[Drama 2013] TV Novel Samsaengi TV소설 삼생이

creidesca

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Samsaeng, preview for 32 ...heartbreak for her when she hears Jisang's confession to that fake Geumok and witness the kiss.  Personally I prefer  Dong Wu, he is a real gem.  Nothing against Jisang but to me he is a little too quiet and deep that u cant fathom him out.  I prefer Dong wu he is a straight no nonsense kind of guy.  I hope Samsaeng take notice of honest and steadfastly faithful Dongwu.

@timsha - I like Dong Woo but I don't mind Ji Sung either. Ji Sung will change. By the looks of this drama, it seems that Samsaeng and Ji Sung might be the ultimate couple. I think Samsaeng did know that Dong Woo likes her but she can't reciprocate that love to him because she likes Ji Sung. Dong Woo knows that on ep 32 when Samsaeng was about to walk away with tears in her eyes, after witnessing Ji Sung's confession to Geum Ok and the kiss. This is their teenage years and feelings do change with time.

@gene71632  - Well like u said maybe Samsaeng will end up with Jisang.... we are more than 100 eps away anything can happen, but what to do I like Dongwu, so I will still hope it will go that way.  Do u think anything will any relationship will develop between Geumok's father and the nanny/hsekeeper or will it be with that horrid Gijin that Geumok's nanny ends up with? I prefer the Geumok father with nanny, cos she was especially nice to Samsaeng, and later when the truth is revealed she will be a great mother to Samsaeng.

Ep 32

Geum Ok went to look for Sam Seung to find her a place to live for the night as Sam Saeng has let out the secret that she's ran away from home. Sam Saeng took her to her friend's (from night school) place near her parents house to stay the night. This is when Geum Ok met her real mother, Mak Rye for the first time while she went out to use the dunny.

When Sam Saeng was back, she was pressured by Ji Sung to call Moo Ryong to inform Geum Ok's whereabouts. Sam Saeng called and told Moo Ryong she will be responsible in sending Geum Ok home tomorrow. Ki Jin wasn't happy to learn the next morning that Geum Ok is with Sam Saeng.

The next morning, Ji Sung, Sam Saeng and Dong Woo went to make sure that Geum Ok goes home.

Geum Ok asked Sam Saeng's friend how much she earned working in a garment factory. Sam Saeng told Geum Ok that she doesn't have much left after deducting living expenses.

Geum Ok wasn't happy that Sam Saeng brought Ji Sung and Dong Woo. They all want Geum Ok to go home. Geum Ok wants them to go on an outing before she goes home and get grounded. They were joined along by Samsaeng and Dong Woo friend, working in the garment factory.  Dong Woo's tailor friend is especially happy to meet Ji Sung whom he wants to consult regarding labor law (I'll expound - It seems that the factory workers were make to work long hours by daily injections to make them stay awake, etc).

Sam Saeng's father told the family that Sam Saeng is being sponsored by Moo Ryong and he told them not to say anything against her study.

Chang Shik who is 'working' (for bus fare) in a music shop met Yoon Hee for frequent the shop to see him. Yoon Hee learns in this episode that Chang Shik don't have a girlfriend.

At the outing, the tailor friend told him that he's reading about labor law which is a bit difficult for him to understand and would like Ji Sung to teach him. Ji Sung declined.

Geum Ok approached Ji Sung who is sitting alone. Ji Sung told her that he is not a person that likes a lot of people. Geum Ok asked Ji Sung what he thinks of Sam Saeng since she grows up in his house. She asked Ji Sung if he likes her as a woman. Ji Sung hesitated but he answered that he likes Sam Saeng but not as a woman but out of pity. Ji Sung told Geum Ok that he likes her. Geum Ok said she don't believe Ji Sung. Ji Sung told Geum Ok that he is here because of Geum Ok as he doesn't want to mix with them. Geum Ok was happy to hear that and she kissed Ji Sung on the cheek. Sam Saeng overheard Ji Sung's confession and was sad. As she turns around, she saw Dong Woo looking at her sadly. He knows Sam Saeng likes Ji Sung.

