[Drama 2013] TV Novel Samsaengi TV소설 삼생이

creidesca

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching ep 37 and my heart broke for Samsaeng, she did not make it for the exam, but of all wonders Geumok passed.  I dont understand Korean, but no idea why Samsaeng was coughing up blood.  I also did not understand the preview, after being stood up for a movie date by Samsaeng Dongwu tried to forcibly kiss which was witnessed by Jisang, then Geumok sprang a surprise kiss (I think judging from the angle of her head) on Dongwu , which once again witnessed by an angry Jisang.  I wish I knew was was going on???  Help msomeone???? 

I really like this drama...I hope that SS will end up with DW instead of JS. I hope the writer will not disappoint me like what they did in Love, My Love (SH is NG's step sister!). I really don't like JS from beginning.
yet, it's a very long journey for both SS  to be a doctor and a more conflict will arise as more character start to come out.

thanks Gene for your recaps - very well written, concise and detailed!  Appreciate it!
I just finished watching ep 28 on KBS world today n one interesting tidbit - GM n JS were both in the bookstore n i noticed that GM flipping a fashion mag - cant help but laugh that the magazine was obviously a current fashion mag from 2012 as it looks like a high fashion page.  Don't think the standard those days were this good ...chuckle...

Ep 37

Sam Saeng approached her friend who is coughing blood badly and started performing acupuncture on her. She asked the passerby to help her bring her friend to the hospital as she has to sit for an examination. The passerby refused to help. Sam Saeng is left with no choice but to send her friend personally to the hospital.

Moo Ryong told Geum Ok to relax as she goes in for the examination. Moo Ryong was waiting for Sam Saeng to show up and wonders if she's already inside.

Sam Saeng realized that she's going to be late for the examination once she got out of the hospital. She rushed there but the gate was already locked. She begged the security to let her in but the security refused to do so as he has to follow procedure. Sam Saeng missed her examination and she cried.

Kyung Ja and Pil Soon were wondering how both Geum Ok and Sam Saeng are doing for their examination. They recall a year ago when Ji Sung was taking his examination. Kyung Ja told Pil Soon that they must be getting old worrying about the children. Pil Soon said that if Yoon Hee gets married and have a child, she will be a grandmother. Pil Soon said that it's a scary thought. Kyung Ja told Pil Soon not to let Yoon Hee get married then or make sure she has a baby late. Pil Soon changed the subject and said that she's shock to know that Ki Jin has a daughter. Kyung Ja asked if Pil Soon is disappointed that her first love is flawed. Pil Soon said that she'll be disappointed if such a man don't have a past. She said Ki Jin treat women like stone and she was worried what the problem might be. Kyung Ja asked why Pil Soon is worried about these things. Pil Soon started to get embarrassed and avoided the answer.

Ki Jin is worried about how Geum Ok is doing at her examination.

Mak Rye's neighbour commented how happy Mak Rye is with Sam Saeng sitting for the examination. Mak Rye proudly said that Sam Saeng is trying to get into Han Yi Dae. Mak Rye's neighbor told her that they don't have much fighting days between them as they will be moving out soon.

Mak Rye came into the house and told Bong Chool of the neighbor's moving. Bong Chool commented that the place the neighbor are moving to are undeveloped. Mak Rye said that it will be developed soon. Bong Chool wondered if they should also apply to move there. Mak Rye doesn't want to have anymore dealings with the neighbor. Bong Chool told her that they can't stay in this village for too long as it's going to be demolished.

Geum Ok came happily out of the examination while Sam Saeng is crying alone in the park.

Mak Rye and family is waiting for Sam Saeng to come home for dinner and wondered what could have happened to her since the examination has already finished for quite some time. Mak Rye wondered if Sam Saeng didn't do well for her examination. Mak Rye told Chang Hee to ring In Soo's family and ask if Sam Saeng is there.

Dong Woo was waiting outside Pil Soon's house for Sam Saeng with movie tickets.

Pil Soon told the rest of the family that it was Chang Hee who called asking if Sam Saeng is here. They wondered where Sam Saeng could be and if she did well for her examination. Ji Sung is getting worried.

Chang Hee told the rest of her family that Sam Saeng is not there. Chang Shik said that Sam Saeng may have not done well for her examination which is why she wandering outside and dare not come home. Chang Shik commented how can their family produce a University student. Bong Chool gave him a smack on his head and he went out worrying about Sam Saeng.

Sam Saeng was crying bitterly in the pharmacy. Dong Woo came in and saw it.

In Soo received a call from Dong Woo telling him that Sam Saeng is staying at the pharmacy today and he told them not to wait up for her. He told them that Sam Saeng missed her examination. Ji Sung is upset in his room with the news.

Moo Ryong asked Geum Ok how she's feeling. Moo Ryong told Geum Ok to take a good rest. Ki Jin asked if Geum Ok did well during the examination. Ki Jin apologized for asking. Geum Ok told them that she will take an early night because she's tired. At this moment, an upset Dong Woo came in. Joo Dae commented that Dong Woo went to the movie with Sam Saeng. She asked if they had a quarrel. Dong Woo said that it's not the case. Moo Ryong asked Dong Woo how Sam Saeng fare for her examination. Dong Woo hesitated to answer.

