[Drama 2013] TV Novel Samsaengi TV소설 삼생이

creidesca

I'm such a sucker for long lost father-daughter scenes. Especially in Fashion 70's (show quite similar to this one) where Lee Yo Won and her father reunited. I know it'll probably be near the end for Sam Saeng and Moo Ryong to reunite, but gosh, just thinking about it will bring tears to my eyes.
Moo Ryong will feel so bad for Sam Saeng and all she has gone through. Sigh...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tamz1430292084

I feel the same puredorange......realization of their relationship to each other, MY & SS. Gene71632 mentioned in episode 41, MY arranged for Philsun to lease rooms to SS's family - subconsciously MY is repaying the family for "bringing" up his daughter and this will also explain why they share a special bonding.
Gosh the following episodes will be so interesting....wonder how JS & DW will compete for SS's feelings!

Just my views, the pairing of the couples is still up in the air for me.  If I go by previous TV Novels, the lead heroine seldom ends up with the guy she loves..... so going by that SS just might end up with DW.  I have yet to feel anything special about Jisang, maybe that will change once he is out of the army and shows are more endearing qualities.  I have had enough of his moody and sullen facade so far.

Guest shantanushitut

Well it will be interesting to see how the story charts out after the time jump.As far as the pairing goes i dont have any favourites in this drama as i had in last tv novel- love my love( although i would prefer SS to end up with DW because it seems logical).All the 4 leads in this drama are quite balanced as far as their compatibility is concerned.Whereas in love my love the 2 lead characters were too good for each other and it was realy dissappointing..so i am excited to see how this one pans out...ohh and what about KJ? Where is he?? Wonder what he is upto??

Ep 41

Mak Rye, Bong Chool and Chang Hee came back to Seoul. Mak Rye were complaining about their life in the countryside (without any utilities, like an unmanned refugee center). Chang Hee is just glad that she's back at Seoul. Mak Rye asked why they haven't seen Chang Shik helping them moved. Mak Rye is complaining both Chang Shik and Bong Chool is not of any use (with his bad back). Chang Hee wondered how their new home will be. Mak Rye said it is better than their house in the past.

Pil Soon is overjoyed to become the owner of her own house. Kyung Ja came. She asked if Pil Soon is that happy. Pil Soon said how can she not be happy when has finally own her own home after living in someone's house for 20 years. Kyung Ja asked Pil Soon who she has to thank for that. Pil Soon said she knows. She listened to Kyung Ja's advice and bought the land to become the owner. Kyung Ja told Pil Soon that she just have to listen to her in the future. Pil Soon understood. Pil Soon is telling Kyung Ja that she is intending to rent out her rooms and the people renting them has been set. These people were introduced by In Soo. Kyung Ja is surprised by In Soo's active in Pil Soon's matter. Kyung Ja what type of people are they renting her place. Pil Soon said that she doesn't know as In Soo didn't tell her any details. Pil Soon asked why Kyung Ja came over all of a sudden. Kyung Ja happily told Pil Soon that Ji Sung is coming out of the army and she wants Pil Soon and Yoon Hee to come over for dinner.

The two employees in hospital were talking. The man was telling Ms Jo that they should bring their relationship to the next level. Ms Jo said that they are only colleagues and she had never thought other than that relationship. The man said he understood and left. Ms Jo doesn't seem to be too happy.

In Soo came to see Moo Ryong in the hospital with along with some traditional medicine ingredient which Moo Ryong has asked for. Moo Ryong asked if In Soo's export business is going smoothly. In Soo told Moo Ryong that there doesn't seems to be much problem. As Moo Ryong would know, the China produced medicinal material is being exported at a low price to the world and it is affecting the export of Korea produce medicinal material. In Soo also mentioned the cost of labor rising and causing the price of producing medicinal material to rise too. Moo Ryong said that the whole country is having a competition at export and it won't be long for the government to introduce some policies and he told In Soo to wait. Moo Ryong asked if there's news from Sam Saeng. In Soo told Moo Ryong that Sam Saeng will be back soon. Moo Ryong is surprised and happy with the news that Sam Saeng is finally coming back. In Soo thanked Moo Ryong for preparing somewhere for Sam Saeng to live. Moo Ryong told In Soo that his concern for Sam Saeng is only in words in the past and is sad that he hasn't done anything about it. Now he feels much better. In Soo asked how did Moo Ryong thought of such a thing like these as it didn't pass his mind. Flashback by Moo Ryong about Sam Saeng's family's living condition in the squatter at Seoul. Moo Ryong commented that he just wanted to do that.

Pil Soon and Yoon Hee were eating and Pil Soon was informing Yoon Hee about Kyung Ja's visit telling her that Ji Sung is coming out of the army. She told Yoon Hee to go over In Soo's house later. Yoon Hee hesitated. Pil Soon asked if Yoon Hee has a date. Yoon Hee said yes. Pil Soon said that Yoon Hee has agreed to bring him over one day. Pil Soon asked Yoon Hee when she is going to do so.  Yoon Hee told her to wait a bit longer. Pil Soon said that Yoon Hee didn't do so in the past was because they were living under In Soo's roof. Now they have their own house, she asked Yoon Hee why she can't bring him over. Yoon Hee said that his family is especially rich and a house like this is nothing to them. Pil Soon angrily asked if Yoon Hee wanted her to build a two-storey apartment in order for her to bring him over. Yoon Hee changed the topic. She asked isn't it a bit too empty in the house now they are living by themselves. Pil Soon said that she finds it well. Yoon Hee said that it's a bit deserted and quiet in such a big house. Pil Soon said that it is why she leased the rooms out and wondered what kind of people rented the rooms. She hoped that the people who rented the rooms are good people.

