scenes with veteran actor Lee, who is 25 years her senior, as well as with Jun Tae-soo who plays Nam Hyuck, Jo’s first love in the television series.

“I am quite worried about the level of body exposure as well as the deep expressions that I have to display during the love scenes,” said Kim. “I’ve been taking Korean dance classes to prepare for the scene in which So-yong seduces the king. I hope viewers take note of how we portray the world inside the royal palace.”

According to the production team, Kim will be “seeking to show the different sides of So-yong as she transitions from a naive young girl into an imposing royal concubine. Her numerous transformations will captivate the hearts of viewers.”

Meanwhile, Lee, who’s taking up the role of the king, said during the press conference, “Injo is a king who acceded to the throne due to a revolutionary force. He had no philosophy of his own and was just a puppet king.”

“It is more interesting for me to portray a king that we are unfamiliar with,” he added. “Like the line that goes ‘He is an incompetent king’ in the drama, Injo doesn’t really know what a king does. When I was shooting the scene where I admit defeat, I was really humiliated.”

By Yang Sung-hee [sharon@joongang.co.kr]

source: http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2968936

Guest LHRCN

Child actress Lee Jae Mi to play the young Lady Jo

1363923502_485720.jpg

Naver

edit**

wowow her hanbok is so beautiful, also love Kim Hyun Joo's hanboks in ep 1. she has so many beautiful hanboks in one ep.

Guest xopo17

yeah new drama for kim hyun joo. she wore a beautiful Handboks , it remind me to her previous drama , it called The Land . 
from the poster n picture , it looks JTBC do some good job, i mean they serious to do this drama so i hope it will be good and jeon tae soo is very handsome, he looks very cool and made me want to see his role in this drama. n i don't mind if in the end of drama KHJ will end up with JTS , coz they are look good together :)
Edit : there is a bed scene ? ow ow ow ow wow . it will be akward scene, u know he is really old than her . hehehe :))

Guest LHRCN

some info about King Injo ( the weakest King of Joseon)

Legacy

Today, Injo is generally regarded as a weak, indecisive and unstable ruler. During his reign, the Yi Gwal Rebellion occurred, two wars were fought with the Manchus, and the economy was devastated. Injo is often compared to his predecessor, Gwanghaegun, who accomplished many things and was dethroned, while Injo made almost no achievements during his reign and was still given a temple name. Many people regard him as a model for politicians not to follow, and he is also blamed for not taking care of his kingdom. However, he reformed the military and expanded the defense of the nation to prepare for war, since the nation had several military conflicts from 1592 to 1636. He died in 1649.

Death of the Crown Prince

In 1644, after Qing conquered all of China, the two princes returned to Korea. Injo's first son, Crown Prince Sohyeon, brought with him many new products from the western world, including Christianity, and urged Injo to reform and modernize Joseon. The conservative Injo would not accept his advice; suddenly the Crown Prince was found dead in the king's room, bleeding severely from the head. Many people, including Sohyeon’s wife, tried to find out what happened to the prince, but Injo ordered a rapid burial. Later, he accused Sohyeon's wife of treason and executed her. According to tradition, Injo killed Sohyeon with a heavy inkstone that he had brought back with him from China. Prince Bongrim, who also returned from China, was appointed as new Crown Prince and later became King Hyojong (효종 孝宗, the seventeenth king of Joseon).

In 1628 a Dutchman named Weltevree was shipwrecked in Korea and introduced European culture to Korea.

credit to http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Injo_of_Joseon

Guest LHRCN

Kim Hyun Joo to act 4 hours in the rain

Lead of jtbc new drama, Kim Hyun Joo has to act 4 hours in the rain. This is the scene before she enters the palace

to be the woman of the king. Infront of her teacher, she has to clean herself in the rain.