Thank you for starting this thread coz I think this is a very good drama.  The best one right now and the child actors esp child samsaengi are really good.  I hope the writers will be consistent and keep up the pace right to the end.  (The previous TV novel 'Love my Love' was really disappointing at the end with the lead actress ending up with the guy that was totally unexpected and left me and many viewers 'open-mouthed'  and swearing at the finale).
I also prefer Dong Wu as he is genuine and has protected her all along.  The grownup Samsaengi is such a bright girl and I hope that whatever terrible sabotages that awful Kijin do to her will always be in vain and resolved immediately. Hope the writers will start writing on how Jisung begins to open his eyes and see the true and beautiful Samsaeng and falls for her but it will b e great if she also realise that Dong Wu is the guy  who truly cares for her all this time.  The grownup Ji sung shows that he has an 'elitist' attitude, so he is not very likable right now, and his personality is not exactly dazzling. 
Thanks Gene for the recaps!  Please keep them coming.  Kamsa haminda!

I agree that JiSung is not very likeable right now. He is a snob and only thinks Geum Ok is worth having as a friend. Well, these two are one of a kind. I am glad that Samsaeng overheard the conversation and that JiSung felt for her is only pity. This will certainly kills off any affection she felt for JiSung. In the preview of the next episode, I am glad she tells JiSung not to help her anymore. Good on you, Samsaeng. Keep your pride. You don't need JiSung's pity. 

Me too dont like the Jisang right now, a bit of a snobbish withdrawn person.  He does not like involving himself.  Even when his sen the eniors at Uni asked him to join their cause he was quite distant to their request.  Same when the tailor friend asks for his help for understanding legal text he again was distant and rejected him.  Hope he changes to a more caring person once he is older.  Hope Samsaeng when she is older will see the treasure Dong wu is.

Guest shantanushitut

Thanks a lot @gene71632 for the summary..i missed the first couple of weeks of this drama..the 4 character love story with underlying birth issues gives me a sense of deja vu as we just got done with previous novel dear love.I think Samsaeng and Jisung will end up together..k dramas always have this thing to end up with unlikely couple..now jisung and gumeok like each other but they wont end up together..lets just hope this one doesnt give us a heartbreak with the ending as in love my love...oh and as far as ajhumma is concerned i think she likes doctor but maybe Sa kijin also likes her since she has brought up gumeok..we might have a sub plot here..overall i found this tv novel light hearted whereas the previous one was bit more intense, isn't it?

Ep 33

They were about to leave to head home but were met with some hooligans. They got into a fight and landed in the police station. They were bailed by In Soo, Kyung Ja and Ki Jin.

Ki Jin wanted a private word with Geum Ok. Ki Jin asked Geum Ok what's her problem, why did she say she wanted to study abroad, why does she wants to leave this family. Geum told Ki Jin that it's because of him. If Ki Jin doesn't leave this family, she has to leave. Ki Jin was in tears after she went in.

Geum Ok apologized to Moo Ryong. He asked the reason why Geum Ok do such a thing. Did he taught her to be so and asked if she thinks that he will raised a white flag. Moo Ryong told her that she can do whatever she wants as he doesn't need a daughter like her. Geum Ok went into her room in tears. [The actress needs to work on her crying].

Ji Sung came back home with bruised on his face and went straight into his room. Ji Sung is happy about Geum Ok kissing him. Sam Saeng on the other hand is sad over Ji Sung's confession but she channeled her focus on her study.

Sam Saeng met with a patient that she can't seems to treat and so she went to see Moo Ryong for advice. Moo Ryong told Sam Saeng and showed her that she has to use acupuncture to treat the patient. He also gave her a medical book that was passed down by his ancestor to read. He told her that he has a few books and if she needs it she can borrow them to read. Moo Ryong is glad that there's someone to read it.

As Sam Saeng was about to leave, she met Ki Jin. He asked why she came here. Sam Saeng told him that she has something to ask Moo Ryong. He saw Sam Saeng holding the medical book and asked how did she get it. Sam Saeng told Ki Jin that Moo Ryong lent it to her and she left. Moo Ryong came out. Ki Jin asked if he lent her the medical book that was handed down by his ancestor. Moo Ryong said yes. Ki Jin asked if Moo Ryong planned to groom Sam Saeng as his heir.  Moo Ryong told him yes and he is determined as Sam Saeng has a talent since she was young and is totally different from Geum Ok.

Ji Sung came to see Sam Saeng at the pharmacy and he saw the medical book. Sam Saeng told him that Moo Ryong lent it to her. Ji Sung came to gave her some books he bought as he thinks she will need it. Sam Saeng told him not to buy her any book anymore or be concern about her affairs.  Ji Sung asked if he has done anything wrong. Sam Saeng told him it's not that. She will not accept Ji Sung's help from now on whether it's books. She told him not to be bother about her. She told him to leave as she needs to get on with her study.