Mak Rye, Bong Chool and Chang Hee came. Mak Rye is happy that finally the place they are going to live in are fit for human beings. Chang Hee likes their new home too. Mak Rye can't see their landlord and started calling out. Pil Soon heard and came out. Pil Soon then realized that Sam Saeng's family is renting her room. Pil Soon doesn't look happy.

Kyung Ja is preparing dinner for Ji Sung's return.  In Soo asked if Kyung Ja is that happy that Ji Sung is coming back. Kyung Ja said that she has been looking forward to this day for 3 years. In Soo said that now Pil Soon is independent, they are finally living according to Kyung Ja's wishes. Kyung Ja sighed. In Soo asked why Kyung Ja had such an expression. Kyung Ja said that they are only living this way when they are old. It would be nice to be doing so when they were younger. In Soo told Kyung Ja that he is still young. He asked if they should spice up their lives. Pil Soon suddenly stormed in and gave them a fright. In Soo asked Pil Soon what's the matter. Pil Soon asked if In Soo really don't know. Kyung Ja also asked her what's the matter. Pil Soon asked if Kyung Ja is deliberately not telling her about it after knowing too. Pil Soon said it is regarding the people who rented her room. Kyung Ja told Pil Soon that she don't know anything about it and asked who they are. Pil Soon told her that Sam Saeng's headache family is the renter.

While having their cups of tea, In Soo told Pil Soon that he was afraid that she might not be happy if he mentioned it earlier. Pil Soon told him that he should have consulted with her instead of In Soo according to his wishes as the owner of the house is herself. In Soo said that Moo Ryong has continually requested him to do so after hearing that Pil Soon bought her house. Moo Ryong asked him if he can arranged for a place for Sam Saeng's family to live in. Kyung Ja is surprised that Moo Ryong had requested such a thing. In Soo told Kyung Ja that Moo Ryong had even prepared the rent money. Kyung Ja had wondered which renter is blind to be paying such a high rent to move in. Pil Soon asked why Moo Ryong is so good towards Sam Saeng. In Soo said that Moo Ryong has been very fond of Sam Saeng since she was very young. Kyung Ja said that when Sam Saeng came to worked as a lived-in nanny here and they listened to Ki Jin, wanting to kick her out, it was due to Moo Ryong's request that they took her in. Pil Soon then realized that the reason at that time was because of Moo Ryong. Pil Soon asked why they only told her such things now. In Soo told Pil Soon that Moo Ryong wanted him to keep it a secret even to Ki Jin which is why he didn't tell her. Pil Soon said that both In Soo and Kyung Ja are insidious with lots of secrets. Kyung Ja told Pil Soon not be like this as these are things of the past. Kyung Ja said that Ji Sung is coming back today and told Pil Soon not to be angry.

Ji Sung is reminiscing the stores along the streets as he walked home.

Geum Ok is trying on a new dress at the tailorshop. The owner said that she felt accomplished as a designer whenever Geum Ok tries on the clothes she made. The owner asked why she stopped Geum Ok from wanting to learn fashion design at that time. She said that Geum Ok will do well if she had learned fashion design. Geum Ok told the owner that she's going to wear that dress out. The owner said that Geum Ok had never come to make her clothes and asked her what's the occasion. She asked if Geum Ok has a lover. Geum Ok said no.

Geum Ok is waiting for Ji Sung outside the front gate of his house. Ji Sung came. Geum Ok is happy to see him. Geum Ok asked if Ji Sung had received her letters. Ji Sung said yes. Geum Ok asked why Ji Sung did not reply to any of her letters. Ji Sung apologized. Geum Ok said that she knows he is angry with her. Geum Ok explained that she had no choice at that time. Ji Sung interrupted. He told her that he will not think about her anymore and he asked her not to think about him too. Geum Ok asked why is it so. Ji Sung said that it is hard on him too but he apologized. Ji Sung walked into his house. Geum Ok is shocked and sad.

The family commented that Ji Sung has become more handsome since he came out of the army. Kyung Ja asked about Ji Sung's health, if he's well and expressed her joy that he has come back safely. Ji Sung went into his room to change.

Ji Sung looking at his room and thinking of what Geum Ok said to him (how can he be like this).

Sam Saeng's family were having their meal. Chang Hee commented that the landlord doesn't seems to like them. Mak Rye said so what and asked Chang Hee not to be afraid. Chang Hee happily said that she liked the district and their new home. She told Mak Rye that even the landlord bullies them and give them the looks, she said that she is fine with it. Mak Rye said of course. They are not going to move from here. She commented that the toilet is clean and water is flowing freely and they don't have to worry about electricity. It's paradise here. Bong Chool begged Mak Rye not to cause trouble here as the place belongs to her boss' sister and also to take consideration for Moo Ryong who found a house for Sam Saeng and them. Chang Hee agreed with Bong Chool over Mak Rye and told her not to get into a fight here with people. Mak Rye got angry at their comment about her and said that she knows. Chang Hee then commented that Chang Shik didn't come to take a look since they moved.