to credit to naver

Guest itsajklmnop

Yes, I think it will be very awkward doing a bed scene with someone who's 25 years older than you. But as we all know, Kim Hyun Joo ssi's very professional. I think she'll surpass that scene well. I'm more excited with Nam Hyuk's and Lady Jo's love scene though :)
50 episodes so long. I hope the story will be better and meet the expectations of the viewers. It's rare to have this kind of drama that the lead will play both Protagonist and antagonist. Very excited to see the transformation of Lady Jo from being an innocent girl to a monstrous, hideous, evil Royal Concubine :)
Hope, you guys post screen caps and some reviews after each episode. Thank you!
And hey, for all those who loves Kim Hyun Joo, come and join us to her thread: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/519/kim-hyun-joo-%EA%B9%80%ED%98%84%EC%A3%BC/p162 :D Kamsahamnida!

Guest Kite-Nature

>>>I wonder if there is any child actor except for the girl who plays young lady Jo.

>>>the history doesnt write anything about her so I wonder how her ending would be?

1.  Of course. There are more of the child actors. I saw a pic for five of them.

2. If you mean the official  history, there are many records for Lady Jo in it. After Injo's death, Jo and Kim were soon put to death by the next King.

Guest LHRCN

@itsajklmnop I hope to see Nam Hyuk+ Lady Jo love scene too, specially when she became the king's woman, she having an affair Nam Hyuk is scary when she is already a concubine, i mean you could be killed if youre having an affair, i know 50 eps are so long, if i could do a marathon, 50 eps are nothing to me, but right now we have to wait weeks for weeks to watch each ep, it would be a long run, for about 6 months. @Kite-Nature really? there are many records of Lady Jo? wow i didnt know about it, are they based on true history or they are just some novels? I read from wikipedia that InJo died in 1649 and Kim Ja Jeom was put to dead in 1652, 3 years after Injo died.can you tell me more about lady Jo?

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN

I think you have been confused by the name of  Jo So Yong.

Jo is her family name, but So Yong is just one of titles for concubine.

Jo was finally promoted to Gwi-in in 1649 (the year of Injo's death).

After that, she was accused of rebellion, deposed, and finally killed.

Thus, she has been known as Deposed Jo Gwi-in in history.

Jo has two sons and one daughter with Injo.

Her titles:

Suk-won →So-won (1638)→So-yong (1640)→So-ui (1645)→Gwi-in(1649)→Deposed

---

Joseon Titles for Consorts: (1 is the highest)

1:   Royal Noble Consort,   1-:  Gwi-in
2:   So-ui    2-: Suk-ui  3:   So-yong  3-: Suk-yong   4: So-won 4-:Suk-won

Guest LHRCN

Kite-Nature said:

@LHRCN

I think you have been confused by the name of  Jo So Yong.

Jo is her family name, but So Yong is just one of titles for concubine.

Jo was finally promoted to Gwi-in in 1649 (the year of Injo's death).

After that, she was accused of rebellion, deposed, and finally killed.

Thus, she has been known as Deposed Jo Gwi-in in history.

Jo has two sons and one daughter with Injo.

Guest Kite-Nature

@LHRCN

Jo Yam Chun is just her made name in the drama. In Joseon, the first name of woman is usually not recorded in history.

Well, Lady Jo was famous, especially for the death of Crown Prince Sohyeon. In a recent drama 'Horse Doctor',  Jo appeared in the first episode for that. 

Her story in this drama is based on the history. But, I would say it is half  fictional.

It is said that in the drama she got into the palace as Kim Ja Jeom's daughther, and even killed a daughter for some purpose...

Guest LHRCN

Kite-Nature said:

@LHRCN

Jo Yam Chun is just her made name in the drama. In Joseon, the first name of woman is usually not recorded in history.

Well, Lady Jo was famous, especially for the death of Crown Prince Sohyeon. In a recent drama 'Horse Doctor',  Jo appeared in the first episode for that. 

Her story in this drama is based on the history. But, I would say it is half  fictional.

It is said that in the drama she got into the palace as Kim Ja Jeom's daughther, and even killed a daughter for some purpose...

Archived