Ji Sung came out of the pharmacy and he met with Dong Woo. Dong Woo told Ji Sung that he's waiting for him to come out before he goes in. Ji Sung asked Dong Woo about Geum Ok, whether she is well. Dong Woo asked Ji Sung if he likes Geum Ok. Dong Woo told Ji Sung that he knew that they like each other since they were young. He told Ji Sung to mind Geum Ok while he looks after Sam Saeng.

Dong Woo went into the pharmacy to see Sam Saeng. Sam Saeng expressed her worries about her study. Dong Woo told her not to be so as she's gifted. He knows it since she was young when she memorized the song about the medicinal properties in a few days. He told her to be confident in her learning and he guaranteed that there's not many that can chase up to her. He gave her some sweets to eat while studying. Dong Woo left.

Ki Jin is bothered by Geum Ok's remark that it's a fortunate that the hospital didn't have to close forever because of her  and that Sam Saeng inheriting the family business is a good thing. Also, Geum Ok's remark if Ki Jin doesn't leave the family, she will. Ki Jin decided to talk to Geum Ok.

Geum Ok made a dress for Sam Saeng and she brought it to the pharmacy to give it to her. Sam Saeng asked why she gave that to her. Geum Ok told her that her dream is to make clothes. Sam Saeng then realized why Geum Ok wants to go abroad. Geum Ok told Sam Saeng that she should be honored that the first clothes she made was for her. Sam Saeng asked why she gave it to her. Geum Ok said that she feels like it because she owes her something [the curry incident]. Without words, Geum Ok apologized for the incident. Sam Saeng told her that it's okay as she has never blamed her. Geum Ok thanked her.

Ki Jin came home and find Geum Ok not in her room and asked where she is. The Joo Daek told him that Geum Ok went to see Sam Saeng to give her the clothes she made.

Geum Ok met Ki Jin on the way home. Ki Jin told her to follow him as he has something to say to her. Geum Ok didn't want to but was made by Ki Jin to do so. Ki Jin told Geum Ok to go to Medical University and not to pursue other useless things. Ki Jin told her that from no onwards, he will not hear concerning her ambition. She just have do according to what he said. Geum Ok told Ki Jin that he must have mistaken something. She is not Ki Jin's daughter. Ki Jin told her that he will leave since she said it was because of him that she is leaving for Paris. He told her that he will leave and asked her to stay by her father's side. If she goes, her position will disappeared and Sam Saeng will take her place. Geum Ok said that she is fine with Sam Saeng becoming his father's heir. She said that it's a problem between her father and herself. She asked why Ki Jin has to be involved. Ki Jin said Sam Saeng cannot be the heir. He doesn't care if any other people becomes Moo Ryong's but Sam Saeng cannot be the one. Geum Ok asked why and is he going to bring up the matter of avoiding disaster. She asked if he's going to use Sam Saeng as an excuse to use her and if she's his puppet. Geum Ok told Ji Kin that she will not believe his words anymore. She was scared of Ki Jin when she was 12 years old and that's why she tolerated and now it's not so. She told Ki Jin that he has no idea how tired she was because of the curry incident. He has turned her into a liar at such a young age, framed Sam Saeng and drove her out of the house. Ki Jin is such an insidious and scary person. She asked why she has maintained her silence after knowing the truth. It is because she knows Ji Kin is ruthless and she is scared of him. She doesn't know why her grandmother would entrust such a cruel thing to Ki Jin (prevent Sam Saeng from entering their home) but she is not going to sit and do nothing now. She is going to tell her father the truth of what happened then and will make her father separate from Ki Jin. Ki Jin sadly told Geum Ok that he is that kind of person. He said that he is even worst than what she thinks of him. He has personally exchanged her daughter with another person's child and he should be punished by God for what he did. Geum Ok is shocked to hear this.

Preview for Ep 34

1. Sam Saeng told Ji Sung not to do useless things for her.

2. Geum Ok finding out if it's true that she's Ki Jin's daughter.

3. Pil Soon found out that Ki Jin had a daughter.

4. Geum Ok told Dong Woo and Sam Saeng that they cannot change (I guess she's referring to the position - she is Moo Ryong's daughter).

Guest ayselbora

I like this novel and hope  we won't get disappointed like on precious one. The songs , the LP's are very sentimental and meaningful.

Archived