Yoon Hee with Chang Shik in the car. Yoon Hee asked Chang Shik when he is going to bring her to see his family as her family can't wait any longer. Chang Shik lied that they are building a new apartment somewhere. Even though he wants to bring her there but he can't. He will do so when he is finished. Yoon Hee told Chang Shik that her mother had been harassing her everyday. Chang Shik changed the subject. He said that he heard Yoon Hee had moved. He told her that he will pay a visit to her house. Yoon Hee said no because it's not according to procedure. She should pay a visit to his house first and then he comes to theirs. Chang Shik commented if the chicken comes first or the egg and Yoon Hee what should they do. Yoon Hee asked him to her an answer by within a week or else she will have to reconsider.  Chang Shik said that he understood and asked if she wants to find a place to eat. Yoon Hee asked if they are going to eat noodles again. Chang Shik asked how did she know. He said likes eating noodles because he's been eating oily things at home all the time. Yoon Hee reluctantly agreed.

Geum Ok was walking home when she saw Dong Woo out from the army. Dong Woo asked if Geum Ok is well and commented that she has grown prettier since she had gone to university. Geum Ok smiled. Dong Woo asked if everyone is well. Geum Ok told Dong Woo to ask himself if he is curious and she walked in. Dong Woo smiled and said that Geum Ok hasn't changed a bit.

Dong Woo paid his respect to Moo Ryong and Joo Dae and asked if both have been living well. Moo Ryong commented that Dong Woo is looking well. Joo Dae told Dong Woo that she missed him so much. Dong Woo said she missed Joo Dae too. Moo Ryong commented that the house will become livelier again with Dong Woo back and asked if Dong Woo is going to live here like the past. Dong Woo hesitated. Moo Ryong asked if he has other places to live. Dong Woo said no but he is a bit embarassed to continues to live here. Although his fate with Ki Jin is important, he is also fated with himself and Joo Dae. Dong Woo thanked Moo Ryong for saying that. Joo Dae told Dong Woo that Ki Jin had contacted and instructed them to receive him when he's out of the army. Dong Woo smiled. Moo Ryong told Dong Woo to change and have his meal.

Joo Dae asked if Dong Woo likes the food that she prepared for him. Dong Woo told Joo Dae that it is why he missed her so much. He thought of Joo Dae every time he's eating army food. Joo Dae also told him that she missed him too because he appreciates her cooking. Dong Woo jokingly said that Joo Dae and him must be a loving couple in their previous lives. Joo Dae laughed and told him to eat up. Dong Woo asked Joo Dae if she had news of Sam Saeng.  Joo Dae heard that Sam Saeng's health is a lot better. Dong Woo is glad to hear that.

In the courtyard, Dong Woo, calling Sam Saeng a bad girl, wondered where Sam Saeng is and without any news. Geum Ok came out and asked what Dong Woo is thinking. Dong Woo said that he is just looking at the moon.  Geum Ok asked if Dong Woo is happy coming home. Dong Woo asked home. Dong Woo thanked Geum Ok for calling here his home. Geum Ok told him not to be moved by what she said as there's no other meaning. Dong Woo told Geum Ok that she hasn't change a bit although he was slightly hopeful. Geum Ok said that Dong Woo is the same and asked he hasn't changed the slightest, commenting that he is still old fashioned. Dong Woo said that it is normal since he comes from the village and asked why she is looking for trouble. Geum Ok said that even Gangsan will change after 10 years. He came to Seoul for over 10 years and should have changed. She asked how long Dong Woo is going to be a country bumpkin. Dong Woo asked why does it concern her if he is a country bumpkin. Geum Ok told him to keep living that way and asked why she concerned herself with this matter. Dong Woo asked Geum Ok if she has news of Sam Saeng. He asked if Sam Saeng has written to her or ring her. Geum Ok said no. Geum Ok told him to go and ask Ji Sung if he wants to know. Who knows, she said as Sam Saeng likes Ji Sung and maybe she is in contact with him. Geum Ok said that Ji Sung left the army today too.

Geum Ok into her room feeling sad by what Ji Sung told her not to think about him anymore and started to cry. Dong Woo was in his room recalling the incident on that day where he wanted Sam Saeng to tell him if he meant anything to her and when he tried to force a kiss on her. Dong Woo was sighing constantly.

Ji Sung came into the kitchen for a drink and remembering Sam Saeng sitting in the kitchen, reading the book he has given her. He then went into her room and to take a look and remembering how she studied at her table.

