[Drama 2013] TV Novel Samsaengi TV소설 삼생이

creidesca

I finished Episode 118 and Episode 119 which were shown back to back today on my cable service.  The final episode should be shown on Monday August 19, 2013.  There may be a monkey wrench in the works.  The Program Guide of my cable service now displays the replacement series, Eun Hee, as beginning on that date.  I will have to reprogram my DVR again because I have it set to record by name.  I will have to record by time once I find out the correct time of the broadcast.

They are apparently beginning the first episode of Eun Hee following the final episode of Samsaengi.. After that, they will show two episode of Eun Hee per weekday.  It is unclear whether they will be showing two episodes at a time in South Korea.  That would put too much strain on the actors and actresses to produce two episodes per day.  They have about two months worth of episodes in the can to allow that for the overseas markets.  Samsaengi had about thirty-six minutes of actual show for each episode,  so producing two episode per day would be like the Saturday and Sunday series on weekdays.  In any case, they cannot maintain the two per day schedule indefinitely.  The  world broadcasts will catch up with the original broadcasts in a few months and they would run out of material.  Maybe they will continue until the gap gets down to five weeks as it used to be.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Mak Rye and her daughter, Bong Geum Ok, should not be blaming themselves for what happened to Sa Ki  Jin.  Ki Jin decided to seek out Mak Rye for companionship on their first encounter.  He was irresponsible in having unprotected sex with a stranger.  In those days, the only contraception available for the poor was for men.  Ki Jin decided to use his child as a decoy for money.  The war intervened, so the two children had to remain together for longer than was planned.  Ki Jin decided to switch the children out of a combination of revenge and greed.  Ki Jin decided to get Mak Rye involved again by dropping the doctor's daughter off with her.  This caused Sam Saeng to be mistreated by both Mak Rye and her husband, Sook Bong Chool.  Mak Rye encountered Ki Jin again in Seoul by chance when she moved to Oh Pil Sun's house when she saw him on the street.  Geum Ok was an adult before she found out that she was switched.  Ki Jin confided in Geum Ok so that she would not reveal his secrets to avoid being marked as an accomplice.

Hong Ah Reum, who portrays the adult Sam Saeng in this series, is scheduled to star in an upcoming series on tvN called "Tears of Heaven."  It is scheduled to begin on September 23, 2013 in South Korea.  It concerns a daughter abandoned by her mother.  There was a musical with the same title but this series is apparently unrelated to it.

I found more about Lee Soo Bin who played Chang Hee in this drama.  She played a five year old child in "Stepmother" which appeared on KBS1 in 2001.  By chance, Lee Ah Hyun, who played her mother in "Samsaengi," starred in "Stepmother."   Lee Ah Hyun was the stepdaughter. Lee Hye Sook, who is currently in "I Summon You, Gold," plays the stepmother.  Kim Gab Soo, who often plays ill-fated father figures, plays the father of the character played by Lee Ah Hyun. This was one of the earlier TV Novels and had 233 episodes.  It had more episodes than any other TV Novel.  They ran six days a week back then.  The series ran from November 5, 2001 to August 3, 2002.  If it ran five days a week as they do now, it would have lasted almost eleven months.

• 1 month later...

I cannot figure out why it is taking so long for all the subtitled episodes to appear online.  One site has thirty-nine episodes.  The most I have seen is ninety.  The torrent download site stil does not have the final five episodes.  Subtitles of the replacement series are moving right along.  There was a similar situation with the series that "Samsaengi" replaced.  It took a long time for subtitles of "Love, My Love" to appear.

• 1 month later...

I AM VERY DISAPPOINT WITH THE ENDING, THE WRITER LET MAKRYE AND GEUM OK GOT AWAY WITH EVERYTHING THEY DONE. THIS IS BAD.

MAKRYE WAS THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PERSON IN THIS DRAMA, SHE SHOULD GOT HARSH PUNISHMENT FOR COVERING THE MURDER OF

HER HUSBAND,BUT SHE LIVE HAPPY EVER AFTER. HOW THE HECH.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier in this thread, I was asking about the identity of the actor playing Hwang Do Dal.  I have finally located him.  He is Hwang Bum Sik.

http://asianwiki.com/Hwang_Bum-Sik

He was born in 1946  He has appeared in several historical dramas.  By happenstance, Yoo Tae Woong, who was playing Sa Ki Jin in "Samsaengi" on KBS2 was appearing with Hwang Bum Sik in a drama on MBC, "Gu Am Heo Joon" at the same time as "Samsaengi."  The onset of the second series may have corresponded to the period when Ki Jin moved out of the Bong house and Hwang Do Dal first appeared in "Samsaengi.".

Archived