Scene showing Geum Ok in the state of shock in her room.  Bong Chool is waiting out for Sam Saeng to turn up. Moo Ryong is worried about Sam Saeng in his room. Sam Saeng is wailing alone by herself asking what she should do now.

Ki Jin got a call telling them that Geum Ok has passed the examination. The whole family was happy for Geum Ok. They all congratulated Geum Ok and are happy for Moo Ryong.

Moo Ryong went to the hospital. The staff congratulated him for Geum Ok passing the examination. Moo Ryong told them that Joo Dae is organizing a party for them at home and told them to come after work.

Once Moo Ryong went into his room in the hospital, he recalled Dong Woo's words about how Sam Saeng didn't sit for the examination as she met a patient on the way to the examination ground. Dong Woo said that Sam Saeng is foolish.

Ki Jin asked Joo Dae if he can help her with the party preparation. Joo Dae asked if Ki Jin is that happy that Geum Ok passed her examination. Ki Jin said he is very happy for Geum Ok. Joo Dae commented that Ki Jin must loved Geum Ok very much. Ki Jin asked if Joo Dae thinks so. Ki Jin looking at Joo Dae and thought to himself that he's contented and satisfied living together with Joo Dae and Geum Ok.

Ki Jin came to Geum Ok's room. Ki Jin told her that he's glad that Geum Ok listened to him. Ki Jin told Geum about what Moo Ryong once told him. Moo Ryong said that everything in the world turns and it will come back to its original state/position. Ki Jin told her that he's afraid of that statement then but not anymore. Looking at Geum Ok back to her original position and also hearing that Sam Saeng missed her examination, all things have gone back to its original position and his is feeling more relax now. From what he sees, there's no changes to Geum Ok. She's still Moo Ryong's daughter and he's still her uncle. He told her to forget everything he said. As long as she keeps her position and be happy living this way. Geum Ok asked a favor of Ki Jin. She wants him to leave this family. As long as Ki Jin is in this family and she sees his face, she can't be happy. She asked him to let her live with Moo Ryong and asked Ki Jin to leave the family.

Ki Jin went back into his room and sob.

Sam Saeng is still very sad about missing the opportunity to go to Han Yi Dae and disappointing a lot of people. Moo Ryong came in and hand her a handkerchief. Sam Saeng apologized to Moo Ryong. Moo Ryong asked if she had missed the examination because she was helping a patient. Moo Ryong commented that Sam Saeng is going to become a famous doctor. He said that the occupation of a doctor will always meet with such roads whether it's now or in the future waiting for Sam Saeng to make a decision. Moo Ryong told Sam Saeng that it's all right for her to try for the examination the next year. It's not such a big issue. Moo Ryong said that everything has its time. She just have to think that it's not her time. Even if she passed the test this time, it's not a surprised to her and it's not a sadness to her if she failed. He came here to say these to her. He told her to get back on her feet and he will watch her.

Joo Dae asked Moo Ryong why he was home late as she has prepared a party for Geum Ok. She commented that it's a quiet party without Moo Ryong and Ki Jin. Moo Ryong is surprised that Ki Jin was at the party. Joo Dae was wondering too as she said told Moo Ryong that Ki Jin is more happy than anyone with Geum Ok passing the examination but he has disappeared without a word.

Ki Jin is drinking at his office and Dong Woo asked him what's the matter. He told Dong Woo not to ask to much but drink. Dong Woo said that he also doesn't feel like talking. Ki Jin asked what's bothering Dong Woo. Dong Woo said that he's not telling since Ki Jin is not telling too. Ki Jin told Dong Woo that he is entrusting the pharmaceutical company to his care just in case he's not around.  He told Dong Woo that he is leaving the head quarter temporarily and live elsewhere for a while. He told Dong Woo to look after the head quarter in Seoul. Dong Woo asked why Ki Jin has to live elsewhere. Ki Jin said that he has his reasons. He asked if Dong Woo can do so for him.

In Soo told Kyung Ja not to cry as she received notice that Ji Sung is drafted into the army for military training. She is worried about how Ji Sung is going to survive military life since he's so aloft and picky with food.

Pil Soon commented to Yoon Hee that the tough days are coming to Ji Sung. Yoon Hee is quite worried about Ji Sung's temperament when he will be able to cope in the army. Pil Soon is worried too.

Ji Sung is worried about it his room.

Sam Saeng asked her friend why she let her sickness goes unchecked and nearly let herself got into a big problem. Sam Saeng reminded her friend that she has to continue and not stop her medication. Her friend apologized to Sam Saeng for missing her examination because of her. Sam Saeng said that she didn't blame her as she didn't intentionally appear before her or shout to her for help. Sam Saeng told her that it's her choice. As someone has told her, it's just not her time yet. Sam Saeng told her friend if she's apologetic towards her, she should pick herself up and treat her illness. That way, Sam Saeng said that she will feel less regretful. Her friend agreed to take her advice.