Sam Saeng cooked Do Da his meal. Do Da asked how long Sam Saeng had been here. Sam Saeng replied that she's been there for 3 years. Sam Saeng told him that it's time now for her to go down the mountain. Do Da sternly said that how dare she suggest going down the mountain since he hasn't spoken yet. Sam Saeng apologized but she said that she cannot continue to live her life cooking his meals. Do Da asked if she is saying that she had learned everything he taught her. Sam Saeng replied that Do Da can't say that as she cannot learn enough for the rest of her life. She wouldn't harbor such thoughts. It's just that as he knows the reason for going down the mountain. Do Da started laughing and said he knows. He's only saying it because he felt bored. Sam Saeng told Do Da that she's worried about his meals in the future. She instruct him to have his proper meals. Do Da said that he's been monastically for a few decades and told her not to worry about him. Sam Saeng told him that she's still worried. Do Da told her not to say nonsense and walk her road. Basically he's trying to tell Sam Saeng that people don't stay stationery and stagnant in their lives. He told her not to stay here and make his meals and should walk the road that she should walk, conscientiously moving. Sam Saeng thanked Do Da and told him that she will never forget his kindness.

Sam Saeng leave the mountain. Sam Saeng thinking what she has been through (contracting tuberculosis for helping her friend, missing the examination and people she left behind). Do Da was sad watching her leave. Sam Saeng recalling what she has been taught by Do Da and is leaving confidently.

Yay! Time jump!
Firstly, I love how the writers set it up so Pil Soon has her own house AND she's renting it out to Sam Saeng's family because I know theres going to be soooo much dynamics going on between the two families. Probably mostly fighting and bickering between Sam Saeng's mother and Pil Soon, oh boy. 
I can't wait to see the looks on Yoon Hee and Chang Shik's face after they realize they're living under the same roof AND that Chang Shik has been lying to her all along. They're def. going to get together in the end, but just think about how devastated Pil Soon will be, teheheh.
However, I'm kind of afraid that Ki Jin will try and kick Sam Saeng's family out after he learns that Moo Ryung is paying for their rent there. He does have an advantage over Pil Soon since she ever so 'loves' him. She'll be willing to do anything for him. *scary*
I wonder if they're going to elaborate on the issue about the land Pil Soon and her sister-in-law bought. Because they mentioned that Moo Ryung also had a lot of land over there when they were going to do construction so his net value must've increased A LOT. Will Ki Jin later try to get a hold of these lands? Hmmm...
It seems Geum Ok still stuck with Han Yi Dae, but I wonder how she even stayed in there with her studying skills and no passion for medicine. They probably kept her because of her background, hmph. And while we're at it, her new hairstyle makes her look so old. And it was such a slap in her face to get rejected by Ji Sung, haha. 
I do think Geum Ok might end up with Dong Woo. If they're going to play on the idea of 'fate' and remembering back to the usage of The Byrd's "Turn! Turn! Turn", then it would make sense that the pairing will be Sam Saeng- Ji Sang. If they weren't switched, then naturally Ji Sang and Sam Saeng would be together since they're quite compatible both in background and interests. That's what's keeping the viewers tuned, because the outcome of the relationships could be anything! 
I noticed Sam Saeng only got to change her coat over those past 3 years up on the mountain. And her hair got longer, hehe. Everyone else seems to have gotten a slight wardrobe change. I hope the great teacher from the mountain will make an appearance later on. I like him (and his crazy hair). Although they haven't said much about him other than his superior medical skills, I'm thinking he's someone who's like a 'hidden millionaire' out hiding in the mountains because he couldn't care less about the world. He's def. going to play a role in future plots to help Sam Saeng. Yes!
Gosh, I just love this show so much T_T addicted~

Guest shantanushitut

@purexorange- I can't wait for YH and CS to find out that they live in the same house...hehe..for all the bluffing that CS has done it would be utterly embarassing..lol...hey didnt Seok family have an elder daughter?? Where did she go?? There seems to be no mention about her...

Guest shantanushitut

Thanks @gene71632 for recap!!

@purexorange- I can't wait for YH and CS to find out that they live in the same house...hehe..for all the bluffing that CS has done it would be utterly embarassing..lol...hey didnt Seok family have an elder daughter?? Where did she go?? There seems to be no mention about her...

Finish watching ep41 (raw) on youTube. I was squeeling at ep42 preview when JiSung met SamSaeng. He had a tiny smile on his face when he saw her. eiiiii... hahahah.

Thanks @gene71632 for the recaps. Now I can re-watch ep41 with some understanding :D

Ep 42

In Soo said to Sam Saeng who would have thought that she will met Huang Do Da there and cured her sickness. Sam Saeng replied that she also got a fright. In Soo asked how she get along with Do Da. Sam Saeng finds Do Da a very good person even though he is eccentric as In Soo had once told her. Do Da cured her sickness and taught her medical skills. In Soo is surprised that Do Da taught her medical skills as he is not a person to do so. Sam Saeng asked why but In Soo didn't elaborate. In Soo asked if Sam Saeng is going to come back and worked in his pharmacy. Sam Saeng told In Soo that she going to study in Han Yi Dae. In Soo is so happy for Sam Saeng and asked if that is why so took so long to come back. He thought that Sam Saeng is going come back as a female taoist priest. Sam Saeng told him that she didn't just learnt medical skills, she also practice monasticism. In Soo asked if she knows that her family has moved. Sam Saeng said yes. He asked if she missed her family and decided to bring her over to Pil Soon's house.

Pil Soon told Mak Rye had been washing clothes since morning and said that she has lots of things to wash too Mak Rye told Pil Soon to be a bit more understanding as their dirty clothes have been piled up for a while. Pil Soon told Mak Rye to use discretion when she uses water as she is going to split the water bill. Mak Rye asked if Pil Soon means that their family is going to pay more. Pil Soon said of course. As they know, there's only two in her family but Mak Rye has five in her family. Their water bill will of course be doubled. Mak Rye understood but she said that her family is very thrifty and they will not waste water or electricity. Pil Soon said that they will know later. Pil Soon also told Mak Rye that she hates untidiness and dirt. So she told Mak Rye to use the courtyard, kitchen and also the toilet cleanly. Mak Rye agreed as their family likes cleanliness. Pil Soon said that they will know later. Pil Soon urged Mak Rye to finished her washing quickly as she is also busy.

In Soo brought Sam Saeng into Pil Soon's house. Pil Soon was glad to see Sam Saeng. Mak Rye was glad to see her too. Sam Saeng asked if they've been well. Pil Soon answered yes and asked if her health is better. Sam Saeng said that she has recovered now. Pil Soon was pleased to hear that. Mak rye asked Sam Saeng if it's been good for her to leave her family and stay alone. In Soo takes his leave as he is busy. Pil Soon asked him to stay for a meal but In Soo said that there is nobody manning his pharmacy and told her next time. Mak Rye told Sam Saeng to go in and greet her father. Sam Saeng asked where their room is and Pil Soon told her. Sam Saeng went in to see her father. Mak Rye told Pil Soon that she will go in for a while too and come out later.

Sam Saeng asked her parents if they've been living well all these time. Mak Rye asked if she thought so. Sam Saeng asked about Bong Chool's back. Bong Chool said he is fine. Mak Rye told Sam Saeng that Bong Chool is an invalid with a bad back. He can't move in the house. Bong Chool asked how Mak Rye can say such a thing to the child who has just come back after 3 years. Mak Rye said what's good about Sam Saeng who left to survive on her own without caring how the family lived. Does she have to extend her arms to welcome her back. Bong Chool smilingly told Sam Saeng not to mind Mak Rye's words. Goes in one ear and comes out another. Sam Saeng told Bong Chool not to worry about his back. She has met an excellent Taoist Priest and has learned special acupuncture from him. It should be effective on Bong Chool's back. Bong Chool is very happy to hear that. Sam Saeng told Bong Chool that she will heal his back no matter what. Bong Chool said that he had never once worried. Mak Rye asked if Bong Chool is that happy that Sam Saeng is back. Mak Rye told Sam Saeng that Bong Chool had not laughed like for a long time. Bong Chool commented that Sam Saeng is formidable to be able to learn and even gained entrance to Han Yi Dae in the mountain. Sam Saeng asked if Bong Chool is happy. Bong Chool said of course. The thing that Bong Chool is most happy about is that Sam Saeng is able to go to university. Mak Rye told Sam Saeng  to go to see Moo Ryong and get what he promised her, her university fees problem. Sam Saeng said that she will act as she sees fit. Bong Chool told Sam Saeng to see Moo Ryong immediately and give him a properly greeting. Even if it's not regarding school fees, Moo Ryong as found them such a nice house.

Dong Woo came to visit In Soo in his pharmacy. In Soo is glad that Dong Woo is out of the army too. In Soo commented that everyone has come back. Ji Sung, Dong Woo and also Sam Saeng. Dong Woo is surprised that Sam Saeng is back. In Soo told Dong Woo that he had just returned from sending Sam Saeng to her home. Dong Woo is eager to know where Sam Saeng lived.

Kyung Ja was on the phone with In Soo and asked where he's been leaving the pharmacy unattended. She called him a few times just now. Kyung Ja is surprised and glad to hear that Sam Saeng is finally back. Kyung Ja asked about Sam Saeng's health. Kyung Ja told In Soo that they will talk about the details when he comes home. Ji Sung came out of his room and overheard Kyung Ja's conversation with In Soo. Ji Sung asked Kyung Ja who is back. Kyung Ja told Ji Sung that it's Sam Saeng. Ji Sung is surprised. Ji Sung asked if Sam Saeng will come back to their home immediately. Kyung Ja told him that she will be going to Pil Soon's home. Ji Sung asked what she means by that. Kyung Ja explained to Ji Sung that Sam Saeng's family has moved to Pil Soon's place.

Sam Saeng went to pay Moo Ryong a visit and was lectured by him for leaving without a word. He said that Sam Saeng has do have a insensible side to her. Sam Saeng apologized. Moo Ryong told her that she should have looked for him first if she's ill and should not have disappeared. She has made him feel sad in numerous ways and he told her if she dares to try that again in the future.  Sam Saeng said that she don't know what to say except to apologized. She also thanked Moo Ryong for finding her self and her family a place to stay. Moo Ryong said that Sam Saeng owed him a debt and she cannot ran away without his permission in the future. Moo Ryong started laughing. Moo Ryong said that since she has gained entrance into Han Yi Dae, he decides to forgive her. Sam Saeng was relieved. Moo Ryong praised Sam Saeng for doing well. Sam Saeng asked if Moo Ryong is happy. Moo Ryong said of course, he is really happy. Moo Ryong asked Sam Saeng remembered the promise she made with him that she's going to work in his hospital when she got into Han Yi Dae. He said that he is old and is unable to wait until she graduates from Han Yi Dae. He told her to come straight to his hospital when she hasn't got any classes. He has a lot of things he wants to teach her. Moo Ryong asked why Sam Saeng is not answering him. Sam Saeng told Moo Ryong hesitantly that she needs to consider.