Sam Saeng came to see Bong Chool and apologized. She told him not to worry as she will take the examination next year as she's still young. Bong Chool is glad that Sam Saeng is back to her old self. Sam Saeng told Bong Chool that she is fine but she is ashamed to see her family. Bong Chool not to take it to heart about seeing her family. Sam Saeng said that they were having high expectation of her and she's feeling apologetic about this point. Bong Chool said it's fine as long as Sam Saeng is feeling fine.

Sam Saeng was walking back to In Soo's home. Dong Woo was waiting outside for her. He asked where she's been. She said she's gone somewhere and asked why Dong Woo is here. Dong Woo asked why Sam Saeng is honoring her promise to him to go out for a movie with him once her examination is finished. Dong Woo asked when Sam Saeng is going to honor her promise. Sam Saeng told him this weekend they will go to the movie together definitely. Dong Woo told her that he's not going to let her off if she didn't keep her promise. Dong Woo told Sam Saeng that he is happy to see her smile. He said that Sam Saeng's dream will come true and he believed in her. Sam Saeng thanked Dong Woo.

Ji Sung was waiting for Sam Saeng in the lounge. Ji Sung told Sam Saeng that he has mentioned to her before not to be busybody in other people's matters and to mind her own business. He asked how long is Sam Saeng going to live like this. Ji Sung said that he's angry and bothered seeing her. Sam Saeng apologized. Sam Saeng told Ji Sung not to bother with her affairs and live like her. Sam Saeng then went into her room and started picking up her book to study. Sam Saeng started to cough up blood. She got her friend's sickness (tuberculosis).

In Ep 38, Ki Jin informed Moo Ryong his decision to leave. It seems that Dong Woo is also being drafted.  Sam Saeng contracted tuberculosis and was informed of her sickness when she went for her checkup at the hospital.  She missed her movie date with Dong Woo because of that. Ji Sung on the other hand, had a date with Geum Ok but they seems to split unhappily. Dong Woo mistaken that Sam Saeng had gone out with Ji Sung and so he hit him and pulled Sam Saeng away. Dong Woo tried to kissed Sam Saeng but she forced him away by slapping him because she don't want to pass her disease to him. Geum Ok met Dong Woo on the way home and they went out for a drink. Geum Ok saw Ji Sung on the way home. To make Ji Sung jealous, she pretended to 'kiss' Dong Woo. Ji Sung thought that Geum Ok really kissed Dong Woo and he left angrily.  I think Geum Ok is planning to leave Ji Sung's home because of her sickness. Not sure about this. Sam Saeng's family is planning to move out of Seoul as their village will be demolished soon.

Guest ayselbora

Gene71632 - Tanks a lot for all recaps.

About the fashion magazine 1969. It was  a western  magazine  . I don't know how  it was in Korea but those years were the golden age  of "haute couture"  and the big  "mode-fashion" magazines in the world. Tecchnically and insidely not  too much different  from todays . It wasn't a prehistorical  time at all.

Guest shantanushitut

Thank you again @Gene71632 for the recap..always a pleasure to read them.I hope you can continue to write recaps provided you have time. :)>- well looks like everyone are going their way.Its so heartbreaking for SS to have missed the exam for which she worked so hard.Waiting for another year to get another shot would be a painful thing.So we might get a little time leap wherein SS might finally Make it in a Medical College and DW might come back from the service.I guess it is about 2years..The drama is slowly picking steam after a not so significant opening couple of weeks..I really would like to see SS ending up with DW rather than the cold and insensitive JS.Dw is better than JS.JS scores low on emotional Quotient..Oh and why was GO upset with JS?? Anyway amongst all this jamboree i am looking forward to the story between Ms.Hae and Sa kijin..KJ loves JD and so he bought a scarf for her but funniloy gave it away to PS..I think JD likes Doctor.Mooryoung....This drama is slowly growing on me.....

At this moment, JS is not my favourite. He is too withdrawn and doesn't seem like a guy who can take charge. For heaven's sake, if you have something to say, say it ! I can feel Geum OK's frustration. Geum OK is very direct and he can't take criticism. 
I dont want JD to end up with KJ. I don't like the way how KJ looked down on SS's mom (Geum OK's real mom). She may be crude but she is the woman who gave birth to your daughter and whom you adores so much. He is also greedy and selfish, switching the babies so that his own daughter can have better life.  I prefer her to end up with Moo Ryong. 

^Whaaa, but the nanny likes Moo Ryong. Ki Jin likes her, but he hasn't expressed that yet right? He knows / or thinks that Moo Ryong likes her. Nanny is such a nice person, that if she REALLY did go with KJ, I would bang my head on the wall. 
Don't worry, she isn't the type to change her feelings. She loves Moo Ryong because of his kindness and generosity

Archived