Sam Saeng visited Joo Dae. Joo Dae asked if Sam Saeng had been living well. Sam Saeng said that Joo Dae is as beautiful as before. Joo Dae said that she has aged. Sam Saeng said that Joo Dae still looked the same, warm and kind. Joo Dae told Sam Saeng that Dong Woo is back from the army. Sam Saeng is glad to hear that. Joo Dae told Sam Saeng that she is the first person that Dong Woo asked about since he came back. Sam Saeng asked if Dong Woo is the same as before. Joo Dae said that Dong Woo has become more handsome since he came out of the army. Joo Dae told Same Saeng to leave her contact details before he goes so that she can let Dong Woo know. Sam Saeng told her that it's her first day back and she is not sure. Joo Dae told Sam Saeng to call tonight and not to torture Dong Woo. Sam Saeng asked about Geum Ok. Joo Dae said that Geum Ok hasn't really settled into University. It pains Joo Dae to see her that way. Joo Dae said that Moo Ryong's worried a lot about Geum Ok.  Joo Dae tried to make Sam Saeng stayed back for dinner but she declined and took her leave. She told Joo Dae to find time and meet her outside. She will buy Joo Dae something nice to eat. Joo Dae said that Sam Saeng don't have the money. Sam Saeng told her that she just have to start making some from now on. Geum Ok came back and met Sam Saeng who is on the way out.  Sam Saeng asked if Geum Ok has been well.

Geum Ok talked to Sam Saeng outside. Geum Ok asked if Sam Saeng had forgotten what she said to her about not meeting again. Sam Saeng apologized and told Geum Ok that she has no choice today. She has something to said to Moo Ryong and also me to pay her respect. Geum Ok asked what Sam Saeng has to say to Moo Ryong. Sam Saeng told Geum Ok that Moo Ryong has arranged accommodation for her and so she came to express her gratitude. Sam Saeng apologized for the bother she gave and she will be more careful in the future. Sam Saeng left.

Dong Woo came to Pil Soon's house to visit Sam Saeng. Mak Rye asked who is it. Dong woo asked if Mak Rye recognized him. Mak Rye as the fellow that worked in the pharmaceutical company. Dong Woo said that he's heard that they moved and come to pay his respect. Bong Chool ducked his head out and asked who he is. Dong Woo told both Bong Chool and Mak Rye that it's his first time paying them a visit formally. He introduced himself as someone who is like a sibling to Sam Saeng since they were young. Mak Rye asked why Dong Woo is here. Dong Woo said that he is here because he heard that Sam Saeng is back. Bong Chool asked why Dong Woo is here to see Sam Saeng. Dong Woo said that Sam Saeng is like a real sibling to him for a long time. It's just that kind of relationship. Mak Rye said that there's no such a thing as a sibling relationship between a man and a woman. Mak Rye asked if Dong Woo is planning to wreck the marriage of other people's daughter. Dong Woo said he isn't and hoped that they don't misunderstand him. Dong Woo told them that he is happy to meet Sam Saeng's parents. He likened the feeling to seeing his real parents. Both Bong Chool and Mak Rye finds Dong Woo weird.

Ji Sung came to Pil Soon's house. Pil Soon is so happy to see him. Ji Sung said that he's heard that Pil Soon has moved here and so he came to have a look. Pil Soon is happy that he thought of her. Ji Sung commented that her house looks good. Pil Soon said that even though it's nothing compared to his house, but she felt good to have her own home. Ji Sung congratulated Pil Soon for her dream came true. Pil Soon praised Ji Sung for being thoughtful towards her and came to visit her all by himself. Pil Soon told him to go inside while she prepared some food for him.

Pil Soon was giving some dessert to Ji Sung and she told Ji Sung about missing him even though her moved was the right thing to do. Pil Soon asked if Ji Sung missed her. Ji Sung nearly choked. Pil Soon told Ji Sung to be careful as he knows that quite a few relations died through choking of food. Pil Soon asked again if Ji Sung missed Pil Soon. Ji Sung said that he does missed her. Pil Soon was happy to hear that. Ji Sung was looking around for Sam Saeng.

Back to Dong Woo with Sam Saeng's parents. Bong Chool and Mak Rye asked how long Dong Woo is going to stay here. Dong Woo told them that after paying his respect to them, he will wait outside. Bong Chool asked if Dong Woo is going to wait. Dong Woo replied yes and he went out. Mak Rye commented that Dong Woo is still as thick-skinned as before. Bong Chool remembered Dong Woo as the young boy who helped to look for Sam Saeng when she went missing.

Dong Woo saw Ji Sung sitting at the courtyard. He asked Ji Sung why he is here and if he came to see Sam Saeng. Ji Sung asked why Dong Woo is here too. Dong Woo replied that he is here to see Sam Saeng of course. Ji Sung said that this is his aunt's house. What's wrong with visiting his aunt's house. Dong Woo told him to move aside so that he can sit. Dong Woo commented that they must be enemies in their past lives or else he won't run in with him all the time. Dong Woo asked why Ji Sung is hanging around his aunt's house and not leaving. Ji Sung told him that his aunt has asked him to stay for dinner before leaving. Ji Sung asked why he's still staying here and not leaving. Dong Woo said he is waiting for Sam Saeng to come back before he leaves. Dong Woo told him to go into the house as he is a bit awkward sitting together with him. Ji Sung told Dong Woo not to be rude in other people's house. He should go back after waiting for a while. Dong Woo commented that he's such a jinx.

Ji Sung went into Yoon Hee's room to have a look and waited for Sam Saeng there.

Mak Rye came out and found Dong Woo still waiting for Sam Saeng. Mak Rye told Dong Woo to leave as it's not good for Sam Saeng's reputation. Rather, Dong Woo felt that it would be good if rumor spread. Mak Rye asked what Dong Woo just said. Dong Woo said it was nothing and said he will come again the next time. Mak Rye can't believe how thick skinned Dong Woo is.

Mak Rye went into the kitchen and saw Pil Soon preparing dinner. She asked Pil Soon if she has a guest in the house. Pil Soon replied that her only and great nephew who is studying law in Seoul University has come to visit. Mak Rye suddenly realized it was In Soo's son. Mak Rye said that she heard a lot about him from Sam Saeng. Sam Saeng told her that he had treated especially well and asked if he is here. Pil Soon said that her nephew missed her and has come to visit her once he was out from the army. Mak Rye commented that her nephew must have liked her very much. Pil Soon said that she has raised him since he was 3 years old and so it's not an ordinary attachment. Pil Soon asked Mak Rye if she is not preparing dinner. Mak Rye said she will and commented how sumptuous her dinner looks. Pil Soon told Mak Rye to start her dinner preparation and Mak Rye wondered after Pil Soon left the kitchen what she is going to use to make dinner as there is nothing she can use.

Sam Saeng met Dong Woo on the way home. Dong Woo asked if Sam Saeng went to serve in the army as he does. Sam Saeng asked if Dong Woo is well. Dong Woo said that he doesn't know that Sam Saeng left and blamed her for a long time. Sam Saeng apologized for the way they part the other time. She asked why Dong Woo didn't tell her that he was going into the army and he left without a word. Dong Woo said that every man goes into the army and there's no need to say it. Dong Woo told Sam Saeng to fulfill her promise to watch a movie with him now since they finally united. Sam Saeng was a bit reluctant and Dong Woo got a bit upset. Sam Saeng finally agreed and so they went to the movie.

Ji Sung is still waiting for Sam Saeng after dinner at Pil Soon's place. Yoon Hee asked why Ji Sung hasn't left. Pil Soon told Yoon Hee to leave him alone. She said that he is happy to be at her house after so long. Yoon Hee said that Ji Sung is not that type of person. Pil Soon said that Ji Sung has changed so much since he came out of the army. For such a picky person, he even ate dinner at her place. She thought that he will leave straight away after dinner but he stayed. Pil Soon said that she loved Ji Sung to death and wondered if Ji Sung will stay the night here.

After the movie, Sam Saeng told Dong Woo that she has fulfilled her promise. Dong Woo told her that she has to watch movies with him more often in the future. Sam Saeng agreed. Dong Woo said that he is happy for her that she finally got into Han Yi Dae. Sam Saeng thanked Dong Woo. Dong Woo said there is no need for that and told her that she will be lucky from now on. Sam Saeng told Dong Woo that they will finish for the day as it's her first day back home and she has to return. Dong Woo told her to wait a while longer as they have not seen each other for three years. Sam Saeng said that there's still time in the future and it is enough for today. Dong Woo was looking at his clock and said that it's not time yet. Dong Woo is trying to make sure Sam Saeng missed Ji Sung who is waiting for her at home. Dong Woo asked Sam Saeng to have dinner with him before going home as he is hungry. Sam Saeng consented.

Kyung Ja wondered why Ji Sung is not back yet from visiting Pil Soon. In Soo told Kyung Ja maybe Ji Sung likes Pil Soon's house. Kyung Ja asked about Sam Saeng getting into Han Yi Dae. In Soo said isn't Sam Saeng great. Kyung Ja said that Sam Saeng had gone for 3 years without any news preparing this. In Soo said it's not only that. Sam Saeng had learned medical skills from Huang Do Da. Kyung Ja wondered how can a eccentric man like him would teach Sam Saeng medical skills. In Soo said that he is not sure but he wants to invite him back since he knows now where he is living. In Soo said that Kyung Ja doesn't know how extraordinary Do Da is. In Soo said that Do Da was a famous physician in the past. In Soo said that Moo Ryong maybe an expert in Yang, Do Da is the expert in Yin. Kyung Ja asked what In Soo means. In Soo said that Do Da has a painful memory. Kyung Ja asked why Do Da is living in seclusion in the mountain if he is so famous. In Soo said that he will only tell Kyung Ja so much today and he will tell her in details later. Kyung Ja asked if In Soo is shooting a drama. In Soo told Kyung Ja that they have to get him to come back quickly before he escapes elsewhere. Kyung Ja asked why. In Soo told Kyung Ja that he will tell her the next time.

Chang Hee keeps peaking at Ji Sung who is standing at the courtyeard. She thinks that Ji Sung is handsome. Chang Hee said she understands why Sam Saeng stayed at his house for so long. Bong Chool told Chang Hee to close her mouth as she is drooling. Chang Hee told Bong Chool to take a look for himself. Bong Chool said to forget it. Mak Rye took a peep at him. Mak rye agreed with Chang Hee and said that Ji Sung looked handsome and has a rich air about him. Chang Hee said how good it is if Ji Sung comes here everyday. Mak Rye asked what does Chang Hee knows.

Sam Saeng came home and found Ji Sung in the courtyard. Sam Saeng is surprised to see him. Ji Sung told Sam Saeng that it's been a long time since they see each other. Sam Saeng said that he's changed a bit and wondered if it's because he just came out of the army. Ji Sung also commented that Sam Saeng has changed and if it's because she returned from the mountain. Ji Sung congratulated Sam Saeng for getting into Han Yi Dae. Sam Saeng thanked Ji Sung. He is here because he is worried but now he is relieved. Sam Saeng is curious why Ji Sung should be worried. Ji Sung told Sam Saeng that he should be worried because she just left like that. Sam Saeng apologized. Ji Sung said for what. Ji Sung said that he should be sorry for not being there when she was sad. Sam Saeng said that she has affected everyone around her and she said she won't do it again the next time. Ji Sung said that he is very happy to have reunited with her. Sam Saeng told him the same thing. Yoon Hee came out and asked if Ji Sung is not going home and she saw Sam Saeng. Yoon Hee lectured Sam Saeng for not keeping in contact. She originally doesn't want to let her off. Sam Saeng apologized. Yoon Hee said that she happy to be able reunite with Sam Samsaeng again. Yoon Hee turned to Ji Sung that Kyung Ja called to ask when he is going home. Ji Sung said that he is going home now and turned to Sam Saeng telling her that he will see her again the next time. Ji Sung wanted to call out to Pil Soon to say goodbye. Yoon Hee informed him that she's already in bed and tell him to look at the hour now. Ji Sung finally left. Yoon Hee commented that Ji Sung is a bit strange since he came back from the army. Sam Saeng asked how strange is Ji Sung. Yoon Hee said he seems a bit blank and wondered if he's been pressured too much.

Chang Hee came out and is happy to see Sam Saeng. Chang Hee told Sam Saeng that she missed her so much. Sam Saeng said the same thing to Chang Hee.

Geum Ok is sitting on the steps. Dong Woo asked what is she doing sitting there. Geum Ok said she is feeling bothered. Dong Woo asked if Geum Ok had a quarrel with Ji Sung. Geum Ok asked what Dong Woo means. Dong Woo said that Geum Ok should be looking for Ji Sung since he has came back from the army instead of pretending. An unhappy Geum Ok said that it's none of his business and she went into her room. Dong Woo wondered if those two had a fight and wondered why Ji Sung is not here but insisted on staying there. He finds it strange.

Geum Ok went into her room and recalled what Ji Sung said to her that he doesn't want to think about her anymore and told her to do the same likewise. Moo Ryong came in and told her to come to his room as he has something to say to her.

Moo Ryong questioned what Geum Ok is going to do pertaining to her studies. He said the the university phoned him. She has been retained for 3 consecutive years and Moo Ryong is asking Geum Ok what she is planning to do. He asked if studying is hard for her or she isn't willing to study. Geum Ok apologized. Moo Ryong asked why she chose to be in Han Yi Dae if she's going to be like this. She might as well go on her chosen path then and they won't be in misery like this. Moo Ryong asked what Geum Ok plans to do, whether she is going to continue or discontinue.

Ki Jin came back to Moo Ryong's place.

Moo Ryong is urging Geum Ok to give him an answer. Geum Ok was about to speak when she heard Ki Jin's voice.

Just finished ep 41, read recaps first so I could understand what they were saying.  Is it just me .... Geumok does not seem to have fared well in the time jump, to me like she looks like a haggard tired Ahjumma in that new hairstyle.  Also the competition seem to be heating up between DO and JS for Samsaeng.  Yes!!!!!!

Guest ayselbora

How lucky we are, we have a soompi-friend translating for us. Thank you so much @gene71632

I like the competion bethween  Do+JS but I wonder if there will be another competion, a passionate and tumultuous one  bethween two women for KiJins love. For now ı like DO better. He's so warm and down to earth. I 'm afraid  the SS destiny seems like Bokhui. Alone with papa and his passion-medizine.

Noooo the snake Ki Jin has come back T_T
It was so funny how Dong Woo was trying to stop Sam Saeng from going back home early so Ji Sung could suffer. Ji Sung has totally fallen for Sam Saeng. Now it's to see who will get her heart. 
It seems like Ji Sung and Dong Woo will be trying to rent that last room at the Aunt's place. But logically it would go to Ji Sung wouldn't it? Maybe they'll BOTH end up living there! Hehe, that would be cool. 

Archived